Geist down to $20 at Best Buy

SpoDaddy

CAGiversary!
I'm not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but I was in Best Buy tonight and saw Geist for 20 bucks so I snagged it. I've had my eye on it since it came out and it's finally at the right price. Killer 7 was also down to $20, Shadow the Hedgehog is down to $40 (when that hits 20 I'll be all over it).

Are there any TRUs out there that still don't have dozens of these for $10 each? One near me still has enough to put one in every Gamecube owning household.

I was going to mention that they're in great abundance at TRU, but I was beaten to the punch. (at least I worked in the word "abundance" into a post)

Sweet!! I'm going to buy 20 copies and take them to Wal-Mart!! Then I'll be in $1000 of credit!!!

I'll then go and buy 2 Xbox 360's and sell them on ebay for $3003 each (plus $318 shipping and handling charge) and then I'll be RICH!!!

Thanks CAG!!

[quote name='secretvampire']Are there any TRUs out there that still don't have dozens of these for $10 each? One near me still has enough to put one in every Gamecube owning household.[/QUOTE]The 3 or 4 closest TRUs to me are all out.

[quote name='whoknows']Sweet!! I'm going to buy 20 copies and take them to Wal-Mart!! Then I'll be in $1000 of credit!!!

I'll then go and buy 2 Xbox 360's and sell them on ebay for $3003 each (plus $318 shipping and handling charge) and then I'll be RICH!!!

Thanks CAG!![/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='branvan']Is it any good? I heard it was had a really short single player.[/QUOTE]It's buggy too. Not very good. But for $10...

A new CAG reposted that its $10 at TRU. If you haven't been there, chances are they probably still have a table full of copies for $10. Thats where I got my copy.

My TRUs have been out of Geist since the they dropped in price. Some asshole hoarder came in and bought everyone at probably every TRU (only been to two). Anyhow, thanks OP. This is great news for me as I really really wanted to play this game. Quick question though, I still have a few GGCs that expired last year, think they would accept them if I came in with them and said I had received them as gifts for Christmas or something? (which is actually technically true since a couple of them were (too bad family doesn't know to buy the right ones that don't expire)).

i'm not a hoarder, but at my TRU i saw a whole rack full of Geist..probably 30 copie..i never don those trade in scams thathoarders take advantage of...tempted to since it would help getting a psp or xbox 360,but wo uld rather avoid confrontation or some bum worker questioning wy i'd be trading ihn so many copies of the same game

BUY IT!

I thought Geist was a great game! I got it last fall (when it was still $50, argh!) and loved every minute of it. It was one of those rare times where I started a game and then played ONLY that game until I finished it.

Ok, first the bad things:
-the graphics aren't too great, I'd say on par with earlier GC games. Didn't bother me at all and if you only play games for good graphics, you shouldn't call yourself a gamer.
-controls take some getting used to
-kinda short (It took me roughly a week of playing after work to finish it)

The good:
-VERY cool and original (at least I thought it was) storyline
-FUN gameplay (scare the shit out of someone/something and take over their body!)
-the shower scene (haha, its nothing too special but I won't spoil it for you guys)

I can't vouch for the multiplayer as I didn't have a chance to play it w/anyone yet.

GET IT!

I've got to say that it's worth a rental and nothing more. In fact, I'd say that for killer7 as well.

I'm a big Nintendo fan and I gave Giest a chance. It starts off okay, but honestly, the levels are poorly designed and the action is bland and boring. The "puzzle" solving is a huge dissappointment too, as, in general, you don't have to actually solve anything. You just possess something and push A to move things along. This game had a bunch of potential, and it was in development for a relatively long amount of time. I would say it was a big dissappointment except that you could kind of start to see what it was going to be like as the released date closed in. Being a big Nintendo fan, I got it anyways, and yeah, I just wouldn't recommend it. There are a lot better games you could spend $20 on. Also, if you really need a GameCube game, ChibiRobo came out today and it's $40 at Fry's. It's a much better buy.

Well since we're on the subject... I've got a sealed copy of Geist that I'm looking to unload. I'm partial to trades, but I'd be willing to sell for $15 shipped as well. Check the sig!

This game is actually a lot of fun. There are a couple bugs here and there, but all in all its entertaining. A steal at $20!

All the $10 copies at TRU have dropped the Ebay price. You can find it sealed on Ebay for $15 shipped or lower if you look around. I'd do that before paying $20 at BB.

[quote name='secretvampire']Are there any TRUs out there that still don't have dozens of these for $10 each? One near me still has enough to put one in every Gamecube owning household.[/QUOTE]

King of Prussia PA TRU had tons of these this weekend

Gamestop still sells Geist for $50 so if you know anyone who works at one and will be willing to do an even exchange your in good shape.

Just went to the Times Square TRU. They have a copy of Pikmin 2, bunch of Lost Age and Dawn of Souls, but no Geist...

[quote name='skinsfan56la']20 bucks too much.[/QUOTE]

I paided $10 and considering how buggy it is that's almost too much.

I have one (going back to TRU soon) that I will give up for $15 via paypal (basically cost).

PM me if anyone wants it (possibly a trade as well).

my local TRU has absolutely nothing. Their shelves are basically barren. I am looking for some copies of geist. If anybody has any for trade, send me a list!

[quote name='Rictor']All the $10 copies at TRU have dropped the Ebay price. You can find it sealed on Ebay for $15 shipped or lower if you look around. I'd do that before paying $20 at BB.[/QUOTE]

Very true.

This game is no longer hoardable (yes, I made the word up).

The only possibility to make money off of this game is to return it to Wal-Mart for whatever excessive amount they are still charging for it.

Considering that activity is the equivalent of fraud, I'd advise against donig that.

Gamestop sells this used for 44.99 so if you get it for 20$ or under you are getting an awesome deal, i wonder what kind of trade in gamestop gives you for the game since the price is still so high.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Very true.

This game is no longer hoardable (yes, I made the word up).[/QUOTE]

Isn't that the truthiness...

:)

bread's done
Back