Gears Of War disk doomed?

paulskii

CAG Veteran
Hey All,

I'm new to this place, so I hope I'm posting in the right place...this site is awesome though...

Anyway...I just got back into Gears of War....since I never finished it about a year ago...and I was half way through act 3...but then I finished act 3 and the first fight scene of act 4...and thats where the game stops...the xbox throws an error saying the disk is dirty...i tried cleaning it with one of those cd/dvd scratch remover/cleaner things with the solution and all...but it just stops at the same spot each time...does anyone know of any special trick that may bring this game back to life? I can play everything up to that point, and the multiplayer works just fine...but I want to finish the damn game before Gears 2!

Help!:bomb:

thanks
Paul

i've actually had that message with a perfectly clean disc the last time my xbox had to go in for RRoD fixing. Other than that, I did have taht one time after that with the Simpsons game. WIth that all i needed to do was turn off the system and then it went away.

The following game titles are currently available for this program:

* Crackdown™
* Fuzion Frenzy 2
* Gears Of War®
* Halo® 2
* Halo® 3
* Kameo™: Elements of Power™
* Ninja Gaiden II™
* Perfect Dark Zero™
* Project Gotham Racing® 3
* Too Human™
* Viva Piñata™
* Xbox Live® Arcade Unplugged Vol. 1
* Viva Piñata™: Trouble in Paradise

But it's still bullshit, having to pay $20 more.

Paul, does the disc have scratches on it? If it is scratched up, if you live in an area where there are Hollywood Video/GameCrazy stores, take it there and you can have it refinished for about $3. They do a beautiful job.

If it's not scratched, and it's the data or the 360, I dont know what to tell you.

[quote name='paulskii']Hey All,

I'm new to this place, so I hope I'm posting in the right place...this site is awesome though...

Anyway...I just got back into Gears of War....since I never finished it about a year ago...and I was half way through act 3...but then I finished act 3 and the first fight scene of act 4...and thats where the game stops...the xbox throws an error saying the disk is dirty...i tried cleaning it with one of those cd/dvd scratch remover/cleaner things with the solution and all...but it just stops at the same spot each time...does anyone know of any special trick that may bring this game back to life? I can play everything up to that point, and the multiplayer works just fine...but I want to finish the damn game before Gears 2!

Help!:bomb:

thanks
Paul[/quote]

Hey dude!

There is a way to get your disk replaced for a very small cost.

Go to EBgames and purchase Gears of War, and when they ask you to buy eh game warranty, say yes. Now, swap out your old version for a new one in that warranty. Now you will have 2 new copies of Gears of war. Sell one on ebay, play the other.

Additionally, please learn to be less dependent on ellipsis (the ...) as it will help make your writing more coherent and easier to read.

bread's done
Back