Get $45 towards Titanfall when you trade-in a select Xbox One game

hectorarizpe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
$45 towards Titanfall when you trade-in a select Xbox One game³
PLUS GET TITANFALL FIRST AT OUR MIDNIGHT OPENINGS.

From one of the co-creators of Call of Duty and key developers behind the Call of Duty franchise, Titanfall is an all-new universe that pits man against machine, juxtaposing the natural and the industrial. The visionaries at Respawn have drawn inspiration from their proven experiences in first-person action, and with Titanfall, are focused on bringing excitement to the next generation of multiplayer gaming.

It’s the last chance to for MyBestBuy customers to pre-order now to get $10 in reward certificates when you pre-order and purchase, and pick it up at 12:01am on March 11 at one of our Midnight Openings.²

And today-tomorrow only, get $45 towards

I was able to log on earlier, without issue. Is the log in issue just tied to people trying to get their "day one" updates on new consoles? I noticed about 2 hours ago, that my Netflix app wouldn't connect. Otherwise, my One connected fine. Titanfall servers had a couple of hiccups with "reconnecting to server" messages throughout the game, but only lagged for about a second. It was irritating, but bearable.

It has something to do with signing for the 1st time. Up until now it's still not letting me add my profile.
Xbox Live has a "core services" outage going on, limiting what users can do, and causing some people not to be able to sign on. They're saying the issue is fixed, and to do a "cold reboot", (holding down the power button, turning off the console, unplugging it for 10 seconds, plugging it back in, and then turning it back on), to get signed on.

They have a status page here: http://www.xbox.com/status

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this. I had just finished the Battlefield 4 campaign and I don't like multiplayer, so I traded it in for $47.25 and got Dark Souls II for $3.00 (they didn't have any copies of Titanfall). Not bad at all considering I think I only payed around $30 for BF4 originally.

Apparently on Long Island you need to have purchased the game you're trading in FROM Best Buy in the first place. Well that was a waste of a 30 minute drive. Thanks anyway OP. Ugh I hate this company.

Best buy are idiots ..I am a unlocked member and when I went to trade in bf4 yesterday they would only give the 100 percent trade and not the extra 10 percent that unlocked members are supposed to get on top....they said was one or the other..idiots

States vary in their pawn shop laws which game trade ins fall under.
It's not state specific, it's store specific (although it may instead be a County regulation, but I've never had this issue with Gamestops, regardless of location). The Alexandria, VA store was like this, but they wouldn't even accept purchases from Bestbuy.com, they had to be purchased from a physical Best Buy store, which was pretty frustrating. Fortunately the Bailey's Crossroads location takes any game in, regardless of source.

Lesson learned, check the available list of stores here

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemplatemapper.jsp?id=pcat17093&type=page

Thanks for the post OP, great deal! I effectively switched to the digital version of Call of Duty for a gain of $5, though they wouldn't accept in South Park yet oddly (it only showed up as the Collector's Edition, which I don't have)

It's not state specific, it's store specific (although it may instead be a County regulation, but I've never had this issue with Gamestops, regardless of location). The Alexandria, VA store was like this, but they wouldn't even accept purchases from Bestbuy.com, they had to be purchased from a physical Best Buy store, which was pretty frustrating. Fortunately the Bailey's Crossroads location takes any game in, regardless of source.

Lesson learned, check the available list of stores here

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemplatemapper.jsp?id=pcat17093&type=page

Thanks for the post OP, great deal! I effectively switched to the digital version of Call of Duty for a gain of $5, though they wouldn't accept in South Park yet oddly (it only showed up as the Collector's Edition, which I don't have)
The Potomac Mills store in Woodbridge VA, gave me 100% extra plus the 10% extra, and put it on a gift card. No need to purchase Titanfall. I bought Ryse at BB in January for $32 minus a $5 reward certificate (so paid $27). Traded it in with a reward certificate for Titanfall. Ryse was pretty good, but I was done with it and never planned on going back to it.

just so everyone knows, the 10% for being a GCU is added to the 22.50 not 45.00.  I traded in CODG and Forza and got 94.50 not 98 like i thought. 

Best buy are idiots ..I am a unlocked member and when I went to trade in bf4 yesterday they would only give the 100 percent trade and not the extra 10 percent that unlocked members are supposed to get on top....they said was one or the other..idiots
Bro I was told the same thing , I traded in bf4/forza and didn't get the gcu 10% cause 100% was already going on. But in the last I've gotten 110% -.-

I traded in three games yesterday for this promo and received the 10% extra for GCU on the base trade-in value ($2.25/game) but I had to mention that I should receive it.  It's - apparently - a complicated or unintuitive process to get the 10% bonus and requires the employee to either know the process or really be persistent in finding it - it isn't automatic when your RZ card is scanned (which would be nice).

I traded in three games yesterday for this promo and received the 10% extra for GCU on the base trade-in value ($2.25/game) but I had to mention that I should receive it. It's - apparently - a complicated or unintuitive process to get the 10% bonus and requires the employee to either know the process or really be persistent in finding it - it isn't automatic when your RZ card is scanned (which would be nice).
This is why I do the math before I go in and itemize everything on a post-it note and stick it to the stack of games I'm trading. I'm not trying to tell them how to do their job, but we'll know if they don't.

[quote name="TheOpusFuller" post="11610617" timestamp="1394816889"]Yes it is. Traded I. 2 copies of ghosts this morning for 94 bucks.[/quote]

Thanks for confirming!

I haven't received mine, but I went to mybestbuy.com, and checked, and it is listed as pending for my preorder of Titanfall.  So I am expecting that it will come through fine.

•  
  •  
  • Victory Can Be Preordered Bonus
  •  
  •  
This is Directly from my best buy Account page for the transaction. It still says it's pending, but this is part of the transaction. 

bread's done
Back