Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

[quote name='DJP519']Does anyone know, is the 10x XP continuing all week, or was that just a weekend promo?[/QUOTE]
From what I saw one the forums page it is still going on. I'd almost expect it to increase each weekend as Judgment comes closer.

Kinda off topic but I finished the Gears 2 MP Achievements up last night. I'm currently at 10,900 out of "10,000" for the first seriously and haven't unlocked it yet.... :bomb:

More boosting for me as I want that achievement done so I can focus on Tomb Raider and starting to mop up Gears 3 achievements. :razz:

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Kinda off topic but I finished the Gears 2 MP Achievements up last night. I'm currently at 10,900 out of "10,000" for the first seriously and haven't unlocked it yet.... :bomb:

More boosting for me as I want that achievement done so I can focus on Tomb Raider and starting to mop up Gears 3 achievements. :razz:[/QUOTE]

One of the great unknowns for achievement whores, "how many kills will I need for Seriously to unlock"!

When we did the achievement people in our group got it between 11,000 and 14,000 kills. I think mine took just over 13,000. Anytime a game ends with you north of 10k kills it feels like a punch to the gut when the achievement doesn't unlock. Just keep at it and you will get it eventually.

It is funny that Epic/Microsoft never came clean with what the issue was with the achievement, and at this point you know we will never find out. One thing I do remember that might be helpful or not was that the guy who took the longest to get the achievement was always host. The first game he had someone else host he got the achievement, so try switching hosts. Might have been unrelated but it is worth a try. Good luck!

fucking achievement unlocked at 11,992 :wall: At least it is done. Now time to co-op the campaign for the base them some shitty grinding on the DLC for the completion :D

i literally have like 3 kills into seriously 1.0. Is there a stat you can check in the game that shows you how many you killed online? All the Gears 1 achievements i need are online MP based.

[quote name='The 7th Number']i literally have like 3 kills into seriously 1.0. Is there a stat you can check in the game that shows you how many you killed online? All the Gears 1 achievements i need are online MP based.[/QUOTE]

Yeah there is a leaderboard in the online menu. Just filter it to Warzone, and choose either find me or me and you can even filter it to kills via month, week, or all-time. It will list kills and a few other stats. I say Warzone because you will pretty much be playing just that since annex kills don't count.

Speaking of the leaderboard... While I was playing Tomb Raider last night before my boosting partner got on I got a message from a legit player that was all sorts of butthurt. He dropped the f bomb a few times, I got called a nub, and a few other awesome things. Him and his buddies were so full of the butthurt that they threatened to report me. :lol:

Rather than engage him, I decided to report his ass for a vulgar message then blocked communication. :cool:

Thanks. Yeah i was playing gears 3 yesterday and some little kid was talking, looking at my xbox profile, and saying he would take me 1 vs 1 easy. Funny thing is my K/D and W/L was higher than his when i checked, and i dont really care about K/D. Plus his friend was doing insane wall bouncing all over the map. But when they actually tried to use it on an enemy they got killed in one shot, then the kid was like why are they teabagging. LOL. Prob because his wallbouncing buddy got owned. I quit the match after i saw that, i dont want to play with people like that.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Thanks. Yeah i was playing gears 3 yesterday and some little kid was talking, looking at my xbox profile, and saying he would take me 1 vs 1 easy. Funny thing is my K/D and W/L was higher than his when i checked, and i dont really care about K/D. Plus his friend was doing insane wall bouncing all over the map. But when they actually tried to use it on an enemy they got killed in one shot, then the kid was like why are they teabagging. LOL. Prob because his wallbouncing buddy got owned. I quit the match after i saw that, i dont want to play with people like that.[/QUOTE]

People worry about this stuff and going 1v1 with little kids?

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']fucking achievement unlocked at 11,992 :wall: At least it is done. Now time to co-op the campaign for the base them some shitty grinding on the DLC for the completion :D[/QUOTE]

'Grats on finishing Seriously! Look at the bright side, you finished 1,000 kills quicker than I did. I still hear these nightmare stories where people have 15-20,000 kills and still hadn't got the achievement yet.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']'Grats on finishing Seriously! Look at the bright side, you finished 1,000 kills quicker than I did. I still hear these nightmare stories where people have 15-20,000 kills and still hadn't got the achievement yet.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was reading some threads on x360a. Some people hitting 18K, hell that is almost doing it twice. I would go insane if I was that far into my kills and it hadn't popped yet.

Guess I got lucky with popping mine. Now I need to finish off the first 2 Gears (lots of mop up in 1, but only idling with turbo controller left in 2) and do some homework on starting the long march towards completing Gears 3. :)

[quote name='GUNNM']Got seriously at 23k so yeah.
No boosting either that took a while.[/QUOTE]

Damn dude. Did it 2 1/3 times... Mad props to you for that. Though I bet not boosting it made the time fly by as well since I am willing to bet you enjoyed the hell out of the game.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Damn dude. Did it 2 1/3 times... Mad props to you for that. Though I bet not boosting it made the time fly by as well since I am willing to bet you enjoyed the hell out of the game.[/QUOTE]
Honestly yeah I easily had more kills in non ranked though. GOW 1 back in 06-07 was so fun so many people played it and everyone just had fun now its all about wall bouncing and stealing kills

[quote name='The 7th Number']i literally have like 3 kills into seriously 1.0. Is there a stat you can check in the game that shows you how many you killed online? All the Gears 1 achievements i need are online MP based.[/QUOTE]
I'm slightly surprised you don't actually play the first game when you have the time, as you might actually enjoy it. It doesn't have planted grenades, or variations of them, and things like the mantle kick are a non-existent issue. Then only real issues are people using glitches, which suck, and stacked teams. But if you play with others, you could probably stack your team as well (I guess it's only fair...hmm).

The third game is definitely smoother, but if you played if for a few hours each week you might unlock Seriously... over time.

Just look for Execution matches, and if other hosts have bad connections, host your own game(s). It usually takes 5-10 minutes (which is long and lame, but just have a magazine to read, or something distracting) to get an 8 player match in Warzone, but I read that Execution is more populated. Just expect at least 3 players to drop out by the 3rd round (which will usually be on your team, if you're playing with randoms against a team).

[quote name='GUNNM']Honestly yeah I easily had more kills in non ranked though. GOW 1 back in 06-07 was so fun so many people played it and everyone just had fun now its all about wall bouncing and stealing kills[/QUOTE]
While I remember fun games back then, there were definitely jackasses then, too. And definitely plenty of "kill stealers," though they more frequently were foreigners (outside the US).

Weird thing: if you try to play a match of Tyro Station in Gears of War, you'll almost definitely be playing with gamers from Mexico. I have no idea why, but it's like it's the favorite map of people from there.

All I get is dudes from mexico in GOW 3. I'm not talking about one person I mean every game every player is from mexico its pretty surreal I guess living in texas puts me in that server?

Yeah if anyone has the dlc let's go for some of the achievements like "Zeta team go" and "kill locust (like a boss)" which are very easy just need 5 people with the DLC, feel free to add me or message me on LIVE I'm on right now and will be for most of tomorrow

[quote name='Pirate331']I'm in for all that DLC stuff too, if anyone sees me online.[/QUOTE]
I just checked your achievements and saw what you need. I have 2 controllers and definitely wouldn't mind helping you out. If you, or Dark Lord Greg, have an extra controller you can do the Horde and Beast achievements with just the 3 of us, including the 5 players one, we'll just use guest accounts for the remaining two...unless others here need it. Same goes with Locust Forever and Come to Poppa.

If you two want to do this, and if there's anyone else who wants these, please just set a time. I'm on the East Coast and usually play after 7PM. If you play Horde, I'd ask you set it to Insane with 2 hard mutators and Super Reload, so that you players can get the Max XP bonus to get you closer to re-upping. The 10 XP bonus is still going, so you should be able to definitely fly through the ranks if you clean up these achievements over the next 2-3 days.

Like I said, just decide on a time and figure out who is hosting for this to get done.

yeah I do have an extra controller, I will be free tomorrow probably around the same time after 7pm eastern/4pm pacific. Just send me a message or friend request on LIVE

[quote name='dotCody']I still need Foreshadowing, anyone else?

[/QUOTE]

I've got 9/10 for Foreshadowing. So I'd like to get that one last execution done, yes.

I just got my Again! achievement for re-up a second time. Now I'm back to level one... again.

Still stuck at 29/30 events. You have no idea how much that aggravates me. They set everyone's events to 29/30 a while back, but that didn't help me a bit. It helped newcomers. It pissed me off even more. Thanks, epic. Thanks again.

I meant that I had 29/30 before they upped everyone's event counters. I feel cheated, lol, like they did this just to point and laugh in my face.

I couldn't get on Sunday but will be on all day Monday until around 10pm pacific when I'm going to go pick up Gears Judgement if anyone wants to try a few quick dlc achievements I do have an extra controller so we only need 3 more people

[quote name='jdawgg76']I'm available to do dlc or insane horde the next few hours.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about not responding to your message. I must have been AFK when you sent that and by the time I saw it, we were already done. Sorry again!

I still need several... waves 1-50 on some map or another, all beast waves on some maps... I'd play with randoms in public matches, but it seems the DLC maps almost never come up, nor are they picked when they do.

I haven't beaten beast on insane yet either... given the XP bonus, I'd be interested in doing beast and horde on insane with mutators if we got a full party going again.

[quote name='Pirate331']I still need several... waves 1-50 on some map or another, all beast waves on some maps... I'd play with randoms in public matches, but it seems the DLC maps almost never come up, nor are they picked when they do.

I haven't beaten beast on insane yet either... given the XP bonus, I'd be interested in doing beast and horde on insane with mutators if we got a full party going again.[/QUOTE]I still need those too. I can play most nights from 11pm ish est to 2 am.

[quote name='Pirate331']I'd be interested in doing beast and horde on insane with mutators if we got a full party going again.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the other night I barely earned any XP, and that was at least 3 hours of playing together.

This will work better if people just set a time and date. If I knew when people wanted to play, I'd know when to look out for people. Just say something like Friday, 9 PM EST, or something like that, so that everyone knows when to be on, instead of logging on at random times and missing each other.

[quote name='Pirate331']I'll make an effort to be on tomorrow night around 9 or 10pm CST, then probably throughout the day Saturday/Sunday.[/QUOTE]

hit me up for a Sat & Sunday run

[quote name='Pirate331']I'll make an effort to be on tomorrow night around 9 or 10pm CST, then probably throughout the day Saturday/Sunday.[/QUOTE]
If I'm on and you need a 5th for Horde or Beast, let me know.

[quote name='Pirate331']Still looking to do insane horde/beast on the 'new' maps; anyone want to make plans to get a group together?[/QUOTE]
I'll play if you need a player.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']Also, are people looking for help in Gears of War 2?[/QUOTE]

not sure if you or anyone is still up for doing Gears 2 stuff but still need a few achievements mainly get to 100 (im at 79) then a couple of Horde ones Am I only Dreaming? (wave 40 on Memorial) and Blood on the Sand (wave 50 on Nowhere)

bread's done
Back