General OTT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yes, because I have 0 interest in Fallout 3.[/quote]

[quote name='senorwoohoo']You think Fallout 3 would be a better purchase vs. Fable II?[/quote]

I do. I'm a big fan of the Fallout Universe back in the day of the original RPG from Interplay. And based off Bethesda's track record with Oblivion, Elder Scrolls, etc., I think they will do it right. Thats not to say that Fable II is going be garbage, by any means.

IMHO, I was disappointed with the 8 hours I got out of the original Fable (and I liked it), so I'm gun shy about comparing the two games in a one on one, more value for the $.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yes. Mostly.

Doesn't matter though -- I just have 0 interest in post nuclear war fallout world.[/quote]

There is no hope for you. :cry:

Post nuclear war fallout world >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Classical fantasy world

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Played Fallout, didn't like it. Subsequently, I had no interest in Fallout 2.
Now there's a third installment out. Why should I care about it? I'm not interested in the story. The gameplay doesn't look like fun to me.[/quote]

Just curious, did you play Fallout when it originally came out 10 years ago? Or was it within 2-3 years.

I know when I go back and play Betrayal at Krondor, I can believe how awful it is now, but back in the day, it was the greatest game ever.

[quote name='darthbudge']There is no hope for you. :cry:

Post nuclear war fallout world >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Classical fantasy world[/QUOTE]

That's, like, your opinion, man.

The only thing the Fallout Universe does that I thought was interesting was the retro stuff that Bioshock seemed to steal and incorporate into the whole Rapture environment...

[quote name='Number83']I do. I'm a big fan of the Fallout Universe back in the day of the original RPG from Interplay. And based off Bethesda's track record with Oblivion, Elder Scrolls, etc., I think they will do it right. Thats not to say that Fable II is going be garbage, by any means.

IMHO, I was disappointed with the 8 hours I got out of the original Fable (and I liked it), so I'm gun shy about comparing the two games in a one on one, more value for the $.[/QUOTE]

Well if I'm gonna get more out of the game, then I'm going with Fallout 3. I haven't played a game like it in a while anyway.

[quote name='Number83']Just curious, did you play Fallout when it originally came out 10 years ago? Or was it within 2-3 years.

I know when I go back and play Betrayal at Krondor, I can believe how awful it is now, but back in the day, it was the greatest game ever.[/QUOTE]

Played it probably in 1997 or 1998? Senior year of high school. My friend had bought it and thought it was neat -- I just couldn't get into it.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Played it probably in 1997 or 1998? Senior year of high school. My friend had bought it and thought it was neat -- I just couldn't get into it.[/quote]

Understood. I thought the first few hows of it were pretty boring, but once you get far away from the vault, that's when it picked up...for me anyway. And graphically for the time it was lacking, since thats when 3D graphics first started to take off...I miss my 3DFX Voodoo card...:cry: But Story > Graphics in this case.

[quote name='lordwow']I've always wanted to see an Oblivion type RPG set in present day.[/QUOTE]

Only with unicorns?

[quote name='Number83']Understood. I thought the first few hows of it were pretty boring, but once you get far away from the vault, that's when it picked up...for me anyway. And graphically for the time it was lacking, since thats when 3D graphics first started to take off...I miss my 3DFX Voodoo card...:cry: But Story > Graphics in this case.[/QUOTE]

The only thing I remember at the moment was talking to people in a bar sort of place -- maybe it was the vault? I don't quite remember -- I know I wasn't interested enough in the game to finish it -- and my friend and I roomed together in the first year of college too... I don't remember him playing it much or finishing it either. If he had managed to get further and I glimpsed the stuff you're talking about, maybe my mind would have changed, though...

[quote name='lordwow']Unicorns and Robocop.[/quote]

Game of the Year!

I think I just came up with the theme for my firs XNA game...PATENT PENDING!!!!

Woohoo:

Gears 2 >> Fallout 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fable 2

Now to be fair, I haven't played any of the new installments, but going by the previous iterations, Fable is garbage and Gears is the best game of this gen

Fallout 3 looks like Mad Max visits Oblivion. Oblivion scared me with it's ginormousity, and If Fallout 3 is half as big, it'll still be lenghtier than Fable 2

Plus I'm sure there'll be a 'Shivering Isles'-type add-on for Fallout

But this fall is all about Gears 2, and unless it pulls a Halo 3 sized fuck-up, it'll be huge AND dominate Live play for at least 9 months...

[quote name='wubb']:wave:

Happy birthday![/quote]

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']It's Mak's birthday?
Happy Birthday, Mak![/quote]

[quote name='munch']Happy B-day, Mak! Stop fucking my wife.[/quote]

[quote name='Liquid 2']Happy "Let's Celebrate How Mak is Older than Dirt" day, everyone!
[/quote]

[quote name='Number83']Happy B-Day...Mak, as a B-Day gift, you dont have to send me any money for LO...Since I'm sending it out right now. [/quote]

Thank you all and to ThatManaKnight and benjamouth as well. And :83:, sorry about not sending the dinero yet. I will do it today.

Atleast 9 months? Shit is still bumpin' on Gears 1 and its been two years. :lol:

Buy whatever your heart tells you to buy, senorwahoo.

[quote name='munch']Happy B-day, Mak! Stop fucking my wife.[/quote]That.. was me. He wanted me to smash her for his birthday present. :eek:)

[quote name='darthbudge']There is no hope for you. :cry:

Post nuclear war fallout world >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Classical fantasy world[/quote]What the fuck? I like Fallout 3 from what I've played, but Oblivion's fantasy $$$$$$ world is 10x better than this nuclear wasteland stuff. I guess I just like pretty trees and horsies! :]

[quote name='manthing']

But this fall is all about Gears 2, and unless it pulls a Halo 3 sized fuck-up, it'll be huge AND dominate Live play for at least 9 months...[/QUOTE]

Halo 3 was huge and did dominate XBL. :whistle2:k

Happy B'day Mak!!

-------------------------

Yeah, I saw that about your Gears purchase, but how long would it take for them to get it?

[quote name='tiredfornow']That.. was me. He wanted me to smash her for his birthday present. :eek:)

What the fuck? I like Fallout 3 from what I've played, but Oblivion's fantasy $$$$$$ world is 10x better than this nuclear wasteland stuff. I guess I just like pretty trees and horsies! :][/quote]

So are you saying that you've played Fallout 3 before it's release!!?? BAN!

Yeah, I meant more in general. I prefer a sci-fi setting over a fantasy setting, but I still absolutely loved Oblivion.

[quote name='manthing']Yeah, I saw that about your Gears purchase, but how long would it take for them to get it?[/QUOTE]

No clue, and that could be a problemo.

[quote name='darthbudge']So are you saying that you played a before it's release!!?? BAN!

Yeah, I meant more in general. I prefer a sci-fi setting over a fantasy setting, but I still absolutely loved Oblivion.[/quote]Yeah, bitch, and what? I wasn't the one being called out on Gamefunk.net. :rofl:

[quote name='Maklershed']

[quote name='Maklershed']Thank you all and to ThatManaKnight and benjamouth as well. And :83:, sorry about not sending the dinero yet. I will do it today.[/quote]

Don't send it...I'm serious...I dropped the ball so enjoy. I put it in the mail this morning.

[quote name='manthing']Fallout 3 looks like Mad Max visits Oblivion. Oblivion scared me with it's ginormousity, and If Fallout 3 is half as big, it'll still be lenghtier than Fable 2

[/quote]

"Lenghty things scare me" - Manthing

[quote name='wubb']Halo 3 was huge and did dominate XBL. :whistle2:k[/quote]

I was talking about the sh*tty SP

I was big into Halo last fall, as I never owned an Xbox until late last summer, and played some Halo MP before that, but always local.

I LOVED Halo 1, it was the first Xbox game I beat. The 'Believe' commercials were awesome...

Halo 3 was the 2nd game I played through on the 360(after Stranglehold). Outside the first Scorpion Tank and the Pelican, I felt it too much like Halo 1, even down to the AIDS driving endscene

For me, Halo wasn't about the MP, which is what was focused on in H3, to the detriment of SP.

Games like Gears and COD4 struck a balance between SP and MP

[quote name='tiredfornow']Why do you get high so early in the morning?[/QUOTE]

I don't. It's just when you are sleeping so good because you were so high last night, it's hard to persuade yourself to move, especially when you don't have to go to class.

Weird. I got a PR about UGO launching their own GameFAQs-like site.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Yeah, but what's this about some kind of rule that OTTs and GGTs can't have funny titles anymore? Dumbassery all around.[/quote]
It's a joke about Linkin's bad negotiation skills for trying to institute a rule for the GGT threads than being convinced to give them a compromise by completely scrapping the rule.
[quote name='LinkinPrime']Ask Frisky...I only said that about the GGT[/quote]
It's a parody OTT.

:rofl:

I just got a COD beta key from COD.com. I didn't even sign up for that site until a few weeks ago when it was first mentioned those members would get beta keys...

Now I got 2 extra COD5 keys...

Does every OTTer that wants a key have one?

[quote name='Number83']Need one more for my B2G1, please.

RB2, Dead Space, and ...???[/quote]

Freckle B*tches!!!

Just make sure RB2 is rang up as the free game, then return SR2 for Fallout, Gears, whatever at a later date

[quote name='manthing']Freckle B*tches!!!

Just make sure RB2 is rang up as the free game, then return SR2 for Fallout, Gears, whatever at a later date[/quote]

Interesting...:whistle2:k

[quote name='Maklershed']Thank you all and to ThatManaKnight and benjamouth as well. And :83:, sorry about not sending the dinero yet. I will do it today.[/QUOTE]No problem Mak. ;)

Most probably already saw it in my blog, but I was very surprised to hear yesterday that I have a half brother. :shock: My Dad just never wanted to tell my sister and I this (it was before my parents got married).

[quote name='Brak']I need to smash Morgan Webb.[/quote]Yes x10

[quote name='The Mana Knight']No problem Mak. ;)

Most probably already saw it in my blog, but I was very surprised to hear yesterday that I have a half brother. :shock: My Dad just never wanted to tell my sister and I this (it was before my parents got married).[/quote]Thats crazy. :whee: :whee: Is he a complete opposite of you?

[quote name='manthing']:rofl:

I just got a COD beta key from COD.com. I didn't even sign up for that site until a few weeks ago when it was first mentioned those members would get beta keys...

Now I got 2 extra COD5 keys...

Does every OTTer that wants a key have one?[/quote]
I got one from them, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back