General Gaming Thread #10 goes to Hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Rei no Otaku']After that point is about where the game starts to suck.
[/QUOTE]

Personally, I thought Gears 2 was great from start to finish. I didn't care for the multiplayer much, but the Gears 1 and 2 campaigns in co-op are right up there with Mass Effect 1 & 2 as my best gaming experiences this generation.

Been a while since I posted. I'm around 12 hours into WKC single player. Already crushed all games I traded in to get it (which I barely played). Absolutely falling in love with it where its dominating my PS3 play time. Really finding the characters lovable and liking the story. For some reason, its what I want to play all the time especially during my snow days.

I opened up Dante's Inferno yesterday, but did not play for long. I'll play it more later.

Finally received my Star Ocean: TLH International today. Already put 2 hours into it quickly. Looking to catch up to where I left my 360 version off within two weeks if possible. Oh course I'm liking it a lot on PS3.

Played the Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing demo on 360 and liked it. Just preordered the PS3 version with the last credit I had at GameStop.

When I play Wii, I've been playing TVC (really rocks) and New Super Mario Bros. Wii (probably my favorite Wii game, one of my favorite games this gen for sure).

For some reason I have the urge to re-buy Blue Dragon really cheap on 360.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Haha just read that. Oh boy... no more Fable.[/QUOTE]
As soon as I came into this thread and saw you say this I had to track down the info about it.

It made me a sad Panda, to say the least.

I really loved Fable 1, Fablbe 2 was pretty good, I loved the co-op, Fable 3 just sounds plain awful with the touch mechanic. Peter Molyneux needs to get his ass on making normal games again.

Finished up Ninja Blade today. The last level was fuckawful. Started to play The Darkness again, and I think I'm pretty close to the end. Mechanics in it feel strange and stiff.

Also, MW2 multiplayer is really full of retards and glitch abusers. seriously. People on XBL make me question humanity sometimes.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Personally, I thought Gears 2 was great from start to finish. I didn't care for the multiplayer much, but the Gears 1 and 2 campaigns in co-op are right up there with Mass Effect 1 & 2 as my best gaming experiences this generation.[/QUOTE]
I thought it was ok up until you go down into the Locuts base where you find Dom's wife. Game felt like it dragged so much. I actually only finished it recently, not being a shooter fan I didn't really feel like playing it much after my first attempt at it, when a friend wanted to play it co-op. We both just wanted that damn game to end after a certain point. Plus that scene where Dom finds his wife made me laugh so hard. So ridiculous.

Honestly put it on the same level as ME2? Holy shit... I'm not going to judge but, goddamn...
[quote name='CaptainJoel']As soon as I came into this thread and saw you say this I had to track down the info about it.

It made me a sad Panda, to say the least.

I really loved Fable 1, Fablbe 2 was pretty good, I loved the co-op, Fable 3 just sounds plain awful with the touch mechanic. Peter Molyneux needs to get his ass on making normal games again.[/QUOTE]
It doesn't sound that bad. Honestly, it'll probably be just like Fable 2 with a few changes. You know how Molyneux is.
[quote name='DarthPuma']I kind of really want to buy Darksiders for 40 bucks, but that would mean no Bioshock 2. Hmmmm[/QUOTE]
Bioshock 2>>>>Darksiders

Fable III sounds...ugh...like more Molyneux BS. He should just make a children's bedtime storybook on tape. It'd sell billions thanks to his soothing voice alone. Grabbing poor people and dragging them into slavery sounds tedious. And touching children...yeah...pretty sure he's wanted to do that for a while.

I want to play Crackdown, but it seems like the best option for me to play Crackdown at the moment is to buy the Games on Demand version. Everywhere it's either $30 new or $13 used. I'm probably going to go with the GoD version.

[quote name='DarthPuma']I kind of really want to buy Darksiders for 40 bucks, but that would mean no Bioshock 2. Hmmmm[/QUOTE]

If Gamestop drops the used price of Darksiders this week since they dropped the new price to 39.99, you could use this weeks coupon to get Darksiders for 23 or so with Edge if you buy Bioshock.

I'm waiting for the proper mood to start Bioshock 2 - night, a few hours, and the headphones. Not sure what game i'm going go into next - Uncharted, Darksiders, or God of War Collection.

[quote name='diddy310']If Gamestop drops the used price of Darksiders this week since they dropped the new price to 39.99, you could use this weeks coupon to get Darksiders for 23 or so with Edge.

I'm waiting for the proper mood to start Bioshock 2 - night, a few hours, and the headphones. Not sure what game i'm going go into next - Uncharted, Darksiders, or God of War Collection.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, I'll definitely wait to see if that plays out then. I could still swing Bioshock that way.

I'm starting to like Fallout3... crap. My only problem is; 1) I always feel like I'm playing it wrong 2) It feels like there are no guns and no ammo 3) Are there really that few quests at the beginning? I was expecting a ton of side quests, but I've only done 3-4 side quests and the main quests. Am i missing a bunch?

I find its best to get to a certain point in the quest before doing too many sidequests to allow yourself to build up weapons/levels. After you meet the Brotherhood of Steel for the first time is a good point since you get some good gear after that battle as well as a new mission. There's a few missions that center around the Washington Monument area that are fun.

I forgot, you may have missed a quest in Megaton - there's a girl named Lucy West in the bar who gives you one, not sure what happens to that if you blow it up before/after accepting it.

What's different in Fable III? I thought people were freaking out about Natal exclusivity with some touch gimmick, but skimming over the Joystiq and IGN articles revealed nothing about that.

I've put 20 hours into Fallout 3, but I haven't played it in a couple of weeks. I'm kind of stuck at a point where I need to finish one quest and then decide to do a bad karma quest or not. Which I probably should do for the XP.

Fable III's gimmick seems to be that you can touch children and drag bums into slavery. Also, there's no HUD, meaning regenerating health.

I want to get back into Fallout 3 and finish up the DLC and the one achievement quest I have left, but I don't own it anymore. Fo sho my favorite game of this gen.

I'm working my way through the DLC packs, just got all the Point Lookout trophies finished, don't know which one i'll buy next. If I can find a 30 dollar Sears clearance GOTY version, I may just get that since I still have 30 dollars worth of DLC to get anyway.

[quote name='DarthPuma']I want to get back into Fallout 3 and finish up the DLC and the one achievement quest I have left, but I don't own it anymore. Fo sho my favorite game of this gen.[/QUOTE]

I wanna buy the GotY version since I finished the game a while ago but never played the DLC... I'm still waiting for a price drop :lol: stupid me

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Plus that scene where Dom finds his wife made me laugh so hard. So ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
Watching Dom holding his wife, then pulling out THE WORLD'S LARGEST HANDGUN like seriously, twice the size of her head was pure hilarity, and killed any mood that scene had.

coming up on the end of Mass Effect 2..

I think the Gears games are so-so, but i've never felt the need to play them again in single player and i HATE the online modes. fuck that game.

[quote name='diddy310']I find its best to get to a certain point in the quest before doing too many sidequests to allow yourself to build up weapons/levels. After you meet the Brotherhood of Steel for the first time is a good point since you get some good gear after that battle as well as a new mission. There's a few missions that center around the Washington Monument area that are fun.

I forgot, you may have missed a quest in Megaton - there's a girl named Lucy West in the bar who gives you one, not sure what happens to that if you blow it up before/after accepting it.[/QUOTE]
Yea, I accepted that Lucy quest. I have no idea where to deliver the letter though. But, that's what I was saying - is there only 1 (outside of the main one) quest in Megaton? It seems rather low.

And also, after meeting the Brotherhood and going into the Radio building, where is the "good gear" and extra quests? All I got was the quest to retrieve the satellite thing. Thanks for the heads up.

There should've been a good amount of stuff laying about on the Brotherhood bodies and on the Behemoth, who oddly carries a lot of weapons on him, despite not using any.

There is the Wasteland Survival Guide quest (or something similar to that). Moira should still be wandering near the ruins of Megaton. Lucy's quest sends you to Arefu, northwest of Megaton/101 - on top of a bridge.

There's another in Underworld in the Museum of History near where you do the Satellite quest.

I finished Bioshock 2. I think I got the good ending?

And knowing Peter... 60% to 90% of what he says about Fable 3 will be BS.

Just finished the Heavy Rain demo. I'm still on the fence about it. It seems very interesting, but the whole QTE based mechanics have me questioning it. I guess the fact that the demo is default to Hard difficulty doesn't make it any easier to decide if I want to buy this or not.

I think I'm out of health items in Dragon Age. I may have inadvertently completed a quest where I gave away 20 lesser health poultices, and now I'm down to 1 large one. All the stores are sold out of health items (which is so fucking stupid... only in an WRPG) and I seem to have picked clean all of the elfroot on the planet that I could use to make more health poultices. Morrigan doesn't know healing magic, and I don't think I could level her up enough to learn it without any way to heal. I tried and failed a fight with a blood mage about 10 times before I realized that I was never going to win without any way to heal. Help?

Holy shit!
We has 12 inches of snow. That shattered the all time record for us.

This is crazy, my little car is completely covered, haha.
So cool!

Yeah, yeah, small time compared to you Northerners, but unheard of here.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Watching Dom holding his wife, then pulling out THE WORLD'S LARGEST HANDGUN like seriously, twice the size of her head was pure hilarity, and killed any mood that scene had.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

I doubt I'll play much of the multiplayer for Bioshock 2. Maybe I'll throw that and the Tekken 6 Arcade Stick bundle on ebay.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I thought it was ok up until you go down into the Locuts base where you find Dom's wife. Game felt like it dragged so much. I actually only finished it recently, not being a shooter fan I didn't really feel like playing it much after my first attempt at it, when a friend wanted to play it co-op. We both just wanted that damn game to end after a certain point. Plus that scene where Dom finds his wife made me laugh so hard. So ridiculous.

Honestly put it on the same level as ME2? Holy shit... I'm not going to judge but, goddamn...
[/QUOTE]

Well of course, the difference is that I'm a big shooter fan. Definitely my favorite genre.

The story is nothing special in Gears, but it's a shooter so it doesn't need to be. It's just a blast to play through in co-op. Gears 1 and 2 are the only games I've ever beaten (single player or co-op) on higher difficulty settings.

I think I played through Gears 1 five times (casual and hardcore with one friend, casual by myself, then hardcore and insane with another friend) and Gears 2 three times (hardcore and insane in co-op and casual solo).

They just nailed the cover, guns etc. Probably the most satisfying shooter I've played.

ME2 has the edge with the characters, though the main story isn't anything great and pales compared to ME1 on that front. If I had to pick I'd probably pick ME2 as my favorite game of the generation, with Gears 1&2 right behind, then ME1 and Bioshock behind them.

[quote name='pete5883']I think I'm out of health items in Dragon Age. I may have inadvertently completed a quest where I gave away 20 lesser health poultices, and now I'm down to 1 large one. All the stores are sold out of health items (which is so fucking stupid... only in an WRPG) and I seem to have picked clean all of the elfroot on the planet that I could use to make more health poultices. Morrigan doesn't know healing magic, and I don't think I could level her up enough to learn it without any way to heal. I tried and failed a fight with a blood mage about 10 times before I realized that I was never going to win without any way to heal. Help?[/QUOTE]
What class are you? What's the deal with the fight? Is there nowhere you can just buy elfroot?

Hey guys, I forgot to say thank you to those that answered my questions about ME2. I decided to keep it, it definitely looks too epic to pass up on. I did however sell the codes that came with it, so that pretty much paid off 2/3 of my copy. Really looking forward to playing through this after I play Mass Effect.

On another note, I can't put White Knight Chronicles down. For those of you that have played it, and enjoyed it, I think you know what I mean. It's just really addicting, and Im really close to the last chapter which makes me want to temporarily put the game down, but I cant lol.

[quote name='manthing']Got a question for the GGT brain-mass:

Anyone know what XBox1 games have free DLC I need to download before tax day?[/QUOTE]

Ninja Gaiden (not Black) has some awesome expansion packs (one just overwrites the whole game and adds a ton of new stuff.)

I thought all the Xbox 1 dlc was taken off the marketplace already?

I beat Gears 2 about an hour ago... I LOVED IT. It's weird, I really didn't like the first game that much, but the second game fixes every problem I had with the first one. The ending was great, too... I'm just not too sure about how they'll make a Gears 3... But I said the same thing at the end of Gears 1.

I'm definitely playing Marcus in Lost Planet 2, now.

Yeah it definitely was, since it showed the bomb going off, but then the Locust queen talking to some other locust showing it was just a minor set back.

[quote name='dallow']Wasn't Gears 1 ending open-ended?
Even if it wasn't, you can make a new game for everything! See Bioshock 2.[/QUOTE]
Well, I assumed that when they set off the bomb in the end they had won and killed all the Locusts, I know the queen said they'd keep fighting, but I still thought it was pretty much over for them after the humans whooped their collective ass.

You're right, though! I didn't think Bioshock needed a sequel at all, but they made one...

Yet they still aren't making me a Conker or another Mega Man Legends sequel. :(

Xbox 1 DLC got put back up. M$ said it was a glitch but I bet they thought it wasn't important. It takes FOREVER to download that stuff (I downloaded the Halo 2 maps before I sold it, deleted them). BTW, the Halo 2 maps are free.

So they finally announced what that mystery voucher was for in new copies of Darksiders and it turned out to be a free copy of Red Faction: Guerilla? THAT'S AWESOME! Games should have special things like that all the time! I'd have loved if ME2 came with a mystery voucher that turned out to be for a free copy of Dragon Age.

I really need to stop talking myself out of trading games. I know I'll probably never touch Bioshock 2 again but I can't seem to make myself click the "have it" button on Goozex.

It's ok to keep games you've already beaten. You never know when you'll want to pop it in just for nostalgia--I always kick myself when I think about all the old Nintendo and Sega stuff I got rid of back in the day. I'm also enjoying a resurgance of PC gaming thanks to the Steam deals on new and classic games.

Switching gears, the more I see of Halo Reach, the more I'm liking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back