General Gaming Thread #10 goes to Hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']You're just playin' hooky. :p
feel better. :grouphug:
[/QUOTE]Ha, sometimes, but not this time. I forced myself to go yesterday and had to leave early. Feeling worse still today. :cry:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'm not sure it tells you how Wrex died (unless you can ask his brother)... but I would bet they probably blamed it on Ashley, since by default she lives and you had a relationship with her (that assumption is based on the fact that I've seen the opening cutscene change from Ashley to Liara based on your love interest from ME).

If this is true, all it means is that Shepard was not a Paragon enough to talk Wrex down. That when Wrex turned on the crew because of this, Ashley waxed him to protect Shepard.

Now if it assumed YOU shot him in the face because he wasn't doing what YOU wanted him to, that would be a different story.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm playing as a Female Shepard and the default story for a new female Shepard is that Ashley died and Kaiden lived (and I think it was him in the opening scene--but I didn't pay much attention as I was doing some other stuff during that unskippable opening part since I've done it 3 or 4 times before (main game, importing and playing a bit to get to level 30, trying a game on insanity etc.).

But yeah, I doubt the game will get into why Rex didn't live in the default story. It just assumes decisions like letting the council die (which I'd done in my paragon playthrough anyway), Wrex dying, Ashley dying if you're a female character, Kaiden dying if you're a male character etc.

Like I said, none of that stuff had a major impact on ME2 anyway, so I decided it wasn't worth replaying ME1 on Paragon, and even more so since most of the decisions seem to mirror the impacts you'd get from importing a renegade ME1 playthrough anyway.

[quote name='pete5883']Would anyone recommend or dis-recommend Warden's Keep DLC for Dragon Age? The story sounds interesting, the armor sounds nice, I could really use a storage chest, and I got my MS points for half price. Unless there is a storage chest elsewhere in the game?[/QUOTE]
It's worth it.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'm not sure it tells you how Wrex died (unless you can ask his brother)... but I would bet they probably blamed it on Ashley, since by default she lives and you had a relationship with her (that assumption is based on the fact that I've seen the opening cutscene change from Ashley to Liara based on your love interest from ME).

If this is true, all it means is that Shepard was not a Paragon enough to talk Wrex down. That when Wrex turned on the crew because of this, Ashley waxed him to protect Shepard.

Now if it assumed YOU shot him in the face because he wasn't doing what YOU wanted him to, that would be a different story.[/QUOTE]
As I mentioned there's other factors as well. It's based on a renegade.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']It's worth it.

As I mentioned there's other factors as well. It's based on a renegade.[/QUOTE]

Based on renegade is a better way of saying what I think you're trying to say rather than what you implied previously.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Well regardless of your opinion on the decisions, those were the decisions that gave you renegade points in ME1.[/QUOTE]

What he was saying and what he clarified to say are entirely different things.
The way he initially phrased it implied that canon Shepard is total renegade.
The way he just responded to me clarifies to say "some of the default choices in ME2 are ones that awarded you renegade points in ME".
Probably the best way to say it is "the default character in ME2 is definitely not a pure Paragon", as if you did a "pure Paragon" playthrough of the first game, then your choices would be different (i.e. the council would have survived, Wrex would be alive, yada yada yada...).
Unless someone can confirm that say, you hear mention that Shepard murdered all the infected colonists of Feros... then indeed, canon Shepard would be a Renegade without a doubt.

Seems pretty much the same to me. The default game assumes that Shepard took the renegade decision for all the major decisions etc. And apparently the minor ones too since apparently you don't run into NPCs you didn't help (or killed) if you took the renegade option in ME1.

They're not going to go to far and make the default option start as an asshole Shepard with full renegade points or anything, as new players who didn't play the first game need the option to shape their Shepard from the ground up. But for people who know the ME1 story, the default definitely assumes you made renegade decisions in ME1.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']What he was saying and what he clarified to say are entirely different things.
The way he initially phrased it implied that canon Shepard is total renegade.
The way he just responded to me clarifies to say "some of the default choices in ME2 are ones that awarded you renegade points in ME".
Probably the best way to say it is "the default character in ME2 is definitely not a pure Paragon", as if you did a "pure Paragon" playthrough of the first game, then your choices would be different (i.e. the council would have survived, Wrex would be alive, yada yada yada...).
Unless someone can confirm that say, you hear mention that Shepard murdered all the infected colonists of Feros... then indeed, canon Shepard would be a Renegade without a doubt.[/QUOTE]
You're REALLY nitpicking here lol.

Over the past couple of days I've played some more GTA Lost & Damned, and it still reconfirms my hatred for GTA4, its' city, and most importantly it's horrible driving mechanics. I'm about 16% through and 1 hour in because auto-save isn't set to on via default. Another problem I see is that while I'm playing on the Episodes disc, it still reads what saves I had from GTA4, meaning I only have a couple of empty save slots to play these 2 packs on.

At least the story in L&D is mildly interesting, but it's still just as confusing as GTA4.

So I see a whole lot of talk about ME2, and I'd like to get your guys' opinions about something. I came across a Collector's Edition of ME2 at one of my local Gamestops, decided it was worth picking up based on the fact their selling like crazy online, plus I like Limited Edition games. BUT, I've never played Mass Effect 1, and the only other Bioware game I played is Dragon Age, and honestly I can see why so many like it, but I can't seem to stay interested in it enough to play through it.

SO, would you still reccommend ME2 to someone who isn't too impressed with Bioware's other, similar, game (minus the sci-fi part of it)? I'm just trying to figure out wheter to keep it or sell it, I'm not going to be playing it anytime soon since I have so much on the PS3 coming out that I want to play. ALSO, if I keep ME2, I will for sure be buying the first one to play.

Only thing DA and ME have in common is the dialogue style (even that's different though) and the open nature style of your quest order. Other than that they're completely different.

I would highly advise playing ME1 first.

Yeah, ME--especially the 2nd one--plays much more like a shooter combat wise and probably has better pacing etc. to hold your interest than more traditional WRPGs like DA.

And yeah, definitely play the first one, as the story is a huge draw of the series, and the first one really sets everything up. It has more flaws than the sequel IMO, but it's still an extremely good game and a "must play first" type of game for people getting into the series.

No games for me all week! Been too busy to get any gaming time in over the last few days. I hate it. I even took off from work today for a "snow day" and still never got to play anything. I must set my priorities in order soon.

[quote name='dmaul1114']
That's not the default story, that's a story changed by your ME1 import--I got the same on my main playthrough since I imported my 100% paragon character from ME1.

Default story is what you get if you make a new character without importing one from ME1. And Rei's right on that, it assumes the council is dead, Wrex is dead etc., so it looks like it defaults to the renegade decisions on the major things from ME1.[/QUOTE]

Some of that stuff still happend even if you didnt go renegade.

So, Dragon Age question:
Is most of the game time spent trying to get the different races to join you? I'm about 11 hrs in, and am still trying to cure Arl Eamon. If how long this takes is any indication of how long the other races will take, I could see just that taking me to 60 hours. Or is there a lot more main story stuff besides getting everyone to honor their pact?

[quote name='pete5883']So, Dragon Age question:
Is most of the game time spent trying to get the different races to join you? I'm about 11 hrs in, and am still trying to cure Arl Eamon. If how long this takes is any indication of how long the other races will take, I could see just that taking me to 60 hours. Or is there a lot more main story stuff besides getting everyone to honor their pact?
[/QUOTE]

Getting the races to join you is pretty much the whole game. Once you get everyone to join, you basically go to the final few quests of the game. And even if you don't do many side quests, the game will probably take almost 40 hours at least.

[quote name='ihadFG']
Getting the races to join you is pretty much the whole game. Once you get everyone to join, you basically go to the final few quests of the game. And even if you don't do many side quests, the game will probably take almost 40 hours at least.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks.
And the final few are, what, 5 hours or so?

Ugh, graphics on the dashboard are starting to look weird. An RROD draws near. This thing is only 7 months old!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Some of that stuff still happend even if you didnt go renegade.[/QUOTE]

Well of course as you could get the paragon achievement in ME1 while still making some paragon decisions here and there. Same in ME2, maxing out the paragon didn't preclude doing some renegade stuff.

I did paragon in ME1, but let the council die both because they annoyed me and at the time of that playthrough I thought it best to focus all firepower on Sovereign.

So the default playthrough is just assuming you made the renegade choice for the major decisions--and apparently for the minor ones as well given charcters you don't run into that you do if you helped them in ME1 on the paragon path etc.

Finally went and finished all the extra DLC levels I had in LBP. It was great while it lasted, I've been slowly savoring it since I picked it up in late September. The Pirates DLC ended a lot quicker than I thought it was going to, I wish that the Watchmen DLC had come with levels... I really would've loved to play in New York.

well I bought the bioshock 2 special edition.

Not opening it for now. It just looked too good, didn't want to sleep on it and have it be gone. But it seems to be fairly common. We'll see. Gonna finish a few games first.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Some of that stuff still happend even if you didnt go renegade.[/QUOTE]
Rachni Queen! It's based on a renegade game, enough!

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Rachni Queen! It's based on a renegade game, enough![/QUOTE]

Still, it's leaning towards a renegade play through but I dont see why anyone should care about that if they never played the first.

[quote name='pete5883']Thanks.

Ugh, graphics on the dashboard are starting to look weird. An RROD draws near. This thing is only 7 months old![/QUOTE]

Check your video connections. They might be loose.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Still, it's leaning towards a renegade play through but I dont see why anyone should care about that if they never played the first.[/QUOTE]
They shouldn't care. That was never the point of all this. Why do you people keep bringing it up? Let it go. Dmaul merely brought up he was thinking about replaying ME1 for a renegade to carry over, and I told him he didn't have to due to it defaulting to that. That was it.

Yep, that's all it was about! I just realized it wasn't worth picking up ME1 to replay to build a renegade character when I can get a long play bonus just starting a new one and have the renegade decisions assumed anyway. All I miss out in is having an ME1 romance to port over, and I don't care about that as that has no impact on this game other than a picture in your cabin and is a tiny part of the series anyway.

No reason to play ME1 which would be a bit painful to replay now with the combat, inventory, slowdown and other flaws that were pretty much all fixed in ME2.

[quote name='pete5883']Thanks.
[/QUOTE]

Around that, but it will vary depending on how many side quests you do.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']It is pretty good.[/QUOTE]

Does it remind you of the first 2/3's of Bioshock or the last 1/3? The last 1/3 of that motherfucker almost made me hate it.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Does it remind you of the first 2/3's of Bioshock or the last 1/3? The last 1/3 of that motherfucker almost made me hate it.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I never beat Bioshock due to that last 1/3.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Definitely more like the first.[/QUOTE]

Good. I may just splurge and pick it up full price when I get paid next week then.

Pretty much finished with the opening Death Knight stuff in WoW. It's a fucking awesome questline, and was well worth the 60 hours I put into my mage (

Playing Fallout 3... eh... It's alright. I can see why people would like it, but it is a little too open for me. Overwhelming. And the dialogue is kind of boring.

I beat Lost & Damned. It only took about 7 hours, and that was with me getting all 5 achievements it had with it. I think the last few missions were pretty good, and some dialogue was well recorded, but the controls were still a big obstacle to enjoying it.

I started BoGT and I got 2 out of the 3 objectives on the first mission, missing the time objective by 7 seconds.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Playing Fallout 3... eh... It's alright. I can see why people would like it, but it is a little too open for me. Overwhelming. And the dialogue is kind of boring.[/QUOTE]
It gets better as time goes on.. The first 5-10 hours or so was a total bore for me. I think I started really loving the game when I first visited Rivet City.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']It gets better as time goes on.. The first 5-10 hours or so was a total bore for me. I think I started really loving the game when I first visited Rivet City.[/QUOTE]
Ah, I see. I'll give it more time. Did you blow up Megaton? I just quickly did, cause I didnt really care. Not sure if that is a mistake.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Ah, I see. I'll give it more time. Did you blow up Megaton? I just quickly did, cause I didnt really care. Not sure if that is a mistake.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure it's a mistake but I wouldn't have done it, if you don't blow it up
you get a house you can store stuff in.

Definitely give the game some more time, it's one of the best games I've ever played.

[quote name='benjamouth']I'm not sure it's a mistake but I wouldn't have done it, if you don't blow it up
you get a house you can store stuff in.

Definitely give the game some more time, it's what of the best games I've ever played.[/QUOTE]

You do get the tenpenny tower apartment if you do blow it up, not sure if it has the bobblehead holder and water dispensing butler though as i've never done it - still waiting to do my total bastard playthrough.

You can still do the quest associated with Megaton even if you do blow it up, the quest giver is just crispier.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Pretty much finished with the opening Death Knight stuff in WoW. It's a fucking awesome questline, and was well worth the 60 hours I put into my mage (

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Ah, I see. I'll give it more time. Did you blow up Megaton? I just quickly did, cause I didnt really care. Not sure if that is a mistake.[/QUOTE]
I saved Megaton, actually...

And I accidently ended up causing the deaths of everyone Tenpenny towers by making a peace treaty between the residents and the Ghouls.

Also, I was cleaning up my game collection this afternoon and found Gears 2! I'd totally forgot that I had bought this back when it was GameStop's deal of the week. I'd bought it for co-op purposes and my firend I'd been playing it with totally stopped playing it with me because he picked up Red Faction so I never got to finish it. I've been playing through it most of the afternoon though and it is sooooo good. I think I'm about halfway through.
I just got out of the weird medical facility with the razerhail and I LOVED that part. I pretty much only used my chainsaw through that entire part.

[quote name='benjamouth']

Also, I was cleaning up my game collection this afternoon and found Gears 2! I'd totally forgot that I had bought this back when it was GameStop's deal of the week. I'd bought it for co-op purposes and my firend I'd been playing it with totally stopped playing it with me because he picked up Red Faction so I never got to finish it. I've been playing through it most of the afternoon though and it is sooooo good. I think I'm about halfway through.
I just got out of the weird medical facility with the razerhail and I LOVED that part. I pretty much only used my chainsaw through that entire part.
[/QUOTE]
After that point is about where the game starts to suck.

Been playing Bioshock 2 and Dante's Inferno, and also just received these in the mail:
Photo03231.jpg

Ooo yea X10 is going on now. Has the conference happened yet? I heard that Molyenuex was going to say something about Fable 3 that would make us angry and I want to know what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back