General Gaming Thread #10 goes to Hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I never had a problem with the DLC armor myself. Inb fact I kinda of like the Collector's armo... but it doesn't suit my Paragon character. And I'm surprised I like Miranda as much as I did.[/QUOTE]
I actually meant just the new Cerberus armor. I didn't really like it at first because the shape of the suit is weird.. Not form fitting enough for my tastes. The Collector's armor is my most used so far, my Paragon playthrough only used that armor the whole game. I began to miss the emotions from my character though, so my Renegade playthrough I said screw the helmet and just made my own suit up. Which reminds me, I really wish Shep could wear one of those little air masks like Miranda does..

2 questions:
1. If you take a HDD off of a 360, plop it on a new one, and transfer the licenses, will it work just the same as before? besides protected saves, I imagine.

2. Are jasper consoles noticeably quieter than falcons?

my falcon is acting up lately. Louder than usual, getting complete sound drop outs and freezes in ME2. I'm thinking of picking up an arcade this weekend.

team ninja games are the only ones I know of. not that there are any good team ninja games on the 360, but I do have NGB from games-on-demand and just about everything unlocked on that.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I finally installed Jade Empire. It feels so strange playing that game with a mouse and keyboard.[/QUOTE]
I loved that game.

My favorite new characters in ME2 were Mordin and Miranda. The Miranda choice shocks me since I didn't think I'd like her. She's a character you can really see change as the game goes on. Tali will always be my top favorite though.

Also Bioshock 2 is pretty damn good. I really like all the new combat options, and the new harvesting mechanic with the little sisters is fun. Dante's Inferno is nothing too special so far. Exactly what you expect it to be.

Where can I find info on what stuff (gamesaves and whatnot) is copy-protected for the PS3?

Sitting on a new slim as of yesterday, but got stuff to do tonight, and been busy, so I haven't opened it.

Extended warranty am bought.

Just so I'm totally clear, if I transfer files from one PS3 to another (if I manage to resurrect said PS3), those files will *NOT* copy over, right?

Depends on how you do it. If you do the PS3 Data Transfer thing with an ethernet cable it will. Whether you can play them or not is another question. Back the data up to an external hard drive in either case first.

Yeah, of course they play! What would be the point of the PS3 moving them? :)

Data transfer will copy everything including accounts.

I'd backup first though, just..... in..... case.....

I'm hoping to get a nice fat refund check this year, but I changed (part time) jobs so we'll see.

Ninja Blade is pretty much the definition of mediocre. The combat is simple, and platforming is simple, and the rest of the game is QTEs.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I can't seem to find any of the Dr.pepper codes around here...[/QUOTE]
I haven't been able to find any of those either, I keep getting the pre-order and CE codes, though.

I've gotten about 8 of them now and I'm just amazed at how they've just fallen into my lap.

[quote name='KingBroly']Depends on how you do it. If you do the PS3 Data Transfer thing with an ethernet cable it will. Whether you can play them or not is another question. Back the data up to an external hard drive in either case first.[/QUOTE]

Hidden on that site:

I’ve found a list of game saves that are locked to the system:

Assassins Creed II
Band Hero
Bomberman Ultra
Brain Challenge
Call of Duty: World at War
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
C&C Red Alert 3
Crash Commando
Dark Mist
Demons Souls
Devil May Cry 4 (Only the online file is locked)
DJ Hero
Dragon Age Origins
Dragon Ball Raging Blast
Dragonball Z Burst Limit
The Eye Of Judgment
Fat Princess
Fight Night Round 4
Godfather 2
Guitar Hero World Tour
High Velocity Bowling
Killzone 2
Lego Rock Band
LocoRoco Cocoreccho!
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Mega Man 9
Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
Mortal Kombat 2
Namco Museum Essentials
NCAA Football 10
Need For Speed: Carbon
Need For Speed: Pro Street
Need For Speed: Shift
Rock Band
Rock Band 2
Singstar
Skate 2
Soul Calibur IV
Street Fighter IV
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Online (Your online stats won’t transfer)
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2
UFC: Undisputed
Uno
Wolfenstein

Games saves patched to remove copy protection:

Batman: Arkham Asylum (Said to not have copy protection)
MotorStorm: Pacfic Rift
Resident Evil 5
Resistance 2 (Been told it isn’t copy protected)
Valkyria Chronicles

I’ve created this forum post to keep track of locked game saves. Let me know if you find any more and I’ll add it to the list.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I haven't been able to find any of those either, I keep getting the pre-order and CE codes, though.

I've gotten about 8 of them now and I'm just amazed at how they've just fallen into my lap.[/QUOTE]
You should Ebay them or something. I got like $20 for that Master Chief Armor for Fable 2.

I kind of want this game but I know I would probably regret buying it.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']You should Ebay them or something. I got like $20 for that Master Chief Armor for Fable 2.

I kind of want this game but I know I would probably regret buying it.[/QUOTE]
I'm going to try to sell them in the trade forum, last time I had the pair they went realllly fast. I've already made about 30 bucks off of the other codes.

That game does look fun, pretty quirky. I'd play it on my DS, but I don't think I'd want to play it on my Wii.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Ewww@ the lust section of Dante lol.[/QUOTE]
How is DI anyway? I was originally going to get that instead of Bioshock 2 but changed my mind at the last second.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']How is DI anyway? I was originally going to get that instead of Bioshock 2 but changed my mind at the last second.[/QUOTE]
You made the right choice. DI definitely isn't bad, but it's not really anything special. I played both today and enjoyed Bioshock 2 more.

AAAUGH.

I can't recover my login/password for my Japanese PSN account on my new fucking system! I have like a dozen PSOne games I bought and ¥3000 in my fucking wallet.

I hate Sony so fucking much right now I'ma drive to Baltimore through the snow and set Mana Knight's car on fire.

[quote name='mykevermin']AAAUGH.

I can't recover my login/password for my Japanese PSN account on my new fucking system! I have like a dozen PSOne games I bought and ¥3000 in my fucking wallet.

I hate Sony so fucking much right now I'ma drive to Baltimore through the snow and set Mana Knight's car on fire.[/QUOTE]
That fucking blows.

OMG WOW MASS EFFECT 2 SO GOOD

I think maybe I want Bioshock 2 now. Giant Bomb's positive review tipped the scales.

Not until Mass Effect 2 and Darksiders are done though.

I feel meh towards Bioshock 2. I'm sure it's good, but I just can't seem to make myself care about it. I'm sure my roommate will get it at some point so I'll play it then if I feel like it.

Yeah, I'll play Bioshock 2 at some point for sure.

Decided to start up a 2nd ME2 playthrough tonight. Made a female Shepard, playing as an Adept (did solider in my main playthrough and ME1) and renegade, to make it as different as possible from my main playthrough.

Was going to replay ME1 first, but decided it wasn't worth picking it up again since the decisions imported don't have a huge impact and you get the long play bonuses when starting a new game with a new character after having beat ME2 on another save anyway.

So I'll finish that, finish Assassin's Creed 2 which is coming from Goozex after this playthrough is done, and maybe there will be a sell on Bioshock 2 by then.

Ok... i just played the Heavy Rain demo and I came to it trying to be as open as I could and here's my thoughts:

-Superb presentation production hands down. 'Nuff Said
-Has promise in terms of story but I dont think the demo does it justice

-Does so much stuff that it really dosnt need to do... ie QTE without the 'Q'... I really wish this was a point and click adventure game instead of the way its setup now.
-I actually think its more enjoyable watching someone else play than yourself playing it since it has a more cinematic punch than an interactive punch.

other than that, I'm pretty much approaching it the same i did before playing the demo; Not really caring about it too much, but will play it at some point.

To defend the supposed other side of the argument though, I can entirely understand why people are going crazy for it. I go ga ga for hotel dusk when in reality all it is is an interactive book with alot of body language. Same goes for this; people will fall deeply in love with the game even if it is an interactive film and I say be proud of that.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']The default ME2 story assumes you went renegade in ME1 anyway.[/QUOTE]

Why, cause it assumes you chose the death of Sovereign over the lives of the Council? Or because you weren't badass enough to talk *someone* out of shooting Wrex? Or that you nailed Ashley? Or iis there more to your assertion than those major decisions.

--

Bioshock 2 is decent... Can't say I'm digging the story... It feels like deja vu... like I'm somehow in Bioshock all over again with some new weapons and a bit of a change or tweak to some of the systems. It's well done, just not compelling to me.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']The default ME2 story assumes you went renegade in ME1 anyway.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't get the logic behind this either. I Played like a boy scout all through ME1 and it showed in ME2.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Why, cause it assumes you chose the death of Sovereign over the lives of the Council? Or because you weren't badass enough to talk *someone* out of shooting Wrex? Or that you nailed Ashley? Or iis there more to your assertion than those major decisions.[/QUOTE]
What the hell are you talking about?

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, I'll play Bioshock 2 at some point for sure.

Decided to start up a 2nd ME2 playthrough tonight. Made a female Shepard, playing as an Adept (did solider in my main playthrough and ME1) and renegade, to make it as different as possible from my main playthrough.

Was going to replay ME1 first, but decided it wasn't worth picking it up again since the decisions imported don't have a huge impact and you get the long play bonuses when starting a new game with a new character after having beat ME2 on another save anyway.

So I'll finish that, finish Assassin's Creed 2 which is coming from Goozex after this playthrough is done, and maybe there will be a sell on Bioshock 2 by then.[/QUOTE]
Aye, I did a female adept after my first run as a male soldier.

The female adept absolutely tore shit up. Tore shit the fuck up.

[quote name='mykevermin']AAAUGH.

I hate Sony so fucking much right now I'ma drive to Baltimore through the snow and set Mana Knight's car on fire.[/QUOTE]
Shit, you absolutely don't remember the email and password for it? :(
That bloooooooooooows.

Did you get the old ps3 working?

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']What the hell are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

Why do you think the default play through is Renegade? Is it just because of Wrex? Or is there anything else?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Why do you think the default play through is Renegade? Is it just because of Wrex? Or is there anything else?[/QUOTE]
Oh! The council is dead, Wrex is dead, none of the people who were supposed to live if you made paragon choices are there. Pretty sure you don't run into that rachni lady. It's based on a renegade playthrough.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Oh! The council is dead, Wrex is dead, none of the people who were supposed to live if you made paragon choices are there. Pretty sure you don't run into that rachni lady. It's based on a renegade playthrough.[/QUOTE]

Ah got it. Thanks.

Would anyone recommend or dis-recommend Warden's Keep DLC for Dragon Age? The story sounds interesting, the armor sounds nice, I could really use a storage chest, and I got my MS points for half price. Unless there is a storage chest elsewhere in the game?

Yeah, I've noticed that thus far as well, which as reaffirmed my decision. I don't think I'd enjoy ME1 very much playing it after playing ME2 which fix the few big gripes I had with the first game anyway.

I'm liking the renegade route more than I thought I would thus far, though I still prefer going the paragon route.

At least with ME the renegade is still more or less a "good" guy, just more of a ruthless get the job done at any costs kind of good guy. Unlike KOTOR where the dark side option was just evil and had to many "well fuck you now you die for no reason!" moments.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Yeah I don't get the logic behind this either. I Played like a boy scout all through ME1 and it showed in ME2.[/QUOTE]

That's not the default story, that's a story changed by your ME1 import--I got the same on my main playthrough since I imported my 100% paragon character from ME1.

Default story is what you get if you make a new character without importing one from ME1. And Rei's right on that, it assumes the council is dead, Wrex is dead etc., so it looks like it defaults to the renegade decisions on the major things from ME1.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']What the hell are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to figure out what you know that supports your "ME2 assumes you played ME1 as a renegade" statement -- I didn't bother playing past where you meet the Illusive Man without my imported save, so I'm curious.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, I've noticed that thus far as well, which as reaffirmed my decision. I don't think I'd enjoy ME1 very much playing it after playing ME2 which fix the few big gripes I had with the first game anyway.

I'm liking the renegade route more than I thought I would thus far, though I still prefer going the paragon route.

At least with ME the renegade is still more or less a "good" guy, just more of a ruthless get the job done at any costs kind of good guy. Unlike KOTOR where the dark side option was just evil and had to many "well fuck you now you die for no reason!" moments.

That's not the default story, that's a story changed by your ME1 import--I got the same on my main playthrough since I imported my 100% paragon character from ME1.

Default story is what you get if you make a new character without importing one from ME1. And Rei's right on that, it assumes the council is dead, Wrex is dead etc., so it looks like it defaults to the renegade decisions on the major things from ME1.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure it tells you how Wrex died (unless you can ask his brother)... but I would bet they probably blamed it on Ashley, since by default she lives and you had a relationship with her (that assumption is based on the fact that I've seen the opening cutscene change from Ashley to Liara based on your love interest from ME).

If this is true, all it means is that Shepard was not a Paragon enough to talk Wrex down. That when Wrex turned on the crew because of this, Ashley waxed him to protect Shepard.

Now if it assumed YOU shot him in the face because he wasn't doing what YOU wanted him to, that would be a different story.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pete5883']Would anyone recommend or dis-recommend Warden's Keep DLC for Dragon Age? The story sounds interesting, the armor sounds nice, I could really use a storage chest, and I got my MS points for half price. Unless there is a storage chest elsewhere in the game?[/QUOTE]
I'd say it is worth it just for the Superman joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back