Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='wolve']As other have stated before, Amazon tends to ship out at the end of the day for release date delivery. So if you don't get a shipping e-mail after 5 more hours, then you might want to worry.[/QUOTE]
Oh I see....Chiyochan!:D

Please add Linkgx1 to your friends list people. Need more people to play with! :bouncy:

[quote name='wolve']As other have stated before, Amazon tends to ship out at the end of the day for release date delivery. So if you don't get a shipping e-mail after 5 more hours, then you might want to worry.[/QUOTE]

I've had a game ship at around midnight before and still be in my hands on release day so yeah they are pretty good about delivering.

Has anyone got shipped from Walmart?

Any idea how they will send the Grenadier code? Email/Inside game?

If I buy it at a store tonight/tomorrow..will they have the Elite code?

Sorry I think these questions have been asked a lot before & many of us don't have a definitive answer, but still wanted to ask :)

Gosh Why does Walmart never give out clear information & it happens all the time :mad:

Does Amazon take the money out while it says shipping soon?

Also, I preordered at Gamestop back in May....but I'm not picking it up. Will I still be able to use the code on the receipt? Just wondering (tried looking back a few threads).

What typically goes on at a Best Buy midnight release? Is it like Gamestop where they heard you like cattle into a long ass line, or do they actually do stuff? I kind of want to wait until tomorrow, but I don't want to miss out on my Baird code in case they run out.

[quote name='Linkgx1']Does Amazon take the money out while it says shipping soon?

Also, I preordered at Gamestop back in May....but I'm not picking it up. Will I still be able to use the code on the receipt? Just wondering (tried looking back a few threads).[/QUOTE]

They charge when it SHIPS/is SHIPPED. If it's shipping soon then it hasn't shipped has it? But that's just my logic at work, not to be a dick but if you're that hard up for cash maybe you shouldn't spend what you have on video games.

You can return your game to GS after you use the code, they might try and give you a hard time but they should take it back, if not try at another store or try on another day, but they should take it.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']What typically goes on at a Best Buy midnight release? Is it like Gamestop where they heard you like cattle into a long ass line, or do they actually do stuff? I kind of want to wait until tomorrow, but I don't want to miss out on my Baird code in case they run out.[/QUOTE]

Supposedly yes but it depends, some stores do stuff and have events or whatever other stores don't and you just wait in line, or so I've been told.

The Baird code is supposed to be emailed to you, they won't run out......

quick question about gamestop pre-order. Mine is showing up as back-ordered. Is that normal? Or are they gonna ship out tomorrow? I tried cancelling but those idiots wouldnt let me because I got the pre-order beta bonus. So now I have to return it at the store. But, if it is back-ordered I guess I can argue see if they will cancel my order. What can I do?? I really dont want this order to go trough. I am going to get the game for free and its not worth all the return hassle??

[quote name='sixspeednissan']What typically goes on at a Best Buy midnight release? Is it like Gamestop where they heard you like cattle into a long ass line, or do they actually do stuff? I kind of want to wait until tomorrow, but I don't want to miss out on my Baird code in case they run out.[/QUOTE]

My local store (Columbia, MD) is having a raffle during the midnight release for the people that preordered. First prize is an upgrade to the Epic Edition, second is a copy of the Gears triple pack and 3rd place is a Gears 3 strategy guide.

[quote name='kouleefoh']anybody has experience with midnight release? What time should we show up? midnight? or are we supposed to come and line up ahead of time?[/QUOTE]

For gamestop, they say to come as early as 10, so you can pay for your game, and expedite the process of picking up your copy and getting out of there quickly after midnight.

[quote name='kouleefoh']anybody has experience with midnight release? What time should we show up? midnight? or are we supposed to come and line up ahead of time?[/QUOTE]

Wondering the same. I've never actually been to a BB midnight release. Is an hour early a good rule of thumb?

The LE edition is back in stock at Gamestop.com

Also, the lancers are showing in-stock at local stores if you put your zip code in. I called and yes they have some in stock, but they are all pre-orders only, so none to sell for walk-ins.

If any of you are brave and live in NY, GTTV and xbox will be at the BB in Times Square for the midnight release of Gears ofcourse. I'm a bit late but hey you might get on tv or the xbox video channel thingy.

Just received emails from Gamestop that my lancers will be delayed in shipping and will not ship until Sept 26th. They did refund my shipping cost and gave me a 50% off coupon for some action figures.

[quote name='hustletron']They charge when it SHIPS/is SHIPPED. If it's shipping soon then it hasn't shipped has it? But that's just my logic at work, not to be a dick but if you're that hard up for cash maybe you shouldn't spend what you have on video games.

You can return your game to GS after you use the code, they might try and give you a hard time but they should take it back, if not try at another store or try on another day, but they should take it.

Supposedly yes but it depends, some stores do stuff and have events or whatever other stores don't and you just wait in line, or so I've been told.

The Baird code is supposed to be emailed to you, they won't run out......[/QUOTE]

Well congrats, you are being a dick. Maybe you should get outside and have a life instead of staying on forums all day? First, I'm having it come out of an account that is not mine as someone owes me. Who's business is it what I do with my money anyhow? I ordered a whole bunch of stuff online that is coming out at different times and I'm double checking financining just because my debit card was stolen before and I'm making sure no one is taking any extra money out. I'm taking accounting right now ass.:roll:

[quote name='harish7447']Has anyone got shipped from Walmart?

Any idea how they will send the Grenadier code? Email/Inside game?

If I buy it at a store tonight/tomorrow..will they have the Elite code?

Sorry I think these questions have been asked a lot before & many of us don't have a definitive answer, but still wanted to ask :)

Gosh Why does Walmart never give out clear information & it happens all the time :mad:[/QUOTE]

I ordered the game/controller bundle at Wal-mart and received my controller today through USPS. The game was shipped from Fedex in New York and is scheduled to arrive in Maine tomorrow. Unfortunately, they'll try to deliver while I'm at work, so I'll have to have them hold it and pick it up on Wednesday. :cry:

When I pre-ordered it from Best Buy the employee said there would be a midnight launch and this wasn't that long ago, now when I called the store said they were not doing one....what's up with that, it's part of the reason I ordered :/

[quote name='MoCiWe']When I pre-ordered it from Best Buy the employee said there would be a midnight launch and this wasn't that long ago, now when I called the store said they were not doing one....what's up with that, it's part of the reason I ordered :/[/QUOTE]

They must have had fewer pre-orders than they anticipated. It would be pretty stupid for a huge store like that to open in the middle of the night for 25 or 30 people to come in and pick up a video game that they could pick up later that morning.

[quote name='deantjeep']Just received emails from Gamestop that my lancers will be delayed in shipping and will not ship until Sept 26th. They did refund my shipping cost and gave me a 50% off coupon for some action figures.[/QUOTE]

I got this too. Kinda bummed given that I ordered this back in May.

Also, action figure coupons? wtf? :roll:

[quote name='Hot Sizzle']Woot! Mines saying shipped on amazon's site, tracking number and everything. Can't wait to finally play this!![/QUOTE]

lucky I still have shipping soon. Well atleast my Fable 3 is shipped.

[quote name='Hot Sizzle']Woot! Mines saying shipped on amazon's site, tracking number and everything. Can't wait to finally play this!![/QUOTE]
Ive been constantly looking at my order status all day. Still shipping soon. Theirs a line up already at my local game stop. I drove by and laughed.

Yeah my amazon console order still says shipping soon but i have no doubt ill get it tomorrow with the release day shipping. just probably wont get it till 4-5pm. :(

[quote name='The 7th Number']Yeah my amazon console order still says shipping soon but i have no doubt ill get it tomorrow with the release day shipping. just probably wont get it till 4-5pm. :([/QUOTE]
I have some doubt just because ive been screwed once by circuit city and once by best buy. However im ok with getting my game late I have to work anyways and have Wednesday off.

Just got an email saying my system was shipped and i got the kantus code email in a separate email.

EDIT: Nevermind the email was for the 40 dollar amazon credit. LMAO, just think if i sold that code on ebay saying it was a kantus. DOH!

EDIT 2, i tried to add it as a gift card but wont work, i can only use this when i am making a purchase?

I hate Tuesday releases, I took Tuesday and Wednesday off to play...had it been out on Thursday or Friday, I would have had time off + weekend. I guess I could have taken 4 days off, but it would be overkill with my workload right now.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I hate Tuesday releases, I took Tuesday and Wednesday off to play...had it been out on Thursday or Friday, I would have had time off + weekend. I guess I could have taken 4 days off, but it would be overkill with my workload right now.[/QUOTE]
Save your time for skyrims friday release. which i will use my amazon 20$ credit towards

[quote name='The 7th Number']Just got an email saying my system was shipped and i got the kantus code email in a separate email.

EDIT: Nevermind the email was for the 40 dollar amazon credit. LMAO, just think if i sold that code on ebay saying it was a kantus. DOH!

EDIT 2, i tried to add it as a gift card but wont work, i can only use this when i am making a purchase?[/QUOTE]
You have to buy an item sold by AMAZON. Amazon Warehouse does not count.

god I hate all of you. BTW your allowed to go and get your packages at the designated UPS correct? I dont want to wait till 4-6 pm to play this. I have a friend that was playing this today and I was soo jealous.

[quote name='Dalerax']I can't tell... are you bragging about getting raped?[/QUOTE]

Not at all. I'm happy the game is about to come out. I hate the fact it was expensive for what it was - DLC already on the disk - but what are we gonna do? I love Gears and went for the 'gusto' I'm still not happy about them taking advantage of their fans.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']god I hate all of you. BTW your allowed to go and get your packages at the designated UPS correct? I dont want to wait till 4-6 pm to play this. I have a friend that was playing this today and I was soo jealous.[/QUOTE]

They go out for delivery around 7:30 to 8:30AM, so no.

[quote name='new1']anyone got their amazon skin codes yet?[/QUOTE]

Nope but i got the 40 dollar code in another email. Though i couldnt apply it into my credit, guess i have to wait till im buying something to use it then.

Also my Marcus Fenix Journeys end figure shipped from gamestop.

Mine shipped at 7:50 pm according to Amazon. When I pre-ordered MVC3 it was about that late as well. I prob won't sleep tonight knowing I'll have Gears 3 tomorrow. The only thing bad is ups doesn't come till 4-7pm on average and its usually close to 7pm. At least I'll get it on release day and got that 20 dollars credit.

2Yd8k.jpg

M8bGS.jpg

Best Buy Swag get ready!!!!

[quote name='Purkeynator']Anyone notice that the Limited Edition is no longer available on Amazon? Wonder if it was really limited this time....[/QUOTE]

It's been like that for a while -- only occasionally returning to stock. Hopefully it is truly limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back