General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='KingBroly']So...they didn't date Mass Effect 2, yet they date everything else? Or did I miss it?[/QUOTE]
:drool: My most anticipated game. That, and AC2. Why haven't they given a release date yet?!

Just completed Fear 2, and I am now mightily confused on the outcome...

Also, I missed one Reflex Injector when I searched high and low in every level!

Yeah, i'll probably "try" it before buying Dissidia. I liked what I played of the Japanese version okay. It seems a bit.. spastic, and loose though.

I am really, really impressed by Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway. Really fun, very puzzle-like shooter, and the story is really well done.

Shame about the 1st gen Unreal 3 shit though. A lot of the cutscenes are ugly despite how well written and acted they are.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']download the demo jer[/QUOTE]

It's actually easier to "try" the japanese version since they seem to have restricted the demo for CFW users. Which totally makes sense, bork the official way so that it pushes users right into the easier, more illegal way to play it!

I played a few matches, didn't really understand anything, because it was all japanese story stuff.

[quote name='jer7583']It's actually easier to "try" the japanese version since they seem to have restricted the demo for CFW users. Which totally makes sense, bork the official way so that it pushes users right into the easier, more illegal way to play it!

I played a few matches, didn't really understand anything, because it was all japanese story stuff.[/QUOTE]

yeah without explanation the game is pretty unplayable. the demo is pretty much a tutorial.

I'm 50/50 on the game but i'll get it on gamefly.

Dissidia didn't look good in previews, and the demo wasn't any better. Unfortunately, it is one of those rare cases where you really can judge a book by it's cover.

[quote name='jer7583']It's actually easier to "try" the japanese version since they seem to have restricted the demo for CFW users. Which totally makes sense, bork the official way so that it pushes users right into the easier, more illegal way to play it!

I played a few matches, didn't really understand anything, because it was all japanese story stuff.[/QUOTE]
I don't follow your logic. You're annoyed because you have unauthorized firmware on your PSP, which Sony is against, that doesn't work with Sony's official software. In what way is the official way "borked."

So everything on the Japan store works with CFW? If that's true, then that is a little strange.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gunm']So everything on the Japan store works with CFW? If that's true, then that it is a little strange.[/QUOTE]
No, he downloaded a cracked, Japanese version of the game. Hence the quotes around try.

MAG fucking sucks man. Well, the setup anyways.

The server is never up. It takes forever to get in, and the damn thing just crashed me back to the XMB.

[quote name='zewone']MAG fucking sucks man. Well, the setup anyways.

The server is never up. It takes forever to get in, and the damn thing just crashed me back to the XMB.[/QUOTE]
I had no problem getting in a game.

That being said, I don't care for it. I suck at shooters in general, but this one far more than normal...

Also the server has certain times. It closed like 3 hours ago.

It's open right now, but I'm still in queue.

They're supposed to have a big event for the press in an hour so they want people to play to show off whatever it is they want to show off.

I just want to play.

[quote name='zewone']I just want to play.[/QUOTE]

You'll be in thrillsville when you spawn only to be sniped a tenth of a second later, to wait 10-15s to respawn, and then be sniped by the same camper.

:lol:

Don't bother.

I'm still working my way through the stupid update. It'll give me an error at some point and has started kicking me off of PSN in the past hour or so, so I'm still 800MB short of even playing the damn beta.

(PSN) Dead Nation - Debut Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BpWURfYFFM

Don't feel that envious over Shadow Complex anymore. :bouncy: Konami still haven't released their top-down zombie shooter: (PSN, XLA) Zombie Apocalypse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVTPk_9h5Xg

Dead Nation needs to have a deep upgrade system and linear level design if it's a solo game to compete against Zombie Apocalypse which is a boxed-in arena with 4 players massing the most points till they die.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm still working my way through the stupid update. It'll give me an error at some point and has started kicking me off of PSN in the past hour or so, so I'm still 800MB short of even playing the damn beta.[/QUOTE]

same here.

Rei I don't understand Sony's logic in disabling the demo version of all things from being played on custom firmware when the full unmodified version runs just fine.

It's just backwards, why not make it difficult to run the one they want you to buy and allow CFW users to try the demo? Makes no sense.

If the US version of Dissidia doesn't work on CFW I'm not buying or playing it. I'm not that crazy about the game.

[quote name='jer7583']Rei I don't understand Sony's logic in disabling the demo version of all things from being played on custom firmware when the full unmodified version runs just fine.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty basic, really. The demo is tied to an account that it was downloaded from.

The disc is just a disc.

Also, the PSPGo exists for a reason.

I don't see what you don't get: downloadable programs from this point on should implement this feature so you can't enjoy those games at all. If they could do that to the disc-based games, do you think they wouldn't?

best box art I've seen in a long time:

51vbPMKrHAL.jpg

not because it's funny or anything, it's just the first boxart this year to make me smile.

Played the Shadow Complex demo before work.

My only real issues are with the game are technical (extreme bloom lighting in parts (UE3 engine...), and the damn voices come out of all the speakers at once which sounds awful and is disorienting, the game is Dolby Digital, should use the center speaker!)

Gameplay is excellent though, especially after the first dull part with the Dallas guy in the suit. Love sidescrolling, love the map, love the style.
Story cutscenes are dumb though.

It's like a mini adventure with Nathan Drake in an alternate universe.

[quote name='manthing']Getting pooped out of an angry, giant salamander = good times![/QUOTE]
I annihilated the inner core and then when I saw the pulsating membrane I realized what was truly going on.

[quote name='zewone']Get the fuck out of here.

Lost Planet 2 > whatever Japanophile game is hot right now.[/QUOTE]
lol

Honestly, I didn't think it was all THAT good. I liked it, but then I also liked the first game. It plays pretty much the exact same. It's definitely a "wait for price drop" game for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back