General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Katamari Forever demo was fun. Looks like KF will be the first perfectly playable Katamari game since We Love Katamari. The powerup that causes everything you could roll up to be sucked to the katamari in the second level was pretty cool.

symmetrical sticks just feel right for that game

Slowdown in the first level where you're growing the flowers sucks though.
I wish things like that could be part of the past.
Luckily it's just when you're getting out of the water, but it's pretty bad for those 2-3 seconds.

I didn't realize you could do a little hop in the game too.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yeah, though Namco's been releasing a bunch of free DLC lately, so I'm hoping that continues with KF.[/QUOTE]

Well its without a doubt happening with Tekken 6.

Microsoft doesn't repair 360 official controllers do they? My red one is starting to show some wear and tear. Left stick is a little loose and left bumper spring is almost shot.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Next thing you know, someone'll let it slip that Al Gore created the internet.[/QUOTE]

Fixed that for you.

I almost feel like i'm getting burned out on gaming. Whenever I get home and have free time I seem to find excuses to not finish game xyz.

So, I guess all of you stubborn hardcore gamers aren't interested in Wii Sports Resort this weekend?

I can't wait - It's looking really really great.

I think I'm getting it because it's essentially $30 at TRU on Sunday. Should be at least a little fun, but I'll probably never shell out for more WM+'s. It's no Prototype, after all.

Yikes. There is exactly 1 game/week I'm interested in, for almost 2 months straight. Never gonna get it all done.
8/24 - Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
8/31 - Dissidia: Final Fantasy
9/8 - Muramasa: The Demon Blade
9/15 - Scribblenauts
9/22 - Persona PSP
9/29 - Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
10/6 - Demon's Souls
10/13 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nyprimus4']How much do you guys think I can sell this stuff for on craigslist? I'm trying to get rid of the hardware and also the games I otherwise wouldn't be able to sell for $2 anywhere, there are 21 games. My other, more valuable, games I want to trade online for PS3 games.

20GB Xbox 360 Premium
Two Official Wireless Controllers
Official HD Component/Composite Cable
Official Wireless Headset (works perfectly)
Official Mini DVD Remote
Official 64MB Memory Card (with PC adapter to transfer game saves and such)
Rock Band Guitar, Drum Set, and Microphone

Big Bumpin'
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
King Kong
Madden NFL 07
Madden NFL 08
NBA 2K7
NBA 2K8
NHL 08
NHL 2K6
PocketBike Racer
Rainbow Six Vegas
Rock Band
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis
Sneak King

Brute Force
ESPN College Hoops 2K5
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Guilty Gear X2 #Reload
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
NCAA Football 2005/Top Spin
Star Wars Battlefront II

$300?[/QUOTE]

I'm still confused as to why you want to sell your 360 stuff and get a PS3, which in turn you will pretty much buy the same games.

Like I said, save your money NOW and get a slim when it comes out.

[quote name='jer7583']So, I guess all of you stubborn hardcore gamers aren't interested in Wii Sports Resort this weekend?

I can't wait - It's looking really really great.[/QUOTE]

Nah, rather not play frisbee. Have fun.

[quote name='pete5883']I think I'm getting it because it's essentially $30 at TRU on Sunday. Should be at least a little fun, but I'll probably never shell out for more WM+'s. It's no Prototype, after all.

Yikes. There is exactly 1 game/week I'm interested in, for almost 2 months straight. Never gonna get it all done.
8/24 - Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
8/31 - Dissidia: Final Fantasy
9/8 - Muramasa: The Demon Blade
9/15 - Scribblenauts
9/22 - Persona PSP
9/29 - Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
10/6 - Demon's Souls
10/13 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves[/QUOTE]

Dang, when you put it that way, I'm almost but not really in the same boat as you!

What I'll do is hold off on Layton, Dissidia, Persona, and KH DS. That should ease the pain for me.

gosh I have been playing nothing but PC games for the past week

btw, how much should I sell my 360 package for?

Core w/ 20gb HDD
1 wireless controller
1 plug-n-play kit
1 nyko dvd remote
Gears of War 2 (disc only)
Halo 3 (disc only)

$140 too much to ask?

@seanr1221 - keep the credit

[quote name='jer7583']So, I guess all of you stubborn hardcore gamers aren't interested in Wii Sports Resort this weekend?[/QUOTE]
It's not that I'm not interested in the game. It's just I have better things I can spent my money on. So unless I good deal comes along I can wait to pick it up.

[quote name='gunm']Why u backin' out of KOF sean?[/QUOTE]

The more I read about it, the less interested I get. Plus, MvC2 comes out Wednesday. Once Amazon gets my order in and I get my TE stick I know I'll only want to play that, BB and SFIV.

[quote name='jer7583']So, I guess all of you stubborn hardcore gamers aren't interested in Wii Sports Resort this weekend?

I can't wait - It's looking really really great.[/QUOTE]

fuck that garbage. Nintendo is dead to me.

[quote name='mykevermin']You should wait for the PS3 Slim that's rumored to have a 320GB HDD and full PS2 BC.

The name for the new chipset in that console is "Godot."[/QUOTE]

Zing.

[quote name='dallow']Buy Little Kings Story over WSR.[/QUOTE]
That game looks a lot like Fat Princess... I thought it was an early concept image of FP when I first saw it.

[quote name='seanr1221']The more I read about it, the less interested I get. Plus, MvC2 comes out Wednesday. Once Amazon gets my order in and I get my TE stick I know I'll only want to play that, BB and SFIV.[/QUOTE]

MvC2 next Wednesday? Dang.

Yeah, I'm gonna hold off on KOF too. I have a funny feeling it's going drop like a stone in price quickly, and anyways I barely touched BlazBlue still. Oh wellz...

[quote name='mykevermin']You should wait for the PS3 Slim that's rumored to have a 320GB HDD and full PS2 BC.

:rofl:

Just 1000/1000 GS'd Prince of Persia today. What a cliff hanger ending though, and then the developers have the nerve to ask you to buy an 800 MS add-on which actually gives you the correct ending. Why couldn't Ubisoft explain the ending you know, in the ACTUAL RETAIL GAME and not nickel-and-dime players? Or even better, explain the ending in a sequel.

And even if you don't buy the add-on, your game is still shown as incomplete since the DLC adds 10 achievements to the existing 50 available. So I have 50/60 achievements, even though I completed the game, and never bought the DLC. Seems like nowadays developers are forcing players to buy, buy, buy extra shit that could have just been on the game.

I forgot how much fun SF4 is.

It kinda makes me realize I'll never play blazblu.

I want to start learning Ryu, but that's a long road to start walking. It's so much easier just to play chun..

:lol: Best thing ever posted on the internet.

and fuck KOF12. Game sounds like more of a rip off every time I read about it. also looks slow and boring. HDR, BlazBlue and SF4 are more than enough. So i'll get it at sub-$20 since I gotta see the sprites in action.

[quote name='jer7583']I forgot how much fun SF4 is.

It kinda makes me realize I'll never play blazblu.

I want to start learning Ryu, but that's a long road to start walking. It's so much easier just to play chun..[/QUOTE]

I tried to go play SF4 after not playing for a month AND playing BlazBlue for a week, and I couldn't do it. My Chun was even worse than she was before. If I start SF4 back up, I will be learning Ryu. I'll likely never be able to play a charge character again.

And go buy BlazBlue, it's the most fun game I've played all year.

I have zero interest in kof. I've never played any of that series.

I own blazblu and I've played it, I just don't get it. I don't really want to learn all the new shit. Every time I try to I just think I should be playing SF4 instead.

[quote name='dallow']Buy Little Kings Story over WSR.[/QUOTE]

I second this. Played about a few hours of Little King and damn is it good. Reminds me of Animal Crossing mixed with Chulip. Did one of the guys who made Chulip make this?

oh and fuck... wow. holy shit. the presentation of Wipeout Fury is epic. I mean slick dosn't even define how superb the sense of style the game has.

Okay BlazBlu is up for sale on amazon.

Maybe if they had some kinda learning mode to ease you into this shit but the relentless rushdown type of gameplay that game has isn't easy to learn, and all the goofy specials and defense shit and combo breakers. It's just not my thing.

[quote name='jer7583']Okay BlazBlu is up for sale on amazon.

Maybe if they had some kinda learning mode to ease you into this shit but the relentless rushdown type of gameplay that game has isn't easy to learn, and all the goofy specials and defense shit and combo breakers. It's just not my thing.[/QUOTE]

Selling used games for $55 + $4 shipping? Is it BM to think that if someone buys that you are getting one hell of a deal? Or does amazon take such a high cut you're losing more than I think?

Started Iron man today, it really doesn't seem that bad.

Bollocks. Only the 360 edition of blazblue is available; i only have a PS3 stick.

At least I have Shatter and Monkey Island to tide me over for a bit.

I just list a few dollars below the lowest price. Someone will probably undercut me by morning, and then you just leap frog each other until it sells, basically. It'll probably go for $45 if I'm lucky.

But yeah I expect amazon to take around $10 of that. The shipping is amazon mandated.

Does the inFAMOUS protagonist ever get a way to get around the city quickly, besides the rail grind?

Gets sooooo boring running/climbing to get place to place

[quote name='Maklershed']Beat Red Faction :whee:[/QUOTE]
I've got one more mission in Badlands then it's on to Oasis for me. I'm having fun taking out medium/high importance targets.

The game still loves to fuck me over though, even on casual. I can use a marauder raid as cover to take out a high importance target, but if I try a simple radio mission where all I have to do is defend a building, I keep failing due to a sudden case of the tank.

RFG is becoming a love it or hate it game for me. I really don't like Volition's way of making things difficult by throwing more enemies on the fire. But the destruction is so much fun, plus multiplayer.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yo, GGTer's. Does anyone want a 3 month XBL Gold membership code? Message me, I got a couple. =)[/QUOTE]

I'll trade a vow to never insult your assburgers again for one.

Jer, it's not all that complicated. I play Jin, and even with my meager skill it's pretty easy to stop the people that endlessly rushdown. The defense stuff isn't hard to understand at all, and the goofy specials are what make the game unique.

[quote name='ninja dog']and fuck KOF12. Game sounds like more of a rip off every time I read about it. also looks slow and boring. HDR, BlazBlue and SF4 are more than enough. So i'll get it at sub-$20 since I gotta see the sprites in action.[/QUOTE]

pumped for KoF....bored of BB. too small of a roster, and failed to live up to the GG-like hype. Still a good game though, just boring.

[quote name='DarthPuma']I'll trade a vow to never insult your assburgers again for one.[/QUOTE]
Nah, I like it (it means you care about me). And besides you didn't message me. And all the codes are now gone!

I got a ton of messages (a lot from non CAGers) I just did it randomly. So sorry if ya didn't get one. I'll hopefully get more stuff soon + free Sony swag.

[quote name='whoknows']I call something from the Sony stuff if you give it away :D

P.S. Did I ever tell you I love you?[/QUOTE]
Actually... no... no you havent. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back