General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool cool, yeah right around 8 should be fine. Both of you guys are on my friends list, right?

Also, chibi_kaji you still around / interested? If not anyone else game for being the 4th man?

[quote name='jer7583']Also: It's on Wii = It's bad.

Also, nobody here is biased.[/QUOTE]

More like It's Wii Sports = It'll be fun for a week or two, then incredibly boring.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']How is No More Heroes bad?

other then that, I hesitantly agree about Wii...

Nintendo should really be thanking Grasshopper seeing as the only reason I still have my wii is the NMH games. After I play NMHII I might sell my Wii and keep the games.[/QUOTE]
How is Madworld? I MIGHT pick it up tomorrow, b/c my Wii desperately needs games, I only have one I got cheap.

The only reason I don't sell my Wii is because of all the VC games I have on there, it's like 15 or so good VC games.

Yeah! I need to watch Hell's Kitchen too!
I'd go super late, but I work 8:30-4:30 monday-friday, and on Wednesday I have to be there at 8. So I can probably play till 11/11:30...
If Chibi doesn't want in, I'd ask Rodimus if he still has his copy..

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']More like It's Wii Sports = It'll be fun for a week or two, then incredibly boring.[/QUOTE]

It's exactly the opposite of that. The game you pull out to sit around and bullshit with your friends. We were still playing the first wii sports probably at least once a week before this came out.

And Wii Sports Resort has many more actually fun games and almost no filler. Even canoeing and cycling can be fun in 2 player.

One of my main gripes of the first Motorstorm was the loading times. Does Pacific Rift have better load times? How is GT5P's load times?

I would be willing to get Pacific Rift and GT5P but I hate long load times.

If I'm bullshitting with friends I don't wanna play the fucking Wii. If we wanna play video games we'd play Rock Band. If we wanted to do something fun we'd have an orgy.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']If I'm bullshitting with friends I don't wanna play the fucking Wii. If we wanna play video games we'd play Rock Band. If we wanted to do something fun we'd have an orgy.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. My friends and I play real games when we want to play something.

Alright, I'm done with everything in Tales of Vesperia except for the Low Level Challenger and the...ugh...timed quest items. So hopefully, by the end of this week, I'll have 1000g in it.

I tried picking up SF4 again and going through Arcade mode on Medium. Seth is still the most unfair boss I've seen in a fighting game. They say Sagat and Seth are too powerful, but will they fix them? I hope so, but I doubt it since they'll probably just release another disc based SF4 game next fall.

[quote name='KingBroly']I tried picking up SF4 again and going through Arcade mode on Medium. Seth is still the most unfair boss I've seen in a fighting game.[/QUOTE]
You haven't played enough King Of Fighters

[quote name='Inf^Shini']You haven't played enough King Of Fighters[/QUOTE]

If I told you I thought King of Fighters was a dreadful, generic fighting game series, what would you say?

[quote name='KingBroly']If I told you I thought King of Fighters was a dreadful, generic fighting game series, what would you say?[/QUOTE]
I'd say you have a dreadful, generic taste in video games.

^^ Touche.

Playing Riddick Dark Athena/BB. Actually starting with BB first. Never had an OG Xbox, and didn't pick up the PC version, so this is new for me. I'm liking it a lot so far!

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I'd say you have a dreadful, generic taste in video games.[/QUOTE]

Good thing I don't think that then. King of Fighters just isn't my kind of fighting game. I always felt it to be a little too stiff.

Only played Terminator: Salvation for 10 minutes before I ejected it and put it back into the GameFly envelope. Super dated. Enjoyed the movie in case you were wondering why I got it.

Azumangaman: If it's today I'd be able to make it like 9:30 and I'd be able to play pretty late since I'm not working tonight.

[quote name='gunm']^^ Touche.

Playing Riddick Dark Athena/BB. Actually starting with BB first. Never had an OG Xbox, and didn't pick up the PC version, so this is new for me. I'm liking it a lot so far![/QUOTE]

Send that my way when you're done.

King of Fighters is even worse than BlazBlu. Which I just sold, which is awesome.

Selling it for around 45 is good since I paid around $23 with the Blockbuster/FNR4 shenanigans.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Exactly. My friends and I play real games when we want to play something.[/QUOTE]

Hrm. Ignorant, incorrect, and trolling.

Put the PS3 in this sentence and it's instant hate/NeoGAF ban.

No, Rei is completely blowing off something he hasn't played on the wii, but it's okay, because it's cool to do that. And the groupthink GGTers agree, so it's convenient. Just don't try to have a negative opinion on something you haven't played on PS3 - then you're in trouble.

Also, considering Wii Sports Resort is the only time I've thought to myself, "A dynasty warriors game like this would be fucking rad" while playing the showdown mode, which is basically saying "hey, koei, here's a way to make that moldy old franchise of yours work for an iteration or two on Wii, and then you can make 7 or so more games after everyone's tired of it again"

[quote name='jer7583']It's exactly the opposite of that. The game you pull out to sit around and bullshit with your friends. We were still playing the first wii sports probably at least once a week before this came out.

And Wii Sports Resort has many more actually fun games and almost no filler. Even canoeing and cycling can be fun in 2 player.[/QUOTE]
So you're admitting your were playing, on a regular basis, games that weren't "actually fun?"

[quote name='jer7583']Also, considering Wii Sports Resort is the only time I've thought to myself, "A dynasty warriors game like this would be fucking rad" while playing the showdown mode, which is basically saying "hey, koei, here's a way to make that moldy old franchise of yours work for an iteration or two on Wii, and then you can make 7 or so more games after everyone's tired of it again"[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they did it years ago. It's called Samurai Warriors Katana, and it apparently sucks for exactly the reason you assume it would be good. You realize that "vertical slash horizontal slash vertical slash horizontal slash vertical slash horizontal slash vertical slash horizontal slash" for hours on end is just as repetitive as square square square square triangle, right?

Though I've played WSR, it's more like vertical slash vertical slash vertical slash vertical slash vertical slash block vertical slash vertical slash vertical slash.

lol @ jer's "woe is me on this lonely island of mine" Wii Sports Resort pity party.

Neck deep in games to play this week - Resistance 2, Blazblue, FFIV After Years, Wild Arms 2, Mass Effect, DQIV, and I've been meaning to get back into Killzone as well. With very little time to accomplish any of that at all.

At least I'm not looking forward to Dissidia, so there's one high profile game I'm otherwise uninterested in playing.

I picked up Wii Sports Resort today, just fancied trying it and it only cost $40. This is NOT a declaration of my undying love for the Wii however. I have been playing mine a bit more recently though, with Tiger Woods 10 and HOTD:Overkill. By a bit more I mean at all.

Wii games are a bit like Iphone games, good for a quick play but you're not going to sit for hours playing them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been on a strange Wii kick lately too and plan to pick up WSR soon as I think the Motion+ could be fun.
I hated Wii Sports pack-in though.

Though co-op Saints Row 2 and now Dead Rising are taking up my time.

[quote name='jer7583']King of Fighters is even worse than BlazBlu. Which I just sold, which is awesome.

Selling it for around 45 is good since I paid around $23 with the Blockbuster/FNR4 shenanigans.

Hrm. Ignorant, incorrect, and trolling.

Put the PS3 in this sentence and it's instant hate/NeoGAF ban.

No, Rei is completely blowing off something he hasn't played on the wii, but it's okay, because it's cool to do that. And the groupthink GGTers agree, so it's convenient. Just don't try to have a negative opinion on something you haven't played on PS3 - then you're in trouble.[/QUOTE]
Wait what? How do you know I haven't played WSR? Because I have. I played the game before it even came out due to my job so who's the one making assumptions? I think it sucks just like 99% of the Wii's library, and pete already explained why. So that takes care of "ignorant" (there isn't a lack of knowledge on my part) and "incorrect" (due to me being correct in thinking it sucks and thinking it's not a real game), and as for "trolling" no I wasn't intentionally being a jerk. Merely stating my opinion. So try again.

The irony of all this being your next post is ignorant, incorrect, and an attempt at trolling.

[quote name='dallow']
Though co-op Saints Row 2 and now Dead Rising are taking up my time.[/QUOTE]

Co-op Saints Row 2 maybe the most fun I've ever had fully clothed and sober.

Game fecking rocks, it's one of those games I'll really miss when I'm done with it.

[quote name='mykevermin']
At least I'm not looking forward to Dissidia, so there's one high profile game I'm otherwise uninterested in playing.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that Dissidia demo sucked ass.

[quote name='benjamouth']I picked up Wii Sports Resort today, just fancied trying it and it only cost $40. This is NOT a declaration of my undying love for the Wii however. I have been playing mine a bit more recently though, with Tiger Woods 10 and HOTD:Overkill. By a bit more I mean at all.

Wii games are a bit like Iphone games, good for a quick play but you're not going to sit for hours playing them.[/QUOTE]

I have yet to get Overkill, but Tiger Woods 10, FFIV:AY, and Madworld courtesy of GF have me actually powering on the Wii, which is more than could be said for it before.

[quote name='benjamouth']Co-op Saints Row 2 maybe the most fun I've ever had fully clothed and sober.

Game fecking rocks, it's one of those games I'll really miss when I'm done with it.[/QUOTE]
My buddy and I have put 23 hours into it so far.

I haven't put 23 hours into one game in a LONG time.
SR2 >>>>>>>>> GTAIV

Did SR1 have co-op (online), is it good?

[quote name='jer7583']Also, considering Wii Sports Resort is the only time I've thought to myself, "A dynasty warriors game like this would be fucking rad" while playing the showdown mode, which is basically saying "hey, koei, here's a way to make that moldy old franchise of yours work for an iteration or two on Wii, and then you can make 7 or so more games after everyone's tired of it again"[/QUOTE]

wow, people still think like this. I thought we all figured this out that this is clearly NOT the way the wii works after playing the first few hours of Twilight Princess.

and if not then, then surely after the years of clamoring for Okami, and how that turned out to be worse than the PS2 version.

but no, good ol' Jer, busting out the "X game would be perfect on the wii" fallacy.

"That's not the way Wii's work!"

20061129morbo.gif

My lady friend would not let me play 360 last night while she made some pico de gallo as I would get too sucked in or whatever and wouldn't want to watch our show when she was done.

I asked her, "Can I play the Wii then? It's not like a real console anyway." (as a joke)
She agreed.

It always makes me laugh how she's not really a gamer, but hates the Wii.

[quote name='dallow']
Did SR1 have co-op (online), is it good?[/QUOTE]

Right off the top of my head I don't think it does.

It has other online modes but I don't believe it has online co-op.

they were pretty smart to launch a halfway decent GTA clone while waiting for 4 to come out.

but as much as I love GTA4, I think Crackdown is still the most fun sandbox game of all time...

I thought it was lame how there were no actual missions in Crackdown besides "scale this building and punch a guy in the dick."

I'm hoping Crackdown 2 adds some much needed variety.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='zewone']I thought it was lame how there were no actual missions in Crackdown besides "scale this building and punch a guy in the dick."

I'm hoping Crackdown 2 adds some much need variety.[/QUOTE]
I agree. After the initial cool factor of being able to jump around really high, I got tired of Crackdown pretty quickly.

I'm really looking forward to picking up Wii Sports Resort.

Wii Sports is by far my favorite Wii game, and a lot of my friends don't play any video games at all, so we can't play something like say, SF4 together. I think Wii Sports Resort will be the perfect thing to get me to power on my Wii after 6+ months of dormancy.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I'm really looking forward to picking up Wii Sports Resort.

Wii Sports is by far my favorite Wii game, and a lot of my friends don't play any video games at all, so we can't play something like say, SF4 together. I think Wii Sports Resort will be the perfect thing to get me to power on my Wii after 6+ months of dormancy.[/QUOTE]
i think people underestimate the amount of skill that it takes to play this game

like against my bro in wii sports tennis, if you don't use a fast serve, he'll return ace you every time.

having a lot of fun with archery and table tennis in WSR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back