GGT 105 : In Memorandum of Cheddahz

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='MusicNoteLess']Finished Portal 2 SP in about 6 hours. On to the Co-op.[/QUOTE]

So the 4 hour estimates weren't too far off -- How much faster would you have gone through if you hadn't gotten perplexed a few times?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']So the 4 hour estimates weren't too far off -- How much faster would you have gone through if you hadn't gotten perplexed a few times?[/QUOTE]

If I knew exactly what I was doing I would've been done in about 3-4 hours. 2-3 if the "cutscenes" were skippable. Not that I would tho. I thoroughly enjoyed the story.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']So the 4 hour estimates weren't too far off -- How much faster would you have gone through if you hadn't gotten perplexed a few times?[/QUOTE]

A 50% increase in length that people (who probably didn't play the game) were saying is not something I would refer to as, not too far off. And isn't the point of a puzzle game to be perplexed and think about the puzzle? Your question is like asking how much faster an FPS would be if you turned on an invincibility cheat.

[quote name='icebeast']A 50% increase in length is not something I would refer to as, not too far off. And isn't the point of a puzzle game to be perplexed and think about the puzzle? Your question is like asking how much faster an FPS would be if you turned on an invincibility cheat.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. A speed run isn't an actual estimate of length. As Hank has mentioned before, Super Metroid can be beaten in an hour and a half if you know what you're doing.

[quote name='icebeast']A 50% increase in length that people (who probably didn't play the game) were saying is not something I would refer to as, not too far off. And isn't the point of a puzzle game to be perplexed and think about the puzzle? Your question is like asking how much faster an FPS would be if you turned on an invincibility cheat.[/QUOTE]

No it's not.

If you want the invincibility cheat argument, you'd have to compare it to something like "used a strategy guide to get the puzzle answers".

Different people have different cognitive abilities. Just because something clicks faster for someone because of the way they think isn't like turning on an invincibility cheat.

[quote name='ihadFG']Exactly. A speed run isn't an actual estimate of length. As Hank has mentioned before, Super Metroid can be beaten in an hour and a half if you know what you're doing.[/QUOTE]

Nobody said anything about a speed run. I merely asked if he wasn't stumped on a few puzzles, that is, if he had originally found the solutions obvious, how long it would have taken.

Has anyone sold their MK costume codes? Im wanting to sell my Kitana outfit on eBay since it seems to be going for about $40, but I'm always so nervous because I don't want someone shady buying it, using it, and then saying the code was already used or whatever so they can get their money back.

[quote name='Cheska19']Has anyone sold their MK costume codes? Im wanting to sell my Kitana outfit on eBay since it seems to be going for about $40, but I'm always so nervous because I don't want someone shady buying it, using it, and then saying the code was already used or whatever so they can get their money back.[/QUOTE]

I sell stuff like that all the time.
Sold my MvC3 SE codes on eBay back in February.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I sell stuff like that all the time.
Sold my MvC3 SE codes on eBay back in February.[/QUOTE]

But what do you do if someone lies and tries to rip you off? I was planning on shipping the actual card go them too, but like I said, worried about getting scammed.

[quote name='Cheska19']But what do you do if someone lies and tries to rip you off? I was planning on shipping the actual card go them too, but like I said, worried about getting scammed.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you're even allowed to sell digital goods on ebay in the first place if I recall correctly.

[quote name='Cheska19']But what do you do if someone lies and tries to rip you off? I was planning on shipping the actual card go them too, but like I said, worried about getting scammed.[/QUOTE]

Usually, I limit the bidding to people who have positive feedback and such, paypal only, etc.
I state that a picture of the code will be sent along with the code via email.
With the MvC3 one, it wasn't even active yet. I repeatedly stated the code would not work until 3/15 or whatever it was and that I checked and it currently was not valid.

The real catch here is this:
Odds are, the Kitana code is really worth, say, $4.
If someone is an idiot and wants to pay you a premium for it, let them, should you not want it.
Worst case? They waste their time being shady and disputing it... I'm sure you could try to argue back and such, but even if you said "fuck it" and didn't want to deal with it, what are you out? $4-$10 bucks, realistically.

So if it's going for $40, are you willing to be $4-$10 that you won't have any issues?

[quote name='distgfx']I don't think you're even allowed to sell digital goods on ebay in the first place if I recall correctly.[/QUOTE]

This is true. You're not supposed to sell codes on eBay.
If you're too worried about it, don't do it.
If you don't want to risk your primary account, use a secondary, if you have one. When I sold the MvC3 one, I used my secondary account in case the buyer threw a tantrum because it wouldn't work immediately. No problems though.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']No it's not.

If you want the invincibility cheat argument, you'd have to compare it to something like "used a strategy guide to get the puzzle answers".

Different people have different cognitive abilities. Just because something clicks faster for someone because of the way they think isn't like turning on an invincibility cheat.[/QUOTE]

And that is exactly how I took your question, like, "How long would the game take you if you already knew all the answers?" Which is basically what you're implying, you phrase it as all the solutions were trivial, but in essence that is the same as having all the answers or someone just reading the solutions directly from a guide.

Of course I understand that people will be able to solve puzzles at different speeds, but if all the puzzles didn't seem challenging at all I would find that basically the exact same as an action or shooter game with an invincibility cheat or turning the difficulty to very easy, since there wouldn't be any kind of challenge. Like I said the point of a puzzle game is to make you think and stump you at times, just like an action or shooter game challenges you to survive what it throws at you. Basically what I'm trying to say is that not finding any puzzle challenging is the exact same as not feeling like your ever going to die in an action or shooter game.

[quote name='icebeast']And that is exactly how I took your question, like, "How long would the game take you if you already knew all the answers?" Which is basically what you're implying, you phrase it as all the solutions were trivial, but in essence that is the same as having all the answers or someone just reading the solutions directly from a guide.

Of course I understand that people will be able to solve puzzles at different speeds, but if all the puzzles didn't seem challenging at all I would find that basically the exact same as an action or shooter game with an invincibility cheat or turning the difficulty to very easy, since there wouldn't be any kind of challenge. Like I said the point of a puzzle game is to make you think and stump you at times, just like an action or shooter game challenges you to survive what it throws at you. Basically what I'm trying to say is that not finding any puzzle challenging is the exact same as not feeling like your ever going to die in an action or shooter game.[/QUOTE]

I can understand your reasoning, but I still don't agree with the analogy.

To me, there's a difference between *DECIDING* to take the challenge out of something and attempting something as it was designed and not finding it challenging. Hence why I disagreed with your comparison in the first place. :)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I can understand your reasoning, but I still don't agree with the analogy.

To me, there's a difference between *DECIDING* to take the challenge out of something and attempting something as it was designed and not finding it challenging. Hence why I disagreed with your comparison in the first place. :)[/QUOTE]

I guess that is true, I could have made a better analogy. I just didn't really understand why you were asking that question, since it would be the same as me asking you how fast you could have beaten Halo Reach on Legendary if you didn't die once. Like sure the question makes sense, and clearly it would be faster... but that didn't happen so I doubt you can really estimate that.

^^
mk2_shaokahnarena.png
FINISH HIM!

[quote name='distgfx']
mk2_shaokahnarena.png

FINISH HIM!

^_^[/QUOTE]

And that kids...is the whole concept of every Mortal Kombat game for ya!

[quote name='Gustav']And that kids...is the whole concept of every Mortal Kombat game for ya![/QUOTE]

And hopefully corrosive or beasty will kill one another for my enjoyment.

[quote name='distgfx']And hopefully corrosive or beasty will kill one another for my enjoyment.[/QUOTE]

I'm betting my money on Corrosive

[quote name='icebeast']I guess that is true, I could have made a better analogy. I just didn't really understand why you were asking that question, since it would be the same as me asking you how fast you could have beaten Halo Reach on Legendary if you didn't die once. Like sure the question makes sense, and clearly it would be faster... but that didn't happen so I doubt you can really estimate that.[/QUOTE]

I asked out of curiosity sake -- usually, I find puzzles in games to be obvious unless they're exceedingly obtuse. (Love that word ^_^).

The opposite argument could be made too -- if you found all the puzzles obtuse but suffered through the game to the end determined to beat it instead of returning it, how long would it take? 12 hours? 15 hours.

--

Hey distgfx -- what's your take on MK?
And for the record, I would not harm your waifu. :)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Hey distgfx -- what's your take on MK?[/QUOTE]

Still haven't tried online, because realistically I'd only try it for about 5 min and I don't trust a random's connection. The single player though, wow, the story mode was really good. The combat itself is great too, best MK game in a loooooong time.

[quote name='distgfx']Still haven't tried online, because realistically I'd only try it for about 5 min and I don't trust a random's connection. The single player though, wow, the story mode was really good. The combat itself is great too, best MK game in a loooooong time.[/QUOTE]

I've been dying to try it -- maybe I'll open it up tonight.... what layout are you using on your fightstick? Also, who are you using?

This didn't help:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT1ikalgv4Y

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I've been dying to try it -- maybe I'll open it up tonight.... what layout are you using on your fightstick? Also, who are you using?[/QUOTE]

Shiiit, I always get front and back on the game messed up, I think it's:

FP BLK BP
FK TAG BK

As for who I'm using, I don't have a damned clue. I just know that cyber sub-zero having a dive kick made me laugh, hard.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Did you align your kicks and punches on the same rows subliminally because of SF? :)[/QUOTE]

No, that's just the way it originally was on the pad.

[quote name='Chacrana']yfkgygf[/QUOTE]

trutquie

I finally got a lag free match tonight, first one out of 5 matches. Dude still kicked my ass though, just spammed two of Kitana's moves over and over again till I got pinned in the corner and could not do anything. I'd block or try to jump over them and get either smaked down or grabbed instantly. I'm guessing I shouldn't just pick Cyber Sub next time, and stick to the people I absolutely know.

Will play Ermac and Noob forever now.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Gears 3 beta gets stale fast with only 2 maps and TDM. :|[/QUOTE]
I agree, that's why I haven't played it anymore since yesterday. I miss CTL.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Gears 3 beta gets stale fast with only 2 maps and TDM. :|[/QUOTE]

Gears 1 and 2 were boring in the first place, so I have no interest in this one

My MK Fatality would be involving me blowing fire at of my mouth and while the opponent's head is on fire, I rip his/her head and eat it, and I would also shit the head back onto the decapitated body. After this is all done, I mourn to a really good friend of mine (by the name of Cheddahz)

Played a bit more Limbo. Think I'm on chapter 14 now and a bit stuck. Puzzles are getting trickier but I've still figured the mall out in 5-10 minutes or so. I only spent a couple minutes on the one I'm at now as I was getting tired and wanted to quit and get ready for bed.

[quote name='Gustav']My MK Fatality would be involving me blowing fire at of my mouth and while the opponent's head is on fire, I rip his/her head and eat it. After this is all done, I mourn to a really good friend of mine[/QUOTE]

I thought you were going to say, "And then shit the head back onto the decapitated body."

[quote name='icebeast']I thought you were going to say, "And then shit the head back onto the decapitated body."[/QUOTE]

Left that part out, thanks for reminding me

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Guys, we should all make our own MK Fatality concepts and post them here! I've got two for myself already.[/QUOTE]

I'd just have sex with my victim. Believe me, that's more terrifying than any fatality any of you could ever come up with.

Joel's would be proposing to them.

My first Fatality has me cracking open a can of Amp, I rush toward my enemy as lightning cracks and spews forth from my mouth, I shout at them. While they are shaking from the electrocution, I pound the ground, sending them high into the air! When they are directly over my head I point to them and a lightning bolt comes down from the heavens and (running through them) strikes my finger. They are reduced to a fine dust which is then blown into the wind.

The name is "Strikes Twice".

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back