Getting a PS3, can somone explain PS+ for me.

Shifty Effect

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
So as the title states, I'm getting a 320GB (overkill?) PS3 so I can dive into all those exclusive PS titles I missed out on, and having a good blu-ray player is sweet too. Anyways, I've been thinking of picking up a PS+ membership because of those free games...except I'm confused on how it works. For as I know the games that are free can be mine until my membership runs out, but I have no idea what games are available. Are there only a certain number of games per-month that are free? Are there games that are always free? I tried finding a list of the games currently but nothing seems clear cut. If someone can explain it to me that would be great, or point me to a site. Thanks guys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_%28North_America%29

Every month, there'll usually be one (sometimes 2) games added to the Instant Game Collection with the store update on Tuesday in North America. Those rotate out after a month. Games can be for PS3 or PSV, although sometimes there'll be some PSP games. You can normally expect to see 1-2 handheld games per month, with the rest being for PS3.

There are a few "permanent" games in the collection - for PS3, last year's crop was LittleBigPlanet 2, Infamous 2, and R&C: All 4 One. Those phased out for Uncharted 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, and LittleBigPlanet Karting in June of this year. Those games stick around for longer than a month at a time.

When you "buy" free games in the PSN store, they'll be added to your account permanently like a normal purchase, with the caveat that you can't play them without an active PS+ subscription.

Also, here's a current list of the free games.

11240788813_f1497f26a8_o.jpg

bread's done
Back