General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good beer is expensive. 4 pack of Guinness is around $8 most everywhere. Hell I pay $10-15 fairly often for a single 1 pt, 6 oz bottle of a good micro brew or Beligian beer or a six pack of a good micro brew.

Also, Virginia has higher tax on alcohol than a lot of places so that adds some price for you. Most of my friends in Northern Va drive up to Maryland to by their alcohol.

Anyway, getting off topic and we have a beer thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204314

[quote name='dallow']
Anyone else getting Retro Game Challange tomorrow? Game looks hilarious.
Gamefan and EGM jokes included.[/QUOTE]

yeah, just preordered it! Can't wait.

also just picked up SSF2TRevival. It's fucking awesome! yep, the GBA version of Super Turbo is very playable and fun. and chip tune versions of all the stage music is an added bonus.

I've been on a GBA kick lately. The Game Crazy near me has a buy 2 @ $4.99 get one free. I got Double Dragon Advance, River City Ransom, and Gunstar Heroes. Does not get much better than that for $10.

If only I could get the elusive Ninja Five-O (for less than $30 cart only.)

Lunar is almost as bad as Growlancer, Mana Khemia, Ar Tonelico, and all that other j-crap that people buy just because it comes with a plush of some shitty generic character that no one cares about.

[quote name='ninja dog'] buy 2 @ $4.99 get one free. I got Double Dragon Advance, River City Ransom[/quote]

I'm trying to spite you as hard as I can right now. :bomb:

[quote name='FloodsAreUponUS']I sold my 15 dollar copy of Ar Tonelico on amazon for 70 dollars yesterday.

Who the hell is buying this stuff.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, but [your favorite deity here] bless 'em. I can't wait to unload some sealed mana khemia deluxe boxes when the sequel comes out :cool:

I actually get a lot of girls who buy these kinds of games. I should ask 4 pix

[quote name='SL4IN']I'm trying to spite you as hard as I can right now. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

*licks copies of DDA and RCR Ex* oh baby yeah so salty with the sweat of your previous owners

[quote name='ninja dog']*licks copies of DDA and RCR Ex* oh baby yeah so salty with the sweat of your previous owners[/quote]

Not as much on DDA, but man, I've been searching for a copy of RCR EX for a ridiculously long time, that along with Dodgeball Advance and Astro Boy.

I remember picking up Lunar for Sega CD back in the day. I found it boring.

The anime intro was nice, though.

DQIV has been ok so far.

I still have my special Lunar box for PSX.

Should I be interested in Onechanbara for 360?
It looks ridiculous enough to be pretty fun.

I kinda want Sacred 2 when it hits consoles next month.
I'm just worried there won't be much online action.

[quote name='SL4IN']Not as much on DDA, but man, I've been searching for a copy of RCR EX for a ridiculously long time, that along with Dodgeball Advance and Astro Boy.[/QUOTE]

Every EB/GS store in my area has Super Dodgeball in stock for $4.99. Paypal me $5 and its yours! :)

Astro Boy has dried up a little bit though, which is strange. That game used to be everywhere.

[quote name='dallow']Should I be interested in Onechanbara for 360?
It looks ridiculous enough to be pretty fun.[/quote]

If you like mindless hack n slash, you might like it.

[quote name='dallow']Should I be interested in Onechanbara for 360?
It looks ridiculous enough to be pretty fun.[/quote]

Yes, the PS2 one was ridiculously fun. I imagine the 360 one can only be better.

[quote name='gunm']If you like mindless hack n slash, you might like it.[/QUOTE]

if its like the PS2 versions, mindless doesn't even begin to describe it. the enemies don't attack. it's like the Wii Music of action games.

[quote name='ninja dog']Every EB/GS store in my area has Super Dodgeball in stock for $4.99. Paypal me $5 and its yours! :)

Astro Boy has dried up a little bit though, which is strange. That game used to be everywhere.[/quote]

Astro Boy has been pricey on and off though.

For reals on SDA? Send me a copy and you'll have $5 in your paypal asap!

[quote name='SL4IN']Astro Boy has been pricey on and off though.

For reals on SDA? Send me a copy and you'll have $5 in your paypal asap![/QUOTE]

Definitely. It's going to be cart only, obviously, since its eb/gs. PM me your address.

I guess I do technically have less feedback. so I'll send first.

[quote name='ninja dog']if its like the PS2 versions, mindless doesn't even begin to describe it. the enemies don't attack. it's like the Wii Music of action games.[/quote]
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

[quote name='manthing']:nottalking:

Then I guess you REALLY don't want it then.[/QUOTE]

I just don't want to get shot while trying to buy a videogame about ninjas.

My Gamestop smells like sweaty feet and armpits. It's like dudes work out there or something. The carpet is dirty and stained, the Rock Band drumsticks look like shivs, and the dudes working there are either clueless or douchebags.

It's a lovely place to shop.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']My Gamestop smells like sweaty feet and armpits. It's like dudes work out there or something. The carpet is dirty and stained, the Rock Band drumsticks look like shivs, and the dudes working there are either clueless or douchebags.

It's a lovely place to shop.[/quote]

+1

[quote name='dallow']There is one fancy GS here that's HUGE in comparison. Maybe the size of a CVS.

It's nice and they close at 11pm.[/quote]

:drool:

All the GSs near me are unbelievably small stores. Its funny because no other stores in the malls are of similar dimensions, so I'm not sure how they always manage to find the one room that is about 15 feet wide. The craziest GS I've come across is in the Columbia Mall. I honestly think it was a utility closet before they turned it into a store. My bedroom is bigger than that place.

Just beat Fallout 3, damn that ended quick. I was an evil, sweet-talkin, mercenary type. You decide what type of character I play next...
1) Big gun wielding agent of justice
2) Sneaky ninja death dealer
3) your idea here

I found fallout 3 to be a game you really have to take your time and do the side quests. I flew through it as well. Playing as a golden God basically added some challenge to it.

[quote name='dallow']I went to some VERY scary places for network adapters.
Never seen a GS with chains and bars on the doors and windows.

:([/quote]
When I started going to GameCrazys and GameStops like that... I realized my bargain hunting needed to stop.

How long did it take you guys to do the main quest in Fallout?

according to the list in the strat guide, I've done half of them. but I've also done a ton of sidequests and I'm at 40 hours. I want to blow through the rest of it though.

I play that game so slowly though...look at everything, take in the sights. probably the most atmospheric game I've ever played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back