gears of war preorder $45.98 shipped @ familyvideo.com

[quote name='Maddgief']Their account creation screen doesn't seem to be secured...[/QUOTE]

account creation screen is under https...so its as secure as you can get

this is a great deal. I don't mind waiting since even if it takes the full 10 days to reach me it'll be the 18th, and that's day 2 of my 10 day vacation :D. so I'll have plenty of time to immerse myself in the game and get on Live and play.

man, I really am glad I started hanging around this place. so many good deals on games I want.

Family Video is a rental chain in the midwest (Ohio, Kentucky etc). They should be reliable, and are a good source for new release movies as after 2 weeks or so of being a rental they sell them for about $7.95. Not bad, especially since most of them (at least, the ones I buy) seem to be in great condition.

Dont trust it. Giving your cedit card info to them is a bad idea. Play it safe and just buy in at amazon or other well known and respected online stores

[quote name='rumblebear']Weren't Microsoft published 360 games suppose to be 49.99 MSRP like PD0, PGR3, Nighty-nine nights, etc?[/quote]
That only applies to first party games (though I'm sure Halo 3/Halo Wars/PJ Halo will be $60). Gears of War is published by Microsoft, but Epic is a third party developer.

It looks like you can also get Call of Duty 3 for the 360 or PS3 for only $48.97 after shiping, or the Wii version for $39.97. I may have to order the 360 version.

i've ordered from them once before without a problem (well, the shipping was slowish). Also their brick and mortar stores are all over michigan at least so the company itself isn't fly by night if that's your concern.

Good price, you could always buy another copy at walmart on release day and then return this cheapass copy back to walmart for a refund when it arrives.

[quote name='$hady']Good price, you could always buy another copy at walmart on release day and then return this cheapass copy back to walmart for a refund when it arrives.[/QUOTE]

man that is a great idea

i already paid off at gamestop....not sure what to do

[quote name='Kaijufan']It looks like you can also get Call of Duty 3 for the 360 or PS3 for only $48.97 after shiping, or the Wii version for $39.97. I may have to order the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of getting Call of Duty 3 also, but I think Play Asia may have it for $39.99 after release? I know COD2 was not region locked, so there's prob a good chance COD3 won't be either.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Yeah family video rocks, but I can't give credit to this OP cause there was already two other threads on CAG about this site this week. (Merged into one) http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110974

I preordered Castlevania Portrait of Ruin for $25.95 shipped and Final Fantasy XII For $39.99 shipped as well as the Red Steel deal.[/quote]

i never saw that post myself and if i did i wouldn't have posted this. i did a search for gears of war and didn't see it listed and seing as i know a bunch of people here were getting it i posted this deal. my first deal post so sorry.

[quote name='koreamanloves24']Dont trust it. Giving your cedit card info to them is a bad idea. Play it safe and just buy in at amazon or other well known and respected online stores[/QUOTE]

good job ignoring every post above........

[quote name='ZildjianKX']So this is only for new accounts, will they catch you if you make more than one account?[/quote]

Nope, I've used 3 different emails for 3 different orders. Well, I guess they technically could say something later but I doubt it.

Gears of War + Call of Duty 3 + Twilight Princess... man, I just spent way too much money. Too bad they don't have Splinter Cell Double Agent for the 360 :)

[quote name='OGHowie']I was thinking of getting Call of Duty 3 also, but I think Play Asia may have it for $39.99 after release? I know COD2 was not region locked, so there's prob a good chance COD3 won't be either.[/quote]
Hard to say, but I would guess that it will. I would assume that if you need to get Call of Duty 3 asap Family Video would be the best place to go, because it might take them a week or two to find out if the game works in American systems, then another week or two of shipping time.

[quote name='$hady']Good price, you could always buy another copy at walmart on release day and then return this cheapass copy back to walmart for a refund when it arrives.[/QUOTE]

I may have to do this....

[quote name='Kaijufan']That only applies to first party games (though I'm sure Halo 3/Halo Wars/PJ Halo will be $60). Gears of War is published by Microsoft, but Epic is a third party developer.[/QUOTE]

Actually, first party games are games that are published by Microsoft, but need not be developed by them. Gears of War will be $60, officially because the development costs were significantly higher than their previous offerings, unofficially because the game is so heavily hyped and anticipated they felt they could get away with a higher price. Expect the Halo games to also have "significantly higher development costs", even if they use the Halo 2 engine.

[quote name='rebenns']Actually, first party games are games that are published by Microsoft, but need not be developed by them. Gears of War will be $60, officially because the development costs were significantly higher than their previous offerings, unofficially because the game is so heavily hyped and anticipated they felt they could get away with a higher price. Expect the Halo games to also have "significantly higher development costs", even if they use the Halo 2 engine.[/quote]

If they are officially claiming the $60 price because of development costs, that's total BS:

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/05-10-2006-3767.html

You're absolutely right about the hype thing... Halo 3 will definitely be $60.

I'm not in a rush to get this, but I don't want it to be back-ordered to hell. I once waited over a month for a pre-order.

well partially that, but mostly because they kept alot of development bloat down. I believe the crew working on gears of war was only a handful of people. I think they spent 10 million to make this game, whereas EA and other devs speculated that Next Gen games would start to cost 20 Million.

either way cost to make the game should'nt really have an effect on how much the game costs to the consumer, it should be the quality of the game. Or else people buying a Wii would be getting the biggest ripoff of thier life.

bread's done
Back