General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='hankmecrankme']Not broken, that's just how it is. I just killed everyone in that game though. Too bad it didn't keep count, because I know I had a hell of a body count.[/QUOTE]
Well, yeah, I was joking. It's just really stupid how many they throw at you. It makes the fights too long.

Almost done Call Of Juarez 2! It's actually a great game, worth the $30 I spent without a doubt.

For $50, I bought a wireless black 360 controller, a wireless 360 headset, a quick charge kit, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts and Halo Wars. All new/sealed.

VICTORY!

Did I succeed in creating monopoly guy avatar?

Riddick is good but I'm stuck at the same part i got stuck at in the xbox one - upper mines.

[quote name='jer7583']Did I succeed in creating monopoly guy avatar?

Riddick is good but I'm stuck at the same part i got stuck at in the xbox one - upper mines.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Riddick is good, but it has a horrible brick wall moment a few times. I had the same problem... got stuck in the same place I was in the OG Xbox one... I think it was upper mines as well.

[quote name='seanr1221']Anyone want Red Faction (360) when I'm finished with it?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Yes I do... :)

THQ sucks and they are being dicks about getting me a copy... I will be getting Smackdown 2010 though (oh and I can kick any of your ass' at that game... trust me).

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yes. Yes I do... :)

THQ sucks and they are being dicks about getting me a copy... I will be getting Smackdown 2010 though (oh and I can kick any of your ass' at that game... trust me).[/QUOTE]

I suspect getting paid to play a game might make you a little bit better than other people.

Please tell me working in QA at a video games company is EXACTLY like grandma's boy (I will accept no other truth).

Naughty Dog guy (on Podcast Beyond): In Uncharted 2 you'll have a companion alongside with you in single player well over 50% of the game .. possibly even closing in on 75%. :whistle2:|

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yes. Yes I do... :)

THQ sucks and they are being dicks about getting me a copy... I will be getting Smackdown 2010 though (oh and I can kick any of your ass' at that game... trust me).[/QUOTE]

PM me with what you have to trade, Bearmang :bouncy:

[quote name='Maklershed']Naughty Dog guy (on Podcast Beyond): In Uncharted 2 you'll have a companion alongside with you in single player well over 50% of the game .. possibly even closing in on 75%. :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

I'd be ok with it if they can't die. If it turns into some RE5 shit, I'm going to be PIST.

Yeah for real. Long as it's more along the lines of new PoP, it should be ok, and since they're similar games (sort of, mainly the climbing), it should work.

But yeah, if it's RE5 style, I'm going to be pissed as well. :|

I have a like new/complete MGS Essential Collection up for grabs if anyone's interested. I'm not sure what I want for it, but maybe a few PS2 games or a PS3 game or something. Let me know what'cha got if interested. ;)

[quote name='Maklershed']Naughty Dog guy (on Podcast Beyond): In Uncharted 2 you'll have a companion alongside with you in single player well over 50% of the game .. possibly even closing in on 75%. :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]
You must not have played much Uncharted.

[quote name='seanr1221']I'd be ok with it if they can't die. If it turns into some RE5 shit, I'm going to be PIST.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Hopefully the fact that there is a separate co-op mode means that this is the case.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You must not have played much Uncharted.[/QUOTE]

wouldn't really call that a companion. it sounds like they're talking more about a Sheeva-style companion.

wouldn't be surprised if this game bites off RE5 a good bit. you could do worse than emulating a million seller though?

Finished the first run of Dead Rising and am now doing a second.
Quite like the game now. I'm in Day 2 and so far have saved everyone I can.
Damn I hate their AI. Hope that's worked on extensively for the sequel.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']dallow, did you see that the new dashboard beta allows you to push x to eject the disc tray?! :whee:[/QUOTE]YES!!!!!!!!!!
I was just thinking about this.
Actually, I think about it every time I open the disc tray manually.

Hmm, it'll probably be like in the first one. I highly doubt you'll have to depend on them, or them on you.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Well my friends talked me out of PS3. fuck now I have to transfer back all my gamesaves from my PC to my 360.[/QUOTE]

you could have just gone through with the trade and bought another 360 on black friday so you could have a fresh 360 with a new warranty.

Buying a PS3 just doesn't make sense. Especially right now - maybe when the slim comes out. IF it's backwards compatible, IF it's as full featured as the current one, and IF Sony doesn't pull a Sony and price it at $500.

It would've been great if they kept all the features of a launch 60GB model with all the ones they bundle today.

Can you copy xbox titles to the 360 HDD?

[quote name='jer7583']Buying a PS3 just doesn't make sense. Especially right now - maybe when the slim comes out. IF it's backwards compatible, IF it's as full featured as the current one, and IF Sony doesn't pull a Sony and price it at $500.[/QUOTE]
Slim sounds like it'll be crap if the rumors are true imho. :/
But yeah, the PS3 definitely has some great exclusives and gamesharing is a great way to get tons of arcade games and PSX games for extremely cheap. Plus, Blu Ray is awesome.
If neither pertain to you, then yeah, PS3 would obviously be useless, just like anything else that wouldn't pertain to you. I have both a 360 and a PS3 and couldn't imagine myself without either, I find both pretty different.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']It would've been great if they kept all the features of a launch 60GB model with all the ones they bundle today.

Can you copy xbox titles to the 360 HDD?[/QUOTE]
You can "copy" them, but you still need to have the respective disc in to play the game and it only cuts down on loading times and lets the disc not have to spin, thus probably prolonging your drive's life. ;)

I forget how to play Psychonauts. I need to get back to camp to buy a cobweb duster. So I teleported to the collective unconsicous, where there are doors to all the levels. How do I get back to camp, though? There's one marked "Sascha's Lab" but there's no door there.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

49 survivors.
Not the 50 for the cheese. Didn't realize something way back in the start.

:starts over:

hahahahahahahahaha. ouch.

i just played through it, earning my mega man buster through the zombie genocide cheese.

might play through it again soon trying to actually do the cases and saving people. anything I need to be aware of so I don't do what you did, dallow?

Just make sure you do Kent's side missions correctly.
I accidently messed it up at the start and didn't get the chance to save the survivor he has.

Missed 3 others in the
mall but figured I would have 50 with Kent's guy. Was wrong. :(

Can someone please tell me there's a permanent ability to auto-hack objects in BioShock?

Other than hacking, I can definitely see multiplayer working in BioShock 2.

Didn't think for more than 30 seconds that I was going to Harvest every Little Sister.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I forget how to play Psychonauts. I need to get back to camp to buy a cobweb duster. So I teleported to the collective unconsicous, where there are doors to all the levels. How do I get back to camp, though? There's one marked "Sascha's Lab" but there's no door there.[/QUOTE]

Don't you use something like smelling salts to "wake up"? Its been a looooong time since I played and I never backtracked really so that might be a long shot.

also, be prepared
for a very frustrating late game "world"

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Hey Jim and Azu, when do you guys want to resume our game? I have the next couple nights free since I'll be working during the day.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Azumangaman']I believe I also have the next couple nights free, so name a time that works and I'll let you know![/QUOTE]

Yeah whatever night this week works for me, just let me know.

[quote name='Scorch']
mcyrlw.jpg

ist good, ja?

nien.

what is that above his shoulder on the right side of the picture?[/QUOTE]

His jersey doesn't end at the line, it's just the eagle from the shoulder of his jersey.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Finally. That's been ridiculously long overdue, almost like allowing it to stay at the dashboard when I put a game in.[/QUOTE]

Mine doesn't auto-load games that are put in the disc drive.

[quote name='dallow']
YES!!!!!!!!!!
I was just thinking about this.
Actually, I think about it every time I open the disc tray manually.
[/QUOTE]

Cool that people apparently wanted this, but what's the point of opening the disc tray remotely? You have to get up to change discs anyway....

[quote name='BlueScrote']Don't you use something like smelling salts to "wake up"? Its been a looooong time since I played and I never backtracked really so that might be a long shot.

also, be prepared
for a very frustrating late game "world"
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I asked the gameFAQs bitch and thats what they said.

I love how all of my OG Xbox games are unfinished except one, jesus.

[quote name='Sparta Omni']You can "copy" them, but you still need to have the respective disc in to play the game and it only cuts down on loading times and lets the disc not have to spin, thus probably prolonging your drive's life. ;)[/QUOTE]
Which is precisely why I asked about it :p

The one fear that seems to be growing in me is how much life my drive has left.

Who the fuck is still playing PS2 games?

GoW is a lot of fun. Unfortunately it sometimes reminds me of what I didn't like about Half-life 1, where somehow the enemies shoot you before leaving cover. In HL it sucked because you have limited health, in GoW it sucks because it means pulling the trigger as soon as an enemy steps out of cover results in missing the target.

I played my brother in the MvC2 trial before. That is some good shit. Need to get a job so I can buy some things I've been wanting, hopefully Microcenter calls me back.

I've played a PS2 game on my full-BC PS3 maybe 4 times since launch. :)

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Cool that people apparently wanted this, but what's the point of opening the disc tray remotely? You have to get up to change discs anyway....[/QUOTE]I'd just rather not touch my systems/devices. Like things as hands free as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back