General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='LostRoad']No more than blindly saying it sucks dick. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Nope.

It is the worst.

The worst current gen game thing. The worst.

From the person that says the Virtual Boy was a bigger success than the PSP, take it as you may.

[quote name='brak']
The pinball game on XBLA is pretty good.
[/QUOTE]Pretty much the same game by the same devs. Just new tables.

Bottles' puzzles are driving me crazy. I can't even do the third puzzle the controls are so clumsy. I lose at least 20 seconds because I slammed the corners into the wrong spot. A blind mole is giving me shit about it and I might as well just cry myself to sleep over this.

@jer

well of course it would be the worst handheld this gen since there is only 2 out currently. (no, the iTouch doesnt count) If you were to count the Gizmodo though, PSP would be 2nd ;)

For me personally, i enjoy the games on the PSP slighty more than the DS. I'm starting to love the obscure jap titles coming out for the DS more though. If I were to just stick with US games, then without a doubt PSP > DS.

Yard sale score! Picked up cart-only copies Prof. Layton, Puzzle Quest & Clubhouse Games, all for just $5 each at a yard sale yesterday.

Almost to the end of Bioshock. The awesomeness factor has kinda worn off. For the first two-thirds of the game I was searching every nook and cranny for everything. Now I'm just running and gunning my way to the end it seems. The exploration factor has gotten old I guess. Still a solid game tho.

I'm also getting towards the end of MGS2 I think. I stopped at the part where I'm running around naked.

[quote name='jer7583']Nope.

It is the worst.

The worst current gen game thing. The worst.[/QUOTE]

I consider the DS the worst system this gen game wise. The crappy graphics, crap sound and just overall cheapness of the system is terrible. I know most will disagree, but the DS screens are so effin tiny it makes the system seem like a joke to me.

I love the PSP, having some of the best portable games out there (Patapon, Resistance is flat out amazing and the soundtrack blows away 95% of console games in existence, among a ton of others). I also love the screen, the great movie playback, great browser, etc etc.

Overall i think the DS stinks next to the PSP.

[quote name='Maklershed']Wii from Dell for $225 after tax .. yay or nay?[/QUOTE]
Yuck.
Go buy something useful :)
Unless, of course, you actually want a Wii.

Damnit man, you reminded me of the one reason why I wanted it in the first place. :lol:

I guess I'm gonna pass from now. Maybe I can find a good used bundle deal on CAG one of these days.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']By a show of hands, who's commented in the latest console blog :D[/QUOTE]

I wasn't even gonna go there when I finished reading it.

Also , did you see my post in the Halo 3 annual achievement thread? Did you still want to go for it tonight?

[quote name='StarKnightX']I wasn't even gonna go there when I finished reading it.

Also , did you see my post in the Halo 3 annual achievement thread? Did you still want to go for it tonight?[/QUOTE]
Haha.

I wish I could but I only have access to my PS3 right now :/

Instead I'll be playing some Street Fightah IV

I am doing too much reading to be able to play Chrono Cross =/

The whole scheme is taking a lot of getting used to. The stamina system reminds me of Xenogears but past that I feel like I'm on entirely new ground. Elements, holy crap. I don't know what's consumable, what's not, how I use them blah blah blah.

[quote name='Maklershed']Started up Killzone Liberation again. That game is damn tough.[/QUOTE]
I want to get that, but I've got enough PSP stuff to play for now.

[quote name='Maklershed']Started up Killzone Liberation again. That game is damn tough.[/QUOTE]
Ugh, that fracken game is hard as crap. How far are you into Mass Effect?

[quote name='Moxio']Flak, CC is easy once you get used to it. I enjoyed the battle system a lot.[/QUOTE]
Any need to know basics about elements? It looks like everyone (Serge, Kid and Kroche or whatever) has a few assigned but they don't match their elemental affinity. I feel like I'm doing something wrong by changing them or hitting remove all and trying to just give them elements that match their affinities.

Dang Bionic Commando is fun.

And before you go checking my gamertag I've been playing it offline cause I'm using the ethernet cable on my laptop cause the wireless is fucked.

So I beat a Link to the Past yesterday and I'm already 5 hours into Chrono Trigger DS and I am in love so far. I would be playing it right now but I have no idea where my charger is so I'm either going to have to wait until I find it or am able to buy a new one.

After CT, I want to play Final Fantasy III/VI and Earthbound. After those, I'm hoping I'll have my new laptop and I plan on buying some games for that (WoW, Fallout 3, Mass Effect, Dead Space, The Witcher, Stalker, FEAR, etc.). I've never been a PC gamer so I have some catching up to do.

[quote name='Krymner']
I'm also getting towards the end of MGS2 I think. I stopped at the part where I'm running around naked.[/QUOTE]

Be sure to do a cartwheel.

[quote name='mrchainsaw']
After CT, I want to play Final Fantasy III/VI and Earthbound. After those, I'm hoping I'll have my new laptop and I plan on buying some games for that (WoW, Fallout 3, Mass Effect, Dead Space, The Witcher, Stalker, FEAR, etc.). I've never been a PC gamer so I have some catching up to do.[/QUOTE]

Be sure to get the Orange Box. Since I'm assuming you've never played Half Life 2, its one of the landmark games in PC gaming (IMO). Portal is a fun 3 hour diversion. and TF2 just keeps being updated and is always a good team-based multiplayer FPS.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']anyone get demigod? just got a copy with a 50% off coupon[/QUOTE]

If I can get a coupon from someone I will pick it up. I was a huge DOTA fan, and this looks to be very similiar, but fleshed out version of it.

EDIT: did get a coupon, downloading it now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played through Orange Box on 360 but I'll probably grab it again because I never really was able to play much of TF 2. Plus I'm guessing there are some fun mods out there.

[quote name='BlueScrote']
If I can get a coupon from someone I will pick it up. I was a huge DOTA fan, and this looks to be very similiar, but fleshed out version of it.

EDIT: did get a coupon, downloading it now.[/QUOTE]

nice whats ur impulse id?

So this blue-haired whore just showed up at the end of an operation in Valkyria Chronicles and proceeded to rape my entire team, leaving only the Edelweiss and one Lancer. I was all WTF.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']So this blue-haired whore just showed up at the end of an operation in Valkyria Chronicles and proceeded to rape my entire team, leaving only the Edelweiss and one Lancer. I was all WTF.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Selvaria is pretty :drool:.

Wait... Selvaria is... wait... *distracted*

d1ae468b056fe078b61e3e3.jpg

... what was that again?

Xbox Vision Camera had so much potential this generation. They should have used it for create a player in sports games to put your face straight into the game, that would have been awesome. I'm pretty sure the Pro Evolution series has implemented that (08 and 09 I believe) but I have no interest in Pro Evo.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Ugh, that fracken game is hard as crap. How far are you into Mass Effect?[/QUOTE]

Well I have over 15 hours in so far and the only main store lines I've completed so far are finding L'iara and exploring Feros. I've been doing a ton of assignments lately.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']nice whats ur impulse id?[/QUOTE]

Impulse ID is BlueScrote.

It took me forever to figure out what I had set it at originally because Its always just logged me in automatically and it doesn't really flaunt it like steamID.

I played my first (and well, only) game of it so far last night and it lasted an hour and a half. And this is after all I've heard is the game designed around short games (~20 min).

Still, I had a lot of fun even though my general kept on getting raped.

Quick, what original Xbox games should I get? I'm pretty open minded to anything except flat out racers, unless they're of the Twisted Metal/Mario Kart variety. Final stipulation, I need to play them on my 360.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Breakdown?[/QUOTE]

I remember buying that when it first came out. I was in like fifth grade, and that game scared the living shit out of me. No powers+instant killed by the bad guys=:whistle2:?

I don't think I ever beat it. I remember getting an electric goku ball thing and then selling the game to get Deux Ex Invisible War. :lol:

[quote name='Maklershed']Dayumn refusedchaos, I just saw your tl. Do you own an anime store or something?[/QUOTE]

haha naw, I bought a lot of DVDs from a wholeseller a while back.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back