Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

[quote name='Pirate331']I use the female skins to get Battle Mistress...Or the dreaded "character available next match" error...[/QUOTE]

agreed, this is actually a very annoying glitch/error. we get enough of Marcus in campaign already.

on a related note, since judgment's campaign is done by pepole can fly rather than the main epic team; and it's not a main numbered sequel; although it's canon. I view this follow up similar to an expansion pack that could have been treated as dlc; instead of a full priced retail game.

not impressed by epic's decision making...or treatment.

[quote name='GUNNM']Every KOTGnasher game I'm lagging so much for dedicated servers[/QUOTE]

I noticed that today. The lag was at random times and the character wraps a little after that I played a game type that only had around 200 people in my region and it was lag free but not the game type I wanted to play

You can usually tell if you try to wallbounce and its glitchy instead of smooth. But i even had a game today where people just ran straight into walls for a minute, then it said host quit and had that 2 minute delay while it gives host to someone else. I ended up backing out of that game because it was annoying. This was in the main TDM playlist too! Ive been telling myself to just let this game go, i need to retire this game forever because its more annoying than anything anymore. With all the cheap shit that people do to get kills, then the games with lag or sponging. I really should just retire this game forever and wait for Judgment. At least Judgment seems like its taking out some of the noob shit that gears 3 introduced.

Do you know why I quit playing this game?

I play Horde Mode and it's the damn quitters that make me abandon this game. Sad to say it's collecting dust in my closet. They need some kinda penalty system for quitters.

[quote name='popemogoth']Do you know why I quit playing this game?

I play Horde Mode and it's the damn quitters that make me abandon this game. Sad to say it's collecting dust in my closet. They need some kinda penalty system for quitters.[/QUOTE]
They'll never do it. It's completely logical that they should, and I, as well as other people, suggested it on their site several times, but idiots come in greater numbers and defend their need to be able to quit early with no penalty.

I still don't understand why people can join Horde games in progress in Gears of War 2, but they can't in Gears of War 3 (unless they're invited...and potentially are unable to use their preferred character skin). So many mistakes made in this game.

I say this all of the time, but if developers and game designers actually played their games, they'd understand what gamers don't like about them.

"6 months of polish!" -Cliffy B.

Gears has problems, people quitting horde early is at the bottom. People not wanting to play on a certain map and grinding that medal for establishing bases are two huge reasons it happens. Penalizing people wouldn't really matter, if they want to leave they will leave. If anything they should just change the matchmaking so you play on whatever map you want with whatever difficulty you want.

But yeah, this game is a mess. Characters are faster and harder to hit than others (with no downsides). Hit detection is shoddy as hell, bullets don't always travel in line with your aiming reticle, point blank shotgun blasts sponge, etc and this is offline. Online is a joke where host advantage determines how well you perform. Epic knows about the game shortcomings, they just don't care. They have our money from the DLC and would rather address worthless crap like weapon skins and adding useless weekly modes.

Been lurking this thread for some time now since I do not play anymore, because of this game I will not buy another game that "Cliffy B" had his hands on.

They suckered me in with the phib of having dedicated servers, my love for the series didn't make me think twice about the claim even though in the back of my mind I called bullshit.

It used to be good fun, but the things that were issues in the beginning are still issues to this day and it's sad, even the same issues from the previous games, I guess they just got better at hiding it like call of duty does.

[quote name='hustletron']
It used to be good fun, but the things that were issues in the beginning are still issues to this day and it's sad, even the same issues from the previous games, I guess they just got better at hiding it like call of duty does.[/QUOTE]

Yup, they were able to hide the bullet lag to walls in Gears 2, but you could still see the lag when you shot at enemies. Sad that they would rather camouflage it instead of actually fix it. I dont think there will ever be a gears of war game without some bad lag, dedicated servers or not. Either way i love the series and buy it mainly for the story, and just because i think its fun as hell. I just wish the MP was solid. Gears 3 seemed like a dumbed down noob friendly cash grab more than anything. Gears 2 took skill, Gears 3 not so much.

If people are still playing Gears of War 2, I re-bought a new copy a few months back and finally opened it to replay Horde. If you need help in that I wouldn't mind aiding players in Horde.

Somehow I lost 3,000 kills for Seriously 2.0, so I'm getting back to the 100,000 again.

Haha, oh my god. I think I'm going to be stuck at 29 events because I was on vacation during the time that I could have gotten the last event ribbon. FML. and F U Epic.

I'm not sure if people are still playing this and I don't know all the details but basically someone wrote a letter to epic about the war supporter medal, and when I logged in today I had 29/30 events. I only had to go play one match of one shot and I got the achievement.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I'm not sure if people are still playing this and I don't know all the details but basically someone wrote a letter to epic about the war supporter medal, and when I logged in today I had 29/30 events. I only had to go play one match of one shot and I got the achievement.[/QUOTE]

ya, they set everyone to 29/30 social events about a month ago.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I'm not sure if people are still playing this and I don't know all the details but basically someone wrote a letter to epic about the war supporter medal, and when I logged in today I had 29/30 events. I only had to go play one match of one shot and I got the achievement.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they did that because they screwed up and got lazy with events.

I still boot this up every other week or so and just play whatever mode I'm in the mood for. I'm clearly not going to Platinum all of the medals, so that makes things much less serious and much more fun. Every week I'm still surprised that there's a solid community for the game, considering how long the game has been out.

well it's gears of war. it's the other halo. all 3 games are still playable online with no problems. my only complaint is being from the south west i get to play with mostly mexicans and some of them lag. GoW is huge in mexico and south america.

anyone here interested in getting the "Zeta team, GO" achievement? Seems like none of my friends got Gears 3 DLC. We just need to do 10 waves of horde while each of us is using a member of Zeta (Barrick, Tai, Minh, Valera and Jace) and its a cool 75G

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']anyone here interested in getting the "Zeta team, GO" achievement? Seems like none of my friends got Gears 3 DLC. We just need to do 10 waves of horde while each of us is using a member of Zeta (Barrick, Tai, Minh, Valera and Jace) and its a cool 75G[/QUOTE]

I would be down but I'm going to be watching the hornets game which will end around 930pm central.

[quote name='Dthib87']I would be down but I'm going to be watching the hornets game which will end around 930pm central.[/QUOTE]

well doubt I could today since I'm working on finals but once we get a few people we can try maybe this weekend. Anyone else that is interested feel free to add me on XBL or PM me your GT

Anyone want to work on a boosting session for the "foreshadowing" or "I've got this" achievements? I've got the Zeta Team achievement, but am willing to fill in and help out.

well thats 4 people just need 1 person and we can get a few other like the Host a private Horde and a Beast mode Match with a party of 5 players on any Horde Command Pack map. I will be free starting this thursday

[quote name='Ma12kez']I'd be down for some Gears 3 DLC achievements as well.[/QUOTE]

Me as well, though I'm only available on weekends!

ok cool well that more than enough people, just making sure all you guys have all the DLC right? Well like I said I will be free starting Thursday night so I will add you guys or add me and we can set up some horde and other game modes. Also anyone need to beat the game on 4-player co-op? same with RAAM's shadow? Still need to beat it on 4-player co-op arcade.

While I lack the game now, when I've helped people get these in the past I've always found nobody else wants to play as Jace for Zeta Team Go, yet all the male players were quick to 'call' Valera. Just always seemed weird.

got the season pass during the last sale. I still need to get through Ramm's Shadow on my own.

I need ALL dlc achievements and most normal horde ones as well. I don't really want to boost mp achievements as they don't seem that hard.

ok cool lots of people are up for working on some achievements and yeah Gamer SDP the versus achievements are easy to get just gotta play to get them I'm more for working on the horde and co-op ones which you need people that have the DLC to be able to get

Glad to see people still play Gears 3.
I'm usually on Fri-Sun/Holidays/and random days off (EST zome) and play mostly horde.
I'll join in horde/beast/campaign, if you need extras. Just send me an invite.

And, if anyone wants to play any of the earlier gears games, I have the others 2 but I have never played their horde modes and willing to try it out.

[quote name='GUNNM']( you have to give your email and password of your gamertab for download it and put the skins in your download history)

[/QUOTE]

sounds legit.:cool:

[quote name='GUNNM']( you have to give your email and password of your gamertab for download it and put the skins in your download history)

[/QUOTE]Will a bunch of FIFA titles show up in my play history without me actually playing them?

[quote name='GuitarMan']Glad to see people still play Gears 3.
I'm usually on Fri-Sun/Holidays/and random days off (EST zome) and play mostly horde.
I'll join in horde/beast/campaign, if you need extras. Just send me an invite.

And, if anyone wants to play any of the earlier gears games, I have the others 2 but I have never played their horde modes and willing to try it out.[/QUOTE]

for Gears 2 do you know if they are still doing those incredible XP events? I really want to get to level 100 on Gears 2 am like 88 right now.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']for Gears 2 do you know if they are still doing those incredible XP events? I really want to get to level 100 on Gears 2 am like 88 right now.[/QUOTE]
I might be wrong (hopefully I am), but last time I looked at the Gears of War forum they had almost dropped support for Gears of War 2. Rod Fergusson, when he still worked at Epic, would always say that if there was a large enough request from the fans that they would do another large multiplier weekend, but the posts in the Gears of War 2 sub-section were almost always ignored after 3's release.

Isn't the game currently fixed at a 4x multiplier now? Or is it still just 2x?

I think it's been set to 3XP as they stated that "3XP continues for the Thanksgiving event" referring to the 3XP event that started at Halloween. I played a week or so after Thanksgiving and the math seemed to add up to 3XP still.

12 Days of Gearsmas schedule announced:
http://epicgames.com/community/2012/12/the-twelve-days-of-gearsmas-2012/

It seems like only yesterday we were celebrating the season of Gearsmas. Once again this year, we will be having twelve days of fun events in Gears of War 3 and we will also be randomly awarding the fans with Gears of War and Epic Swag! We have an Epic Edition, a Retro Lancer, a Gears of War board game and much, much more!

The events start tomorrow morning. Last year’s events were so popular, we’re going to do it all again. Events are subject to change without notice.

We hope you all have a safe, happy and wonderful Holiday Season!

Day 1- Fortifications for Free
Day 2- No Team Love
Day 3- Much Bigger Heads
Day 4- 4 Squawking Birds
Day 5- Beasts on the cheap
Day 6- 6 Boomers Flaming
Day 7- Gibbing Comets Ringing
Day8- Experience for Milking
Day 9- Locust Ladies Dancing
Day 10- 10 Lambent Leaping
Day 11- Snowman Heads a Popping
Day 12- Mortars Incoming

Gearsmas Versus Schedule

Day 1- Brothers to the End on all maps playlist
Day 2-4- Hardcore Weekend – No rifles, gnasher/pistol only, map pickups limited to boomshot, digger, torque bow, sniper rifle. There will be NO infinite ammo mutator this time.
Day 5- Can You Dig it?
Day 6- Torque Bow Tag
Day 7 and 8- Boom Snipes
Day 9 and 10- This Is My Rifle
Day 11- Thanksgibbing
Day 12 One Shot One Kill

Oh my god I might actually get my socialite achievement with these new events. fuck yeah! Maybe I can finally re-up once as well, but I'm not sure if Gears will be able to hold my attention for that long.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Oh my god I might actually get my socialite achievement with these new events. fuck yeah! Maybe I can finally re-up once as well, but I'm not sure if Gears will be able to hold my attention for that long.[/QUOTE]

well actually they set everyone count to 29/30 so you just have to play 1 match and you will get it, did it a few days ago and got the achievement

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']well actually they set everyone count to 29/30 so you just have to play 1 match and you will get it, did it a few days ago and got the achievement[/QUOTE]

I was at 29/30 BEFORE they did that. So that did jack shit for me, haha. I just needed one more "unique" event, which is kind of hard since I have played most of them. I feel like they are just trying to fuck with me at this point lol. Hoping one of these Gearsmas things will count.

Yeah, if anyone actively plays this, please msg me on Live. I need daytime players and late night players. Headsets are a must, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back