Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

[quote name='Pirate331']Friday night should be ok for me. Jdawgg said it would work for him too.[/QUOTE]
I should be on after 8PM EST tomorrow, if that's when you two are on.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']not sure if you or anyone is still up for doing Gears 2 stuff but still need a few achievements mainly get to 100 (im at 79) then a couple of Horde ones Am I only Dreaming? (wave 40 on Memorial) and Blood on the Sand (wave 50 on Nowhere)[/QUOTE]
I actually liked those maps for Horde, but I'd play regardless. Maybe want to try for next weekend just to see if other people join up? I'd hope people still have copies of that game so that there would be more than 2 of us.

How much is it for all maps?

I'm looking to do 4 player coop campaign on insane.

Tried out the 3D the other day. Nice depth effect. Was a little harder to see where my assault rifle bullets were going, yet I seemed to down people faster than normal.

I don't think I'll ever get the onyx medals achievement. Even playing offline against bots, would take 400+ hours.

Sorry guys. I had car trouble getting home last night and had to limp it in to get fixed in rush hour. By the time I got home it pushed back everything else I had to do and eventually I just got online to watch Parks & Rec with the wife and fell asleep. I'll be on tonight and Sunday.

No worries. I've got you and Ebbtide on my friends list, plus one of my friends will play so we've got 4 for sure if everyone is on at the same time. And assuming XBL is working tonight...

So we're all on the same page, here's what I want to get done, eventually, specifically:

Onyx medal for finishing insane best w/o failing
Now they begin to understand (20g): complete all 12 beast waves on all the fenix rising maps
Defend the past (25g): complete all 50 waves of horde on any of the fenix rising maps
Unstoppable force (25g): complete all 50 waves of horde on any of the forces of nature maps

Open to helping with anything anyone else needs/wants too, naturally.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I should be on after 8PM EST tomorrow, if that's when you two are on.

I actually liked those maps for Horde, but I'd play regardless. Maybe want to try for next weekend just to see if other people join up? I'd hope people still have copies of that game so that there would be more than 2 of us.[/QUOTE]

yeah would be best if we could get at least 1 more person, we can do it on casual to make it go faster but even then in the later waves enemies do get tougher, I will be available all week after around 4-5pm pacific

Just so that it's clear, Dark Lord Greg was talking about playing Gears of War 2 Horde, for those interested.

I'm still willing to play 3 if you guys are on. But I'll also play Gears of War 2 Horde if people are looking to play it.

[quote name='Pirate331']Should be available Friday evening through the weekend.[/QUOTE]
If you see me on and just want to run through Casual Beast or Horde on the new maps, or want me to buy you the Silverback Upgrades so you can get those rocket kills with it, send me a message. I also saw you need the 4-Player Co-op achievements. If you want to run through the Campaign or Raam's Shadow I'd play.

Unless I'm playing with other people, if you see me on, just ask and I'll play. No need for a schedule. Same goes for Jdawgg.

As for Insane Horde and Beast, I'm always willing to play. We'll just need a crew.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']yeah would be best if we could get at least 1 more person, we can do it on casual to make it go faster but even then in the later waves enemies do get tougher, I will be available all week after around 4-5pm pacific[/QUOTE]
Seems like no one else is interested, but I'll still play. If we jump into public Horde games we should eventually find Memorial and Nowhere. At least then we might get a team of 5 with randoms.

Also, not sure if you know this, but over at the Gears site they have a forum thread where people can request help with Gears of War Achievements. I helped out a few people (uncredited) with 2 and 3. If you ask for help there, you should be able to get a few helpers.

Gears of War 2 Helpers

Gears of War 3 Helpers

Just another option if you can't find help here.

I don't know if it's always the case but last Friday I played my final GoW: J match and I noticed that the online community for Gears 3 was even bigger than Judgment.

At this point, Overrun is the best part of Judgment but it's not a mode I can play for very long. For Gears 3, I remember spending hours on end during my weekends playing online. I could go 3 hours straight and wanting more of Gears 3. I couldn't get enough of it. After an hour on Judgment, I'll grow tired of it and not want to play it for days. They ruined TDM for me. Unlimited respawns doesn't force the bad players to get better. They'll just keep playing the same way and never adapt. At least in Gears 3, you could watch how others play and it would force you to watch how others would play. Judgment just feels like a lazy game for me. It doesn't feel like it has the depth that Gears 3 had.

It might just be my luck but I notice that the GoW: J community is pretty good about not doing that stupid dance move after every frag. Gears 3 players are getting out of hand with that shit. It's not funny and it only irks a lot of gamers out there. I'll try to chainsaw those type of players around corners and do the dance back to them. But it's so dumb when guys do it only to put themselves out of position to get killed 10 seconds later. Fricking idiots.

I played 3 last night with a few CAGs and we talked about how Judgment doesn't loan itself to long play. I can play it, but only in brief periods, and I always have to change the type. Campaign, to Survival, to Overrun, and then I'm bored. When I played with GuitarMan it was fine, but it was because he actually talked and we worked together in Survival and Overrun. I've had a few games where people worked well, cooperated, said important things, but it's too infrequent, and most times it just is 'bad' players ruining the game, like you said.

I'm surprised how quick the community seems to have left the game. I assume it'll jump back tomorrow, if only briefly, to test out the new maps, but that alone can't be enough to hold a community.

I get your point. I know it sounds elitist, but I liked it better when the game was much more punishing in its setup. Even 2 and 3 got easier on people with respawns and setups. I think there was an appreciation for the game because if you were bad at it, you usually didn't play it for too long. Now, with quick respawns, no limits on lives, and game modes that focus on quick kills, there isn't a reason to get 'better.' It kills the fan appreciation, as it's not the game they want to play, and does little to keep the new and/or bad players, as they seem to suck at most games, and will eventually jump to the next popular game title.

Being distinct, while limiting, does keep people playing your game. Being like other high selling games makes you just like them. And while that may help your initial sales, it kills longevity, and ultimately will make people move away from your series, as it's not like what attracted them to it initially.

I say this and mean it, but I do hope that the next Halo and Gears of War have truly abysmal sales resulting from their previous games. Their motions to butcher titles to make them like other games killed what made that game distinct. Halo had you move slowly and have the same loadouts to keep it competitive. Gears of War made you play with one life so that you played tactically, and didn't just run in, die, respawn, repeat.

I have no problem with Call of Duty, but literally importing that game series into other titles that used to compete with it for numbers won't make people play those games. If anything, it'd make players more interested in playing Call of Duty, since these studios are trying to copy it, and so it must be doing things correctly.

All my stats, medals, etc, got reset today. I didn't even "rage quit" or get dissonected from my last session. Hell, it was a level 1-50 Insane Horde mode completion. Went to epic's page and It's directing me to contact MS support who were no help in forums. Told me I had to call them. Not sure if that will help but I suppose I can later.

For the record I had separate saves on the cloud and local storage but neither seemed to work. I also recovered my profile and nada.

I heard this also occurs in Gears 2 and Judgement, but this is the first time It's happened to me or my friends.

Happened to me in Gears 2 recently. Rank was reset, as well as some progress in the war journal.

In my case, I had been playing offline with a cleared cache. The reset triggered after I went online and got the final title update. Sucks.

After looking into it, turns out that the problem is not terribly uncommon (for Gears 2).

[quote name='Monsta Mack']All my stats, medals, etc, got reset today. I didn't even "rage quit" or get dissonected from my last session. Hell, it was a level 1-50 Insane Horde mode completion. Went to epic's page and It's directing me to contact MS support who were no help in forums. Told me I had to call them. Not sure if that will help but I suppose I can later.

For the record I had separate saves on the cloud and local storage but neither seemed to work. I also recovered my profile and nada.

I heard this also occurs in Gears 2 and Judgement, but this is the first time It's happened to me or my friends.[/QUOTE]
By any chance, did you maybe play Gears of War 3 at a friends house, or on someone elses console (recently)? If you recovered your gamertag and created a save file, you would at least be able to recover some of your progress by trying to get the game save data off of their system.

Not that it helps now, but if it happens to anyone else and you have 2 or more backups (I save to the Cloud, Hard Drive and Flash Drive, alternating with each login), you should dashboard to get out of the game and delete the corrupted file, copying the good save over to it. There's a file size difference in bad files. I'm not sure of the exact difference, but the corrupted file is smaller than the regular size, so there's a way to know.

If you need help getting back in Gears 3, people are still playing it on here, so you can find people to play with.

I tweeted a couple of the developers that was recommended by a long xbox support conversation, otherwise it seems I'm SOL.

Surprised it still happens in Judgement as well though.

Oh well. Still put in over 400 hours into Gears of War 3 and had a lot of fun in the process.

Does anyone still play this? Im still sitting on an adam fenix code with infected omen weapon skins. Looking to trade or sell it. Im too lazy to try to sell it on ebay.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd still like to get to level 100 :D one of these days (currently on 83). Is the 10x XP boost still going on?

Already have the Infected Omen skins...

bread's done
Back