Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Mr Blitzkrieg']Holy shit. All I got at Madden was a poster![/QUOTE]

Definitely want the shirt and beanie. Any idea if GameStop is giving away anything like this for their pre-release? Might head over there after Best Buy's...

[quote name='ChaosLaw']Definitely want the shirt and beanie. Any idea if GameStop is giving away anything like this for their pre-release? Might head over there after Best Buy's...[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't you have to pick up the game there as well? I don't know if they'd just give stuff away to everyone walking in the door.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']Definitely want the shirt and beanie. Any idea if GameStop is giving away anything like this for their pre-release? Might head over there after Best Buy's...[/QUOTE]

My guess is a "great deal on trade ins" and the opportunity to pre order gears of war 5 limited edition. But in all honesty they don't have jack from what the two stores around me have said.

[quote name='Mr Blitzkrieg']Wouldn't you have to pick up the game there as well? I don't know if they'd just give stuff away to everyone walking in the door.[/QUOTE]

Who says I don't have it reserved there as well? :cool:
I hope that's not how BBY does it. I'm bringing a friend who'll play the campaign with me, and I'm sure he'd want this stuff.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']Who says I don't have it reserved there as well? :cool:
I hope that's not how BBY does it. I'm bringing a friend who'll play the campaign with me, and I'm sure he'd want this stuff.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I'll retract my statement. I only went to my local Best Buy for the Madden 12 Tournament and didn't pick up the game and I still got my poster. They had like 50 posters for the 16 people that showed up anyway.

[quote name='SeanTM22']I can't speak for how all the swag will be distributed, that's at the discretion of your specific store[/QUOTE]

My store is giving it to those who pre-ordered consoles and epic edition first, then others after. I hope Best Buy will PM the target/amazon giftcards, huge YMMV, but would be nice seeing as I am buying the 179.99 headset as well.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']My store is giving it to those who pre-ordered consoles and epic edition first, then others after. I hope Best Buy will PM the target/amazon giftcards, huge YMMV, but would be nice seeing as I am buying the 179.99 headset as well.[/QUOTE]

Good thought, I think that's how we'll end up doing it as well. After all, if you committed to getting the console or the Epic edition you deserve all the stuff.

after ordering the console and cancelling it 3x because i couldnt justify spending 400 to get another one....i finally bit. Target was about to get my business until Amazon added the $40 gift card.

LOL, i might walk over to Best Buy and see if i can leave with any swag. Either way, i dont really care that i had to get my Console at Gamestop, i traded a ton of flips and stuff so its still a good deal for me.

Cant wait to open that Crimson puppy up tommorow night ;o

With the halo reach swag, our best buy handed it out before they let us inside. Hopefully they don't give all the extras away to people who didn't buy from them before I gets mine lol.

So what are the odds of going to GS in the afternoon to pick up the LE? It doesn't seem like Amazon is going to put them on sale again and I have about $30 in credit at GS.

[quote name='SeanTM22']Found out about all the swag that Best Buy should have for the midnight launch.

1. Beanies
2. t-shirts (size L/XL)
3. Gears 3 Lanyards
4. Mini Gears 3 controller keychains
5. Gears 3 comic book

Looking forward to the release!!!![/QUOTE]

Ugh I wonder I should even try. I have no plans on getting it at bestbuy (paid off at GS with credit) but I'd love to have some of that.

[quote name='eliter1']So what are the odds of going to GS in the afternoon to pick up the LE? It doesn't seem like Amazon is going to put them on sale again and I have about $30 in credit at GS.[/QUOTE]

The impression I got from the dude at GS leads me to believe that if you didn't preorder anything you won't be able to find it on the shelves when it comes out.

Example: I checked online for the Retro Lancer and 4 stores in my area had them
in stock. I go to two of them and get the whole "Oh, we can't sell them unless you pre-ordered" speech, even tho they're in the back and show in stock on the website AND came out on the 13th.

tl;dr Probably not :(

[quote name='teh_minus']The impression I got from the dude at GS leads me to believe that if you didn't preorder anything you won't be able to find it on the shelves when it comes out.

in stock. I go to two of them and get the whole "Oh, we can't sell them unless you pre-ordered" speech, even tho they're in the back and show in stock on the website AND came out on the 13th.

tl;dr Probably not :([/QUOTE]

I don't know why the idiots at GS do that. What difference does it make if you pre-ordered or not? You still give them your cash. They think that this will force me to pre-order next time but it actually makes me never pre-order from them.

Has anyone heard any news on their GS.com orders for the Lancer bundle, when it went live again for a short period about 2 weeks ago (My order shows 9/8)? The order shows up in my GS.com history and is in 'Open' status, but when I click on the order number for the information, I am getting the old "server is unable to process your request" line. I see that they have pulled some credit off of the EDGE card I used, but not the whole $162.xx (paid for faster shipping). Why do I get the feeling GS is going to pull the old bastard retailer bait and switch on me, sending me a full price vanilla copy of the game, then telling me the discounted Lancer is cancelled...?? Oh yeah, because they're GS...

Some of that Best Buy swag sure sounds nice. Bummer that my Best Buy isn't doing a midnight launch :cry:

oh well, talked to the guys at my local Gamestop (which *is* doing midnight launch, and where I have my copy reserved) and asked if they were bringing back the DJ that they've had in the past for midnight releases. Nope. Turns out they've hired a band instead! A friend of one of the employees has a band and they're gonna be set up in the parking lot. sweet.:D 24 hours..I can't wait!!!:bouncy:

Love all the crazyness around the Gears 3 launch: the special/limited editions, cool stuff like the lancer and statues, midnight launch swag and of course the deals (just bought the gears console bundle after hearing about the amazon $40 credit). havent seen this much excitement for a game in awhile.

Is anyone else's best buy doing a gears tournamate? Mine had a sign up Friday saying that. I'm going to get it there now that I found out they are giving shirts.

Many Fry's locations are selling GoW with the GoW branded controller for $99.99 ($20 savings). It shows just the regular edition in the ad, but they usually extend these to all versions.

[quote name='eliter1']I don't know why the idiots at GS do that. What difference does it make if you pre-ordered or not? You still give them your cash. They think that this will force me to pre-order next time but it actually makes me never pre-order from them.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way, I offered to pay cash out of pocket for a Retro right there and they said no. It boggles the mind that pre-ordering makes all the difference in the world.

Speaking on the Best But Midnight Release stuff, is the swag only available to those who participate in the tournaments? I might be inclined to go there instead of Wal Mart if only for a chance to get a Gears 3 Lanyard. I've been looking for one for ages.

[quote name='SeanTM22']Found out about all the swag that Best Buy should have for the midnight launch.

1. Beanies
2. t-shirts (size L/XL)
3. Gears 3 Lanyards
4. Mini Gears 3 controller keychains
5. Gears 3 comic book

Looking forward to the release!!!![/QUOTE]

Do you know how these will be given, I mean do each person that attends will get one of each or just one out of the selection? I'm bringing someone with me but I'm the only one getting the game, can they get stuff too? Thanks.

I found out that the BB I pre-ordered from aren't doing a midnight release, so I'll just pre-order at another one that's not too far from me to get these swags. :D edit: actually can I just bring my pre-order receipt to the store that's having a midnight release?

[quote name='teh_minus']The impression I got from the dude at GS leads me to believe that if you didn't preorder anything you won't be able to find it on the shelves when it comes out.

tl;dr Probably not :([/QUOTE]

Of course it shows them in stock, but the ones they have in stock are for people who pre-ordered it, the local gamestops here got no extra at all. Wether you have cash on hand or not, you did not pre-order it, so they wont sell it to you. If anything you can request notification if no one picks theirs up. Also, the lancers are street dated for the 20th along with the rest of the product, saw it myself. Manager here showed me the box and whatnot, had a label on it stating such. Should have took the initiative and pre-ordered broham.

[quote name='bob_793']Any one have their amazon release date delivery shipped. Im getting worried.[/QUOTE]

Mine hasnt shipped yet but dont worry, later this evening amazon will ship it. Its all good brother !

[quote name='BREVITY']Is WM doing beanies as well? I might make the trip at midnight if so.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Walmart doing beanies as well. Did u preorder at Walmart? I dont think they will had it out to people that didnt purchase from their store.

[quote name='bob_793']Any one have their amazon release date delivery shipped. Im getting worried.[/QUOTE]
Amazon ships theirs out in the evenings, anywhere from like 4pm to 8pm EST.

I sometimes don't get notice it has shipped until after it is delivered. Out of 30 plus games with rdd only one didn't make it and that was due to a billing issue. That one came the day after rd

[quote name='SyxxHallNash']How awesome is it that at the last minute Amazon adds a $40 credit to the console bundle? Love that place.[/QUOTE]

pretty damn awesome lol

[quote name='h3ro']Has anyone had their newegg preorders ship?[/QUOTE]

I just cancelled mine, wasn't happy with the will ship within 24-48 hours with 3 day shipping. That shit should have gone out saturday. I'll take my chances in store and getting something back with purchase.

[quote name='SyxxHallNash']How awesome is it that at the last minute Amazon adds a $40 credit to the console bundle? Love that place.[/QUOTE]

Nice, when did they add that? I just noticed that mine just entered shipping soon stage. They aren't going to automatically apply the $40 credit though correct? I am going to have to cancel and re-order or try my luck with customer service, right?

[quote name='NegativeZero']I just cancelled mine, wasn't happy with the will ship within 24-48 hours with 3 day shipping. That shit should have gone out saturday. I'll take my chances in store and getting something back with purchase.[/QUOTE]
Bleh Newegg needs to get faster shipping at a better price. I have a few games preordered with them but if it's going to be that slow I'll just get them elsewhere. There's too many I want day one to wait.

[quote name='teh_minus']I feel the same way, I offered to pay cash out of pocket for a Retro right there and they said no. It boggles the mind that pre-ordering makes all the difference in the world.[/QUOTE]

The stores are only shipped the exact number that are preordered. By selling you one on the spot, that would mean someone who had the forethought to preorder one would not receive their's. Is that a preferable circumstance?

[quote name='Trance Addix']Amazon order has entered "Shipping Soon" and I expect it to ship by the evening.[/QUOTE]

Same. I pre-ordered MVC3 and got it on release day. I was going to post it so some wouldn't get worried. It didn't ship until extremely late that Monday night and I still got it Tuesday night. It isn't long now until I'll have Gears 3.

Picking mine up at midnight and getting the console bundle at Gamestop. Wished I waited to get it at Amazon instead for that 40 dollar credit but whatever. Most of the stuff I did at GS was cancellation of games that were preordered and trade ins. Would have never be able to afford it cash wise.

Starting to get nervous about my GS LE/Lancer bundle order. The site still shows Open under the status but when I looked at my bank account it only shows a pending charge for the cost of the LE. Like many others I only got the LE because I thought this would include a steel book but that changed and I don't want to lose the reduce price for the lancer bundle. Really thinking bout ditching the LE and going for the standard copy somewhere like Walmart or BB.

Just got an e-mail from Best Buy that the game has been shipped. Does anyone know if the code for Mechanic Baird will be in a separate e-mail or if it's inside on a packing slip or something?

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']The stores are only shipped the exact number that are preordered. By selling you one on the spot, that would mean someone who had the forethought to preorder one would not receive their's. Is that a preferable circumstance?[/QUOTE]

Totally worth it.

[quote name='teh_minus']Totally worth it.[/QUOTE]

Not really. If gamers lose confidence in the pre-orders, then the pre-orders will drop. And pre-orders are effectively free lending that can be invested. A company would be stupid to forgo this opportunity.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Nice, when did they add that? I just noticed that mine just entered shipping soon stage. They aren't going to automatically apply the $40 credit though correct? I am going to have to cancel and re-order or try my luck with customer service, right?[/QUOTE]

I think they added it last night, thats when I saw it and ordered.

Someone in the thread said they weren't adding it automatically, someone else suggested telling CS you were going to return and re-order would probably get it sorted in your favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back