General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Esper']GGs to axc. Connection btw us was kinda funky today. It was cool last time. I guess my roommate is stealing all the bandwidth playing mw2.

Who are you going to use in the tourney? Sticking with Seth?[/QUOTE]

It's all good. Tell your bandwidth to stop making your SFIV ragequit.

I'll probably stick with Seth in the tourney. G/F asked me the same question and was wondering why I would stick with Seth (eats a ton of damage, pretty much have to play perfect, outplay/out think everyone). Amongst the 3 characters I do play (Abel, Seth, Ryu), I'm the most comfortable with Seth.

[quote name='asianxcore']Depending on the character, I gotta stop throwing it out as much.

GG's to Inf_Shini today. Nice Viper.

I need all the practice I can get against you foos because I might be jumping in on a local tourney on Saturday. I work too much and all the practice/get togethers my friends are throwing this week are the same days I work.[/QUOTE]
GGs axc, had to jet right away so I couldn't bow out with a gg's msg.

You workin today? I have all day today and until 5PM tomorrow, so if you wanna get some games in, I'm down ;)

If you're looking to practice for a tourney, I'm willing to learn some Sagat stuff and play him then. You'll no doubt run into a Sagat, and we all know he gives out mad damage to Seth.

Btw, learn some FADC combos to keep the pressure on and build up stun. There's a really good Seth I play on occasion and he has a lot of setups. One you'll wanna use on knockdown to change it up - lp.SB -> FADC -> Tele behind -> c.FP -> Spinny Exploding kicking thingy/Ultra/what ev :)

You can also do c.FP -> lp.SRK -> Headstomps

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='asianxcore']She loves SFIV but doesn't want to sit around a tourney all day. She's bringing her own folding chair :)[/QUOTE]
what's the chair for

standing?!

[quote name='kainzero']what's the chair for

standing?![/QUOTE]

Dude, for throwing at Sagat players.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']GGs axc, had to jet right away so I couldn't bow out with a gg's msg.

You workin today? I have all day today and until 5PM tomorrow, so if you wanna get some games in, I'm down ;)

If you're looking to practice for a tourney, I'm willing to learn some Sagat stuff and play him then. You'll no doubt run into a Sagat, and we all know he gives out mad damage to Seth.

Btw, learn some FADC combos to keep the pressure on and build up stun. There's a really good Seth I play on occasion and he has a lot of setups. One you'll wanna use on knockdown to change it up - lp.SB -> FADC -> Tele behind -> c.FP -> Spinny Exploding kicking thingy/Ultra/what ev :)

You can also do c.FP -> lp.SRK -> Headstomps[/QUOTE]

Sagat farts on Seth and it does MAX Damage. Sagat is annoying to play against, mostly because he has an answer for everything Seth throws at him. You can't out-zone him, his AA normals are too good and I've eaten quite a few Ultra misjudging a wall jump.

The only FADC I use often is FADC Shoryu for Stun and Mix-up oppurtunity.

I know the jp. boom xx FADC and s.hp xx boom xx FADC are standard Seth, but some reason I just hate burning that much meter on that. Funny thing is I don't use that much meter with Seth anyway, so maybe I should take it into consideration.

Definitely will run into some Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Blanka, Sim, Rog, Honda, Bison and Sagat players.

I'm still working on the Bison and Blanka match-ups. Sim is up in the air for me.

With a lot of the match-ups, I find that I eat a lot of damage, again because I get overly anxious and keep pushing in with pressure when it's not safe and end up eating so much damage. Nothing wrong with being patient and waiting for an opportunity now and then, especially with Seth shitty stamina.

I'm practicing a lot of the combos I can usually hit in training just to make sure my execution is on point (or near it). As with the last tourney I was in, I'm not there to pull flashy shit. When given the choice, I'll throw out something I can do in my sleep, not try anything new or fancy. Probably be working on some new ones between now and Sat. The c.hp xx j.mp xx cr. lp reset I've been throwing into my game is fun when you time the next Dive Kick mix-up right.

That was pretty funny how we ended up fighting each other in Champ mode, axc. Unfortunately, I didn't win the finals match. :(

Fake fireballs, hell yeah.

[quote name='distgfx']Who doesn't fucking play this dude? :lol:[/QUOTE]I usually move my select cursor in his general direction but then my shoto-guilt kicks in.

[quote name='BustaUppa']I usually move my select cursor in his general direction but then my shoto-guilt kicks in.[/QUOTE]
Then you pick Sagat. ;)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']If you peeps are up in the SSFIV know the extra details on the new online modes are genna make you hate playing other fighters online and I'm not even talking netcode...[/QUOTE]

I haven't played that much of any other game since SFIV came out. As one of my best friends told me recently, "Well with SSFIV, at least you'll sort of have something different in your PS3 for a while".

GG's to Inf_Shini again in SFIV.

I vote that EX Headstomp is much more stupid :)

For some reason I can't get the Seth/Bison match up down.

[quote name='asianxcore']I haven't played that much of any other game since SFIV came out. As one of my best friends told me recently, "Well with SSFIV, at least you'll sort of have something different in your PS3 for a while".

GG's to Inf_Shini again in SFIV.

I vote that EX Headstomp is much more stupid :)

For some reason I can't get the Seth/Bison match up down.[/QUOTE]
Curse all those missed Viper Ultras!

It's funny how I could take most of those rounds down to the wire with Sagat and I've never really played him, Seth's weenie health is weaksauce :X

Viper man, I need to get some ground game going or I'll be eating your j.hp/srk's all day. Gotta work on those links -_-

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Curse all those missed Viper Ultras!

It's funny how I could take most of those rounds down to the wire with Sagat and I've never really played him, Seth's weenie health is weaksauce :X

Viper man, I need to get some ground game going or I'll be eating your j.hp/srk's all day. Gotta work on those links -_-[/QUOTE]

I'm not familiar with Viper, but isn't her ground game a mix of Seismo Mix-Ups, Feints, Overheads, etc etc..?

About Sagat, that's why I'm a little worried running into one. You don't even need to be familiar with his combos to dish out a ton of damage against Seth. As long as you can zone sort of decently, get your AA Normals down and know some of the Ultra setups, you can run on Seth in seconds.

I almost puked on myself when I saw that a clean FP Tiger Uppercut put Seth at almost 55% health.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']SSFIV needs more shotos.[/QUOTE]

300px-AllenSniderSFEX.jpg

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I used to use Allen. Too bad it won't happen, since Arika owns the rights to EX characters. :cry:[/QUOTE]
Capcom should look into bringing those characters back man...it's about time they made a comeback :(

JUSTICE FIST!

[quote name='hankmecrankme']TOUCHDOWN!!!

Man, Capcom Vs. SNK 3 needs to get made.[/QUOTE]

"Don't worry, we'll handle the netcode." - SNK

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Odds are, we'd get SVC Chaos 2 with SNK netcode first. :cry:[/QUOTE]

"Don't worry, we're here to save the day!" - Namco

[quote name='distgfx']"Don't worry, we're here to save the day!" - Namco[/QUOTE]
i'll be right there to blame markman for it

[quote name='asianxcore']

I almost puked on myself when I saw that a clean FP Tiger Uppercut put Seth at almost 55% health.[/QUOTE]

I know that feeling -_-

Julius Caesar extinguished himself on the battlefields of Gaul. The Ides of March murdered him because they thought he was going to be made king. Dying, he gasped out "Same to you, Brutus."

Hey guys, I've been informed by super programmer John that these insanely long threads are detrimental to site performance. I'm going to lock this one up and someone else can create a new one.

Going forward, lets lock these up and create new threads after 500 replies.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back