Get a Chance to Beta Test Halo 3 - Sign Up Dec 4

[quote name='omgu8myrice']its 12 est..anyone get on?[/quote]

Nothing doing for me, at the moment.

Edit: I am going to be a little frustrated if they decide to lauch it at midnight PST or wait until the morning to launch it.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']i really hope they dont decide to start the registration at some random time[/quote]

qtf it would suck cause i know it will be early and i will be sleeping

I predict they update the site @ 3:00 AM / PM.

Think about it... the name of the contest is The Rule of 3 Program, players were required to play 3 hours of Halo 2 within 3 days, in order to be selected you must be one of the first 13,333 to register.

Here is to hoping I'm wrong and the site is updated in a couple minutes. ;)

[quote name='captmurphy']Looks like I'm staying up until it is launched....[/quote]

I wish I had that choice, well I do but its not a bright one with having to work at 7, to stay up until the launch.

My guess is it will launch at midnight PST, so I'll hopefully be sound asleep then since it'll be 3 here. Guess I'll have to try in the morning and hope for a miracle or suck it up and get Crackdown.

Well it's only 9:19 here on the West coast, so no skin off my back if it is launched at midnight. If it isn't up by then, I'll hitting the hay and checking early in the morning.

[quote name='captmurphy']Well it's only 9:19 here on the West coast, so no skin off my back if it is launched at midnight. If it isn't up by then, I'll hitting the hay and checking early in the morning.[/quote]

For my sake, I hope its launched between 2 and 3:30 ET, that way I can attempt getting into it before work.

Good luck to everyone trying this method. Hopefully I will be lucky enough to get in, but sleep and work are more important at this point.

Sorry about that, tried it less than an hour ago and it still worked. Looks like maybe he got too much traffic and pulled the plug.

This is the worst marketing promotion ever. They've been so unclear on just about everything.

Does anybody think it matters if I put in my 3 hours on a regular Xbox? I've got a 360 with gold anyway, but I can't stand how poor the Halo 2 emulation is. The rules said to play on a 360, but I don't know how they could tell a difference, especially if they're just going off of bungie.net data.

I have no clue when this will go up now and it's so frustrating...

No no, it's up. I can't get in though. REFRESH REFRESH!

EDIT - the address at the top of the page has this text - "Halo3TeaserPhase2"

Trixy trixy.....

According to some people at the Bungie.net forums (which is full of idiots), the registration was up for about 35 seconds. I don't think so though. If all the spots were taken, I'm sure they'd have a page to let you know. From the looks of the stupid registration page, it seems as though the right page hasn't been put up yet.

[quote name='LunaticPuma']but I can't stand how poor the Halo 2 emulation is.[/quote]

Poor emulation? It's exactly the same as playing on the original XBOX.

You'll have to use this link: https://reg.msgamestudios.com/default.aspx?site=Halo3TeaserPhase2

Refresh and it will come:
betart9.jpg

I have no idea how I got in. I was stuck at a Xbox.com response page that would load up in a second with every refresh. Now it seems as if the server just got swallowed, and the previous response page isn't even showing up.

Yes, I just got through a few minutes ago too. I didn't print the screen though. I'm wondering if I should have or not.

Wow, I guess I created my xbl account on another email address. How can I find out which one is tied with the account? Its weird, I get the emails regarding the account, but when I signed in, it said you must have a account tied to a gamertag. ANy quick ideas?

[quote name='Eastsidecracker']Wow, I guess I created my xbl account on another email address. How can I find out which one is tied with the account? Its weird, I get the emails regarding the account, but when I signed in, it said you must have a account tied to a gamertag. ANy quick ideas?[/quote]
I just had this problem because I too have my emails forwarded to my other address. Luckily, though, I remembered. ;)

I'm pretty sure the Live Login has to be a hotmail account though. Hope that helps.

I really hope I got in the beta. According to that script posted earlier, I only had 158 minutes. I'm hoping it's inaccurate.

Ok, my 17yo self got in. I ended up wondering what it ment by no gt tied, seeing as how I just got an email about starting a year to my account, went onto the 360 and into acount management, told me which email to use, then went online, tried with a few passwords, didnt work, tried changing, but it didnt email me the link(might forward it to another past email). I thought I was screwed, then just brute forced with all my possible pws on the 360 and got it. I would have been pissed if it didnt let me register.

What a past 20minutes, well 15hrs waiting for it, well 5 days from when I started. Now I got to get ready for work.

[quote name='jPoD']So if I got that registration successful thing does it mean i'm in?[/QUOTE]
The first 13,333 qualifying gamers will be notified the week of February 11th – February 17th.

[quote name='jPoD']So if I got that registration successful thing does it mean i'm in?[/quote]

I wouldn't get your hopes up. There's no telling whether or not we were one of the first 13,333. Now if you receive a Congratulations email, thats another story. Thats what I'm waiting on.

[quote name='jPoD']So if I got that registration successful thing does it mean i'm in?[/quote]
They'll let you know next week.

And WTF kind of random time was this shit.

Also, I am pretty sure there was an age restriction, but I am not sure if it was 18 or not.

Edit: [quote name='Halo3.com']Rule of Three Program
The "Rule of Three" program is for gamers (17 years and older) in the 50 United States (includes District of Columbia) and Canada who have access to an Xbox 360 Pro console or an Xbox 360™ Core console with hard drive, a valid Xbox Live Gold subscription and the Halo 2 game.[/quote]

bread's done
Back