Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pre-ordered at BB for Gears 3 standard, but have not picked up yet. Do BB still email out the code to me?

I wouldn't mind throwing BB $5 for the pre-order code, but wonder if I actually have to pick it up to get the code.

[quote name='apokalypse']still no kantus code for me yet :( . Come on Amazon. (Although I did get my $20 credit already)[/QUOTE]

I'm in the opposite boat, code but no credit. Don't even know what I want to use it on anyway so no rush I guess.. At least I already sold the code and have that taken care of.

Hopefully the guys bring back game night and we can all play some together.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']how does you guys know when you have the $20 credit? Do they email you? I got the code for Kantus, it showed up in my spam box.[/QUOTE]

I got seperate emails for both

I haven't picked up my pre-order from Best Buy yet, but I did receive the code via email. The email doesn't say what the code is for (Download your Gears of War 3 content). Can someone remind me what the Best Buy pre-order code was for? Does it add anything to the gameplay? Does it fetch anything on Ebay so I could reduce the cost of the game? Thanks, sorry for all the questions!

[quote name='cheapfrag']I haven't picked up my pre-order from Best Buy yet, but I did receive the code via email. The email doesn't say what the code is for (Download your Gears of War 3 content). Can someone remind me what the Best Buy pre-order code was for? Does it add anything to the gameplay? Does it fetch anything on Ebay so I could reduce the cost of the game? Thanks, sorry for all the questions![/QUOTE]
The BB preorder bonus was for a MP Mechanic Baird skin.

[quote name='leesiulung']I pre-ordered at BB for Gears 3 standard, but have not picked up yet. Do BB still email out the code to me?

I wouldn't mind throwing BB $5 for the pre-order code, but wonder if I actually have to pick it up to get the code.[/QUOTE]

The code shows up in an e-mail. And, if you kept your receipt, just wait 10 days and get your $5 back.

[quote name='crunchewy']I got both the Kantus code and the credit. Now, should I sell the Kantus code on ebay?[/QUOTE]

This is what I'm debating, although ideally I'm hoping to trade it for a savage grenadier :)

Man some people are fucking stupid. Go and watch that video about the gears launch on the dashboard. The 1st person in line was there since 9/12. Jesus Christ I would never do that for a disc in a box.

[quote name='crunchewy']I got both the Kantus code and the credit. Now, should I sell the Kantus code on ebay?[/QUOTE]
Yes, you should. You could probably get $20 BIN on it. I stupidly just redeemed it and didn't even think of selling it...missed opportunity on my part.

[quote name='shajek']The code shows up in an e-mail. And, if you kept your receipt, just wait 10 days and get your $5 back.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! So I don't have to pick it up. I'm assuming you walk into the store in 10-days and ask for a refund on the pre-order credit?

I paid $5 cash if it matters.

I got both also. I decided to Ebay the code. I have never done that before but even if someone gives me $15 for it then I consider that a huge win. Some people are paying crazy money for them. I like Gears but I could care less what my MP skin was really. I was conflicted though since I hate how MS is charging so much for the gun skins.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I was conflicted though since I hate how MS is charging so much for the gun skins.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's not Microsoft setting those prices...

[quote name='Ronin317']Yeah, it's not Microsoft setting those prices...[/QUOTE]

Considering they are the publishers I am going to disagree.

I got my BB code emailed to me today, too. Haven't picked up the game yet, though. Are any of the other stores selling the game with codes in the package or free swag on day one (today)? If so, I'll just not pick up my preorder from Best Buy and get it somewhere else.

Anyone want to trade one of their locust character codes for a commando Dom one? I'm going to be Cole anytime I get to be COGS anyways. send me a PM if you're interested.

[quote name='NeuralFizz']Can someone link me Ebay's policy against emailing codes? Been on ebay.com but can't find it.[/QUOTE]
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/downloadable.html

Look at the bottom of the "Not allowed" section. It says: "Examples of digitally delivered goods that can't be advertised on eBay: Online gaming accounts or artifacts such as characters, currency, or other items in any format"

This is why you never state that you'll email the code. You either send the card or write it on paper or on a rock if you please, but mail something physical. I personally just take my chances most of the time. If someone seems even slightly shady though I physically mail something. If someone has a couple hundred 100% positive feedback though I'll email and ask if they just want a code emailed or shipped or both. I'll go ahead and email it if they want in those cases even though I'm not at all protected.

[quote name='NeuralFizz']Can someone link me Ebay's policy against emailing codes? Been on ebay.com but can't find it.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I do not have a link. As a rule, it is best to write in your description you will physically mail the code (do this also) but that you can make arrangements to email the code immediately.

I listed mine under video games>Memorabilia

Between my family members and I, we have 4 pre-ordered and paid for Gears of War 3 orders from BB, and none of us have received our DLC codes...quite frustrating. They are saying over on the BB Community Forums that they are still mailing some out, but it's hard to believe that 0 out of 4 for me have gotten the code.

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']Has anybody bought Gears at Kmart in store? If so, did you get the $20 gift card? Or is that just an online exclusive?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just got back from kmart and I got my $20 gaming coupon with the purchase

[quote name='xBabax']Yeah I just got back from kmart and I got my $20 gaming coupon with the purchase[/QUOTE]

Was that with the preorder, or without?

[quote name='Vader582']The BB preorder bonus was for a MP Mechanic Baird skin.[/QUOTE]

I received an email with the BB pre-order code... how come some people on ebay have cards with the Baird codes?

[quote name='sgaldis']Between my family members and I, we have 4 pre-ordered and paid for Gears of War 3 orders from BB, and none of us have received our DLC codes...quite frustrating. They are saying over on the BB Community Forums that they are still mailing some out, but it's hard to believe that 0 out of 4 for me have gotten the code.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I have no code yet after picking it up at midnight. Never got a Madden code either and got ignored by customer service. I guess it is time to go step up my bitching on the BB forums, but it sounds like that might not work either...

Question about Best Buy's preorder 5/get $100: I preordered a second copy of the game from Best Buy (my local best buy did not have midnight launch, so got my epic edition from gamestop last night) When I went to best buy at opening this morning, there were 2 of us waiting to pick up Gears 3. The cashiers at customer service had no idea how to process a preorder pick up, and after 15 mins of screwing around with it, they call a manager over who refunds the $5, then sells the game straight out. Now before I left, I looked at my reward zone page online, and saw the gears 3 preorder as part of the 5/$100 deal, when I get home I see it has disappeared. Did they screw me out of that preorder for that deal? I questioned the manager about that very thing when he refunded the $5 preorder, but he said, we scan your card so you should be fine. (didn't sound very convincing)
I went ahead and filled out the 'bestbuycares' survey online and expressed my displeasure with the process. I checked off the 'contact me' option, so maybe they can resolve this issue. I really feel they need to streamline this preorder process if they want to win any preorder business away from Gamestop (at least here in my area...)

Gamestop finally shipped my Retro Lancer that had been "Backordered" for like 2 months, even though I preordered in May when it was first announced. It took a few emails to see what the hold up was, but I was assured I would get one and I did, so there's that. It arrives Thursday.

My Epic Edition from Amazon arrives today. Looking forward to it.

All right waiting for my game. Going to sell Savage Kantus on Ebay. Should I sell it now or wait awhile? used my 20$ credit and bought Skyrim which when shipped will give me another 10$ credit.

Why you asking us? Do whatever you want... I'm using mine. :)

bah, at the BB midnight my store only had the t-shirts and drawstring bags to give away - the other BB had beanies and the keychains...I wanted one of those 360 controller keychains! I might be down to trade my Gears backpack/drawstring bag for the keychain..already have my Baird DLC on ebay, no bids yet..

[quote name='nuuuuj']Got both the Savage Kantus code and my $20 credit from Amazon. Game is on the UPS truck and out for today's deliveries. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Ditto... can't wait to play tonight! Amazon really on the ball with the promo credits and Savage Kantus codes too

I have been on and off holding with GS customer service for about 30 minutes now, trying to figure out what the hell is going on with my Retro Lancer Bundle. I ordered the $140 bundle on 9/8 ($100 for the lancer, then a $20 discount on the vanilla version of the game). Well, my order status has been f'ed up online ever since I placed the order, so I can't really check on the progress, or the details of the order. Well, yesterday I get an e-mail stating that my game has shipped (not the lancer), and they have charged me FULL fucking price! Just got done talking to a CSR, and he told me that the Lancer was basically backordered (had to call in to find this out, they couldn't be troubled with an e-mail), and was told I would basically have to wait. In addition, I paid for the upgraded 3-day shipping, so I am pretty much screwed on that, as well (he made no offer to refund it).

So, Gears 3 launch for me has so far been nothing but a huge shit storm. In summary:

-Including myself, friends and family, we have 4 preordered and fully paid games from BB, and none of us has received their DLC codes.
-In addition, one of the orders was placed online, and they have now received the Backordered notification for the Limited Edition.
-Had GS.com pull the old bait and switch on me...Sold me a bundle with a package discount, and now they are only sending me the crappy, undesirable portion of the bundle, at full price, no less.

What a shit couple of days!

[quote name='sgaldis']I have been on and off holding with GS customer service for about 30 minutes now, trying to figure out what the hell is going on with my Retro Lancer Bundle. I ordered the $140 bundle on 9/8 ($100 for the lancer, then a $20 discount on the vanilla version of the game). Well, my order status has been f'ed up online ever since I placed the order, so I can't really check on the progress, or the details of the order. Well, yesterday I get an e-mail stating that my game has shipped (not the lancer), and they have charged me FULL fucking price! Just got done talking to a CSR, and he told me that the Lancer was basically backordered (had to call in to find this out, they couldn't be troubled with an e-mail), and was told I would basically have to wait. In addition, I paid for the upgraded 3-day shipping, so I am pretty much screwed on that, as well (he made no offer to refund it).

So, Gears 3 launch for me has so far been nothing but a huge shit storm. In summary:

-Including myself, friends and family, we have 4 preordered and fully paid games from BB, and none of us has received their DLC codes.
-In addition, one of the orders was placed online, and they have now received the Backordered notification for the Limited Edition.
-Had GS.com pull the old bait and switch on me...Sold me a bundle with a package discount, and now they are only sending me the crappy, undesirable portion of the bundle, at full price, no less.

What a shit couple of days![/QUOTE]
The moral of the story stop buying from gamestop.

[quote name='sgaldis']I have been on and off holding with GS customer service for about 30 minutes now, trying to figure out what the hell is going on with my Retro Lancer Bundle. I ordered the $140 bundle on 9/8 ($100 for the lancer, then a $20 discount on the vanilla version of the game). Well, my order status has been f'ed up online ever since I placed the order, so I can't really check on the progress, or the details of the order. Well, yesterday I get an e-mail stating that my game has shipped (not the lancer), and they have charged me FULL fucking price! Just got done talking to a CSR, and he told me that the Lancer was basically backordered (had to call in to find this out, they couldn't be troubled with an e-mail), and was told I would basically have to wait. In addition, I paid for the upgraded 3-day shipping, so I am pretty much screwed on that, as well (he made no offer to refund it).

What a shit couple of days![/QUOTE]

Damn that sucks. Wait you rather have some stupid toy gun then the actual game? Anyways FINALLY got my $20 now I just have to find something to do for the next 4-5 hours, until my game arrives.

I preordered from BBY IN-STORE, picked up game at midnight launch, no Mechanic Baird code. Is it supposed to be emailed? Has anyone gotten the email from BBY if they preordered IN-STORE (not on BBY.com) yet??

[quote name='Lordd_G']I preordered from BBY IN-STORE, picked up game at midnight launch, no Mechanic Baird code. Is it supposed to be emailed? Has anyone gotten the email from BBY if they preordered IN-STORE (not on BBY.com) yet??[/QUOTE]
Me. Got the email last night around 9

[quote name='wolve']BTW, anyone see the season pass on XBL? Just curious what the description says.[/QUOTE]

Here is the link and description

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...son-Pass/b38b82ce-1dc6-4028-a69b-514babca6db0

Are you ready for even more Gears of War 3 content? The Gears 3 Season Pass is your ticket to brand new Campaign, Horde, Beast, and multiplayer content, including new playable characters. The Season Pass serves as your pre-order (at a 33% discount!) of four downloadable content packages that you will receive every quarter, starting in November. Season Pass purchasers also immediately receive the exclusive Liquid Metal animated weapon skin to show you’re ready for all the good things to come!

[quote name='kouleefoh']Me. Got the email last night around 9[/QUOTE]
got my code around 11:54pm

[quote name='bob_793']The moral of the story stop buying from gamestop.[/QUOTE]

I don't buy from Gamestop either. But I wanted the Retro Lancer and was forced to use them. I too, had problems with my Lancer order, but after several emails and week late, it did finally ship.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Damn that sucks. Wait you rather have some stupid toy gun then the actual game? Anyways FINALLY got my $20 now I just have to find something to do for the next 4-5 hours, until my game arrives.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure which is worse... getting pissed over the lancer gun, or whining over preorder bonuses (which are lame in general IMO).

I'm mostly past the whole collector's mentality thing. I buy games to play them. That's it. I'm not falling for all the marketing BS, which is ridiculous these days.

[quote name='wolve']I'm not sure which is worse... getting pissed over the lancer gun, or whining over preorder bonuses (which are lame in general IMO).

.[/QUOTE]
He was promised something and they didn't deliver, of course he's going to be pissed, regardless of the item. But in this case, it was the decision making factor for him

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back