General Gaming Thread #10 goes to Hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']It's up near the top for me.
I can't think of Miyazaki's film that wasn't good though...[/QUOTE]
Neither can I... Speaking of which, I just watched Castle of Cagliostro.

IT WAS fuckING AWESOME!

David Hayter as Lupin the 3rd was so ridiculously cool.

I was going to watch Castle of Cagliostro on Netflix but they don't stream it anymore. I guess I could add it to my list.

I'm kinda of interested in Metro 2033(Which also comes out in March...). But from previews it sounds like there would be lots of ammo management involved(Apparently you use ammo as money). So maybe I'll just check the book out instead.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Neither can I... Speaking of which, I just watched Castle of Cagliostro.

IT WAS fuckING AWESOME!

David Hayter as Lupin the 3rd was so ridiculously cool.[/QUOTE]

David Hayter as anyone is awesome.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']
I'm kinda of interested in Metro 2033(Which also comes out in March...). But from previews it sounds like there would be lots of ammo management involved(Apparently you use ammo as money). So maybe I'll just check the book out instead.[/QUOTE]

I actually looked into getting the book, because I love book/game adaptations for some reason (see: the witcher), but I couldn't find an english version of the book. Maybe didn't look hard enough.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Neither can I... Speaking of which, I just watched Castle of Cagliostro.

IT WAS fuckING AWESOME!

David Hayter as Lupin the 3rd was so ridiculously cool.[/QUOTE]
I prefer the TV show's cast (the Adult Swim-aired series) to the Cagliostro cast.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I actually looked into getting the book, because I love book/game adaptations for some reason (see: the witcher), but I couldn't find an english version of the book. Maybe didn't look hard enough.[/QUOTE]
Apparently they are going to release a translation around the same time the game comes out. Atleast thast what I heard on RebelFM 2 weeks ago.

Edit: I found a listing for it on Amazon.

Speaking of The Witcher, I tried it and I think I don't like it. I'm still at the start of the game so maybe it gets better later on. I'll try and put a little more time in after I try out S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I prefer the TV show's cast (the Adult Swim-aired series) to the Cagliostro cast.[/QUOTE]
I'm kinda the same. To me, Lupin is kinda like Batman.

Batman is Kevin Conroy to me, Lupin is whoever voiced him in the AS dub.

While that is, though, I enjoy hearing other people try to pull off that character's voice (David Hayter as Lupin, Jeremy Sisto as Batman). Except when it's completely off.

(Punches William Baldwin)

Yeah, watching anyone else do Batman's voice is just strange. William Baldwin is doing his voice again in the new Crisis on two Earths right?(Along with...Nolan North)

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Yeah, watching anyone else do Batman's voice is just strange. William Baldwin is doing his voice again in the new Crisis on two Earths right?(Along with...Nolan North)[/QUOTE]
Yes, and while it is a fine film (IMO the best DCAU film involving the League), Baldwin's Batman really broke it for me. Mark Harmon is believable as Superman, but Baldwin just sounds totally un-Batman the entire movie, he even does some very un-Batman things.

And Nolan North isn't bad at all in the film! He does a great Hal Jordan! So does Josh Keaton who plays an excellent Flash!

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']It's not Miyazaki's newest, but don't listen to the haters. Howl's Moving Castle is the shit.[/QUOTE]
No it isn't.
[quote name='dallow']Ponyo was pretty good. Saw it in theaters, loved it until the super cheesy English song during the credits which made me and my lady friend groan.[/QUOTE]
Ponyo was terrible.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']It's up near the top for me.
I can't think of Miyazaki's film that wasn't good though...[/QUOTE]
I can't think of a Miyazaki film that is good. Well except for Nausicaa. That's the only film of his I liked. I'd say Cagliostro as well, but that's more because Lupin is awesome.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']And Nolan North isn't bad at all in the film! He does a great Hal Jordan! So does Josh Keaton who plays an excellent Flash![/QUOTE]
I'm not complaining it's just that he is everywhere.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I'm not complaining it's just that he is everywhere.[/QUOTE]
I know, I was just saying, man... He is reallly, really, really awesome as Hal! When I saw the credits I totally freaked out from surprise! It was amazing.

He is everywhere, though.. You're right. I kinda wish David Hayter was in stuff that often.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']No it isn't.

Ponyo was terrible.

I can't think of a Miyazaki film that is good. Well except for Nausicaa. That's the only film of his I liked. I'd say Cagliostro as well, but that's more because Lupin is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Howl's, Totoro, Spirited Away, Mononoke, Kiki's... the only two I haven't seen but I give the benefit of the doubt to are Cagliostro and Porco Rosso. Miyazaki flims are the shit. I'm sorry you can't appreciate them. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='corrosivefrost']How's, Totoro, Spirited Away, Mononoke, Kiki's... the only two I haven't seen but I give the benefit of the doubt to are Cagliostro and Porco Rosso. Miyazaki flims are the shit. I'm sorry you can't appreciate them. :p[/QUOTE]
Totoro - Boring
Spirited Away - Probably one of the worst movies I've seen
Mononoke - Ok, this one wasn't bad. It was ok.
Kiki - Also not bad. MIGHT have liked this as a kid
Porco Rosso - Haven't seen.

Yeah, well I don't like Disney movies either and that's how Miyazaki films feel to me. I hate stupid, whimsical shit. Maybe if I were still a child I might find them amusing, and that's still a big maybe. Even as a kid I wasn't into "kids" programming unless it was more serious and realistic in tone.

I still rewatch Mononoke, Spirited Away, and Nausicaa from time to time. Though mononoke put me to sleep last time I watched it a few weeks ago...but the trailer for it at Spike and Mike's Twisted Animation Fest in late 1999 blew me away.

Uh oh, I see Darksiders for $40 on Amazon. I'm so tempted to get it. Also tempted to get the first season of Full Metal Alchemist for $35, just after I bought Gundam Seed Collection 2 today.

I did play more Star Ocean 4 today.....almost 10 hours.

Anyone ever have this problem before?

I got to the second disk of Mass Effect 2 and when it's just sitting in the console there's a slight....rattling(?) noise? I dunno, it's hard to describe. No other disk is doing it.

I took the disk out and it does look a little warped. Don't trust it, looks like I'll have to do an exchange.

[quote name='seanr1221']Anyone ever have this problem before?

I got to the second disk of Mass Effect 2 and when it's just sitting in the console there's a slight....rattling(?) noise? I dunno, it's hard to describe. No other disk is doing it.

I took the disk out and it does look a little warped. Don't trust it, looks like I'll have to do an exchange.[/QUOTE]

just install it. problem solved.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']that sounds about right.
i like my games to be challenging to a point, depending on the genre -- with dragon age, i probably would've been okay with playing on easy even. i played/beat on normal though. and that last fight... i ended up kind of glitching it, because it wasn't playing fair and the AI was being stupid. partially my fault because i never used the whole "gambit" system (whatever it's called) to fix my people's actions.

Oh well, suck an egg, Archfiend.[/QUOTE]
This Fade bullshit they stuck inside the Circle of Magi quest is booooring.

[quote name='seanr1221']That's the thing, this isn't happening when it's reading the disk.

It's at the dashboard.[/QUOTE]
I'd exchange it. I'm actually kind of scared of things like that ever since a bad Rogue Galaxy disc got stuck in my PS3. Luckily it finally ejected, but I got a bit nervous for awhile...

[quote name='pete5883']This Fade bullshit they stuck inside the Circle of Magi quest is booooring.[/QUOTE]

Easily the worst shit in the game. With the random shape changing and whatnot... ugh. The only good thing was that you could level quickly since you had to run a bunch of it solo and you could also get permanent stat bonuses if you were thorough in your exploration.

Only good thing about the Fade is once you know what you're doing it's so quick. I've beaten the game about 6 times, and I can knock the Fade out in about 20 minutes.

How long is bioshock? I'm trying to decide what I should start playing now.

Darksiders is looking pretty good too. hmm.

[quote name='BlueScrote']How long is bioshock? I'm trying to decide what I should start playing now.
[/QUOTE]

The first one? I think it took me 17 or 18 hours to beat it. Haven't played the 2nd yet.

[quote name='BlueScrote']The first one is that long? I was expecting an answer like 8-12 hours.[/QUOTE]
Yep! It is pretty good sized if you do almost everything. Also the replayability from choosing to save or harvest little sisters adds a bit to the experience. I had about a 19 hour playthrough my first time, I think.

-------------

So, today I got my tax refund! Can ya'll refer me some cheap PS3 games to get? I'd really like to pick up one or two.

And before anyone suggests it, I'm sorry to say it, but I didn't like Valkyria Chronicles all that much.

[quote name='BlueScrote']The first one is that long? I was expecting an answer like 8-12 hours.[/QUOTE]

8-13 depending on how slow you are. ;)
I think 10-13 is about average.

Darksiders took me less than 25, BS.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Damn, the only way to get that FF13 faceplate is to order that crappy 360 bundle.[/QUOTE]
I know it sucks. I'd actually get the 360 bundle if it wasn't a pile of shit. Anyway, I'll get a faceplate anyway from work...

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Spirited Away is the kind of movie I thought I was SO COOL for liking when I was like 14. It's really lame.[/QUOTE]

It sure is. I can't wait until I can look back on playing 360 in 10 years and be like... "I can't believe I played that shit. It's SO lame."

[quote name='corrosivefrost']It sure is. I can't wait until I can look back on playing 360 in 10 years and be like... "I can't believe I played that shit. It's SO lame."[/QUOTE]
I already do that with most of my NES games...

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I know it sucks. I'd actually get the 360 bundle if it wasn't a pile of shit. Anyway, I'll get a faceplate anyway from work...[/QUOTE]
The only way I would have gotten it is if it weren't just a generic 360. I actually prefer that Pink FF13 PS3 Japan got.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']The only way I would have gotten it is if it weren't just a generic 360. I actually prefer that Pink FF13 PS3 Japan got.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. Make it an actual FFXIII console, and I would have also bought that one Japan got.

I tried S.T.A.L.K.E.R: CoP tonight and man... I never thought I would miss a tutorial. I guess I'll check a FAQ and get an idea of how it plays.

Damn... stopped by target today and found out they are finally updating their clearance sections more often now. Found the latest advance wars for $8 and orange bar hotel dusk for $5... didnt get em but I feel i might have passed on something good even though I can pick em up tomorrow.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Exactly. Make it an actual FFXIII console, and I would have also bought that one Japan got.[/QUOTE]

S-E just kinda dropped the ball with the FFXIII release. All this build up for 5 years or whatever and they don't even release collector's editions in the U.S. The console bundle is super lame, though I've considered getting it since I want to replace my system anyway...

Jeebus Christ, Midnight Club LA makes me want to run babies over with cars. I'm starting over and not going with a RWD car.

[quote name='ninja dog']S-E just kinda dropped the ball with the FFXIII release. All this build up for 5 years or whatever and they don't even release collector's editions in the U.S. The console bundle is super lame, though I've considered getting it since I want to replace my system anyway...[/QUOTE]
But they had a bus drive around San Francisco for a day!!

FF fans are the fans you can so easily milk too. Those fools will buy anything with FF on it. Look at the people in the deals forum paying over $100 for the shitty UK LE.

[quote name='ninja dog']S-E just kinda dropped the ball with the FFXIII release. All this build up for 5 years or whatever and they don't even release collector's editions in the U.S. The console bundle is super lame, though I've considered getting it since I want to replace my system anyway...[/QUOTE]

I've thought about it but I just March is a crazy month for games. So I can't justify spending the money for on the Bundle... especially when I want the game on the PS3.

I would have bought a white slim bundle if it hit. I need a slim.
Just release a white system already!

---

I love Miyazaki movies, some more than others. The exact reasons Rei dislike them are why I enjoy them.

I'm actually planning on buying the FF 360 bundle because I need a 360 of my own (playing on the family console is getting old). I would get the MW2 console if I could find it for the same price and new, though... I would rather have FF13 on PS3.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']FF fans are the fans you can so easily milk too. Those fools will buy anything with FF on it. Look at the people in the deals forum paying over $100 for the shitty UK LE.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Yet they seem to be doing such a bad job with FF13 in t.he US... M$ must be paying them alot of money for that faceplate.

I just want to take the time to reiterate how much I LOVEEEE DALLOW! I just put in my order for my PS3 copy of RF:G, and Hellbook. :D Thanks again, Dallow!

Started Dante's Inferno, and it's not bad so far. Dante always has a oddly goofy look on his face whenever he speaks to someone. If you are into trophies/achievements, this is the game for you - I haven't gone more than 10 minutes without one hitting so far.

I dub the "judge these famous sinners" mini-game Dance Dance Absolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back