GGT #19 is full of Wii-Haters :( :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
maddgotbeef.gif

Yo is the story in Bayonetta supposed to make sense? I've just been skipping the cut-scenes because they are so bonkers. Gameplay is fresh though.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Yo is the story in Bayonetta supposed to make sense? I've just been skipping the cut-scenes because they are so bonkers. Gameplay is fresh though.[/QUOTE]

Bayonetta has a story?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Yo is the story in Bayonetta supposed to make sense? I've just been skipping the cut-scenes because they are so bonkers. Gameplay is fresh though.[/QUOTE]
I just wanna stare at her bonkers.

[quote name='SuperPhillip']I have to slay you all!

No, not really.

How do new GGT topics work? When do you decide to do a new one? Whenever?[/QUOTE]

500 posts.

Ah, okay. Thanks!

Anyway, been playing the DKC trilogy for whatever reason. Waiting for 3D Dot Game Heroes, and May's other big games.

[quote name='SuperPhillip']Anyway, been playing the DKC trilogy for whatever reason.[/QUOTE]
The reason should be because they're great, YOU FOOL.
slap.jpg

for the first bunch of chapters they're kinda "haha those crazy japanese" funny and then it tries to get serious. and when it tries to get serious, the cutscenes get much longer. then they get even longer in the last couple chapters.

so yeah, feel free to skip 'em.

Cutscenes are AWESOME, how dare you skip them :p

I just got back from GS, I decided to flip my copy of Tekken 6 that I got during the Amazon PS3 Goldbox day for 25 and picked up Lego Rock Band and then traded in a couple of other things like Saints Row 2 and CoD: WaW and picked up Assassin's Creed 1 and Spider-Man: Friend or Foe. Not bad, considering WaW and SR2 got boring and Tekken 6 just plain sucked.

I was hoping to get Cave Story for the Wii when I found out that Amazon doesn't offer WiiWare games anymore, so I'd have to get $20 in points to just be able to buy it. I might see if I can get some cheaper points at Target to help a bit.

I prefer Wii exclusives over 360 exclusives personally. Maybe 2 years ago I'd say negative things about the Wii, but it has had an awesome lineup of games late last year and early this year, and it has interesting games coming out the rest of the year. VC has been good lately with FFIV (II SNES), Ogre Battle 64, etc. coming to it.

My Monster Hunter Tri shipped. Thought about getting a controller with it, but I'll wait.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I prefer Wii exclusives over 360 exclusives personally. [/QUOTE]

yeah, like

and

and

and

and

those are all awesome wii exclusives

Man, you guys really help my argument that Wii trolls are the most pathetic, most desperate group in gaming.

Really lame. fuckin' fanboys.
*in before said fanboys quadruple-team me and troll yet again, once again proving my point*

[quote name='ninja dog']yeah, like
Mario Galaxy
and

Madworld
and
Metroid Prime Trilogy
and

New Super Mario Bros. Wii
and
Zack & Wiki

those are all awesome wii exclusives[/QUOTE]
Filled in the blanks for you. ;)

Even though the 360 is my favorite current gen system, I have to admit it barely has any exclusives. The Wii doesn't have anywhere near as many good games, but the ones it does have are all exclusives, whereas most of the good 360 games are multiplatform. And as for exclusive games coming out this year, the Wii has the 360 beat easily.

[quote name='ninja dog']yeah, like

and

and

and

and

those are all awesome wii exclusives[/QUOTE]

You forgot

oh, this was a good one too

this one was kinda meh though

As far as exclusives I just count the PS3 and xbawks as one thing and the wii as another...any multiplatform game im probably gonna get on xbawks since it has the better controller for me.

What it comes down to is this: If the only console I had this gen was the PS3, I would be fine. The xbox, I would be fine. The wii, I would feel like I was missing out on everything. Sure it has some good games, but it would be like only having the psp as a portable: yeah there's some stuff worth playing, but lookit that ds libary

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']As far as exclusives I just count the PS3 and xbawks as one thing and the wii as another...any multiplatform game im probably gonna get on xbawks since it has the better controller for me.

What it comes down to is this: If the only console I had this gen was the PS3, I would be fine. The xbox, I would be fine. The wii, I would feel like I was missing out on everything. Sure it has some good games, but it would be like only having the psp as a portable: yeah there's some stuff worth playing, but lookit that ds libary[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it better myself although missing the Virtual Console would suck. Nintendo did an incredible job making the games run exactly like they used to (sprite flicker and slowdown).

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']
What it comes down to is this: If the only console I had this gen was the PS3, I would be fine. The xbox, I would be fine. The wii, I would feel like I was missing out on everything. Sure it has some good games, but it would be like only having the psp as a portable: yeah there's some stuff worth playing, but lookit that ds libary[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with this. I would take the 360 or PS3 over the Wii any day if I were to own only one console. But if I already owned a PS3 or 360, and was buying a second console, the Wii certainly would have a fair shot at being that console.

When TMK said he prefers the Wii exclusives over the 360 exclusives, he wasn't counting games that are also on PS3 as 360 exclusives.

It's ironic. I bought a Wii because I was feeling left out with only a 360.
A man can only take so many gun game exclusives. *shrugs*

Kevin Conroy gave away that Two Face is in Arkham Asylum 2 (though you could see the Two Face as Uncle Sam poster in the trailer.) I'm thinking they're going to have the various factions blocking off parts of the city so that the experience stays contained like the first, but with the different style of enemies in each like Infamous. We've already seen the hints of Two Face, Black Mask, and The Penguin.

Hopefully it doesn't go completely open world as I think the look of the game would suffer, but having a few hub areas like the courtyards in the first would work.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']As far as exclusives I just count the PS3 and xbawks as one thing and the wii as another...any multiplatform game im probably gonna get on xbawks since it has the better controller for me.

I agree with you on this sooo much.

I don't hate the Wii, but I haven't missed it since selling mine (bought at launch) in early 2008.

I just didn't dig the motion control, didn't dig the casual games like Wii Sports etc., hated it not being HD once I got an HDTV (about a year after buying it) and was just burnt out and sick on Nintendo's franchises after playing them for 25 years or so.

I enjoyed Zelda, Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 alright, but none were mind blowing to me, and there hasn't been a single game I've regretted not being able to play since then.

My tastes just changed and I mainly play FPS, WRPGs and some action/adventure games (Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed 2 etc.) so the Wii just doesn't match up to my gaming interests. Add in that I just don't game enough to justify owning more than one console (for example, hoped to get in some AC2 today, but got tied up and just now getting ready to leave the office) and I just didn't need the Wii as I don't get around to playing all the 360 games that interest me.

But it's a fine system for people who still dig Nintendo's games, like the casual/party games, like motion control etc. Just not my cup of tea.

[quote name='zewone']Wii sucks.[/QUOTE]
Wow, with just two simple words you summed up my life's philosophy.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']At night I go out and sneak into houses. If I find an Xbox or PS3 I leave a chocolate candy. If I find a Wii I take a child.[/QUOTE]

I loled :applause:

[quote name='SuperPhillip']Man, you guys really help my argument that Wii trolls are the most pathetic, most desperate group in gaming.

Really lame. fuckin' fanboys.
*in before said fanboys quadruple-team me and troll yet again, once again proving my point*[/QUOTE]

heh.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I just got back from GS, I decided to flip my copy of Tekken 6 that I got during the Amazon PS3 Goldbox day for 25 and picked up Lego Rock Band and then traded in a couple of other things like Saints Row 2 and CoD: WaW and picked up Assassin's Creed 1 and Spider-Man: Friend or Foe. Not bad, considering WaW and SR2 got boring and Tekken 6 just plain sucked.[/QUOTE]

I've heard very bad things about Friend or Foe.

[quote name='diddy310']Kevin Conroy gave away that Two Face is in Arkham Asylum 2 (though you could see the Two Face as Uncle Sam poster in the trailer.) I'm thinking they're going to have the various factions blocking off parts of the city so that the experience stays contained like the first, but with the different style of enemies in each like Infamous. We've already seen the hints of Two Face, Black Mask, and The Penguin.

Hopefully it doesn't go completely open world as I think the look of the game would suffer, but having a few hub areas like the courtyards in the first would work.[/QUOTE]

I think if they did it ala Metroid prime where there are specific areas, and remains a directed experience it wouldn't be too bad. I'm not sure how it will handle full outdoors though.

Played a couple of co-op missions of Splinter Cell: Conviction tonight. Had a ton of fun, despite playing on realistic and always setting off alarms.

My wii was stolen, so It can't be loved anymore
It was you JSP, wasn't it?

[quote name='BlueScrote']I've heard very bad things about Friend or Foe.

I think if they did it ala Metroid prime where there are specific areas, and remains a directed experience it wouldn't be too bad. I'm not sure how it will handle full outdoors though.

[/QUOTE]
I've heard some middling reviews for Friend or Foe, but for 10 bucks I couldn't really pass it up. I tend to love Marvel games no matter what.

I agree with you on Batman, too. I think that if they did it like Metroid then it would work well.

I think the one HD console, then the Wii is the way to go this gen. Just go by the exclusives you prefer more and otherwise they are about even.

I personally went with the PS3 after waiting 2 years after its launch to see if they had the same hardware failures the PS2 had - which I went through 4 of them, then seeing the RRoD issues on the 360 made it easier ). Would I like to play Splinter Cell Conviction and Gears? Yes, but not enough to buy a 3rd piece of hardware.

With regards to the Wii, as soon as it dropped to 200 I was on board. I've always enjoyed Nintendo's first party games and they made the Wii worth the price for me.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I've heard some middling reviews for Friend or Foe, but for 10 bucks I couldn't really pass it up. I tend to love Marvel games no matter what.
[/QUOTE]
It's unbearably godawful. One of the worst things I ever played, and almost killed myself finishing it.

The Wii is great, lots of variety once you sift through the inevitable third party junk. If you're going to hate something do it right - hate the 360. There isn't a single thing it does right compared to any other gaming platform.

Console wars in this topic... again.

Wii brought up, trolls circle jerk and grab one another's cocks, ignorance ensues, retards like zewone fit the stereotype of a Wii troll with worthless posts, trolls troll base on misinformation, pretend they're funny, cycle continues.

This particular board is so predictable. Full of retarded fanboys who throw stones in their glass houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back