General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Did you play and not like Frequency or Amplitude? If not, then you won't like RBU.[/QUOTE]
I haven't tried those, I just grabbed the RBU demo.

[quote name='Moxio']NINJADOG, sell me your HDTV for an outrageously low, affordable price. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Ummm, if you live in the chicago area, feel free to PM me. I'm not shipping it anywhere though.

[quote name='Flak']Just got Red Faction Guerrilla as a slightly belated b-day gift.[/QUOTE]

I'm really loving the game right now. I'll never beat the Single player though since the multiplayer is so fun.

[quote name='ninja dog']I have the HDTV upgrade itch.

My 32" sharp LCD is perfectly fine, but I'm thinking of getting a 42" 720p Viera or 40" Bravia (not XBR, one of the cheaper ones.) Bigger would be nice, and I'm sure the technology has improved since my 3 year old Sharp[/QUOTE]

Now the focus has shifted from 720p/1080p to LED backlights and refresh rates. I think 240mhz is the favorite bullet point now. :p

I'd love to upgrade to a Kuro or an LED set. :p

I finished up Tales of Monkey Island, and it's pretty good. One big gripe, one minor gripe is basically all the negative I can say about it. The big gripe is the controls as it's just odd. You can use full pointer controls but those are kind of gimped. The minor gripe is
that not all of the dialogue choices lead to new paths, so...it's not as funny as it could be.
But all in all, it's a pretty good game. I just wish it used a lower processing speed so I can run it on my laptop and not my parents PC.

[quote name='gunm']Now the focus has shifted from 720p/1080p to LED backlights and refresh rates. I think 240mhz is the favorite bullet point now. :p

I'd love to upgrade to a Kuro or an LED set. :p[/QUOTE]

yeah, a LED backlit TV would be great, but even a $500 Sony 720p set would be a big purchase for me at the moment...

The other stuff is ridiculous. If I understand it correctly, those 120hz sets can't accept a true 120hz source (which means, oh noes, you can't get the most out of the few PC games that actually support it...) They just "create" the 120hz image all on their own...and it's a shitty effect and I hate it and I hope it dies. :lol:

Made some progress in FFVII cause I still haven't picked up batteries for the 360 controller...now that needs to charge, so I popped in Jump! Ultimate Stars on the DS.

I agree about the crazy refresh rates on these newer sets, it's just silly now.

I also curse Atlus for making Demon Souls Deluxe. Trying to tempt me to buy a frustratingly difficult game that I would otherwise have most certainly passed on by throwing in an exclusive 150 pg strategy guide! Bastards!

[quote name='gunm']I agree about the crazy refresh rates on these newer sets, it's just silly now.

I also curse Atlus for making Demon Souls Deluxe. Trying to tempt me to buy a frustratingly difficult game that I would otherwise have most certainly passed on by throwing in an exclusive 150 pg strategy guide! Bastards![/QUOTE]

Yeah I know right? I would probably waited until I could get it for under $20, but now I might just buy it new with the deluxe edition. Hopefully there will be some different pre-order bonus as well, but I doubt it.

I wish I knew how to use this Telltale Game Coupon Code. I want to play Strong Bad Episode 3 >_<

edit: Nevermind, I figured it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that was just a Google Chrome issue
like the spoiler tag issue and having to refresh to un-spoiler it again

[quote name='KingBroly']I thought that was just a Google Chrome issue
like the spoiler tag issue and having to refresh to un-spoiler it again
.[/QUOTE]

Nope. I use firefox and have gotten it before.

The imaginary page is pretty sweet actually. bitches come up and they're like "oh, you're on page 1339" and I'm like yeah, I haven't finished reading the thread yet and they're like "damn you a fast reader" and I'm like almost, almost done.

It's weird that a lot of people think that games released lately are awesome. I'm burned out on games lately. UFC is great, Bigs 2 is so much fun.. but other things (Juarez, Bionic Commando, Hawx, Ghostbusters, Fight Night, etc) are so bland to me. Red Faction and Prototype are fun. I like Prototype just for running around and causing mayhem. I hate timed, rescue and protect missions, and that game is full of them. inFAMOUS is pretty fun as well. There's not much to look forward to for me, either.. Left 4 Dead 2 and Assassin's Creed 2 are pretty yawn inducing, I couldn't care less about Halo.. MW2 and Heavy Rain are the only things I'm hyped for.

Maybe it's from working retail, but gaming is kind of.. boring right now.

I'm enjoying UFC thus far also, haven't successfully gotten a submission yet but i'm getting better at moving around on the ground.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Wrestling games suck... who likes these games?![/QUOTE]

The wrestling games on the N64, No Mercy, Wrestlemania and stuff were AWESOME.

[quote name='fizzywix']The wrestling games on the N64, No Mercy, Wrestlemania and stuff were AWESOME.[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed those N64 wrestling games.

[quote name='fizzywix']The wrestling games on the N64, No Mercy, Wrestlemania and stuff were AWESOME.[/QUOTE]

Agree , but to be more exact , AKI's wrestling games are the really good ones. Noted since AKI has put out good wrestling games on other systems , and that there were some crappy wrestling games on the 64 (most were ports from the PS1 but thats beside the point).

WCW World Tour , WCW Revenge , WWF Wrestlemania 2000 , WWF No Mercy , as well as the more ignored/forgotten Def Jam Vendetta and Ultimate Muscle : Muscle vs New Generation , were all excellent games.

I LOVED Def Jam Vendetta :D

Me and my bro used to play it all the time.

Scarface was hard for me to take down at the point you were at in Story mode :/

[quote name='Azumangaman']EB's all sold out of MSG4 :p

And Darkness, I don't like every game. Just most. Fracture, for instance, is trash.
But BlazBlue is special. I have a lot more fun playing it than SFIV, and SFIV is fantastic.
Just sayin.[/QUOTE]

Blazblue is awesome.

I never like SF though, so I agree that it's more fun than it :whee:

Tried the demo for Battlefield 1943 tonight.

Bought Battlefield 1943 tonight. Wake Island is fucking great! Never played 1942 back in the day.

Also got Bionic Commando (again) Spore, and Henry Hatsworth from the $20 deal thinger. No Deadly Creatures, though.

Alex Mason really can't take much of a beating. The Parker high priority building should be interesting. Especially since I can't seem to figure out the cover system. It said to push against a flat surface and hit LB, but Alex keeps sprinting into the wall.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I LOVED Def Jam Vendetta :D

Scarface was hard for me to take down at the point you were at in Story mode :/[/QUOTE]

It kinda bummed me out how Fight for N.Y. changed the format of the game from being a straight up wrestling game to being more of a fighting game , or even mixed martial arts kinda thing. It was still a good game , but just wasn't the same. I wasn't a fan of Icon though. I appreciate the creativity of the game itself , but didn't really enjoy it all that much.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Wrestling games suck... who likes these games?![/QUOTE]

Unless ur talking about N64 ones... those were good.

makes me miss playing Rumble Roses with a friend to be honest...

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']That's why I'm only playing older titles right now. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I hear you. I started on Chrono Trigger again. I have much more fun on those games than ones out today. I also started Deus Ex and Indigo Prophecy again, and I'm going to play through Breakdown again in the next week or so.

Some days, I just want to sell all of my games, you know? There's nobody in the market for 200+ complete XBox games, though. I've got a lot of rare GBA games that don't seem to be worth much anymore (Ninja Five-O, Doom, Doom 2, Wolfenstein 3D, Duke Nukem), older complete GB games.. I just don't play any of it and I could use the extra cash.

[quote name='Scorch']It's weird that a lot of people think that games released lately are awesome. I'm burned out on games lately. UFC is great, Bigs 2 is so much fun.. but other things (Juarez, Bionic Commando, Hawx, Ghostbusters, Fight Night, etc) are so bland to me. Red Faction and Prototype are fun. I like Prototype just for running around and causing mayhem. I hate timed, rescue and protect missions, and that game is full of them. inFAMOUS is pretty fun as well. There's not much to look forward to for me, either.. Left 4 Dead 2 and Assassin's Creed 2 are pretty yawn inducing, I couldn't care less about Halo.. MW2 and Heavy Rain are the only things I'm hyped for.

Maybe it's from working retail, but gaming is kind of.. boring right now.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly how I've felt for a while. I only really play fighters anymore, and I'm only looking forward to 3 games this fall. Oh well, more money to spend on drum shit. :)

Finished Too Human. Last level was really :puke: Game suddenly became a buggy piece of shit. Three people are talking over the radio simultaneously, Odin starts talking before he is interrupted by the ending of the game, the valkyrie that comes to pick up my body sometimes misses it, and sometimes clips right through the floor.

In the first scene of the last level, I hadn't killed enough enemies to open the exit door, but when I walked up to the closed door, my team would still walk right through it. It used to be fun to juggle people in the air, but now everyone runs right at you and crowds up, so when you come down from being in the air you kind of land on their head, and you can't really land or move until you wiggle yourself down onto the floor properly. Oh well, at least it was short.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I LOVED Def Jam Vendetta :D

Scarface was hard for me to take down at the point you were at in Story mode :/[/QUOTE]

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck DMX.

:bomb:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Heaven or Hell mode is fucked up. :shock:
I can say I will never try Hell or Hell mode... fuck that, I'd break about 37 controllers and then snap my 360 in half.[/QUOTE]

I love that game.

[quote name='StarKnightX']It kinda bummed me out how Fight for N.Y. changed the format of the game from being a straight up wrestling game to being more of a fighting game , or even mixed martial arts kinda thing. It was still a good game , but just wasn't the same. I wasn't a fan of Icon though. I appreciate the creativity of the game itself , but didn't really enjoy it all that much.[/QUOTE]
It was weird, once other Def Jam games came out, I felt like I was going to be disappointed so I never went for them.

[quote name='manthing']Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck DMX.

:bomb:[/QUOTE]
"Stop actin' like a bitch, dog"

Shit, that whole last run in story mode was pretty brutal.

The one part I had to retry a lot was the 3 on 1. That was a bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back