Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, Gamefaqs is a madhouse. Its hilarious how many people are trying to swap codes (Mainly Commando Dom's). Either way, i'll wait for the prices to tank very shortly, then buy some of the other Pre-Order characters :)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']fuck! I wonder what the hold up is.

EDIT: Has anyone not gotten their Baird code yet?[/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten my code either; nor has my wife, nor my father...EXTREMELY pissed right now.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']At least I'm not alone.[/QUOTE]

Me, you, and my whole family, apparently. When did you pre-order? Mine was done back in July; my wife's was done last week, and my Dad had an online order last night.

I remember something similar happened to me with Best Buy once, didnt receive the code until like 3 days later.

Other than that, you could always call the Customer Service line, they are pretty helpful. (Used them a few times before when i never recieved a code)

[quote name='Death by Kuvasz']I always send the code in writing to the buyers as it is against ebay policy to email codes, not saying you can't, but once in awhile they slam down upon people for doing this. I always do both though, email the code so they have it immediately and just write it down and send it in a letter.

Just keep a copy of the letter. The problem with codes is you can't check if it has been redeemed, because obviously if you try and it hasn't, then you just used the code you sold. I know that sounds common sense but I've known two people who have done that so just saying.

Good luck with your sale, I always sell preorder DLC on ebay to help recoup the cost of games. I just sold my Savage Kantus skin tonight for $24 (amazing what people will pay for this crap) and will send it both ways.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, yeah I gotta start doing that too. I've seen/heard about ppl paying a lot for codes, which pretty much can make the game cheap (~$20) on release and free after trading it. I won't even show up for my preorder cuz I don't have a 360, lol.

[quote name='sasuke543']Do you have to pay it in full first, in order to get the code?[/QUOTE]
Nope, I got the email code about 11pm and I just did the GoW3 preorder thing to get the better TiV.

I want the game, and the $20 on Amazon, but I just don't have it in me to buy the game right now. Anyone wanna reassure me that it may have the chance of going down in price like Deus Ex, either in a couple weeks or black friday? Or should I just get the game now?

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Got all 3 of my Baird codes.[/QUOTE]

Did you preorder all of them using the same RZ account? I preordered two copies in different transactions, but I have only received a single code. I'm just wondering if they limited it to one per email address even though there was never anything in-store or online to indicate this was the case.

[quote name='winterlane']Did you preorder all of them using the same RZ account? I preordered two copies in different transactions, but I have only received a single code. I'm just wondering if they limited it to one per email address even though there was never anything in-store or online to indicate this was the case.[/QUOTE]

Two on one account, one on another in my g/f's name, and I have already sold them for those asking.

[quote name='jinxpalm']Havent gotten my Baird code yet, wonder if I should be worried.[/QUOTE]

Be worried...I am. Join the dark side. :hot:

[quote name='HarryManback']Nope, I got the email code about 11pm and I just did the GoW3 preorder thing to get the better TiV.[/QUOTE]

Dang I also preordered to take advantage of that Trade-In promo...haven't gotten any code emailed so far.

[quote name='Dark_Ryder14']I want the game, and the $20 on Amazon, but I just don't have it in me to buy the game right now. Anyone wanna reassure me that it may have the chance of going down in price like Deus Ex, either in a couple weeks or black friday? Or should I just get the game now?[/QUOTE]

Get the game now if you really want it and will play it right away, or have friends that want to play with you online. If you play and enjoy it now then to me it was worth paying $20 early to play it right away.

Otherwise waiting a few months won't hurt. I see this being $34.99-$39.99 during the holiday season. Perhaps black friday will have a deal somewhere.

Toys R Us usually has a B2G1 Free offer for new games in the fall as well. Could be better to wait for that and pair it with two other games you wanted.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Hey I got a quick question for those who got the limited edition and have them in hand...

There's only one code inside for BOTH Adam Fenix and the 2 day Gold trial... yes?[/QUOTE]

Limited Edition has a paper slip inside the game case that has the 2 day Gold trial. The Adam Fenix code is printed on the large COG medal itself. Take it out of the case and flip it over, it's printed on the bottom of the backside.

just got home from BB midnight launch. Only got the beanie, key chain, lanyard, and the comic. Really wanted the t-shirt but they didn't have it. T.T

If any cag's have an extra lanyard send me a pm! It's really the only thing I don't have atm.

Also. The walmart I went to had no beanies and no gift card offer. No dlc either.

[quote name='tenzor']Get the game now if you really want it and will play it right away, or have friends that want to play with you online. If you play and enjoy it now then to me it was worth paying $20 early to play it right away.

Otherwise waiting a few months won't hurt. I see this being $34.99-$39.99 during the holiday season. Perhaps black friday will have a deal somewhere.

Toys R Us usually has a B2G1 Free offer for new games in the fall as well. Could be better to wait for that and pair it with two other games you wanted.[/QUOTE]
I do want it now, but I also have Deus Ex waiting for me, so idk :(

So I've been playing some Campaign on Hardcore and absolutely loving it! Before that I setup my multiplayer stuff with all my weapon skins and unlocked characters and stuff.
The Epic Edition is awesome - it truly makes you feel like you've got something special and of value.
And ofcourse I can't forget about the Retro Lancer!
ITS FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!
Goodnight, I'm getting back on it in just a few hours...

[quote name='SyxxHallNash']My plan was to buy the standard edition at GameStop at midnight so I can play tonight, but I have the console coming from Amazon tomorrow. I wanted to take my game that comes with the console back to GameStop. I had a feeling it may not work, and I was right. The copy of Gears of War 3 that comes with the console doesn't have a barcode on the back, and it's labled as "not for individual sale". Just don't want anyone getting screwed by this.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Looks like Gears won't have unique SKU's ala Mortal Kombat.

The UPC for my BB copy is 885370201215 which is what I'm pretty sure the GS copies and Amazon copies will come in with.

My BB had at least 35 people I'd say. Probably more. Pretty good turnout. The swag I think made it worth picking up at midnight. BB needs to work on their process for midnight launch release. They return your $5 deposit back to a gift card. Then you have to re-use that gift at 12am to pay off your remaining balance. Gamestop's process to ring you up before 12am and just hand you the game at midnight is a lot more efficient. The line at my BB had to be at least a 30 minute wait for the last customer.

[quote name='Donut2922']Yep. Looks like Gears won't have unique SKU's ala Mortal Kombat.

The UPC for my BB copy is 885370201215 which is what I'm pretty sure the GS copies and Amazon copies will come in with.

My BB had at least 35 people I'd say. Probably more. Pretty good turnout. The swag I think made it worth picking up at midnight. BB needs to work on their process for midnight launch release. They return your $5 deposit back to a gift card. Then you have to re-use that gift at 12am to pay off your remaining balance. Gamestop's process to ring you up before 12am and just hand you the game at midnight is a lot more efficient. The line at my BB had to be at least a 30 minute wait for the last customer.[/QUOTE]
Sounds just like my bestbuy. Where did you go?

[quote name='Donut2922']Yep. Looks like Gears won't have unique SKU's ala Mortal Kombat.

[/QUOTE]

Can anyone confirm that sku for another store other then BB? I want to pick up a copy at walmart and then wait for my online order from walmart to come in and return it. I know I wont get my online order for at least a week.

[quote name='VAL@CAG']So I've been playing some Campaign on Hardcore and absolutely loving it! Before that I setup my multiplayer stuff with all my weapon skins and unlocked characters and stuff.
The Epic Edition is awesome - it truly makes you feel like you've got something special and of value.
And ofcourse I can't forget about the Retro Lancer!
ITS FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!
Goodnight, I'm getting back on it in just a few hours...[/QUOTE]

great to hear cant wait til tomorrow to play the game and get to unpack the Epic Edition

any other impressions on the quality of the Epic Edition?

^Eh, I wouldn't sweat it man. While I did get a shirt out of it, my store didn't do any kind of raffle, and I heard some people didn't get anything even if they did show up. Your $20 credit is probably worth just as much, if not more.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']^Eh, I wouldn't sweat it man. While I did get a shirt out of it, my store didn't do any kind of raffle, and I heard some people didn't get anything even if they did show up. Your $20 credit is probably worth just as much, if not more.[/QUOTE]

I showed up at my Best Buy right at Midnight to get my pre-order. I was last in line of probably 40 or more people and I got absolutely nothing for swag. I asked but they ran out of stuff before I was able to check out. I also bought more than one copy of the game but so far have only one Baird code. fucking Best Buy...

[quote name='trunks982']i preordered both limited edition and epic edition from best buy, do i get 2 baird codes? so far i only got one.[/QUOTE]

Does this code come via email?

Should I be worried that my copy is still in transit from amazon? That is the only update I got on it. For NHL 12 around 6 am it was already in my area

[quote name='apokalypse']still no kantus code for me yet :( . Come on Amazon. (Although I did get my $20 credit already)[/QUOTE]

I'm in the opposite situation

Attended midnight release in Appleton Wisconsin (East). Had about 2 dozen or so folks show up, and received a free gears bag. Waited about 10 minutes in line before I was able to purchase and walk out. Played the game for an hour, and went to bed...glad I took the day off of work -- today will be a good day.

Does anyone know if Walmart is offering a random $20 gift card in stores with the purchase like they did with Halo Reach last year

Yay!

Went to bed around midnight worrying because my GOW3 hadn't shipped yet but I now see that that it was shipped out at 4:22am in Louisville, KY and now out for delivery here in ATL.
Plus, my $20 credit & Savage Kantus code is in my inbox.

:whee:

[quote name='ndheah']Attended midnight release in Appleton Wisconsin (East). Had about 2 dozen or so folks show up, and received a free gears bag. Waited about 10 minutes in line before I was able to purchase and walk out. Played the game for an hour, and went to bed...glad I took the day off of work -- today will be a good day.[/QUOTE]

weird, I too was at this same BB at midnight, but I took the shirt; even though I was already wearing one and have the one I got with the first Gears.

So whats the deal with the BB preorder DLC codes? I still havent gotten mine yet, my pickup was about the same as everyone elses, got there around midnight, return preorder got 5$ giftcard, waited 40 mins for about 30 people to check out, took forever. I did get a beanie, shirt and lanyard. Still waiting on my code.....my points showed up in my reward zone but /sigh my game hasnt shown up on the chart for the 5/100 yet, I am losing faith in this BB system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back