General Gaming Thread #10 goes to Hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though it has a thread at the VGD board, it's worth mentioning here that the [size=+1]PS3 version of flOw is FREE on PSN, today only (February 13th), until 9pm PST[/size]. Just log in to the PlayStation Store and click the "Sony make.believe" ad banner to go to the section.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387529
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252135

*Minor caveat: According to the warning in the download description, if you got it for free, then once the promotion is over, you will not be able to re-download it for free. In other words, if you delete your free flOw from your PS3 after the promotion is over, then you will need to purchase it if you want to play it again. Also, this deal is only for the US and Canada, as Sony seems to have an IP block active that is preventing people in other regions from downloading it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Crotch']Uh... no... unless you started the Landsmeet, I think.

93118796.jpg

Dalish are camped at number 2, as I recall.[/QUOTE]
#2 is blank. Someone mentioned the Landsmeet when I entered Denerim though? I think #2 has been blank since before then, though. Here's mine:

0213100025.jpg

[quote name='KingBroly']Seems Dead Rising 2 will once again feature the 1 save only mechanic. So from the bottom of my heart, I can truly say this honestly:

fuck Dead Rising 2[/QUOTE]
Thank god they didn't wuss out and change it. Maybe I'll actually play it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, I finally found something to play! I traded in my gold edition of MUA1 a while back because other than Venom and Doom I never played anyone in the DLC packs and I had another copy lying around that I'd recieved as a gift. See, when I first got the gold edition the first time, I immediately put in the codes for all the characters because I kinda don't have any patience at all when it comes to those things in a superhero game, which (I didn't know at the time) disabled achievements (but not saving like MUA2, fuck Vicarious Visions), I totally regretted it afterwards because I couldn't earn the achievements with my friends when we played. So last night, I loaded up my regular non-gold copy and I tried to load a game and no dice.. It wouldn't load my gold saves, so I start a new game and when I get to the first X-traction point I go to change my team and BAM! I have all characters and all costumes still unlocked and I'm still able to get achievements! IT IS AWESOME!!!

Just started ME2. Awesome so far. Is anyones game a little...too dark?

I adjusted the brightness to 4, but when I'm indoors, Shepard's back is almost black.

[quote name='seanr1221']Just started ME2. Awesome so far. Is anyones game a little...too dark?

I adjusted the brightness to 4, but when I'm indoors, Shepard's back is almost black.[/QUOTE]
I didn't have that problem at all...

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I didn't have that problem at all...[/QUOTE]

I just
saw Tali for the first time

Maybe it gets better later?

[quote name='seanr1221']I just
saw Tali for the first time

Maybe it gets better later?[/QUOTE]
Maybe, but I don't ever remember having that problem.

I don't remember ME2 being too dark to see. It's definitely a darker game though.

I started ODST...that game is pitch black in the hub world. I had to turn up the in-game brightness and I always have the visor on in the hub world.

[quote name='pete5883']#2 is blank. Someone mentioned the Landsmeet when I entered Denerim though? I think #2 has been blank since before then, though. Here's mine:

0213100025.jpg

[/QUOTE]

It's the icon with the tree next to where it says Brecilian Forest

I'll just say that many games have really fucked up video and audio levels so I have to adjust more than I want to on a game to game basis when if my TV is properly calibrated, (which it is), they should all be fine.

Wish they could standardize that crap as has been done with film and music recordings.

Some games get too dark on my plasma, but ME2 was fine. Playing Halo 3 this morning was too dark.

[quote name='mykevermin']Cross yer fingers and pray to yer gods. I'm trying my second to last attempt to copy my old PS3 data to my new console.

I still can't remember anything about my Japanese account - the PSN name, the email I used, any of that shit. That's a lotta money just lost.[/QUOTE]
You got the old one running?
Second attempt to copy or to get it running?

Real shame about the JPN account. :(
I'm assuming you don't have an email account out there that may have the old PSN emails sent by SCEJ?

I don't seem to know what it is. I've tried all the regular emails I use. I can't figure out what fuckin' out there email address I must have used for it.

All I can remember is the PSN ID, and that ain't enough to go by.

I can't get the system to boot, otherwise I'd do a data transfer. I'm going to borrow a heat gun from someone and try to resurrect it.

I've tried to talk things over w/ Sony CS, but they're fucking narcissistic and not at all helpful. Every time I think about the fact that their CS tells me I needed a backup of a hard drive image in order to access the data from the hard drive (when the original hard drive is perfectly fine and has not problems whatsoever working) is fucking *INFURIATING*. It works, it has data on it, it has access to my money and my property on it, and yet I'm totally fucked 110%.

Next time I'll know better about being sure I backup my HDD so I can access my data in case my HDD continues to work and the console it's married to doesn't.

For as much shit as people give MS about proprietary HDDs, XBL tags and DRM with their consoles, Sony has taken the motherfucking prize hands down in terms of the most ridiculous example of bureaucratic ritualism I have experienced this generation. I don't care about the gamesaves (not even my 80 hours on FFXIII, which I was close to getting a platinum trophy on) anymore. I have about $80-100 in content and money on my JPN account, and Sony is just shrugging and putting their hands in the air on this one.

Exchange I had with CS this morning after determining that I could not get a guarantee of a repair over a refurb if I paid them damn near $200 to fix it (repair = I can use my old HDD again, refurb = my JPN account is dead).

me: "so, I'm pretty much up a fucking creek, aren't I?"
Sony CS: "well, I wouldn't word it like that, but yeah."

I'm just as livid now as I was 7 days ago. They truly couldn't give a fuck.

Sorry to hear about that myke.

Off that topic - This guy on Ebay just messaged me wanting to buy my Collectors Armor (ME2) for $25 bucks and he is from France. I told him to send the funds to my Paypal account and I'll send it once I get the money. He sent it and now I have to wait 3 days to transfer it into my bank... should I wait for it to fully transfer into my account? Because he can take his money back before then right? Or am I good now?

Thanks... new to all this.

I bought Mount and Blade based solely on this reddit comment
[quote name='colias']Buy this now. It's realtime viking pokemon for adults.[/quote]

I hope it's as good as that description.

Did he have good feedback?
Doesn't matter if it gets transferred to your account, Paypal can still take it back.
Just send him the code now. (if he had good feedback)

I played some Star Ocean 4 today, but only just under 5 hours into it (trying to catch it up). Still playing White Knight Chronicles also.

Yesterday I decided to play some PSP, mostly I just played fighters.

I also went ahead and ordered Blue Dragon for $15 on Amazon. I honestly miss the game for some reason.

This week I'm picking up Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce.

Also, I preordered Battlefield: Bad Company 2, but cannot decide if I'll hold the preorder on Amazon. I preordered since my co-worker told me to download the demo, we played during our snow day and I had lots of fun. Since he's getting it, makes me tempted to buy despite me already having too much to play.

I grinded WKC last night for a few hours, found some high level towns to farm, felt good.
Randoms online were surprisingly helpful.

Won't have Heavy Rain day 1 :( since I have to wait for overseas delivery.
Actually, I have the Amazon copy coming in still if anyone wants it for $53 shipped.

Guess I'll play Deadly Premonition while I wait.

Xbox's Heavy Rain.

Nah, a budget horror game I'll be playing for the cheese factor. (and i don't mean achievements)
Early videos have a heavy "Twin Peaks" feel, but seems like it's changed a bit.

Comes out next week, $19.99
On PS3 as well in other countries, but not USA..... :shakes fist:
Not worth it for me to import.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hea2h9s6LgU

I think I my grab S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat off of Steam. The game is only $20 if you brought any of the previous S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games from them.

[quote name='DarthPuma']hey chibi, can you hold onto bs2 for a couple more days. if I end up having to pay for the car I hit last night I will be broke.[/QUOTE]
No problem.

I got a code for Red Faction, so I used it and I will be getting a copy sooner or later.

Played some more Crackdown trying to farm Vehicle points. It's so hard to raise your rank in that, so I hope they make it easier in the next game.

[quote name='KingBroly']I got a code for Red Faction, so I used it and I will be getting a copy sooner or later.

Played some more Crackdown trying to farm Vehicle points. It's so hard to raise your rank in that, so I hope they make it easier in the next game.[/QUOTE]

thats what the freaks are for
ruffian recently mentioned it'll be easier and funner to level up driving in crackdown due to the freaks

Broly, for driving i remember launching myself out of the Agency exit with the ramp and getting a lot of vehicle points in that area.

Somebody should make the Mana Knight GGT post generator. Just put in several JRPG names and it generates what he's been doing on any given date.

I'm playing darksiders with Judas Preist, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Pantera, and Anthrax playing. The game just got awesomer.

I got in a fender bender with some lady tonight. Basically both cars were at a stop and I hit the gas because I wasn't paying attention to the signal. She didn't file a police report and wanted me to pay her $400. Fortunately I knew that I had already made a big withdrawal today and my bank wouldn't authorize it, and she took that as an answer. I've given her my info but I think the best thing to do would be to call my insurance, I took it to the police afterward and they said if the damage is less than $1k they're not going to file a report.

Probably best to talk to insurance in case she decides to say she got hurt in a week. I know it was my fault, my fuckup for not looking at the light and thinking it was green, I've got no problem paying for the fender, but I don't need her saying some shit and trying to take a few thousand or something, because she claimed there was no injury, and I followed her to the skating rink where she took her kids afterward..

I haven't been in any kind of accident since high school, just don't feel right after that, even if I was going 2mph.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Broly, for driving i remember launching myself out of the Agency exit with the ramp and getting a lot of vehicle points in that area.[/QUOTE]

Well, I just managed to get to 4 Stars for driving, and got maxed out on Strength, but they had to be dicks by sending me from 80 to 90 to 99 on Agility at 4 stars, so now I'll have to find orbs. I also managed to get that one Agility orb at the top of a dome. It took me around 10 minutes to get up there.

I really don't like the third area. It's very vertical, but there's almost no way to climb up. Oh well, I managed to get like 4 driving achievements, so that's a plus.

Finished Dante's Inferno. Pretty mediocre all around. Also the last boss was a joke. I think I beat him faster than most of the normal enemies. Finally
lmao@ Lucifer's giant penis.

fuck. I started up Silent Hill 2 since it's been a few years since I played it. I was trying to open this door at the beginning and this little bug on the ground kept attacking me and actually killed me. I didn't know it was doing damage until I saw the Game Over screen. Worst death ever.

I'm buying Deadly Premonition. I don't care how bad it is. I have to play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back