General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Yeah, when I found that out I was sad :([/QUOTE]

Oh I was wondering how you were 5 and 10 and a 1st Dan. Kinda disappointed in that now. I thought they would've kept the ranking from offline and online separated.

I email Amazon about the CTS code, they email me back saying it could be up to ten days. I guess I'll wait it out and ask what is up than, though seems odd why it would take so long as other preorder digital codes have been email to me within a day or two.

[quote name='Thongsy']Oh I was wondering how you were 5 and 10 and a 1st Dan. Kinda disappointed in that now. I thought they would've kept the ranking from offline and online separated.

I email Amazon about the CTS code, they email me back saying it could be up to ten days. I guess I'll wait it out and ask what is up than, though seems odd why it would take so long as other preorder digital codes have been email to me within a day or two.[/QUOTE]

I got the same response from them and that was on Wednesday. Hopefully we will still be getting the codes..

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2009/nov/01/more-ssf4-details-show-france/

• He confirmed characters will have two Ultra moves.

• Some of the new commands to execute an Ultra are very unique.

• There were 8 selectable character spots on the select screen with only Juri, T. Hawk and Dee Jay selectable.

• The character select screen is completely different than it was in Street Fighter 4.

• Yoshinori Ono is still pushing hard to get an arcade version made.

• He was asked if the big announcement next week will relate to characters or new online modes, Ono said it was the latter.

• Dee Jay's Machine Gun Punch is now a mash punch command. It's no longer done by charging down and then pressing up + punch.

• T. Hawk's Condor Spire (horizontal Hawk Dive) is a reverse Dragon Punch command.

• You can follow an EX-Tomahawk Buster with an EX-Condor Dive. This takes two EX meters.

• Yoshinori feels that a Darkstalkers revival is possible.

• Throws are too easy to land in Capcom's eyes and they plan to tweak some things to fix this. Ono wants jumps to have fewer startup frames.

• Capcom wants to give the rest of the cast more tools for countering Dragon Punch/Tiger Uppercut attacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it means of a revival of the Darkstalkers series, not one of the characters being in SSF4.

I would kill Rolento for Night Warriors HD Remix.

Is everyone here thinking about buying Super Street Fighter IV? I wanted to get into the series and I thought this game would be a good start. The thing I am worried about is that no one will buy it, resulting in less people being online. Will more people buy Super Street Fighter IV or stick with the Original Street Fighter IV?

Is everyone here thinking about buying Super Street Fighter IV? I wanted to get into the series and I thought this game would be a good start. The thing I am worried about is that no one will buy it, resulting in less people being online.

Will more people buy Super Street Fighter IV or stick with the Original Street Fighter IV?

[quote name='FroMann']Is everyone here thinking about buying Super Street Fighter IV? I wanted to get into the series and I thought this game would be a good start. The thing I am worried about is that no one will buy it, resulting in less people being online.

Will more people buy Super Street Fighter IV or stick with the Original Street Fighter IV?[/QUOTE]

I'm buying Super Street Fighter IV and everyone else I know is. I don't honestly see why anyone who liked SFIV wouldn't buy it.

EDIT: Seems the eventhubs link got updated, replaced the bullet points with the new ones on my last post.

[quote name='FroMann']Is everyone here thinking about buying Super Street Fighter IV? I wanted to get into the series and I thought this game would be a good start. The thing I am worried about is that no one will buy it, resulting in less people being online.

Will more people buy Super Street Fighter IV or stick with the Original Street Fighter IV?[/QUOTE]Just check your area Target stores--they're clearing out SFIV for $10. Get it at that price now and then get SSFIV when it comes out. Bada-bing! Bada-boom! Best of both worlds.

Everyone in this thread is buying SSF4, I can all but guarantee that. It's just a matter of what console everyone gets it on.

Also... what's up with the MvC2 TE? Is that still coming out?? I did notice just now that the Capcom store has the Femme Fatale TE available (http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcomus/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.158251300)

I really, really want one of these Resident Evil shirts that you get for free for pre-ordering Darkside Chronicles, but I don't really want that game. (http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcomus/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.155618800) I would just buy it and then sell off the game, but I'm afraid that the shirt is gonna be an XL.

@markman: thanks for the Alisa and J6 combos, both worked great. Do you have BnB stuff for A. King and King?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Everyone in this thread is buying SSF4, I can all but guarantee that. It's just a matter of what console everyone gets it on.[/QUOTE]

*crosses fingers for PC release* :pray:

PS3 and PC, I'd totally double dip for the PC version again.

[quote name='Rodimus']Anyone else stuck at the Nightmare Train? It's the last thing I have to do besides completing the Gallery. I have Paul beefed up pretty good, but just can't hang in there till Devil Jin arives.

No Yoshi code yet. Anyone get theirs?[/QUOTE]

Make sure both your characters have good stats, keep playing the level to get Rank S items.

Some good stats:

1. Lots of extra health
2. High item drop percentage
3. Lots of extra damage
4. Maybe some kind of defense multiplier
5. Whatever you think is best... I find that elemental multipliers help

I got my Tekken bundle in the mail today (still no Yoshi code) and returned my other copy of the game to GameStop.. gonna try out the stick when I get home.. it doesn't look too bad. This will be the first game I get 1000/1000 in, since it was so easy. I also ended up getting 200/200 in SF2 Remix and Doritos Dick Attack. Good times. :bomb:

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I love how he's like "online play, only the shitty may apply," then he QQs hardcore afterwards.

I LOVE IT.[/QUOTE]

Straight up, DSP annoys me.

I have full respect for him as a tournament player, but many of the comments he makes during his matches are what I hear random scrubs say when they get beasted on.

When he's winning, the other guy is garbage.
When he's losing, it's always because online play is craptastic and input lag is 6 days long.

For a dude who hates online play so much, he's obviously been playing SFIV online a lot. Surprised he hasn't had a heart attack yet.

SSFIV on PS3 for me..

One thing I like that Tekken did with online that I wish SFIV would pick up on is that before you jump online you choose your character before the match ever begins... I like it better than blind select.

Phrost - Thanks, I actually beat it a couple nights ago. It's wasn't that hard once I had the proper equipment.

I dressed up my Bob to look like Rufus. Just seems fitting. Anyone else have some creative outfits?

[quote name='Rodimus']Phrost - Thanks, I actually beat it a couple nights ago. It's wasn't that hard once I had the proper equipment.

I dressed up my Bob to look like Rufus. Just seems fitting. Anyone else have some creative outfits?[/QUOTE]

I normally prefer my characters to look original instead of something already known (other than my Soul Calibur Jesus). I wanna load up on more tekken money tonight since I was out all weekend partying holloween >_<

I already wear a ring (The One Ring... yes I've had it since graduating high school... fucking nerd material) but I'd get this to show my tekken love:

1_115597_up.jpg

I honestly didn't think the lighters looked that great, but it's prob just not my style.

U smoke MM? I strictly smoke cigars so I can understand the pleasures... or habits lol

Alot of the T6 endings suck, but there's some golden ones in there.

Ones to note are the Roger Jr., Mokujin, Kaz/Hei, and Anna ones... others are good but not that great.

man, my julia sucks

all i do is spam unsafe launchers and miss wall combos

where can i find easy to digest general strategies, since tz is a mess right now

I am starting to play unranked matches in 4 player rooms on Tekken 6, and I am having a much better experience online. Most of the sessions are green, so not much lag at all. No ranks unfortunately, but ranked matches consist of players with lag that button mash with Law and Eddy.

[quote name='kainzero']how much and where is that $40 madcatz SE deal? i want one.[/QUOTE]
Deal is at Fry's, and I believe the price will last until November 5th

[quote name='kainzero']how much and where is that $40 madcatz SE deal? i want one.[/QUOTE]
how much is $40? you dumbass

[quote name='MarkMan']Something is coming real soon, for tekken owners.[/QUOTE]

AN ONLINE PATCH!?!?!?!?!?!?! :D:D:D

Probably not. :cry:

[quote name='distgfx']AN ONLINE PATCH!?!?!?!?!?!?! :D:D:D

Probably not. :cry:
[/QUOTE]

DLC!!!

New netcode patch, 400 spacebucks!

REAL netcode patch, 800 spacebucks!

Nacho Hat for paul phoenix, 1200 spacebucks!

This is COMPLETELY unrelated to anything FGT, but since this is the only forum I post in I figured I would ask here..

Does anyone know if Red Box has Blu-Ray discs?

[quote name='MarkMan']Something is coming real soon, for tekken owners.[/QUOTE]

You mean two things, right? Patch and T6 PSP are what I expect.

So far still thinking T6 is worth more than I paid.

also those who missed the news:

SSFIV:

Bonus stages confirmed back

LOBBIES!!!!

2v2, or 4v4

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']
also those who missed the news:
SSFIV:
Bonus stages confirmed back
LOBBIES!!!!
2v2, or 4v4[/QUOTE]

YES!!!
Even though it pretty much was already confirmed.

I also played 1 match of Tekken 6 online, it was a pretty laggy game. Luckily, I won and that was the rest of my online experience for the night. SFIV lag is a little bearable, but Tekken lag kills me.

damn u guys and your single player mode... all I do is play online and dont even have enough gold to customize one character >_<

I got enough gold to finally get the pigtails off xiaoyu coz I aint no pedo man...

it's so weird the long hair version of her... mainly coz I have never met a girl with long hair whose hair consistently stays over and around her ears.

especially in the heat of rigorous physical activity... that shyt jus doesnt make any sense to me o_O

[quote name='JEKKI']damn u guys and your single player mode... all I do is play online and dont even have enough gold to customize one character >_<

I got enough gold to finally get the pigtails off xiaoyu coz I aint no pedo man...

it's so weird the long hair version of her... mainly coz I have never met a girl with long hair whose hair consistently stays over and around her ears.

especially in the heat of rigorous physical activity... that shyt jus doesnt make any sense to me o_O[/QUOTE]

well look at it this way: While I play scenario mode to unlock crap, I really would rather be playing the main game... >_

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back