Get a Chance to Beta Test Halo 3 - Sign Up Dec 4

[quote name='Spybreak8']Yea the power of three crap is lame. I got the first email and I'm guessin I didn't get the second, oh well I'll just buy the Specially marked copy of Crackdown on ebay for 200 bucks NOT![/quote]
If you pre-order Crackdown, your guaranteed the beta.

Oh well, I guess I will purchase Crackdown, and after playing the DEMO I don't feel bad about getting it. I actually enjoyed the game.. So not bad.. Get Crackdown and Halo 3 Beta with 1 purchase. : )

Probably going to pick up Crackdown now, didnt get the code. But, CD's demo actually was good, just needs to fix some of the stuff in it and it should be dandy

I may buy CD when it first comes out then hold onto it so I can sell it on EBay when the initial shipment is out of circulation. Hopefully there'll be a couple Halo whores who are just looking for a Halo 3 fix that are willing to drive the price up.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']I may buy CD when it first comes out then hold onto it so I can sell it on EBay when the initial shipment is out of circulation. Hopefully there'll be a couple Halo whores who are just looking for a Halo 3 fix that are willing to drive the price up.[/quote]

That depends on how limited it actually is. This may be a good idea. I'll buy an extra one just in case.

I guess I'll just pick up Crackdown when it's released. I really enjoyed the demo, so getting the Halo 3 beta with the game will definitely justify a purchase, IMO.

I never even got an email from Microsoft telling me I will find out if I got into the beta in the next 48 hours despite the fact I used an email address linked to my gamertag.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I never even got an email from Microsoft telling me I will find out if I got into the beta in the next 48 hours despite the fact I used an email address linked to my gamertag.[/quote]

Me too. Just play halo 2 on the 1st of Feb.

[quote name='captmurphy']Me too. Just play halo 2 on the 1st of Feb.[/quote]
That's like having a Filet-o-Fish instead because the wait time for Red Lobster exceeds 2 hours.

[quote name='captmurphy']Me too. Just play halo 2 on the 1st of Feb.[/QUOTE]

Oh sweet, I'm off that night! I was afraid I'd be working and wouldn't be able to do this. What does "playing" Halo 2 for 3 hours mean though? Is that the time actually spent IN a game, or is that time spent online with Halo 2 in the disc drive (searching for games, etc)?

[quote name='Plac1d']That's like having a Filet-o-Fish instead because the wait time for Red Lobster exceeds 2 hours.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying Halo 2 and Halo 3 are nearly identical?

Because Red Lobster and Mickey Ds aren't really too far apart...

[quote name='captmurphy']Don't forget that you can play Halo 2 for 3 hours and get one of 13000 or so spots in the beginning of Feb.[/quote]

can someone answer some questions about this? do you have to be one of the first 13333 people to play 3 hours? or do you just play 3 hours within the 3 day timeframe, and after that, the first 13333 people to register on the H3 site that have played 13333 hours get the invites?

for example, this thing starts feb 1....if i wait and play 3 hours on feb 3, will i still have a chance if 13333 people already played 3 hours ahead of me? or do i still have a chance b/c it's the first 13333 people to register after meeting the requirements (since official registration doesnt start til Feb 5 - a day or two AFTER the deadline for the 3 hours)

[quote name='swetooth9']can someone answer some questions about this? do you have to be one of the first 13333 people to play 3 hours? or do you just play 3 hours within the 3 day timeframe, and after that, the first 13333 people to register on the H3 site that have played 13333 hours get the invites?

for example, this thing starts feb 1....if i wait and play 3 hours on feb 3, will i still have a chance if 13333 people already played 3 hours ahead of me? or do i still have a chance b/c it's the first 13333 people to register after meeting the requirements (since official registration doesnt start til Feb 5 - a day or two AFTER the deadline for the 3 hours)[/quote]
It's the first 13,333 people to register on the site. That's why you have a couple of days to play before you're able to register.

I am not going to do that but does that mean they will have to go through 13,333 accounts to see if they actualy played the three hours or whatever

[quote name='slickkill77']I am not going to do that but does that mean they will have to go through 13,333 accounts to see if they actualy played the three hours or whatever[/quote]

Yeah. It's not hard for them to tell which gamertags played which games and how long they played them.

There will be a special H2 CAG lobby for CAG members to join at the EST begging of the contest, log into to the room and wait three hours,come back log out and go sign up at the site.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']There will be a special H2 CAG lobby for CAG members to join at the EST begging of the contest, log into to the room and wait three hours,come back log out and go sign up at the site.[/quote]

Count me in for this. I'll send you a FR from xbox.com in a bit.

I am still a little confused about this whole process...

Do you play, then sign up? Or sign up then play?

And what is the website? bungie.net?

:edit: nvm, I figured it out. Hope i make it in..

[quote name='Trakan']It's the first 13,333 people to register on the site. That's why you have a couple of days to play before you're able to register.[/quote]

thanks, i'll be playing late saturday night EST if anyone wants to play then

[quote name='videogamejunkie']first of 13333 on feb 5th anyone know the time zone the site is on? 12 midnight?[/quote]

its EST i believe.

Do you need actual game hours (3) or will 3 hours loged in work? Im thinking just logged in will work. Anyone think 13,333 is alot?

[quote name='Eastsidecracker']Do you need actual game hours (3) or will 3 hours loged in work? Im thinking just logged in will work. Anyone think 13,333 is alot?[/quote]

not sure so I just played like 6 hours the first night

I played but some of my games showed up online with an error while looking at Bungies stats page. So hopefully I made the amount but just playing Halo 2 for the few hours required with kids yelling in the mic reminds me why I stopped playing Halo online a long time ago.

[quote name='slickkill77']No i think it would be pst time. Because Bungie and Microsoft headquarters are both on the west coast[/QUOTE]

Who knows though, even though Bungie and MS are on the west coast, the timeframe for playing your 3 hours both started and ended at midnight EST on their respective days.

Screw this! I've been working and yesterday I get on to get my 3 hours but, of course, my cable internet went out. So, I logged something like 2.5 hours because Comcast's crap cable quits out when it gets cold. So, I played 2.5 hours for nothing. And I'm not buying that garbage that is Crackdown even if it came with a hooker. So, no beta for me. I certainly tried but it seems other forces are working against me. I'll probably still buy Halo 3 when it gets released anyway.

P.S. It was -3 degrees here yesterday for the record.

If I buy Crackdown, does every account on my 360 get access to the beta?
My brother wants to play it, and I'm hoping that I can go 50/50 with him on it.

[quote name='LiquidNight']If I buy Crackdown, does every account on my 360 get access to the beta?
My brother wants to play it, and I'm hoping that I can go 50/50 with him on it.[/QUOTE]

I think (and I don't think this was confirmed) that the first run of Crackdown will have a beta key in the game case. And that key will be tied to a LIVE account. I'm not 100% sure but that's how it has been in the past with closed betas.

[quote name='dastly75']Ok so tonight at midnight right[/quote]

I hope so. Can you imagine how bad it would suck if they make it at some random time throughout the day?

[quote name='valor19']I think (and I don't think this was confirmed) that the first run of Crackdown will have a beta key in the game case. And that key will be tied to a LIVE account. I'm not 100% sure but that's how it has been in the past with closed betas.[/QUOTE]
Nope.

According to Bungie you use the actual disk as your key to the download.

-------

I did my 3 hours of playing. Now I just have to wait until tomorrow and be one of the lucky 13,333.

Does anyone know when the sign-up page will launch tomorrow?

bread's done
Back