General Role-Playing Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Rodimus']^ Both your posts are true. I think Rei said he beat it. I couldn't imagine the torture he went through. I was only able to muster up 5 hours of playtime before I had enough.

BTW Rei how far along are you in Wild ARMs 5? I haven't been able to play it for the past few days, but I've been dying to play more.[/QUOTE]
ToS2 is terrible. I still don't believe I had the willpower to go through that game. It's a testament to how much I loved the first one. No, you don't get a real party. Every now and then one of the original cast will join your party for a time, but that's it.

In WA5 I just got done getting the medicine for that sick girl, and I'm headed to Honeysday. I'm enjoying it so far, though I'd still put it behind WA4 and WA3.

There's a playthrough of TOS2 (the entire game) on Youtube if you're interested. I don't know if it would be worth the time to play it myself. It didn't seem as fun as the first one.

I don't think I've heard from anyone who has played TOS2 who has actually liked the game. Namco should have let the same team do it that did the original.

I was really hoping Namco would announce Tales of Vesperia PS3 for a US release during E3, but nothing. Nothing on the Tales of Graces Wii game either. Disappointment.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']ToS2 is terrible. I still don't believe I had the willpower to go through that game. It's a testament to how much I loved the first one. No, you don't get a real party. Every now and then one of the original cast will join your party for a time, but that's it.[/QUOTE]

Wait you actually beat that piece of crap? I manage to run into Colette before getting rid of it. Are you sure it wasn't boredom or something that made you finish the game? The main reason I stopped playing it was my love of the first game(I couldn't even make it to Raine or Sheena). Honestly the game felt more like another Tales of spin-off with guest appearances from the ToS cast.

Krymner: That is pretty much what I expected.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Flak']I could have sworn I've seen ToV PS3 boxart somewhere before, like on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

c20090614_tov_03_cs1w1_640x480.jpg

i'm playing through ToV right now. got to a coliseum.

1: man, i hate karol. i want to kick that guy out my party permanently. what a little weiner.

2: i don't like the pacing. it's like the party has ADD and can't focus on one thing at a time.

3: i don't like how the characters join. "oh dang i got lost in the forest, let me tag along with you guys... FOREVER"

still, it's nice clean fun. except for judith. i want to do nasty things to her.

[quote name='Moxio']Karol gets better later on.[/QUOTE]
I disagree, I still hated him by the end of the game. It drove me nuts at that one point in the game I was forced to use him.

And how dare you say that Kainzero. Judith is a lovely lady!

Ahah, I had a dream that I saw a bin of ToV second edition for xbox 360 for $30, I just bought ToV a few weeks ago for $30. It made me mad.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Damn you, Rodimus. You got me all excited by recommending me Wild Arms 5, but then I find out it doesn't go for cheap online. :([/QUOTE]

Check your local GS. I was able to pick it up brand new for $30. Still a little pricey for a 2 year old PS2 game but it's an RPG so I didn't mind so much.

I also wasn't a big fan of Karol. But like Moxio said I tought he bacame better during the second half of the story. You really see him grow up. Unfortunatly he wasn't fun to use in battle. But Yuri, Raven & Judith's coolness make up for the rest of the cast.

[quote name='Moxio']Um, just so you know she's kinda not real. :oops:[/QUOTE]
even better!

that way she won't get mad at my inappropriate comments!

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I disagree, I still hated him by the end of the game. It drove me nuts at that one point in the game I was forced to use him.

And how dare you say that Kainzero. Judith is a lovely lady![/QUOTE]
I hated Karol the whole time as well. Every other characters' awesomeness made up for it. I especially liked Yuri.
When he killed those two guys it was wicked cool. Nice to see a RPG lead with the guts to do what has to be done

I still want to fuck the shit out of her.

That's only a minor detail.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I hated Karol the whole time as well. Every other characters' awesomeness made up for it. I especially liked Yuri.
When he killed those two guys it was wicked cool. Nice to see a RPG lead with the guts to do what has to be done
[/QUOTE]
Yeah Yuri was one of my favorite characters in the game mostly because of that. I didn't actually think that would happen. As for the rest of the cast I liked them all with the exception of Karol.

On the topic of ToV, I was wondering if I was the only had a party made up of Yuri and the girls for most of the game?

I loved some of the end battle convo's between Judith and Estelle.

[quote name='willardhaven']Can any of them steal, or is stealing worthless? I keep Repede in the party just to steal, but I'd rather use Judith.[/QUOTE]
I dunno, but I never really used steal anyway.

[quote name='Rodimus']Check your local GS. I was able to pick it up brand new for $30. Still a little pricey for a 2 year old PS2 game but it's an RPG so I didn't mind so much.[/QUOTE]

All right, all right. I think I'll wait to pick it up though. My RPG backlog... Not a pretty sight. XD

Thanks though. Man, all this Vesperia talk... making me think of how much I want that game and how I should REALLY finish Abyss. >_

Yeah I really need to finish ToA as well. But at this point I might have to start from the beginning it's been so long. So many RPGs and so little time...

Yeah Abyss was pretty fun. But I got a little burnt out on RPGs somewhere in the middle and just stopped playing and it got buried in my backlog. I hope to get back to it after I finish Persona 4. Which will be sometime after I dig up my PS2...

I'm at the oasis in Abyss, is this after Luke's change or before? He still has long hair if that has any relevance. I actually like Luke even though he's annoying, at least he's unique.

Ok, so I decided to play Abyss again, but it's kinda getting to be a chore.
Just beat Van and now I'm rounding up the gang again...
Ugh, it just makes me want to play Symphonia again. So much better in every way. If only my Gamecube memory card hadn't died... ;_;

The new DQ IX trailer looks impressive. Looks like its gonna have lots of options and I really like the drag-and-drop inventory screen. I still wish it was on console tho.

[quote name='Krymner']The new DQ IX trailer looks impressive. Looks like its gonna have lots of options and I really like the drag-and-drop inventory screen. I still wish it was on console tho.[/QUOTE]
Not a huge fan of the series, only played 4 on DS, and didn't really care for the style. I'm going to try 5 though, hopefully I will enjoy it. I saw the previews for IX though, and it looks great!

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Ok, so I decided to play Abyss again, but it's kinda getting to be a chore.
Just beat Van and now I'm rounding up the gang again...
Ugh, it just makes me want to play Symphonia again. So much better in every way. If only my Gamecube memory card hadn't died... ;_;[/QUOTE]

I had the opposite thought when I went back to play Symphonia... I think Abyss is a lot better.

Is Xenosaga III newcomer friendly? I couldn't stay awake through Xenosaga I and I haven't even tried II. III seems like it's much better than the original.

I think I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but I've been attempting to play through all 3 Xenosaga games. I've owned all of them for years. I finished the first one, but it was quite a chore. While it wasn't terrible, I almost fell asleep a couple times. I'm taking a break before tackling the second one and playing Wild Arms 5.

I attempted to play Xenosaga a few times but always gave up. I don't like that it's so linear. For an RPG it felt closed and restricted.

Question about Wild ARMs 5: Sometimes when you start a battle your characters have this aura around them. What does that do? I check the manual and couldn't find anything on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back