Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='kouleefoh']Heres the funny thing, i got the code n my xbox is banned.[/QUOTE]

the reason why you should be nice and give to me lol :D

I picked up a "midnight launch" copy at BB. To my surprise, the instruction manual is literally just a folded paper. Most 1st party (Reach, previous Gears) games had decent paperwork inside, but for some reason Microsoft skimmed out on this one. Though, it did come with some stickers.

I know most of you don't care, but one of my favorite things, still, is reading a good manual.

[quote name='jinxpalm']well I ebayed baird code for $38, I'd buy one for $15 lol[/QUOTE]
this, lol

And I'll admit a dumb story quick. I wanted the baird code so I just preordered at Best Buy and canceled right away to try and get it. So far all I got instead is a pending $65 CC charge haha. So yeah probably dont try that.

[quote name='Trance Addix']I picked up a "midnight launch" copy at BB. To my surprise, the instruction manual is literally just a folded paper. Most 1st party (Reach, previous Gears) games had decent paperwork inside, but for some reason Microsoft skimmed out on this one. Though, it did come with some stickers.

I know most of you don't care, but one of my favorite things, still, is reading a good manual.[/QUOTE]

i suppose there weren't any extra Baird DLC packed into the game?

[quote name='jinxpalm']well I ebayed baird code for $38, I'd buy one for $15 lol[/QUOTE]

in hinsight that was a better move. you can tell CAGs are trying to dump it so quick as low as $20. nice :roll:

[quote name='Trance Addix']I picked up a "midnight launch" copy at BB. To my surprise, the instruction manual is literally just a folded paper. Most 1st party (Reach, previous Gears) games had decent paperwork inside, but for some reason Microsoft skimmed out on this one. Though, it did come with some stickers.

I know most of you don't care, but one of my favorite things, still, is reading a good manual.[/QUOTE]

i just came back from a similar BB event.
I feel like MS/Epic dropped the ball on the Ltd. Ed. Set. Not really much to it for $80.
No code from BB here yet but my email does start with a V.

[quote name='jinxpalm']anyone that went to walmart for midnight launch please post if you got a dlc code... thanks[/QUOTE]

Waiting in line now. No beanies tho...this store didn't get them.

For GOW2, the gold hammerburst got down to about 1.50 on ebay. So if you are going to sell, list right away. Also, people should hit up walmart, if the codes are not inside the game, its likely they will have a stack sitting out. I've picked up many pre order bonuses at walmart without buying the game just by asking.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Hrm.. my LE hasn't shipped from Amazon yet, but it's still schedule for tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I live near LA, and I saw that it's shipping from Las Vegas. You should be fine.

Theres only 12 people here at bb line. Lol im the only guy that never played gears. Everyone wanna play against me for the tourney. I bought it for the bonus n i came for the t shirt!

[quote name='jinxpalm']anyone that went to walmart for midnight launch please post if you got a dlc code... thanks[/QUOTE]

I went to Walmart with a friend who wanted it tonight. There was no DLC but he did get a beanie, which is of decent quality considering it's free.

[quote name='avalanche4']I went to Walmart with a friend who wanted it tonight. There was no DLC but he did get a beanie, which is of decent quality considering it's free.[/QUOTE]
So you're sure the grenadier elite isn't packed in with the game?

[quote name='Theenternal']For GOW2, the gold hammerburst got down to about 1.50 on ebay. So if you are going to sell, list right away. Also, people should hit up walmart, if the codes are not inside the game, its likely they will have a stack sitting out. I've picked up many pre order bonuses at walmart without buying the game just by asking.[/QUOTE]

They just have a stack of codes? Sitting there?

Got mine from BB. Not that money people, not much more than a dozen while I was there. Got a hat, t-shirt, lanyard, key chain and comic book. I gave the hat and shirt to a friend that came along. It's installing now and can't wait.

The only damper on the night is that my car battery died in the parking lot when I left. Got it jumped, but now I have a chore to take care of.

Edit: Oh and I'll trade my Baird for a Grenadier Elite Wal-Mart skin guy.

I got the top prize at my Best Buy's raffle, upgrade to an Epic Edition. Only 4 people stuck around for 3 prizes (also a triple pack and strategy guide), and it looked like the 4th guy was given the preorder display box. Since they were expecting to upgrade from a regular edition, I should have asked the 4th guy if he wanted the Limited Edition I bought and I'd upgrade his regular edition to the Epic one. Didn't think of that until I was in the car on the way home, though.

Got the beanie, keychain, lanyard and comic, didn't grab a shirt. Haven't gotten my mechanic Baird code e-mail yet, though some other people at the store had gotten it while waiting there.

Just got back from my local BB midnight release. Overall it was alright. My local one just bundled everything (lanyard, comic, shirt, beanie and keychain) in a GoW tote and raffled those off for anyone there before 11:50 got a raffle ticket.

Won one bundle so I'm happy. They had extras of everything so they then just started at the front of the line and anyone that didn't win a bundle had choice of 1 of the items that they had extra.

Oh also saw a guy walking out with the console, EE, headset, GoW live membership card and the "vault" casing. I think if I went and took a shit in the toilet and wrote GoW3 on it he would have bought it...

Probably one of the people that has all the DLC already. So he probably spent close to a grand on GoW.

Do you need to have a pre-order to go to these events or can you just go and pick one up right there? I have one pre-ordered at another BB that's not having a launch and I'm still thinking about going to one that's having one but I didn't get a chance to pre-order. Thanks. I still got about 2 hours to go.

Amazon said it shipped but the ups tracking said it has not received the package? Anyone else have this?
I remember once how my package never got sent out and said this so I complained the next day to them and they sent out a replacement. And what do you know days later I received the original item that never sent, days after than my prime window! I hope this is not the case with amazon with this game! I order everything through them and my ups man usually comes at 10:30am to 11am for even ground/2day/overnight.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='avalanche4']He said no.[/QUOTE]

somebody had an ebay posting with a physical card voucher of that one. I'm guessing it was photoshopped then and all WM DLC's will be by email only. Which might make this DLC even more valuable after tomorrow.

can anybody with a WM copy post up the UPC on the back of the game case?

Damn if I knew they were giving away free stuff, I would of kept my preorder.

Wait.....did gamestop have the free stuff too? I'm only seeing Best Buy people.

Just got my pre-order DLC emailed to me from BB. Message me if anybody wants it. Gonna go get my pre-order refunded tomorrow anyways.

Help please? :)

Selling code on ebay...what's the best way to protect yourself?

I've heard about ppl getting ripped off on both sides (selling/buying) so how can I not? Also heard they pretty much side with the buyer on everything now, I have no feedback.

If I print the BB email and mail it to the buy and put no refunds am I good?

CST time, just got back no codes where given. Just beanie (hat) nor did they give out gift cards like they are known to do in the past.

Hey I got a quick question for those who got the limited edition and have them in hand...

There's only one code inside for BOTH Adam Fenix and the 2 day Gold trial... yes?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Anyone on the West Coast get their Baird code yet.[/QUOTE]

I got my at 8:54 PST and i am on west coast

[quote name='PimpLimp']Just got my pre-order DLC emailed to me from BB. Message me if anybody wants it. Gonna go get my pre-order refunded tomorrow anyways.[/QUOTE]

^This....This is generosity at its maxium. Pimp god bless you, archer (Funniest show on tv right now), and the Boondocks ( Season 4 make it happen).

[quote name='62t']I got my at 8:54 PST and i am on west coast[/QUOTE]

fuck! I wonder what the hold up is.

EDIT: Has anyone not gotten their Baird code yet?

[quote name='HarryManback']Help please? :)

Selling code on ebay...what's the best way to protect yourself?

I've heard about ppl getting ripped off on both sides (selling/buying) so how can I not? Also heard they pretty much side with the buyer on everything now, I have no feedback.

If I print the BB email and mail it to the buy and put no refunds am I good?[/QUOTE]

I always send the code in writing to the buyers as it is against ebay policy to email codes, not saying you can't, but once in awhile they slam down upon people for doing this. I always do both though, email the code so they have it immediately and just write it down and send it in a letter.

Just keep a copy of the letter. The problem with codes is you can't check if it has been redeemed, because obviously if you try and it hasn't, then you just used the code you sold. I know that sounds common sense but I've known two people who have done that so just saying.

Good luck with your sale, I always sell preorder DLC on ebay to help recoup the cost of games. I just sold my Savage Kantus skin tonight for $24 (amazing what people will pay for this crap) and will send it both ways.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']fuck! I wonder what the hold up is.

EDIT: Has anyone not gotten their Baird code yet?[/QUOTE]

I haven't, but I didn't place my pre-order until this morning. Possible they had run out of codes by the time I pre-ordered.

Not in spam. Best Buy emails always hit my inbox. :whistle2:(

Guess I'll be talking with 800-BEST-BUY sometime tomorrow...though I doubt that they'd have any more in stock.

Went to WM and got the beanie even though we preordered through Amazon to get their discount. We wanted to play tonight so we will return out Amazon Gears 3's w/our WM receipt. Anyway the beanies are nice. Embroidered and better than the Halo Reach ones that had that lip.
http://twitpic.com/6nolzz Beanie on the right is the free one. The one on the left my son got a few weeks ago b/c he loves the game.

My plan was to buy the standard edition at GameStop at midnight so I can play tonight, but I have the console coming from Amazon tomorrow. I wanted to take my game that comes with the console back to GameStop. I had a feeling it may not work, and I was right. The copy of Gears of War 3 that comes with the console doesn't have a barcode on the back, and it's labled as "not for individual sale". Just don't want anyone getting screwed by this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back