General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
GGs to you too, AxC. You sure were mean to pick Seth against my scrubby Zangief, man. Not only that, but I died to Seth's Ultra too many times. I hate seeing my dude's face on the screen like that. :lol:

Seth dittos are so much fun.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']well look at it this way: While I play scenario mode to unlock crap, I really would rather be playing the main game... >_

more of my randoms

tekken_6_7.png

tekken_6_8.png

tekken_6_9.png

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/03/why-not-to-expect-capcom-vs-snk-2-on-psn-xbla/

In the words of Lord Cutler Beckett, it's just good business. Or, as Capcom's Seth Killian explained on the Capcom-Unity forums, releasing a downloadable version of Capcom vs. SNK 2 could be bad business. In a lengthy response to a call for the game on PSN, Killian gave several reasons for not re-releasing Capcom vs. SNK 2; all of them centered squarely on business. Among other things, the audience for the game is less sizable than that of Street Fighter and Marvel vs. Capcom 2, meaning a Capcom vs. SNK 2 port probably wouldn't be worth the money and resources Capcom would need to spend.

Killian noted that even if sales covered cost, placing developers on the project would mean removing them from others, like Super Street Fighter IV. Killian put it simply, saying, "When fan service becomes a black hole for time and money, that party gets ended pretty quick."

Another explanation, according to Killian, is that Capcom doesn't want to flood the market with fighting games. He suggested that most gamers only buy one or two fighting games a year -- thanks mainly to the amount of time it takes to master them. In other words, releasing too many games could dilute the sales of all of them. Besides, we all know that what Capcom should be working on is a new Darkstalkers.
Darkstalkers can eat a dick.

the customizations in T6 is so terrible.

I went thru Baek's options... theyre all awful!! aint nothing that I like in there except for glasses.

for Xiaoyu, I cant change the 1P model. fairy wings are ugly, and any customization takes away from what makes her 1P outfit good.

furthermore all her shoes options are garbage...

whatever... if Im rolling as default characters, at least my opponents can get their asses kicked while wearing good clothes

[quote name='DomLando']Anyone get their Yoshi code for Tekken 6 from Amazon yet?[/QUOTE]

Nope, it disappeared for the PS3 a few days for release. Thank god I managed to snag a code for each system when I saw that. Ty axc and gamefaqs! Heh

EDIT: Ok, listen, I managed to get a second set straight from namco themselves for the amazon pre-order. Since I know you all haven't received your codes yet, go here and e-mail their support:

http://tekken.namco.com/DLC/

Attach a picture on your amazon order details and say you haven't received your code yet. They'll send you back a code saying they verified your order and you can then redeem it on the link above as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='asianxcore']Darkstalkers is rad.

Also I'm not sure how I'd feel about CVS2 for DL. It's obviously my favorite fighting game but online would be completely useless unless it is perfect. Lag when RC'ing or playing A-Groove would make me a sad panda. Hell, it would be like playing CVS2 (PS2) on a PS3.[/QUOTE]
I'm just kinda sad and mad, is all (imad). Truthfully, I can understand why they won't do it.

Also:
vgcourtevidence1684263.gif

I checked Kotaku and Joystiq and they are posting that a online patch is coming to Tekken 6.

http://kotaku.com/5397284/tekken-6-update-coming-to-combat-online-lag
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/04/tekken-6-online-patch-in-the-works-says-namco/

Also. Why the fuck are people complaining about the graphics in Tekken 6? The game has been in arcade for two years, and it runs smoothly with good detail in the backgrounds and character models. My only complaint with the graphics is that the PS3 version isn't exactly a resolution of 1280x720, but I don't even have a HDTV. The graphics in SC look plain but not horrible, I bought Tekken 6 to play Tekken though. Not play SC for hours and hours.

I checked Kotaku and Joystiq and they are posting that a online patch is coming to Tekken 6.

http://kotaku.com/5397284/tekken-6-update-coming-to-combat-online-lag
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/04/tekken-6-online-patch-in-the-works-says-namco/

Also. Why the fuck do people keep complaining about Tekken 6 graphics? The game has been in arcade for two years, it runs smoothly and has good detail in the backgrounds and character models. My only complaint with the graphics is that the PS3 version isn't exactly a resolution of 1280x720, but I don't even have a HDTV. The graphics in SC is horrible, but if you play Tekken just for SC and not the actual game youself. Your a moron.

[quote name='FroMann']Also. Why the fuck are people complaining about the graphics in Tekken 6?[/QUOTE]gamers looooove to complain about games.

I like to complain about gamers!!

fukk gamers!! t(-_-t)

Without gamers, who would play the games the gamers love to complain about?

A Tekken 5 cabinet showed up at my local arcade. I have no idea what to do with the card slots though =o

[quote name='distgfx']Nope, it disappeared for the PS3 a few days for release. Thank god I managed to snag a code for each system when I saw that. Ty axc and gamefaqs! Heh

EDIT: Ok, listen, I managed to get a second set straight from namco themselves for the amazon pre-order. Since I know you all haven't received your codes yet, go here and e-mail their support:

Attach a picture on your amazon order details and say you haven't received your code yet. They'll send you back a code saying they verified your order and you can then redeem it on the link above as well.[/QUOTE]

Sent them an email. Hopefully I get a code. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']so for getting ur code from namco u just send em an email with a pic of ur order details from amazon?[/QUOTE]

Basically, yea, it worked for me.

[quote name='asianxcore']I don't need excuses. I need Phoenix Wright in TvC[/QUOTE]

Damned straight, they could of kept it at 'igari' or whatever. I'm sure most of the people buying this game would know what it means!

I finished scenario campaign mode. Nightmare Train gave me some trouble, but once I beat it, everything seems to beuch easier now. I just need the Gatling gun and gallery achievements.

Also, what are some noob friendly tips for beating Nancy with Jack 6 (or is there a better character to use?)

last night i realized how terrible t6 practice mode is

i suck at blocking and recognizing lows. in t5 i would go to training mode, and you can tell the computer do a specific string from the move list so you can practice blocking/parrying/countering.

AND IT'S NOT IN T6
I CAN'T PRACTICE MY BIGGEST WEAKNESS

[quote name='kainzero']last night i realized how terrible t6 practice mode is

i suck at blocking and recognizing lows. in t5 i would go to training mode, and you can tell the computer do a specific string from the move list so you can practice blocking/parrying/countering.

AND IT'S NOT IN T6
I CAN'T PRACTICE MY BIGGEST WEAKNESS[/QUOTE]
Actually it is. There is a mode select once you start practicing. Select DEFENSIVE TRAINING. Select some moves for the CPU to use. Then press Select+O (or B or something if you use 360, it tells you) to make the CPU do the moves for you to block. They will repeat over and over again.

[quote name='distgfx']Nope, it disappeared for the PS3 a few days for release. Thank god I managed to snag a code for each system when I saw that. Ty axc and gamefaqs! Heh

Attach a picture on your amazon order details and say you haven't received your code yet. They'll send you back a code saying they verified your order and you can then redeem it on the link above as well.[/QUOTE]

Well Namco was nice enough to send me a code as well following the same steps you did. Thanks.

[quote name='FroMann']Actually it is. There is a mode select once you start practicing. Select DEFENSIVE TRAINING. Select some moves for the CPU to use. Then press Select+O (or B or something if you use 360, it tells you) to make the CPU do the moves for you to block. They will repeat over and over again.[/QUOTE]
arghhh

freakin defensive training
sounds like i'm driving

[quote name='asianxcore']I don't need excuses. I need Phoenix Wright in TvC[/QUOTE]
They could've just shrunk the word "OBJECTION" to be the same size as "IGARI". Lazy!

[quote name='kainzero']arghhh

freakin defensive training
sounds like i'm driving[/QUOTE]

The best defense is a good offense. Just like driving. Motherfucker's try to pull some juggle combo shit, I punch them in the balls. VF taught me the power of the crouching jab. Motherfuckerrs try to cut me off, I wall carry them off the road, unless they are driving an SUV too, then I just block.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']They could've just shrunk the word "OBJECTION" to be the same size as "IGARI". Lazy![/QUOTE]

Hell if they are THAT lazy. Gimme Edgey.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']The best defense is a good offense. Just like driving. Motherfucker's try to pull some juggle combo shit, I punch them in the balls. VF taught me the power of the crouching jab. Motherfuckerrs try to cut me off, I wall carry them off the road, unless they are driving an SUV too, then I just block.[/QUOTE]

Low parry to your death

[quote name='heavyd853']Low parry to your death[/QUOTE]

Fun Fact: Both things I listed would probably lead me to my demise, either in Tekken 6 or Real Life.

Yo what is the warranty for the TE? I can't really do 1P-side QCF motions anymore.

I thought it was just me at first, but after more testing there is definitely something wrong with the stick. VERY frustrating because I just picked up Tekken 6 for 360 today :(

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Yo what is the warranty for the TE? I can't really do 1P-side QCF motions anymore.

I thought it was just me at first, but after more testing there is definitely something wrong with the stick. VERY frustrating because I just picked up Tekken 6 for 360 today :([/QUOTE]

You mean the time frame? I believe it was 90 days for a free repair, but you had to pay shipping.

[quote name='distgfx']You mean the time frame? I believe it was 90 days for a free repair, but you had to pay shipping.[/QUOTE]

UGH.

I'll have to try calling Mad Catz I guess? I don't know, very frustrating considering the price of the item.

Between this and losing a $150 dollar check, today is shaping up to be a pretty horrible day.

To summarize:
- 8 person online lobbies
- Winner/Loser out matches (I'm assuming they'll be both)
- One round matches (?)
- Ryu hates Cars and Barrels

Sounds awesome to me. Hopefully SF4 owners get a better bonus than just costumes transferring to SSFIV.

The one round matches seem random, but I guess we'll get more info on that as it comes.

Definitely psyched about Capcom bringing back the random as hell Bonus Stages. Where my flaming oil drums at?

I love that I didn't really play any other game in 2009 other than SFIV (210 hours on PS3, 50-60 on Xbox 360) and 2010 probably won't be any different :)

Tekken 6 hasnt been getting as much love as I want to give it soley due to me barely being home, always working on assignments, building an iphone app for the guys I work for, and wanting to finish Ballad of Gay Tony. Thankfully I'm almost done with those and even better Tekken 6 PSP is comin out in a few weeks so I dont have to worry about being home.

RUMOR: Multi-platform Dead or Alive 5 in development.

PLEASE BE TRUE!!!

PLEASE BE GOOD!!!

PLEASE FIX THE fuckING COUNTER SYSTEM!!!

Seriously, the faster pace of DOA4 broke the 4-point counter system introduced in DOA:U. There was nowhere near enough time to read whether an incoming kick was low, mid or high and react to it. Counters in DOA4 were mostly luck.

[quote name='asianxcore']The one round matches seem random, but I guess we'll get more info on that as it comes.

Definitely psyched about Capcom bringing back the random as hell Bonus Stages. Where my flaming oil drums at?

I love that I didn't really play any other game in 2009 other than SFIV (210 hours on PS3, 50-60 on Xbox 360) and 2010 probably won't be any different :)[/QUOTE]

I don't know what the 1 round matches are to be honest. You could set 1 round matches in SF4, so why is it special in this exactly?

Honestly, I'm still hoping for a TE Stick bundle with SSF4. Because if there is one, I'll get that. I also think SSF4 is coming out in May/June.

What was the deal with the different colored "teams" in the first mode?
Is that like a different way of rotating out opponents in a lobby (as opposed to the usual "winner stays" method)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back