General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello GGT. Our internet and phone went down on Tuesday, which is why I haven't been here D: Typing this from elsewhere; in the meantime, we're trying to get that shit fixed ASAP.

We did use our newly ample free time to beat Super Mario Galaxy, though :)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'm the new kendal. At least in the fact that I have a 20gb 360 HDD for sale if anyone needs one.[/quote]
Bitches always wanna be like me.

Fallout 3 is good.

just got fallout 3 and SR2
guess i'll pick up fable 2 when i do another set of offers on yf360 games
but 1st im ordering gears 2(whenever my MCRs decide to credit...)

Finally started Sonic Rush briefly on my flight today. It was ok, had the same gripes I always have about sonic games with a lot of trial and error deaths due to the speed and not being able to see what's coming up.

Hey nelo, any tips on good paypal offers?

I need a new computer. This bitch freezes wayyyy too much. It's driving me crazy.

The Mac Book Pro's are sadly out of my price range, which tops out at 1k. Any good laptops for that price? I need one capable of some gaming.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Hey nelo, any tips on good paypal offers?

I need a new computer. This bitch freezes wayyyy too much. It's driving me crazy.

The Mac Book Pro's are sadly out of my price range, which tops out at 1k. Any good laptops for that price? I need one capable of some gaming.[/quote]

i have no idea i dont use paypal

also whats a good starting build for fallout 3?
ive read raise int and luck anything else?

Dam, there's so many freaking demos to try out this week. I dl'd Tomb Raider and Banjo last night, and now I have to dl Mirror's Edge, SvR 09, and maybe Endwar. Someone let me know if teh PS3 AitD is worth dl'ing!

Gears.. so close. I'll probably finally finish one on insane this weekend. I got to mid act 4 at one point and it lost my checkpoint and I never started over just played it MP on Live to hell.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Hey nelo, any tips on good paypal offers?

The Mac Book Pro's are sadly out of my price range, which tops out at 1k. Any good laptops for that price? I need one capable of some gaming.[/quote]

HP DV5T with a 9800m GT. Wait for a 30% off coupon. notebookreview.com in the mean time.

YES! I finally found out how to perfectly wear the ShureSE210s. It was a bit of a challenge, but Shures site is incredibly informative. They sound fantastic now.

Are the LBP servers back up and stable? Not that I am going to turn on my PS3 anytime soon. Damn I didn't think I would get sucked into Fallout 3 like I am.

Also, how do you not know how to wear the Shures? Is there something I am missing? Not trying to be a dick. Honestly wondering.

[quote name='Jest']HP DV5T with a 9800m GT. Wait for a 30% off coupon. notebookreview.com in the mean time.[/quote]

9600 gt unless they changed it...thats what i got with mine

I have yet to play it since it's still downloading but I can't really say I like or dislike Mirrors Edge till I play it. I'm glad EA is open to new IPs but besides the level designs, I don't find much to like.

if it dosn't download tonight I'll be downloading it at work tomorrow since I'm taking my PS3 to work in the college computer lab and play it on the projector. genna be a long boring holloween for me. I get out early enough to party afterwards but I know I'll be too tired to do so.

[quote name='whoknows']Fine, I'll admit you're cool, but you'll never be tubular, or even radical.[/quote]
t24.jpg

damnit not getting the pc version of fallout 3 bothers me lol
but at least i was able to get the 360 version cheap better than waiting so i could afford the pc version i guess

Only thing I don't like about Fallout 3 is getting around is pretty rough and I can only play for hours in end. I really can't pop in the game for 15 minutes and due one thing, like scavenge shit to sell and then go sell it and stop playing. Oh well. It is pretty good. I have a week or so to get my play through the main quest before Gears 2 comes out and more time with LBP.

Played the Banjo demo tonight hoping for something better than I was hearing but god.. that game is HORRIBLE so far. Whoever decided to make most of it driving with those shitty controls needs fired. Canceled my preorder and just getting the original now off of live now.

So I can't get Fallout(original) to work on my computer. The game loads, it says "Please Wait" or whatever it is. The screen looks like a public broadcast error screen or whatever, then I get thrown back to my desktop. I'm very disappointed. Anyone know of this issue or how to get around the issue?

[quote name='Ahadi']So I can't get Fallout(original) to work on my computer. The game loads, it says "Please Wait" or whatever it is. The screen looks like a public broadcast error screen or whatever, then I get thrown back to my desktop. I'm very disappointed. Anyone know of this issue or how to get around the issue?[/quote]

What os you trying to run it on? If vista I believe you need the patches to make it work as it was made for 95 I believe. I could be wrong on os but I know it needs patched to work.

Yes, ME is up on PSN.

[quote name='Ahadi']So I can't get Fallout(original) to work on my computer. The game loads, it says "Please Wait" or whatever it is. The screen looks like a public broadcast error screen or whatever, then I get thrown back to my desktop. I'm very disappointed. Anyone know of this issue or how to get around the issue?[/QUOTE]

The GOG version is all patched up and ready to go on Vista/XP, apparently.

Morning GGT,

Played a couple of hours on Fallout 3 last night, managed to do a few things. One thing that annoys me a bit is the way the game makes you take winding routes to get to places cos the more direct routes are blocked by fallen buildings, minor thing but it was bugging me a bit.

Also spent about an hour on the Banjo: N&B demo. I wasn't sure about it at first as the first challange was a bit annoying but I enjoyed the other more race orientated challanges. I think for $37 with a free download of the XBLA game it's worth it, I'll be keeping my pre-order. Game looks really good and the music was great.

I played mirrors edge... don't know if it's good or bad. I wish it was more in the style of the story sequences then I'd be totally sold but the realistic vibe dosn't attract me.

[quote name='Lorddraco07']What os you trying to run it on? If vista I believe you need the patches to make it work as it was made for 95 I believe. I could be wrong on os but I know it needs patched to work.[/QUOTE]

I'm running it on Vista. I guess I need to look for patches then. I'm just bummed it won't run in 95 compatibility mode.

That Mirror's Edge demo is the shit...

But it's too short...

I gotta try and beat either Ninja Gaiden 2 this weekend so I can trade that and Orange Box for a $20 copy of Gears 2

:bouncy:

I wanted to trade in Rainbow Six Vegas 2, but it's not eligible on the ad with Gears 2 on it

Best part is that both TOB and NG2 cost me $20 each out of pocket within a week of their respective releases..:mrgreen:

Anyone been playing the Call of Duty World at War beta? I just don't like it.

It feels slower than COD4 so I don't get the same rush from playing it. The artillery strikes basically hold up the action because of the major screen shaking. And the dogs are so frustrating because you don't know where they're coming from (unlike the chopper from COD4)

I don't have a problem with the WWII guns and 2 of the 3 beta maps are fun but everything else feels like a step back from the previous game. I guess this is what it's like to play a Treyarch Call of Duty.

I like the artillery and dogs but I don't like the watered down guns. Also, the lack of night vision is a problem .. especially in a level like Makin which is completely dark.

Indeed Mak...

I don't think the MP in COD5 will have the same legs as COD4...

Only thing that can redeem it is the 4 Player Co-op campaign

[quote name='manthing']Indeed Mak...

I don't think the MP in COD5 will have the same legs as COD4...

Only thing that can redeem it is the 4 Player Co-op campaign[/quote]

...and the Nazi Zombies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back