Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

This Digger event is pretty ass. I wish it were pistols instead to be honest. On P2P the host team eats them for free and on server connections it only proves how much of a crutch the Sawed-off Shotgun is for a large majority of the casual community. They can't even go neutral without it. Thank God for Alpha. It's pretty damn telling when I end a game 24 - 8 and every member of the opposing team is negative, but we still lose because the rest of my team manages to double their deaths somehow.

The digger event is a lot of fun, esp on Sandbar. Lol I don't know how many I took out blind firing through the walls into the fortress. It's also quite fun trying to snip people with the pistol. Ahh halo moments flooding back lol.

[quote name='popular penguin']^
I didn't check the link, but I bet it refers to the glitch where every game counted toward the War Supporter medal 1 day before release.[/QUOTE]

it does.

Also. ill be on tonight around 8 pst to hopefully get the dlc achievements done. if anybody else wants to get them message me here or on live.

I created a gamertag for those of us who want to get in on games with the DLC whether it be Horde or Beast. I'll accept invites throughout the day.

CAGears3DLC

For those of you who don't know how this works, add CAGears3DLC as you friend, and whenever you are online, go to your friends list, select CAGears3DLC and view its friends list, here you will be able to see any and all CAGs who are online, playing Gears 3 and are interesting in getting the DLC achievements.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today ive been warping around a little. Evade, split second later im in a different area. I wish there was some sort of thing i can look at to see if servers are up or not.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Today ive been warping around a little. Evade, split second later im in a different area. I wish there was some sort of thing i can look at to see if servers are up or not.[/QUOTE]
I wonder if that'll be less of an issue when Modern Warfare 3 comes out? I assume if a lot of gamers go to playing that, as expected, it'll allow for more people to get into server games.

they need to fix the cover system

an enemy and I were both on the same cover, he blind fires his shotgun and kills me.

in another game this guy was in cover. me and my friend were standing on the other side. the guy starts shooting my friend, while he does this I unload like 10 gnasher shots into the guy standing 2 feet away. and kept getting nothing.

oddly enough I got more war supporter ticks off the medal for playing again last night...not sure as to what triggered it but I'm not complaining. so im guessing it's still not 100% fixed.

[quote name='TheBigAndy']I forgot to press start on my private game before leaving for 2 days. what a waste of Seriously 3.0 progress.[/QUOTE]

O_O

You know i always get confused with gears setup. Like when you are picking what gametype and stuff you press A to advance. But in the map/character select screen you press start to advance. I always end up trying to press start when im setting up a private match, then it brings up the options menu. LOL Not sure why they did that.

Today i just randomly thought about how they show a COG character on your stats screen. Why dont i have the option to see a locust character? LOL. Not really a big deal just thought how its always a COG.

I made it to level 99 tonight. Tomorrow should be the day i get my wings, hopefully. Its like 93,000 points to get from 99 to 100.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I created a gamertag for those of us who want to get in on games with the DLC whether it be Horde or Beast. I'll accept invites throughout the day.

CAGears3DLC

For those of you who don't know how this works, add CAGears3DLC as you friend, and whenever you are online, go to your friends list, select CAGears3DLC and view its friends list, here you will be able to see any and all CAGs who are online, playing Gears 3 and are interesting in getting the DLC achievements.[/QUOTE]

Bumping this...hopefully we get more users.

Today i was playing and someone was coming at me with a chainsaw and i blew him away with my gnasher and then i was chainsawed by the same guy.

Another match i downed someone with a melee and then was blown away by his gnasher.

Seriously i never liked this double kill BS since they added it to gears 2. -_-

Im only 11,371 xp away from getting my wings.... im going off to do that now. ^_^

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Bumping this...hopefully we get more users.[/QUOTE]

sent request. im up for the dlc stuff anytime im on

I got my wings today, and the gold omen skins are pretty cool. They look darker black than the default color, which i like. Now i kind of want to unlock an onyx skin to see how that looks. But the gold omen look nice and match well with the onyx guard.

If you didnt see, the events calendar changed, there is a "One shot, one kill" event coming. I forget the date, but sounds interesting. If one shot kills someone instantly, i wonder what gun they will make us use, and if it will be changed in anyway.

I also unlocked the command center achievement. Level 4 was pretty fast to get to. Im not sure how you unlock the extra onxy guard though. I was playing before and seen someone using it, but im already maxed out so.....idk.

I'm friends with CAGears3DLC. There's only 6 of us, so if anyone needs help the achievements, invite me anytime. I upgraded the Silverback to LV3 so you guys can get your rocket kills.

finally beat horde solo last night (casual w/infinite ammo). I'm glad I beat wave 50 w/some ppl another time because the last wave they trhew at me at corpsers and unfairapede spawning in my base. I gave up after 3 tries...but I unlocked the achievement and medal wave 49.

I'll put CAGears3DLC on my list if ppl need extra gunz to shoot at the bad mens.

@popular penguin - sweet deal on the silverback, thanks for the headsup.

I sent another request to the CAGears3DLC tag since apparently my first request was denied. I'm down for some DLC play probably after this week :)

Anyone up for Insane Horde/Beast ONYX medals, I'm fairly high with my fortification upgrades and have about half the mutators. I didn't know about how uberz these things were until after I wasted a whole day soloing insane campaign :(.

Added the CAGears3DLC to my friends list

-For the first DLC, at first I felt scammed because I realized it was on the disc, then even further because of partial give away at the end of this month. The explanation about it being the first planned and finished before the game was released is understandable, and I'm glad they are open about it. However in early previews of the game, the added fortification upgrades existed and was not mentioned as being DLC.

The ongoing good vs evil debate with DLC is if they are adding on/even if its like skins like infamous oblivion armor or are they cutting us short on base game.

CAG style my game net me 10.00 for GOW3, but even at full price I don't necessarily feel gimped on the content before DLC. However, horde mode before DLC feels incomplete. They should have just kept the horde additions standard, sold the skins back for 400MSP and come up with some other DLC since that dev team finished early :p

I'm too lazy to really research it now, but if I am remembering correctly, all the additions to the first gears was free right? Through promotions, and they promoted that as something they believed in and wanted to give to fans for the support. Then with GOW2, epic said that Microsoft wanted to make some of that internet money so they had to charge.

[quote name='The 7th Number']

I also unlocked the command center achievement. Level 4 was pretty fast to get to. Im not sure how you unlock the extra onxy guard though. I was playing before and seen someone using it, but im already maxed out so.....idk.[/QUOTE]

the onyx guard comes from maxing out the decoys i think

Played some more TDM today. Earlier i was doing good, then terrible, then back to really good. I think when i do bad i dont really try as hard, and try to coast through gnasher battles and whatnot. But when i really try hard i end up doing good. I also think i tend to sit behind cover too much, i need to initiate battles more. In the past i sit behind cover and wait for people to come to me.

Ive been using the Gnasher/Hammerburst lately. I can really F guys up with the hammy. Only prob is people tend to steal your kills when you do use hammy and have to reload. But whatever, i dont really care because it gets me assists and i need to onyx that medal too, but im pretty close to finishing that up.

I dont really get into horde that much. Its fun for a while but then it just gets boring. Probably because in the later rounds its all lancering from cover. Part of the reason why i like MP is gnasher battles, you cant really do that in horde. I still have to max out the silverback and decoys.

@ PrarieD0G - gg last night, was glad to be able to jump in at waves early 30ish - 46. I just ran out of steam that last wave, especially after that other guy had dropped. We just lost a lot of our fortifications and I could barely keep my eyes open. Funny, I have to keep track of which waves i've completed in normal now so i can go back and try fill in the blanks to get the medal for completion.

@ 7th - I can see how horde can be lancering from cover, though playing with PrarieD0G on Checkout, I did a lot more gnashing the locust from corners as they stormed our base...lancing hardly made a dent in anything in the later waves unless it was 2-3 of us pouring on the rounds.

some d-bag last night was hosting a public arcade campaign game, last level vs the queen. i joined, helped revive him, hammer of dawn the queen, lance the guards over and over again and keep them off the main group...then right when we beat the queen. d-bag pauses the game and quits. So I didn't get credit for co-op hardcare finish.

i can understand if my score was crappy but it was right up there with his. wonders never cease....2nd game was with 3 guys on hardcore with all the bad mutators on, was like pulling teeth. I guess they wanted more of a challenge. personally, I'm not a fan of vampire and regen as mutators together but at least those guys played like a team.

game on.

Onyx Guard is the the MAX of the Decoys! but I hear it sucks bc it will just run right into the locust and not help you out at all. I can't move the $ bar for the silverback It's just halfway all the time.

that's a lot of cash...and it's not like you can just start to dump your money into a silverback from the start. that's going to take some time, hopefully the do more w/horde in the coming DLCs.

[quote name='knightsmith']Onyx Guard is the the MAX of the Decoys! but I hear it sucks bc it will just run right into the locust and not help you out at all.[/QUOTE]

They are supposed run around by themselves, they are decoys after all.

I heard that Silverback LV4 & 5 are just 11% discounts.

oh snap, a decoy that runs around? im going to start investing it that for the fun of it...as for 11% discount on silverbacks? 11% is a lot considering the silverback's high price.

I still have another level to go in manned turret before I even unlock the command center.

And I've only invested a few thousand dollars into Silverback so far, I barely ever use it. I can't imagine I'll ever get that 500 rocket kills achievement without boosting.

[quote name='popular penguin']They are supposed run around by themselves, they are decoys after all.

I heard that Silverback LV4 & 5 are just 11% discounts.[/QUOTE]
Yes the are decoys but for them to run to the locust and not draw them out from cover, not really helping!
and yes lvl 4 & 5 are just discounts

maybe the concept of the onyx guard decoy is to follow the decoy and use it as a distraction. if you wait long enough the locust always come out of hiding and try to get you.

12 hours of boosting so someone can jack his silverback and get it destroyed? sounds like time wasted...even boosting to get the unlimited ammo mutator was a chore. I can think of a lot of things to boost towards but not for 12 hours. With mutators you don't even need the silverback maxed out...the only benefit I see is this guy helping you with Horde and even then, you know all his cash is going towards the silverback every wave.

I'm looking fwd to the campaign DLC as well.

[quote name='100xp']@ PrarieD0G - gg last night, was glad to be able to jump in at waves early 30ish - 46. I just ran out of steam that last wave, especially after that other guy had dropped. We just lost a lot of our fortifications and I could barely keep my eyes open. Funny, I have to keep track of which waves i've completed in normal now so i can go back and try fill in the blanks to get the medal for completion.

@ 7th - I can see how horde can be lancering from cover, though playing with PrarieD0G on Checkout, I did a lot more gnashing the locust from corners as they stormed our base...lancing hardly made a dent in anything in the later waves unless it was 2-3 of us pouring on the rounds.[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah thanks for joining man. I was the same way, you might have heard me yawning. That other guy who dropped (sublime90) is actually a CAG too, haha. He was making fun of that guy named "Fenry" the whole time; it was pretty hilarious. I think we all just burnt out at the end though.

[quote name='popular penguin']I'm friends with CAGears3DLC. There's only 6 of us, so if anyone needs help the achievements, invite me anytime. I upgraded the Silverback to LV3 so you guys can get your rocket kills.[/QUOTE]

Wow thanks for that! I was wondering if you could get the Rocket kills with someone else's upgraded Silverback. I sent a FR to the Gears 3 GT.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Haha, yeah thanks for joining man. I was the same way, you might have heard me yawning. That other guy who dropped (sublime90) is actually a CAG too, haha. He was making fun of that guy named "Fenry" the whole time; it was pretty hilarious. I think we all just burnt out at the end though.[/QUOTE]

if im not doing anything and i see the opening while you're hording ill try and jump in and put 2 bullets in the horde. I was glad to help out, even earned a bunch of point man ribbons. If i was paying more attention I'd probably be making fun of Fenry too...that's fun to say and fun to make fun of. Yeah, I remember sublime90, I think we all did the dlc achievements with packedOsprey that night.

I am sure this question was asked earlier, but is their any way to play on the dlc maps in ranked or quick match? I haven't played on any of them yet.

[quote name='Gamehead']I am sure this question was asked earlier, but is their any way to play on the dlc maps in ranked or quick match? I haven't played on any of them yet.[/QUOTE]

if the game rotates you into a DLC map you can play on it, but then it's has something to do with a private host or something...otherwise you'll need to wait til later this month when they are free to the public.

[quote name='100xp']12 hours of boosting so someone can jack his silverback and get it destroyed? sounds like time wasted...even boosting to get the unlimited ammo mutator was a chore. I can think of a lot of things to boost towards but not for 12 hours. With mutators you don't even need the silverback maxed out...the only benefit I see is this guy helping you with Horde and even then, you know all his cash is going towards the silverback every wave.

I'm looking fwd to the campaign DLC as well.[/QUOTE]
The Way I look at it, thats an hour a night for 2 weeks to do it. Shouldn't be too hard, and I need to play another 1000 waves of horde for seriously 3.0 anyways...

[quote name='TheBigAndy']The Way I look at it, thats an hour a night for 2 weeks to do it. Shouldn't be too hard, and I need to play another 1000 waves of horde for seriously 3.0 anyways...[/QUOTE]

i know, just seemed like it was 12 hours of straight boosting...you figure you earn cash, invest, die...reset wave, invest, earn cash, die...etc for 12 hours. Some achievements are just too unreasonable to obtain. Broken down, I think more like 20 mins every couple nights for a month and a half of normal playing to unlock the silverback's full potential seems more fun and reasonable.

[quote name='100xp']if the game rotates you into a DLC map you can play on it, but then it's has something to do with a private host or something...otherwise you'll need to wait til later this month when they are free to the public.[/QUOTE]

It feels like I only paid to use Bernie, since I don't care for Horde, and generally just play ranked/quick matches.

They could have at least put in a DLC playlist until the maps go free.

bread's done
Back