Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Haggar']I don't buy from Gamestop either. But I wanted the Retro Lancer and was forced to use them. I too, had problems with my Lancer order, but after several emails and week late, it did finally ship.[/QUOTE]
well that's very nice that you got something. I can't even check my order online! says that the server is down! I haven't been charged for my order yet. and I called and they said that they would go ahead and charge me and get it shipped still haven't seen anything or gotten an email from anyone. Anyone here have an email address of someone@gamestop that can help?

[quote name='harish7447']Any update on the freaking Grenadier? Has anyone got it yet :roll:[/QUOTE]

I got mine, its on a card that walmart ships with the game.(it not inside the case)

[quote name='Darkhate']Here is the link and description

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...son-Pass/b38b82ce-1dc6-4028-a69b-514babca6db0

Are you ready for even more Gears of War 3 content? The Gears 3 Season Pass is your ticket to brand new Campaign, Horde, Beast, and multiplayer content, including new playable characters. The Season Pass serves as your pre-order (at a 33% discount!) of four downloadable content packages that you will receive every quarter, starting in November. Season Pass purchasers also immediately receive the exclusive Liquid Metal animated weapon skin to show you’re ready for all the good things to come!

got my code around 11:54pm[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Still very much on the fence about this since not sure I'll actually want all the content. I usually don't play Gears multiplayer, but I did enjoy the beta for the 3rd game. Think I'll play things by ear. If I end up playing Gears 3 MP a lot over the next couple weeks, then I might nab the season pass.

[quote name='kouleefoh']He was promised something and they didn't deliver, of course he's going to be pissed, regardless of the item. But in this case, it was the decision making factor for him[/QUOTE]

Point taken. I still stand by what I said about DLC preorder bonuses being lame. :p

[quote name='Darkhate']I got mine, its on a card that walmart ships with the game.(it not inside the case)[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much. Appreciate it. My game has not shipped yet :mad:

Sold my Mechanic Baird DLC for $20 on Ebay within 20 minutes. Hoping my Savage Kantus goes as fast. People are crazy on there I see some DLC going for almost $40.

Has anyone purchased Gears of War 3 from Toys R Us with the free 2-pack action figures deal? If so how does it ring on the receipt? You can PM me with the response.

[quote name='harish7447']Thanks so much. Appreciate it. My game has not shipped yet :mad:[/QUOTE]

I was yesterday when I found out I could have had the game in my hands, but they had placed a sticker on it, that said deliver on 9/20/2011 street date :cold:

[quote name='blazenumb1']Sold my Mechanic Baird DLC for $20 on Ebay within 20 minutes. Hoping my Savage Kantus goes as fast. People are crazy on there I see some DLC going for almost $40.[/QUOTE]

I should have done a buy it now option. I went with a 24 hr auction.

The amount of money people pay for these skins is ridiculous. I want Mechanic Baird badly (friend of mine didn't/hasn't yet gotten a code from Best Buy - was going to give it to me), but hell if I'm paying anything near what it's going for on eBay. Guess I'll wait it out till Epic releases them as DLC.

I sold my Baird DLC for $25 - buy it now option!
there are a LOT of them up on ebay now, flooded!

I put my shirt and drawstring bag on craigslist. If that sells for $20 I will net $25 from this game since I had friends who gave me some old games to trade in for free..right now I have netted $5, so I'm quite pleased!

[quote name='Burning Karma']The amount of money people pay for these skins is ridiculous. I want Mechanic Baird badly (friend of mine didn't/hasn't yet gotten a code from Best Buy - was going to give it to me), but hell if I'm paying anything near what it's going for on eBay. Guess I'll wait it out till Epic releases them as DLC.[/QUOTE]

Normally I just use my DLC but I checked Ebay this morning to see and I just cannot pass on getting $15-20 back on my GOW3 that I paid $51 (in credit), and got back $20 for. It could essentially only cost me $10 to buy the game. I am not sure why some people are paying it...why not order from the place that has it, unless they are looking to get all of them.

I preordered from BB's site, so I didn't have to put down 5 bucks. Can I just NOT pick it up and not be charged anything? I already got my code emailed to me.
I think I'd rather just go over to TRU and get a couple of free figures.

Amazon didn't ship my copy until 9pm last night :( I had release-date delivery. It doesn't look like it'll be out for delivery today.. it's still 2 hours away from the local UPS center.

First bad experience with Amazon :( Oh well. I did get the $20 credit today.. no pre-order skin though.

Did anybody buy from walmart and get the savage grenadier code with or without pre-order? I'm wondering if in store it's possible to just get the code seperately B&M or is it packed inside the box?

I'm willing to trade my savage kantus code straight up for savage grenadier. I haven't received my best buy mechanic baird one yet but when I receive it be willing to trade that straight up for a commando dom as well.

[I noticed my previous pre-order bonus from best buy which was resistance 3, I didn't receive until wednesday. So a few got theirs already but mostly not, if not received tomorrow then will have to make waves with customer disservice.]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cheapgamerone']Did anybody buy from walmart and get the savage grenadier code with or without pre-order? I'm wondering if in store it's possible to just get the code seperately B&M or is it packed inside the box? I'm willing to trade my savage kantus code straight up for one.[/QUOTE]

The stores don't carry the codes from what I know. I was first in line last night at a Wal Mart and they had no codes. I'm going to check other stores tho.

[quote name='Katsumi87']Amazon didn't ship my copy until 9pm last night :( I had release-date delivery. It doesn't look like it'll be out for delivery today.. it's still 2 hours away from the local UPS center.

First bad experience with Amazon :( Oh well. I did get the $20 credit today.. no pre-order skin though.[/QUOTE]

Not sure where you live but I just got my game and they shipped it out at 11 PM last night. It was coming to ATL from Kentucky though. Just checked and I received it at my door at 11:19 am. Same as you though I have received the $20 credit but no skin. I wonder if the skin went to the spam folder by mistate? I might have to call up Amazon about this.

Hey if anyone wants to add me to their friend list it would be greatly appreciated as I don't normally play on my XBOX and have no friends there. I'm more of a Uncharted man but I had fun playing the Gears Beta so wouldn't mine to add some friends there. My ID is djbountykilla.

[quote name='Stark Rhavyn']I preordered from BB's site, so I didn't have to put down 5 bucks. Can I just NOT pick it up and not be charged anything? I already got my code emailed to me.
I think I'd rather just go over to TRU and get a couple of free figures.[/QUOTE]
so you didn't have to put $5 down AND you got the code? Not sure if you will be charged or not if you dont pick up the game, doubt you will.
So you got a free code? If you ebay it thats $20 free dollars...guess in the future if I use amazon to buy a game ill preorder off BB just to get the Code, especially since you don't have to put down the $5

I got my savage grenadier elite card in my walmart delivery. Problem is i want to sell it and i dont have an envelope big enough to fit it in, and i really didnt want to buy envelopes just to send this card. Any ideas?

[quote name='The 7th Number']I got my savage grenadier elite card in my walmart delivery. Problem is i want to sell it and i dont have an envelope big enough to fit it in, and i really didnt want to buy envelopes just to send this card. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]
If its a code it will fit in an email. And if your selling it online, the buyer probably has access to that.
You should only mail it if the buyer asks you to.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I got both also. I decided to Ebay the code. I have never done that before but even if someone gives me $15 for it then I consider that a huge win. Some people are paying crazy money for them. I like Gears but I could care less what my MP skin was really. I was conflicted though since I hate how MS is charging so much for the gun skins.[/QUOTE]

I sold the Savage Kantus code for a buy it now price of 15 bucks 3 minutes after the auction went live. You could probably list it for 20 or 25 and sell easily

[quote name='iamdl']I sold the Savage Kantus code for a buy it now price of 15 bucks 3 minutes after the auction went live. You could probably list it for 20 or 25 and sell easily[/QUOTE]

Yeah I messed that up. I made an auction w/o a buy it now and it won't let me end the auction (no bids) nor will it let me add a buy it now. I guess I will just have to wait 24 h.

there are almost 500 kantus skins on ebay, 175 buy it now, 302 auction.... LOL A lot of buy it nows cheap as 13 dollars.

Only 30 total Grenadier elite codes.... lol nice.

about 26 adam fenix + infected omen skins....

well hopefully ill get a nice loot for 2 of these 3.

I preordered from Bestbuy and picked it up moments ago but still no damn code!!

Only bright side is that as I was leaving the security guy asked if I bought gears and then gave me the beanie, key chain, and comic from last nights midnight opening.

[quote name='The 7th Number']there are almost 500 kantus skins on ebay, 175 buy it now, 302 auction.... LOL A lot of buy it nows cheap as 13 dollars.

Only 30 total Grenadier elite codes.... lol nice.

about 26 adam fenix + infected omen skins....

well hopefully ill get a nice loot for 2 of these 3.[/QUOTE]

Makese sense since Amazon already e-mailed a ton of Kantus codes. People don't preorder from the other online stores as much as Amazon I bet, or have to go to b&m locations to get the other codes.

[quote name='3rdbass']Not sure where you live but I just got my game and they shipped it out at 11 PM last night. It was coming to ATL from Kentucky though. Just checked and I received it at my door at 11:19 am. Same as you though I have received the $20 credit but no skin. [/QUOTE]

UPS updated the delivery date to tomorrow :( Darn it. First bad experience with Amazon and it has to be for this game. It went from AZ to MI, got to my delivery center at 1:20pm. Left AZ at 9pm with next day air. Oh well...

[quote name='Cry Havoc']UPS tracking for my Amazon order says it was delayed because of a late plane. Delivery date is now tomorrow. I am not pleased.[/QUOTE]

Had that happen to me once. If you contact customer service and ask nicely about the issue, they may offer a credit.

[quote name='shimz']so you didn't have to put $5 down AND you got the code? Not sure if you will be charged or not if you dont pick up the game, doubt you will.
So you got a free code? If you ebay it thats $20 free dollars...guess in the future if I use amazon to buy a game ill preorder off BB just to get the Code, especially since you don't have to put down the $5[/QUOTE]

Not only that, but I didn't put a preorder down till Sunday and still got the code.
Also, I can confirm, because I just did this, that action figure two pack is free with the game at TRU. You just have get it off the shelf or ask someone to find it.
I'm thinking about going to BB and picking up the game anyway and then returning it, just for the chance for that free swag.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I got my savage grenadier elite card in my walmart delivery. Problem is i want to sell it and i dont have an envelope big enough to fit it in, and i really didnt want to buy envelopes just to send this card. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Really???? You don't want to spend freaking 50c for making $20-30 in profit :bs: :puke:

Anyone get a walmart preorder skin code yet? I got the credit instantly but waiting on skin code to give to my eBay buyer. $24 after fees lol.

Double dipped and got the same for amazon copy...

NO hats at walmart I grabbed a copy there on way home from work last night bout 20 people in line.. Will return a copy tmrw for refund. :)

Edit: WM card is physical card eh? Ok good times thnx.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Damn that Savage Grenadier Elite will probably end up going for a lot if the only way to get it was through preorder at Walmart.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the walmart code is INSIDE the game. The only way to get a code is to open a copy (and sell the game as used). Perhaps those copies might have a different UPC, so trading to Amazon could be a problem.

[quote name='Tallkido']should i get gow 3 at bestbuy or toysrus ?[/QUOTE]

TRU. A for-sure $30 value on some cool, free, action figures is better than just a small chance of either a shirt that's gonna be too small or dumb beanie or keychain.

I guess next time some DLC is going to go for big bucks the key is to list it before you get the code I guess. Seems like the earlier people will make out better.

[quote name='eau']Yeah, the walmart code is INSIDE the game. The only way to get a code is to open a copy (and sell the game as used). Perhaps those copies might have a different UPC, so trading to Amazon could be a problem.[/QUOTE]

Uh?? You sure about it being inside the case? because someone said it wasnt a few posts earlier.

[quote name='Darkhate']I got mine, its on a card that walmart ships with the game.(it not inside the case)[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back