getting songs on and off ipod touch without itunes?

wwe101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Hi is there any way I can add or delete songs of my itouch without using itunes? I hate using itunes becuase it always deletes songs off my ipod if they arent on my computer anymore and the interface just sucks to me. is there a way that my PC can recognize it as just a usb device and i can just drag and drop as if it were an external HDD?:D

First, itunes does that because you have it set to sync the ipod. Turn that option off and it won't do that. Second, go to http://www.getsharepod.com/ and get that, it works great and lets you not only add stuff to your ipod, it lets you copy stuff to the pc from it

[quote name='Sycowulf']First, itunes does that because you have it set to sync the ipod. Turn that option off and it won't do that. Second, go to http://www.getsharepod.com/ and get that, it works great and lets you not only add stuff to your ipod, it lets you copy stuff to the pc from it[/QUOTE]

Sharepod is a great program -- I found it easier to add album art using Sharepod also ....

If it's anything like the old iPods, you can set to disc mode and find it all in folders, possibly hidden folders though. Been a long time since I had to do that.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']If it's anything like the old iPods, you can set to disc mode and find it all in folders, possibly hidden folders though. Been a long time since I had to do that.[/QUOTE]

That does work, but the file names and structure are all funky when you go through it. If you use sharepod, it will auto name files and folders taken off to conform with the ID3 tags on the ipod. Its great.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']If it's anything like the old iPods, you can set to disc mode and find it all in folders, possibly hidden folders though. Been a long time since I had to do that.[/QUOTE]wait flat out disc mode? I thought that stopped working like 4-5 ipods ago.

my rec if floola. free little program that does just that moving stuff on and off. Probably wouldn't use it for day to day management but few things are good for that outside of iTunes. The best is still kinda sucky.

I think there's a foobar plugin but learning foobar is it's own challenge.

bread's done
Back