General Gaming Thread 2 - Now with gender select

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know why it seems everyone needs to cancel ECA this month, didn't most of us get in on the free membership for a year?

Anyways, if I do forget I'll just be out $10 since I used 2 ECA codes before the promo got cut (it costs $20 per year).

[quote name='gunm']I haven't bought a goddamn thing for my XBL avatar and I intend for it to stay that way. :p[/QUOTE]
Same here. The only way I'll get any crap for my Avatar is if it's free.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Same here. The only way I'll get any crap for my Avatar is if it's free.[/QUOTE]

which is why avatar rewards ftw!

*hugs odst armor and monitor*

I love Valkyria Chronicles. I haven't felt this compelled to keep playing a game in a long time. After putting in 4+ hours this evening, I can safely say that this is one of the best games I've played in a long time.

[quote name='namtrahj']I was pants-wettingly excited about Dead Space Extraction and I have to say...I'm pretty underwhelmed.[/QUOTE]

I've only played the first level but I thought it was pretty well done, for a Wii game I thought it was decent.

[quote name='benjamouth']I've only played the first level but I thought it was pretty well done, for a Wii game I thought it was decent.[/QUOTE]

That is the issue at hand here. Anything "decent" on the wii is "pretty good.... for a wii game". Aka, if this game was on ps3/360, it wouldnt be worth 10 bucks, but since the wii has nothing but garbage, even something somewhat passable is "pretty good... for a wii game".

Its why i hope companies arent too stupid and put their old wii games on PSN as ports instead of full releases for when the sony wand comes out. Most wii games aren't worth the packaging they are sold in.

I wanna be The Guy...
... but this fucking Ghouls 'n Ghosts level is a cuntmare. I can't even make it past the first round of spikes, let alone the countless other traps that doubtless lie between me and the next save.

JRPGs are perfect games to play with a new baby.
I can feed her with one hand and still play with the other.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Its why i hope companies arent too stupid and put their old wii games on PSN as ports instead of full releases for when the sony wand comes out. Most wii games aren't worth the packaging they are sold in.[/QUOTE]

Maybe a few of the WiiWare games like Lost Winds will be ported onto PSN/XBL but I don't see too many retail games. However, I wouldn't mind seeing compilations. I think the two Resident Evil on-rails shooters would look good, maybe with a few HD graphic tweeks, and throw them both on a disc together. I don't think we'll see any of the shovelware Wii games and all the mini-game crap being ported over.

[quote name='Krymner']Maybe a few of the WiiWare games like Lost Winds will be ported onto PSN/XBL but I don't see too many retail games. However, I wouldn't mind seeing compilations. I think the two Resident Evil on-rails shooters would look good, maybe with a few HD graphic tweeks, and throw them both on a disc together. I don't think we'll see any of the shovelware Wii games and all the mini-game crap being ported over.[/QUOTE]

I would like to see compilations as well. The 2 RE light gun games of course, the dead space light gun game, a HOTD collection with 2/3 + overkill (i have all of these on the wii, but really, i only turn on my wii when people come over for 4 player nsmb wii/rock band 2 wii/karaoke games on wii). Boom Blox would make a excellent PSN title and from what i hear, its already being made for PS3/Xbox 360 (Wand/Natal). Want more classic shooters like Virtua Cop + Ghost Squad and of course, that new HD House Of The Dead can finally come home. Oh and a Time Crisis compilation!

Perhaps you cannot tell, but i love light gun games, just dont like the wii for them. Also, expect a LOT of wii ports to the ps3, especially from japan.

Hearing a lot of chatter about a Mirror's Edge sequel. Yes. Do this, but make it longer! I really liked Mirror's Edge, but thought its weakest points were the length of the story, and lack of a variety of maps. A big plus would have been a multi-player racing version, not just trying to beat certain times, but race against others in real-time on some neat obstacle course. But the biggest thing would be I'd like the ability to reconfigure controls. I spent more time fighting the controller in this game than the game itself.

And more running on roof tops and open spaces. I hated the parts where you were confined in a little ventilation shaft or hallways filled with boxes or something like that.

[quote name='odintal']JRPGs are perfect games to play with a new baby.
I can feed her with one hand and still play with the other.[/QUOTE]

One hand mode bayonetta?

I just beat MW2 and a couple of parts really made me sad in it.

To be exact, when Ghost died.

I LOVED GHOST SOOO MUCH!

Roach, too but not as much as Ghost.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I just beat MW2 and a couple of parts really made me sad in it.

To be exact, when Ghost died.

I LOVED GHOST SOOO MUCH!

Roach, too but not as much as Ghost.
[/QUOTE]

Don't read if you haven't finished MW2 campaign

My question is, when does it end? I mean, by MW4, you're going to play a new character on each level because each character will get killed off at the end of the previous level.

Ghost was fucking awesome. That mask was badass.

[quote name='Halo05']Don't read if you haven't finished MW2 campaign

My question is, when does it end? I mean, by MW4, you're going to play a new character on each level because each character will get killed off at the end of the previous level.

Ghost was fucking awesome. That mask was badass.
[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly!

In the end of MW2 I was really freaking expecting Price and Soap to get killed off since they killed off everyone else cool. They're really going to have to come up with more BA characters for me to fight alongside for the next MW.

Decided to go back and play some NFL 2k5 (PS2) 1.06 cents... The game holds up so well and you can still get updated rosters for the game (even if you're playing on the 360). [Nfl2k5rosters.com] I don't see myself playing it everyday, but its nice to see how great of a football game this turned out to be. There's a lot of things that this game does that Madden still hasn't done.

Except for
Price
, I don't remember any of the characters from MW2.
I started to like
Price
in this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Krymner']Hearing a lot of chatter about a Mirror's Edge sequel. Yes. Do this, but make it longer! I really liked Mirror's Edge, but thought its weakest points were the length of the story, and lack of a variety of maps. A big plus would have been a multi-player racing version, not just trying to beat certain times, but race against others in real-time on some neat obstacle course. But the biggest thing would be I'd like the ability to reconfigure controls. I spent more time fighting the controller in this game than the game itself.[/QUOTE]

I dunno about the length the game... sure it would be nice but they would also have to make it a lot more varied. I thought Mirror's Edge was just about the right length for it's content.

I think it would be cool if there was a multiplayer mode where a few people are free-runners and the other people are like SWAT agents. I guess sort of the like the Multiplayer in Splinter Cell.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Biggest thing would be no combat, all running.[/QUOTE]

But yeah, I agree in the singleplayer game it should be all running. Still have the melee combat and all, but don't make it required all the time.

[quote name='Maklershed']And more running on roof tops and open spaces. I hated the parts where you were confined in a little ventilation shaft or hallways filled with boxes or something like that.[/QUOTE]

Yup, make it more open ended also. It felt too linear to me, I would have liked to explore different routes and such.

[quote name='dallow']Except for
Price
, I don't remember any of the characters from MW2.
I started to like
Price
in this one.[/QUOTE]

Spoiler that shit.

And Soap is the shit. His mohawk is bad ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='corrosivefrost']Spoiler that shit.

And Soap is the shit. His mohawk is bad ass.[/QUOTE]

I just finished MW2, and I gotta say I don't really understand what happened story wise.

going into the campaign I expected every American soldier you played as to die like in the first game. Instead they killed characters that were actually interesting. (and 1/2 the americans)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Spoiler that shit.

And Soap is the shit. His mohawk is bad ass.[/QUOTE]
Wait, why is it a spoiler again? (i went ahead and did it)
Isn't he in every CoD game? It's the 2nd mission.

[quote name='dallow']Wait, why is it a spoiler again? (i went ahead and did it)
Isn't he in every CoD game? It's the 2nd mission.[/QUOTE]

That's Soap, jackass. :)
Where you're out in the blizzard? Definitely Soap MacTavish.
Captain Price's fate was unknown @ the end of MW. One of the coolest fucking things for me in MW2 was having no idea who prison 627 was... when I breached the wall in the gulag and took out the guard as Price was taking him hostage, only to have the badass Price kick my ass and then have Soap just hand him weapons... I was all :whee:

Corrosivefrost,
You don't actually have to kill that guard

I played COD Classic's demo and promptly deleted it. Even after turning up the sensitivity to 9 it felt a tad too sticky and slow. It just didn't feel right.

Oh, and I changed my Avatar

[quote name='corrosivefrost']That's Soap, jackass. :)
Where you're out in the blizzard? Definitely Soap MacTavish.
Captain Price's fate was unknown @ the end of MW. One of the coolest fucking things for me in MW2 was having no idea who prison 627 was... when I breached the wall in the gulag and took out the guard as Price was taking him hostage, only to have the badass Price kick my ass and then have Soap just hand him weapons... I was all :whee:
[/QUOTE]
Lulz. I was sure he was... him. Just proves my point.

That part was really cool actually, my 2nd fave moment in the game was getting him out and seeing who it was
Also, I don't remember a single thing about MW1 except crawling out or into a helicopter after the big bang. That was neat.

http://kotaku.com/5417782/jimmy-kimmel-looks-at-gay-sex-in-dragon-age

Gah, when is the mainstream going to stop comparing modern day games to old school arcade games. I'm so sick of people not understanding that you don't just walk into an arcade, put a quarter in a machine and select "Gay Sex" or "Alien Sex".

I hate the term "videogame" every person that does not play games or understand what they are calls them "videogames". Irks me when people that are actual gamers use it.

I don't understand what you'd call videogames other than videogames.

If you say "interactive entertainment" I'll punch a baby.

EDIT - Cheapest headset is probably found in those 3 month XBL kits in the little orange boxes. BB had them on sale for $20 a few months ago, I think they're regularly $30.

[quote name='Krymner']Vidya ghamez!!

Not too impressed with Bayonetta just by the demo.[/QUOTE]

I've not even tried the demo yet but I suspect I'll be picking Bayonetta off a clearance rack at Target at some point in the future.

I just can't see it selling that well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back