General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I hope they send you more free PSPs Darkness, u deserve em.[/QUOTE]
Hey thanks ReRo. :) I did manage to get a bunch of free games! So, if anyone wants inFamous and has something good to trade (Red Faction) message me.

[quote name='BlueScrote']My hand cramps on the DS3, but not really with the 360 controller (granted I haven't played COD on the 360).[/QUOTE]

Same here--well DS1 and 2, haven't played PS3 much. But I hated the small size and side by side analog sticks which sometimes gave me cramps on the PS2.

360 controller gives me no problems and is probably the most comfortable controller I've used dating back to the NES. Only gripe is the crappy D-Pad but I need to use it so seldom that it's pretty much moot.

Whoops, I got your PMs mixed up with someone elses.

I think you should just give it to me for a super cheap price since I'm always nice to you :bouncy:

I don't really think either the Xbox or 360 controllers were built for comfort. Hard plastic and convex buttons are what you put on controllers when you want to punish people's hands.

Did people have high hopes for Mini Ninjas? Especially after the comments I thought it was going to be terrible. But I actually really enjoy it... I may even pick it up. I love the open ended feeling of it and riding down the rapids on your hat boat. Real simple fun.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']360 is one of the most comfortable controllers ever, hoss.[/QUOTE]
Yea! That is the problem! Every time I hold the darn thing I fall asleep cause it is so damn comfy!

Hey to anyone who owns one of these 42' Panasonic Plasmas I got -

I have HDMI running from my 360 to the tv and then an optical cable running from the tv to my onkyo 5.1 setup. - Is this the right way to set this up?

Instead of showing dolby 5.1 or whatever that it used to show when I had it plugged directly from 360 to reciever it now has something like "Neo 6 Movie" and it shows the DD logo but it seems not as loud or using the surround sound as much.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Did people have high hopes for Mini Ninjas? Especially after the comments I thought it was going to be terrible. But I actually really enjoy it... I may even pick it up. I love the open ended feeling of it and riding down the rapids on your hat boat. Real simple fun.[/QUOTE]

I haven't even heard about it before this week but I absolutely loved the demo. I played it twice. (on pc and 360)

If the reviews show that it takes more than 5 or 6 hours to beat, I'll get it.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']360 is one of the most comfortable controllers ever, hoss.[/QUOTE]

The hamburger controller for the OG Xbox was a little better but the 360 controller is definitely second best IMO. The PS3 controller is way to small and the dome analog nubs are turrble. Plus I hate the fact that they're parallel.

I hated the original X-box controller as it was just too damn big IMO. The type S was very good though, and with the 360 they just made the ergonomics a little better. I've never had any cramp or discomfort issues with the 360 controller even in some marathon sessions.

I also can't get the signal from my laptop via HDMI to fit the screen right - it' cutting off the border around all edges.. any tips? it doesn't seem to have an auto adjust function.

The 360 controller is nearly my favorite console controller ever...

...unless I have to use that fucking D-pad. That shit is b-a-n-a-n-a-s.

[quote name='Maklershed']Have you made anything yet TFN? If so, lets see it. :)[/QUOTE]Yea. I'll upload 'em when I get my memory card back from the girlfriend.

[quote name='jer7583']Hey to anyone who owns one of these 42' Panasonic Plasmas I got -

I have HDMI running from my 360 to the tv and then an optical cable running from the tv to my onkyo 5.1 setup. - Is this the right way to set this up?

Instead of showing dolby 5.1 or whatever that it used to show when I had it plugged directly from 360 to reciever it now has something like "Neo 6 Movie" and it shows the DD logo but it seems not as loud or using the surround sound as much.[/QUOTE]Not right at all.

There are almost no TVs (i don't know of one) that pass surround from a source and out of the optical of the TV.

The TV and the 360 each need to be connected to the receiver.

Neo 6 is Onkyo's version of Pro-Logic II, and it says that because it's only getting a stereo signal from the 360.

You'll only get surround out of the TV with OTA digital broadcasts.

360 controller dosn't deserve top status for the d-pad alone. They got everything else right down for games this gen, but anything that plays like stuff pre-this gen can't be played for shit...

[quote name='dmaul1114']Same here--well DS1 and 2, haven't played PS3 much. But I hated the small size and side by side analog sticks which sometimes gave me cramps on the PS2.

360 controller gives me no problems and is probably the most comfortable controller I've used dating back to the NES. Only gripe is the crappy D-Pad but I need to use it so seldom that it's pretty much moot.[/QUOTE]

bumper buttons definitely suck. the face buttons aren't great either... merely average.

[quote name='dallow']Not right at all.

There are almost no TVs (i don't know of one) that pass surround from a source and out of the optical of the TV.

The TV and the 360 each need to be connected to the receiver.

Neo 6 is Onkyo's version of Pro-Logic II, and it says that because it's only getting a stereo signal from the 360.

You'll only get surround out of the TV with OTA digital broadcasts.[/QUOTE]

Hey thanks, any tips for getting HDMI to the TV and Optical to the reciever? reciever does not have HDMI unfortunately.

hrm.

odd that it reboots itself when you switch inputs. I do it a lot with my plasma to avoid image retention if i step away from the system.

I'll try to find one of those 3rd party cablers. Or just spend the $50. That's not the ideal, though.

Overlord is really great. And Outrun looks unbelievably good on the HDTV.

Any of you folks had problems with image retention on that panasonic?

I definitely could see the lifebar from overlord on screen after playing tonight - but running the white bar made it go away. I just don't want it to ever be permanent. I guess if you're playing more than an hour it's good to get up for 15 min and let the white bar thing run anyway.

The first 200-300 hours you'll notice this because the phosphors are fresh in the TV, they burn almost too brightly.
Make sure contrast and brightness are less than half during this period.

Should be improved after all the internals have aged a little bit and you won't have to worry about burn in being permanent.

---

I'll be 25 in a couple months.

I'll be 25 in 2 weeks. :whee:

After finishing Resident Evil : Code Veronica X , I have to say that between the REmake , 2 , 3 and CV , Code Veronica was possibly my least favorite resident evil game. It just didn't really do that much for me (save for laughing a lot at Alfred Ashford a bunch). It also seemed really hard for some reason (that was even with using a guide for help).

I turned 26 last month and I'm okay with that.

Thanks for the HDTV help guys.

I think I want to play that crysis again on this TV. with- GASP- a 360 controller!

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I'm packing for college GGT!!! freak me out.[/QUOTE]

Make sure you get out and socialize. The first two weekends of freshman year are probably the most memorable part of college for me. I start senior year next monday. fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back