General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='zewone']Point proven. :cool:[/QUOTE]
I don't get it...
[quote name='hankmecrankme'];)

Batmang next week. [/QUOTE]
Yup! That's the next big game for me.

I wish there was a way to turn down the Sensitivity of the aiming in Shadow Complex. I want to aim for the guys' heads, not above their heads or their necks. Sheesh.

The more you develop your precision stat, the easier it'll be to get headshots. So eventually you can waltz into a room of baddies and get headshots effortlessly. The idea being you aren't a badass murder machine from the get-go.

Man, I realized I've totally nerded out this summer on games. Finished a 3rd play through of Marvel:UA, played through Lego Batman, Iron Man, Transformers 2, Starting on X-men wolverine soon, and then after that Batman:AA and M:UA2.

Also, I have a ton of Arcade games to finish playing through
1. Braid, I haven't touched since I bought it half price
2. Splosion Man (I'm maybe 1/4 way though the levels)
3. Trials HD (about halfway through medium)
4. MvC2 (need to lug out my arcade stick after I put it away for a party)
5. Turtles in Time (waiting to find some people to play through it with me)

p.s. Going to a Blink-182 concert on friday woo!

Is there anything cool you can do with 400 points on XBL. I want to get Shadow Complex, but I can't justify buying a card and just having 400 points lying there.

I've bought:

Groov - If Geometry Wars with a music aspect to the game. - probably 200 points
Miner Dig Deep - You dig for stuff to sell so you can buy better equipment so you can dig some more. - probably 200 points

Demos I've enjoyed:

I Made A Game With Zombies!!! - Dual-stick shooter featuring zombies and other things from the guy that made The Dishwasher. - 80 points
Halfbrick Echoes - Arcade game where you collect these crystals while shadows follow the path you've walked. - 200 points
Japanese Zelda Clone - It's pretty much an HD clone of Zelda with some slight changes so they probably can't be sued. - Might have been taken down since I can't find it.
CarneyVale Showtime - Platformer about throwing a ragdoll clown around a level. - 400 points

You should probably just look through the top-rated games and download the demos of anything that looks interesting.

I wish I could not feel bad about blowing $60 on wolfenstein. I'd like to play it, but I know there's better uses for my monies.

[quote name='jer7583']I wish I could not feel bad about blowing $60 on wolfenstein. I'd like to play it, but I know there's better uses for my monies.[/QUOTE]
Same here. Good thing I can just sign it out.

[quote name='mykevermin']Seen a Wal-Mart today:

360 Saints Row 2 in Platinum Hits packaging: $39.99
PS3 Saints Row 2 in standard non-GH packaging: $29.99

:lol: Luv WM.[/QUOTE]

You should see how much they're charging for Saints Row on the Marketplace.

Re: GRiD PS3--the full game doesn't freeze or any of that. It's a good game.

The last pic in dallow's post? Lego Final Fantasy, lol.

Got the beta invitation-to-register email for MAG, seeing what I am affectionately going to refer to as the DoucheMAG staring at me only reaffirmed how little I want to play that game.

I remember trying to use the Beaterator on R*'s site way back when it first went up, and it was very unintuitive and therefore useless. I don't see anyone buying it, unless they do some serious advertising.

I really started to like the Batman demo towards the end there.
It's cheap on Amazon with all the coupons/promos..... I don't know.

I'll try WET when I get home.

[quote name='shrapnelistic']@dallow
Yeah, that worked (Dirt 2 is alright). Huzzah for loopholes! [/QUOTE]I hear the demo has online racing. Can't wait to try it.

Every time the windshield wipers go off I...

cum.gif

... just a little.

Hell yes.

I love these kind of visceral racing games.
It was the main reason I bought such a large TV. I remember playing F1 on a 70" somewhere and thinking, "I gotta have this at home".

Ooh, Bloody Roar on PSN. My cousins and I used to play the demo for hours on end. We called it "Slutty Whore" and thought we were really clever.

[quote name='pete5883']Ooh, Bloody Roar on PSN. My cousins and I used to play the demo for hours on end. We called it "Slutty Whore" and thought we were really clever.[/QUOTE]

You were more clever then you realize. Someone picked up the rights to your idea:

1172611713_1130743992battle_raper2_1.jpg

I can sadly say I use to have this game at one point.

Does everyone have a racing wheel, but me in Dirt 2 or do I just suck that badly? Don't answer.

HUD is too distracting, RD Grid's HUD was perfect. Dirt 2 will win "Menu of the Year".

dirt2menuwinner001.jpg

Windshield wipers should've worked in Far Cry 2 to clean blood splatter off the glass. :lol:

fardrive2blood.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Three extreme challenges left in Trials HD. The game has completely ceased to be fun, my hands hurt from gripping the controller so hard, and each level is taking at least 200 resets. I'm going to finish this goddamn game, even if it kills me.

Dirt 2 demo was really impressive. Might have to pick that up over Forza 3, I want some new racing game this Christmas.

I finished Brothers in Arms, a damn fine game if you can get it cheap. I had a great time with it.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Three extreme challenges left in Trials HD. The game has completely ceased to be fun, my hands hurt from gripping the controller so hard, and each level is taking at least 200 resets. I'm going to finish this goddamn game, even if it kills me.[/QUOTE]

I'm only on the medium levels and my hand starts cramping from the controller. Luckily this is on 360 and not PS3, or I'd have arthritis already from the DS3 and its excellent :roll: triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back