General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='seanr1221']He has a house 10 minutes away from me :([/QUOTE]

10 minutes for the potential opportunity to shout "Hey Shamalama Ding Dong, your movies suck the fat one" at him, I'd be tempted :whistle2:k

All the US players were scrubs. Doesn't matter, though. They should at least know how to play. It makes us look bad.

What's with all these games being delayed? After years and years of games not being pushed, developers are jumping at the chance to delay their game. I don't get it. Maybe they're just fearful they'll lose their job or something so they want to keep the money coming in for a few extra months?

[quote name='Maklershed']Ah no I didn't see that. That's good news though. Any idea what episodes are gonna be in it?

And to stay on topic: Wii sucks[/QUOTE]

Here's a link
http://www.mst3kinfo.com/?p=3434

Some good eps there, and none I've seen before, which is nice.

Back on topic, I picked up Tiger Woods 10 on Wii with the Wii Motion plus thingy on Sunday, it's pretty decent.

The only slight problem I have with it is it seems to always fade my shot unless I get 100% power, prolly just my poor swing though.

Apart from that the game looks and plays well, it doesn't look as good as a 360 Tiger game obviously, but its not terrible.

Does the high importance bridge in the Badlands affect any transporter pro times?

PS: Mak I found that rover you were talking about last week, forgot to mention it. In the Badlands kinda near the safehouse yeah?

[quote name='KingBroly']All the US players were scrubs. Doesn't matter, though. They should at least know how to play. It makes us look bad.

What's with all these games being delayed? After years and years of games not being pushed, developers are jumping at the chance to delay their game. I don't get it. Maybe they're just fearful they'll lose their job or something so they want to keep the money coming in for a few extra months?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was more or less the US C team, but still sucks to lose that bad. They hadn't lost to Mexico on US soil since 1999.

Oh well, should be a better game in Mexico City in the WC qualifier coming up as we should have most of our A team for that one.

As for game delays, they've never bothered me. I don't come close to keeping up (or even ever playing) all the games that interest me so I'd rather them delay them and get them more polished than rush them out since I seldom pick up a game anywhere near launch anyway.

[quote name='Flak']This.

I took a girlfriend to see it, hoping to scare the crap out of her, but she was yawning the whole time.

Then she dumped me. fuck you Shamalama-ding-dong![/QUOTE]
You have no one to blame but yourself.

[quote name='benjamouth']Here's a link
http://www.mst3kinfo.com/?p=3434

Some good eps there, and none I've seen before, which is nice.[/QUOTE]

Nice. Yeah I have seen them recently. One I've been dying to see is that one with Basil Rathbone as a sorcerer. I forget the name of it though. I just remember it being funny and I know I haven't seen it since it originally aired. That and Final Sacrifice. Rowsdower!

[quote name='Flak']Does the high importance bridge in the Badlands affect any transporter pro times?

PS: Mak I found that rover you were talking about last week, forgot to mention it. In the Badlands kinda near the safehouse yeah?[/QUOTE]

I don't know but I refrained from blowing up bridges. You don't really need to. You can easily get the 1 billion in damage cheese by blowing up other buildings.

And yeah, the rover is in the southeast, in the general area of the easternmost safehouse.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']aww fuck... fat princess is out this week >_<

don't have the money to get it ATM. I want it but damn... bad time... too much stuff I'm playing.[/QUOTE]
It is? fuck.

was the beta for fat princess any good? or is it "cool art style hype" that happens all too often these days.

man, I want a blu-ray player and I figure that if I'm going to get a blu-ray player, I may as well get a PS3, since players seem to be around $200 anyway and if I wait, there'll be a price drop/PS3 slim. but I don't wanna wait :whistle2:(

I may just go for the player ala carte...nothing enticing on the PS3 that I don't already have on the 360/haven't played through. Besides maybe Killzone 2. Infamous looked alright, but every demo I play of it at every store makes it look like a jaggy mess with awful mission structure (seriously...activating the fucking train tracks, is that a joke?)

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']You have no one to blame but yourself.[/QUOTE]
I'm going to cry myself to sleep tonight on my huge pillow. And relish in my thick Scottish accent in the morning.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']aww fuck... fat princess is out this week >_<

don't have the money to get it ATM. I want it but damn... bad time... too much stuff I'm playing.[/QUOTE]

You could try putting your credit card in the PS3's disc slot. Apparently Wii's accept credit cards, so I imagine PS3's do too. Next gen feature and all that.

I surprisingly didn't want anything to do with the Fat Princess beta after the first 2 days. Maybe the hit-detection and the lock-on system is fixed, but even if it is, those gnomes on meth are as cute as Smurfs while resource management (wood, metal) was not needed at all.

It needs a map on the HUD. Also was hard to get past defenses making games average 30 minutes to an hour - an "uber shield" ability from Team Fortress 2 is desperately needed to keep the momentum... actually just port everything TF2 into Fat Princess and keep the camera and the princess identity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Modern Warfare 2 mulitplayer trailer looks real good.

Wii Sports Resort - Tied with SF4 for 2009 GOTY. Believe.

Comic Con Cosplayers - that don't suck!

cosplay_063_full.jpg

Some More Winners-
cosplay_376_full.jpg
cosplay_073_full.jpg
cosplay_143_full.jpg
cosplay_169_full.jpg
pedoprincess_08.jpg
cosplay_509_full.jpg

And..

THE TRASHY ONE!
cosplay_432_full.jpg

THE BULGE
cosplay_473_full.jpg

Thanks to Sony's lack of web integration w/PSN store and the fact that I'll be in LA on Thursday, I can safely pass on $15 Fat Princess this week. I might get it if enough people I know do, but yeah that price definitely gives me pause. I'd really prefer all PSN games at $9.99 or less, but oh well.

Well, I'll definitely get Fat Princess. Although I'll be very disappointed if they didn't fix the problems that they left in when the beta ended. And I'm not talking about lag, either. Much bigger, more fundamental problems.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Let's plan for MUA!
And I figured out a way to reorganize my anime collection! Now I have TONS and TONS of room!
It looks hot :)[/QUOTE]
I'm off for the next two days.

How is No More Heroes bad?

other then that, I hesitantly agree about Wii...

Nintendo should really be thanking Grasshopper seeing as the only reason I still have my wii is the NMH games. After I play NMHII I might sell my Wii and keep the games.

[quote name='jer7583']Comic Con Cosplayers - that don't suck!

cosplay_063_full.jpg

Some More Winners-
cosplay_376_full.jpg
cosplay_073_full.jpg
cosplay_143_full.jpg
cosplay_169_full.jpg
pedoprincess_08.jpg
cosplay_509_full.jpg

And..

THE TRASHY ONE!
cosplay_432_full.jpg

THE BULGE
cosplay_473_full.jpg
[/QUOTE]

my favorites were:

cosplay_072_full.jpg
Old school batgirl
cosplay_407_full.jpg
Emma Frost

cosplay_580_full.jpg
Slutty Pickachu.

Azu / Rei: I work till 7:30 EST tomorrow, wednesday and thursday, but after that is good for me.

I stay up pretty late, generally. How about you guys? Also I think the 4th man was chibi_kaji, if he is still down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back