General iPhone/iPod Touch Game Discussion

I know this is a tad off-topic--but I have a question.

I don't want to jailbreak my ipod, yet I want to take my .pdf files with me. Any app recommendations? There's so many .pdf apps on the App Store...

[quote name='wubb']You could also look at Discover for a free option.
http://www.148apps.com/reviews/discover/

If you want to be able to read the PDFs on the iPhone look at using Stanza. (Also free.)[/QUOTE]

Im pretty sure you can already read PDFs on the iphone...i remember getting one in an email and the iphone pulled it up no problem

[quote name='Malik112099']Im pretty sure you can already read PDFs on the iphone...i remember getting one in an email and the iphone pulled it up no problem[/QUOTE]

Is there a way to get them from your computer to the iPhone though? I guess you could e-mail them to yourself.

I have a touch so it's nice to have them available offline. The Stanza app is a bit of a PITA as you have to open each file with it and then load them in one at a time, but once they are loaded it's nice. I'm not sure I've loaded a PDF to it yet, but it's on the supported formats list.

Certainly open to checking out other apps if somebody has a better one.

someone on gaf made that zeps game...

just got Touch KO.

for $3 i can't complain plus with updates it only can get better. my only complaint is how easy it is, but i don't mind at all.

also loving the new pocket god update. feels like a new game was added.

It isn't much of a deal, but Iif you use IM much, Beejive IM is fantastic. It works with pretty much every IM service (except Skype), but it's the design that sells it. Great IM client and one awesome feature is free hosting for images, audio and even video so you can send friends pics, audio recordings and videos (either from your library or snapped/recorded right in Beejive IM). They even make it easy to then send such links to others not on IM, via email. Not to mention good push notification support. Great app and easily worth the $10.

I know this is not the propper forum, but.. I have 4 spare Rolando redeption codes for trade. When I say trade, I do not mean a 1 for 1 trade. I am willing to part with these, cheaply.

Some things that I have in mind could be like 1-2 Pepsi Rock Band bottlecaps, a small Xbox live code? XBLA? XBLM? etc. I am not that specific thoguh, so you could also offer me what you have.

PM me, and we can make something work. As far as I know, the codes do expire today- so if you are interested, please be ASAP.

how come when I use my iphone as an mp3 player there is no display and control of total time / time remaining??

should this be a feature of audio playback in general?!?! that really upsets me... or is there sum hidden option to enable this somehow??

[quote name='JEKKI']how come when I use my iphone as an mp3 player there is no display and control of total time / time remaining??

should this be a feature of audio playback in general?!?! that really upsets me... or is there sum hidden option to enable this somehow??[/QUOTE]

umm, try tapping the album art once when a song is playing :lol:

that should bring it up, like so:

21jviub.jpg

and everybody needs to check out Space Invaders Infinity Gene. starts out a bit slow, but wait until you get a few levels in.

[quote name='ninja dog']umm, try tapping the album art once when a song is playing :lol:

and everybody needs to check out Space Invaders Infinity Gene. starts out a bit slow, but wait until you get a few levels in.[/QUOTE]oh sheeeyit!! it worked! awesome thanks!!

to celebrate Ima go buy me that infinity jeans!!

forever pants!!

Capcom released a app in the store called Capcom news and updates. Which apparently pulls news and videos from the Capcom Unity site. Seems interesting, but I haven't downloaded it yet.

Has anyone here had any problems with their iPod touch and OS 3.0? I ask because I downloaded Space Invaders Infinity Gene and realized it requires 3.0 :bomb:.

I have heard of people having issues with wifi and such on their touches with 3.0 and Want to know if anyone here has encountered it, and if they had a fix for it.

[quote name='dmunkee']Capcom released a app in the store called Capcom news and updates. Which apparently pulls news and videos from the Capcom Unity site. Seems interesting, but I haven't downloaded it yet.[/QUOTE]

thx for the heads up. will get.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Has anyone here had any problems with their iPod touch and OS 3.0? I ask because I downloaded Space Invaders Infinity Gene and realized it requires 3.0 :bomb:.

I have heard of people having issues with wifi and such on their touches with 3.0 and Want to know if anyone here has encountered it, and if they had a fix for it.[/QUOTE]

everyone has always heard that there has been a problem with one thing or another on every iPhone/iPod touch version with each FW upgrade.....fact of the matter is that there is no real problem and it is usually fixed with a reboot or actually knowing how to use the device

maaan fukk iphone games, what a waste of time.

I already found the best app ever!!

Go Manga

$5 for 800+ mangas, I never need to buy another game for iphone again.

I already have that game, I've been having that shyt since day 2.

where have u been?

it's a good diversion at best.

anyway,

maaan fukk iphone games, what a waste of time.

I already found the best app ever!!

Go Manga

$5 for 800+ mangas, I never need to buy another game for iphone again.

Lol, Gangstar is an obvious GTA rip o- I mean, obviously inspired by GTA. I played it a bit, the fighting is way to easy. You punch a bit too fast, so you're able to speed blitz anyone you see. Whether they have a gun or not, if you're up close, you're winning. Then I took a drive around, you have to tilt your ipod to steer, that can take some getting used to. The cop system is that you have to hide or get icons to escape them. The thing is, if you drive into water (which you can drive into for a while), you escape them easily they won't chase you in there. The game isn't bad, it's pretty good for an iPod game. If you want a portable GTA on your ipod, this is your best bet. If you want a portable GTA, get it on a PSP, lol.

Just played a game of Madden 10 and have got to say that it is pretty good. The only thing that really bothers me is the whistle..it is SUPER annoying.

I have these Iphone/Ipod games/apps I am willing to trade.

Iphone/Ipod Touch Games/Apps

Dragonfly
Photospeak
Tweet & Speak
Cell Phone Tracker

Wants
Almost any Xbox Arcade game
Other Xbox Indie Games
Game Add-Ons
Rockband Songs
Offers?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fresh02_88']I have these games/apps I am willing to trade.

Iphone/Ipod Touch Games/Apps
Dragonfly
Photospeak
Tweet & Speak
Cell Phone Tracker

Wants
Almost any Xbox Arcade game
Other Xbox Indie Games
Game Add-Ons
Rockband Songs
Offers?[/QUOTE]

Huh?