Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='hustletron']I'm hoping this is the case, I'm going at midnight to WalMart, I hope it's not packaged in the case. The Gold Hammerburst code was separate when I bought Gears 2 from there at midnight.[/QUOTE]

could you report if the code was included in the game? hopefully it is. i'm going to BB to pick up my copy.

yea the keychain is nice - hope my store has some - I'm not lining up, gonna get there at 12:20 and grab the game and dip! Bet all the swag will be gone by then :(

I read another forum that the code from Walmart was a card that they shrink wrapped outside the game case. I'm guessing the in store copies will have no code.

[quote name='officerrickyross222']will amazon email codes out tonight ?[/QUOTE]

I heard we get them anywhere from tomorrow till thursday. Like I posted before I rather have the guy from walmart then the kantus guy. PM if you want to trade.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I heard we get them anywhere from tomorrow till thursday. Like I posted before I rather have the guy from walmart then the kantus guy. PM if you want to trade.[/QUOTE]

thx hope they arrive tomorow. i want mechanic baird so if any wants to trade pm also lol

My BB didn't call me. And they don't have a midnight event listed on the website.
Hope they have a lanyard when I show up tomorrow.

Just received an email that my LE has shipped and one of my Lancers shipped too! Funny how I got an email earlier today stating that my Lancers were not going to ship until next Monday...Maybe my other Lancer will ship next week...

My game and CE strategy guide both shipped a few hours ago. Hopefully they'll get here at a reasonable hour tomorrow. Still waiting for the email for the code, though that could be Thursday before it goes out.

Edit: That is from Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Purkeynator']Anyone notice that the Limited Edition is no longer available on Amazon? Wonder if it was really limited this time....[/QUOTE]

It went away a long time ago and came back yesterday for a while but I thought about it too much...:roll:

I'm hoping to waltz into K tomorrow and pick this up around mid-day. but i only want the deal on the year of live $30, so i need to unload gears.

also: can someone clean up the tags? eg: "god of war 3" is wrong.

[quote name='MillionBlades']still no shipping info from amazon :( WTF and it says its gonna be delivered on Sept 20th[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. This is the first time I pre-ordered for release day delivery from Amazon and the suspense is killing me. :pray:

[quote name='Trance Addix']It's been like that for a while -- only occasionally returning to stock. Hopefully it is truly limited.[/QUOTE]

You can still preorder it from Walmart. The CE is disappointing to me it's really not that impressive so I don't see it being truly limited. GoW2 LE isn't worth that much more brand new.

[quote name='jinxpalm']I read another forum that the code from Walmart was a card that they shrink wrapped outside the game case. I'm guessing the in store copies will have no code.[/QUOTE]

If that's the case, some stores should still have them included since I'd find it hard to imagine the Walmart employees would just dump them in the garbage for any remaining non pre-orders. They'll probably just pack them up and ship them out to distribution amongst B&M WM's.

[quote name='Donut2922']You can still preorder it from Walmart. The CE is disappointing to me it's really not that impressive so I don't see it being truly limited. GoW2 LE isn't worth that much more brand new.

If that's the case, some stores should still have them included since I'd find it hard to imagine the Walmart employees would just dump them in the garbage for any remaining non pre-orders. They'll probably just pack them up and ship them out to distribution amongst B&M WM's.[/QUOTE]

Again I don't think so. The website never gave you an option to pick up in store and stores did no preorders.

My local Best Buy was supposed to have a Gears tournament with a $50 GC prize for the winner. (I know weak)

They've been pimping out the event for the past few weeks and today I went in to trade in some games and was told that it was canceled since corporate told them that they can't have tournaments on M rated games. :lol:

Also, as for the Savage Grenadier code...a card code seems to be the case:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GearsOfWar-...988?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6a8f0ccc

[quote name='dragon114']when does amazon send out the 20 dollar credit[/QUOTE]

Typically anytime between now and Thursday. The same goes for the DLC code.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I think there should be a thread in the Trade thread for everyone that wants to exchange codes.[/QUOTE]

I second that.

[quote name='jinxpalm']Again I don't think so. The website never gave you an option to pick up in store and stores did no preorders.[/QUOTE]

a lot of games have declared DLC exclusives with preorders but have ended up including them with the game purchases after launch day. Amazon and BB are two retailers that come to mind. i get what you mean but i suppose we won't know with 100% certainty until any Walmart preorder CAGs on the east coast confirm when they get home.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']whoelse is watching GTTV. Its amazing how videogames get people so riled up.[/QUOTE]
Kinda wishing I stuck with my preorder at gamestop. I could be there right now....but...I....coudln't....resist....the $20 credit.

*DLC alert update*

My Baird DLC code was just emailed to me from Best Buy literally just 2 minutes ago. So looks like Best Buy is emailing all email accounts at midnight EST.

[quote name='Linkgx1']Kinda wishing I stuck with my preorder at gamestop. I could be there right now....but...I....coudln't....resist....the $20 credit.[/QUOTE]

Nah its not GS its BB. No offense but many people who are there kinda look like the type of people who worship videogames. Im a pretty big gamer but I wouldn't stand outside for hours for some game.

EDIT- HAPPY GEARS DAY EVERYONE WHHHWHWOWOWWOWOWOWOW

[quote name='reapersaurus']Whoa! I just cancelled my Gow3 pre-order earlier tonight, but BB.com just sent me the preorder code....[/QUOTE]

lol can i have it ?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Nah its not GS its BB. No offense but many people who are there kinda look like the type of people who worship videogames. Im a pretty big gamer but I wouldn't stand outside for hours for some game.

EDIT- HAPPY GEARS DAY EVERYONE WHHHWHWOWOWWOWOWOWOW[/QUOTE]
Yea....that's true. I just don't have the time these days. I'm trying to focus on my college life/potential career. Sometimes I wish I could be like that but it's been hard the past couple of years.

I stood out for the Wii on launch.....but it's just not worth it. The issue is that within a short period of time the game devalues and it's not differnet today than yesterday. ESPECIALLY with Capcom games where it's best NOT to get it on launch day...

Sometimes I think people forget what site their on. Guy tries to sell me a baird code for $15. Get the fuck out here. That right there is dead rising 2 like new from the amazon warehouse with $2 to spare. PM if someone wants to trade their baird code away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back