General Gaming Thread #10 goes to Hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy it used w/ edge and the Darksiders deal only saves you 11.00

Cool freebie, but nothing to lose sleep over if you can't find a code.

[quote name='pete5883']dallow, why are you getting the foreign Heavy Rain?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Collector's edition.[/QUOTE]
Missed this, but Rei got it.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Isn't RF:G a platinum hits game now? $29.99 MSRP? Probably cheaper used at Rei's place of employment?

In fact, I just checked, it's $20.00. Yeah, a free game is nice, but if you discount the shipping, you're only making out with $15 to your credit... I dunno, even for free, I have little interest in the game... but that's just me. :) As long as you're having *fun* while trying to find a code, I suppose that's what counts. ;)[/QUOTE]
Exactly. With my employee discount I barely save at all with this deal.

I had a darksiders code so I used it. Would like to get the missing cheese from RFG someday.

Damn, I didn't realize that FF13 and the Dragon Age Expansion pack were coming out so close to each other... I guess I'll have to skip God of War 3(Not that I feel bad about that) and Yakuza 3 after all.

After Heavy Rain and FFXIII, I'm dumping my 60 GB PS3, pick up a slim later. Also dumping my 360 and selling a ton of shit. Need dat cheddar.

Always have my PC for serious gaming anyway. BIG COMFY COUCH

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Damn, I didn't realize that FF13 and the Dragon Age Expansion pack were coming out so close to each other... I guess I'll have to skip God of War 3(Not that I feel bad about that) and Yakuza 3 after all.[/QUOTE]

:wall:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Is GoW3 really $40 at Amazon? That might convince me to pick it up there instead of GS.[/QUOTE]

After triple stack ECA shenanigans, it is.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']After triple stack ECA shenanigans, it is.[/QUOTE]

oh, screw you to hell. [in a friendly manner, of course]
i joined the ECA and all i got was the pain in my groinal region that stemmed from having to cancel the subscription prior to being charged by means of certified mail. :bomb:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']oh, screw you to hell. [in a friendly manner, of course]
i joined the ECA and all i got was the pain in my groinal region that stemmed from having to cancel the subscription prior to being charged by means of certified mail. :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Same, except minus a little pain because I never got far enough into joining to give them my credit card to get full member access.

I wish I'd have got some of those sexy ECA codes.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Damn, I didn't realize that FF13 and the Dragon Age Expansion pack were coming out so close to each other... I guess I'll have to skip God of War 3(Not that I feel bad about that) and Yakuza 3 after all.[/QUOTE]
I'll be getting them all.

i keep forgetting to cancel it...they ever put a cancel button on their site? the card I entered expires before the renewal time is up anyway, so I'll just let them deal with it.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I'll be getting them all.[/QUOTE]
If it were just those games games coming out that month I'd be fine. But there are also some movies(Gundam and Toy Story 1-2) and PAX. I have to cut corners somewhere. And it's not like I'll be playing those games anytime soon.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']If it were just those games games coming out that month I'd be fine. But there are also some movies(Gundam and Toy Story 1-2) and PAX. I have to cut corners somewhere. And it's not like I'll be playing those games anytime soon.[/QUOTE]
My tax refund is taking care of all of it, and pretty much all my games for the rest of the year.

I got fucked over on my tax refund. Somehow one of my bosses screwed up on my paychecks. But my tax refund will at least cover my trip to Boston. Also I've got a few figures that I'm sure will be pushed back...another month.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']If it were just those games games coming out that month I'd be fine. But there are also some movies(Gundam and Toy Story 1-2) and PAX. I have to cut corners somewhere. And it's not like I'll be playing those games anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I don't see the point of buying a bunch of stuff at launch that you won't have time to play anyway.

Prioritize by what you want to play most, launch day deals/pre-order bonuses, and put off the rest and hope there are deals between launch and when you have time to play them. If not, you at least spread the cost out some. If there are you save some cash rather than paying full price to have it sitting on the shelf until you get time to play it.

I'm not sure why I'm playing blue dragon.

I'm not sure if it's any good or not. Just kinda deciding if it should get sold.. I could send you my copy, mana. Or trade or something.

[quote name='dallow']White Knigh Chronicles is so good.
I can't believe the criminally poor reviews. First time in a long time I felt they "got it wrong" for the most part. None of them played online outside the first quest, which is probably why.
Doing quests online with friends, visiting/farming their towns, it's all a blast.
Some of the Cag guys on my lists are already at ridiculous levels.... sheeit, I was busy all weekend. :(

Singleplayer is straight forward enough, but decent.
Has that simple 'classic RPG' charm that Blue Dragon had.

It's a solid 7-8 for me.[/QUOTE]I agree with you. I totally disagree w/ reviewers. Although I'm mostly playing it single player, I absolutely enjoy it. It does have that classic RPG charm, which is why I constantly want to play it. The characters are so likeable and the story is good.

I'll probably play WKC or SO4 tonight. Also looking to play Sky Crawlers on Wii, which I haven't touched since I got it (because I started playing TVC).

Eh... losing interest in Fallout 3. Once I got to Rivet City it kind of turned me off (although C.Joel said that's where he started loving it) every door is locked and the objectives are never really that clear. It's a pain trying to figure out what I have to do and there are a bunch of bugs that make it feel clunky. What is the big reason people are utterly in love with this game? Does it get to a point where it all clicks and is just fantastic?

Ugh, I wish it was my type. Oblivion was a game I REALLY wanted to like also, but I just could not get into it... and I don't quite understand how people say ME1 and ME2 are really boring, but don't get bored from Fallout 3.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Rivet City Ransom. Best parts of Fallout 3 are VATS and getting PC mods. Lightsabers and Unreal Tournament announcer mods all day. HEADSHOT!![/QUOTE]

Yea, I like the VATs system. But right now it is so inaccurate... full auto on some guys head 10 feet away and every bullet misses him.

Yeah, Frost and Dog are right, DNB, it looks like it just isn't your type of game. Sorry, man. I actually really wanted to like Oblivion too, but I just really couldn't get into it for some reason... Probably just because I'm more of a sci-fi buff than a swords and sorcery guy. Mass Effect and Fallout/Oblivion are just different kinds of RPGs so I can see why some people think one's boring but the other isn't.

Did you like anything about the Fallout experience? My favorite thing was probably the exploration and the amount of stuff in the world, everything from Rivet City onward I absolutely loved.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Yeah, Frost and Dog are right, DNB, it looks like it just isn't your type of game. Sorry, man. I actually really wanted to like Oblivion too, but I just really couldn't get into it for some reason... Probably just because I'm more of a sci-fi buff than a swords and sorcery guy. Mass Effect and Fallout/Oblivion are just different kinds of RPGs so I can see why some people think one's boring but the other isn't.

Did you like anything about the Fallout experience? My favorite thing was probably the exploration and the amount of stuff in the world, everything from Rivet City onward I absolutely loved.[/QUOTE]
Yea, it's a bummer. I'll still try playing more though. I enjoyed exploring creepy ass places while listening to some old timey music. But, I think from that type of game I want more good loot, it seems like 98% of the stuff you pick up is junk or stuff you already have. If the game had a balance between Fallout 3 and Borderlands I'd like it better. And I hate that feeling of being too weak (like you should not be here) and having to slowly run away (there is no run button) while 6 guys are shooting you in the back... it's just frustrating.

gundam movie?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Fallout 3 I will be honest bored me but I enjoyed it.

After playing fallout 3 it made me wish they woudlve gone back and redone Oblivion in F3's engine.[/QUOTE]

Fallout 3 is on Oblivion's engine (the Gamebryo engine), it's just more optimized. Would be nice if Oblivion ran smoother and looked better on the 360.

Will my items, armor, stats, etc transfer over if I import my character from Dragon Age: Origins?

Almost all items are imported with your character. The only exceptions are the Origins promotional items and DLC loot, which were meant for Origins alone.

That leaves a real sour taste in my mouth, speaking I have bought all the DLC and will get Origins day one.

So now I keep like 150 poultices on hand at a time, put the difficulty back to normal, and I enjoy Dragon Age again. Thanks GGT. Doesn't look like I'm going to finish it by Heavy Rain-time, though.

Ok... I'm starting to like Fallout 3 more now. I'm not dying right away anymore and I really liked that part in the Simulated reality. Also, when do I get my dog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back