General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Maklershed']*rubs eyes*

What's this? Frosty not only tolerates likes a video game but he loves it?[/QUOTE]

There's a lot of alright games out there man. But it's more fun to be critical of the games that suck ass. :D

So Netflix is coming to Sony Bravia Internet-capable TVs, but not PS3? I'm beginning to think Sony is doing this all on purpose because they truly enjoy Failure.

[quote name='gunm']So Netflix is coming to Sony Bravia Internet-capable TVs, but not PS3? I'm beginning to think Sony is doing this all on purpose because they truly enjoy Failure.[/QUOTE]
Maybe it's something to do with MS?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']There's a lot of alright games out there man. But it's more fun to be critical of the games that suck ass. :D[/QUOTE]

True. Here's a list of games I hate:

DMC/DMC4
Ninja Gaiden (Black/Sigma/2)
Metal Gear Solid
God of War (1/2)
Gears of War (1/2)
Call of Duty 4
BioShock
Dead Rising
Bully

/inside joke

Look to the classics if you're bored of this gen (I am). This is mainly what I'm playing atm:

360: only movies
PS2: Capcom vs. SNK 2
DC: Soul Calibur
Genny: 6-Pak (Streets of Rage, Sonic, woot)
NES: Gradius/Super Dodge Ball

I want to get one o' my 2600s hooked up and running. I've got too many games for it not to. :D

ia1n.jpg

final box.
Look who's back.

[quote name='dallow']A certain logo.[/QUOTE]

i swear they did a study and the mw2 alone was not enough for average people to realize it was the sequel to call of duty 4 or something like that. i would guess if that data is accurate, that'd be why they threw it back on the cover.

Am I the only person not looking forward to the yearly Call Of Duty games? I liked 2, hated 3, 4 was OK but nothing phenomenal. The only one I REALLY enjoyed was the first on PC and the console installment they had.

I would never buy a COD game at full price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only looking forward to Infinity Ward developed COD installments. What I played of 3 and World at War were plenty bland. W@W had pretty much the same multiplayer as 4 which I already own so I said eff it and put it on Goozex a while back.

Is there a trick to the cover system in Red Faction Guerrilla? Alec keeps sprinting into the damn wall instead of taking cover.

[quote name='Persona7']Am I the only person not looking forward to the yearly Call Of Duty games? I liked 2, hated 3, 4 was OK but nothing phenomenal. The only one I REALLY enjoyed was the first on PC and the console installment they had.

I would never buy a COD game at full price.[/QUOTE]

(a) 2, 4, and MW2 were all developed by IW.
(b) CoD4 was regularly on sale for about $40 before Christmas when it came out in 2007
(c) if you like FPS at all, how did you NOT love CoD4?!

no to bf1943. don't want to drop $15 on something that's multi only and i'll forget about in a couple of weeks (like most other mp heavy games, sans GoW2 and CoD4).

--

I wonder how much worse than SoS DMD mode is...
I also wish DMC4 tracked some of your stats, like total score, total kills, red orbs, proud souls, items used, etc. it'd be useful for figuring out where i stand with some of these cheerios.

[quote name='corrosivefrost'](a) 2, 4, and MW2 were all developed by IW.
(b) CoD4 was regularly on sale for about $40 before Christmas when it came out in 2007
(c) if you like FPS at all, how did you NOT love CoD4?![/QUOTE]

I still have yet to see COD4 at the $20 price mark, which is what I would pay for something that old. I probably should play it before MW2 comes out.

I loved COD 1 and 2 (both on pc). haven't played the series since then.

I need some more cheap MS points. I'm down to 2500. Turtles in Time is a day one purchase, and i'll probably end up getting BF1943 too at some point.

I played the hell out of COD2. I loved the moving from country to country thing, especially playing as the British dude. His company is the most interesting :p

I still boot it up on occasion just to hear MACGREEEGOOORRRRR!!!

BF1943 has the potential to be played a LOT. It's really fun. I finally am hooked on the battlefield style of game - I never really got it before this.

Amazon Marketplace - give that money back to the people!

Yeah, MW2 will probably be $40 real quick. But that game will be worth it for the multiplayer, and the promise of less infinite spawning enemies.

I listen to Bombcast, Listen Up, and The Joystiq Podcast - I try to fit others in, and Retronauts is a must if it comes out.

MW2 is a day one for me. Well, sort of: I pre-ordered @ $3 off/no tax @ amazon. It might take them a week or so to get it to me.

I'll get BF1943 if my bro-in-law gets it, but I don't think so. Still, $15 is pretty cheap, even if it's online only /looks at SOCOM and Warhawk.

[quote name='Maklershed']@myke - I think one could easily make that assumption as its the largest retailer of used video games.[/QUOTE]

I live about 45 minutes from any GS.

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back