GGT 221 Maaaaaaaay Have Felt Up Its Cousin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just saying Nathan Drake is a better character and easier to relate to for me than Lara Croft is.

Besides, trapped on an island is a boring overtold story. The Uncharted games have more to them than that.

[quote name='Indignate']Is he only trapped on an island in the first one?[/QUOTE]

He isn't trapped. He chooses to be there.

[quote name='Indignate']Don't want realistic games, just want games that incorporate their story into the mechanics. SR3 knows exactly what it is and it doesn't give a fuck and lets you do whatever the fuck you want. GTIV knew what it wanted to be, but didn't want to change it's fundamentals, and it's kind of stupid because of it.

If we want this medium to continue to be a piece of shit for storytelling, than let's keep it that way. Let's not tell Lara Croft stories and just keep telling Nathan Drake stories. It's the same game anyways.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, it just depends on the goals of the game, like you pointing out with SR3 versus GTA. Uncharted is certainly more stylized and cartoon like than Tomb Raider, so while it doesn't handle the uncanny valley all that gracefully, you can give it some wiggle room since it's basically gaming's answer to a popcorn flick. I doubt The Last of Us will be as ridiculous as a typical Naughty Dog adventure, and they'll be more careful about this sort of thing with it.

[quote name='The Crotch']Hank's slideshow doesn't even have all the bugs I encountered, as I wasn't able to screencap everything. The chrysalid attacking a civilian through a wall was fucking bullshit, man.[/QUOTE]

You rang?

Pretty sure Battletanx has the best video game story
David Cage needs to spend some time with battletanx
and use polygons to convey emotions

emotion emotions emotions emotions emotions

david cage is the savior of the video game industry

BE2z4uZCMAAJWez.jpg:large
BEyty7sCcAABkGt.jpg:large
BEzIW7dCEAEoZwo.jpg:large
BE2OrHFCEAEywLV.jpg:large

[quote name='whoknows']I really don't know who David Cage is.

Must not be an important person if that's the case.[/QUOTE]

That's cuz you didn't watch the Sony conference cuz you were too busy doing...other things.

It was all about him and Hank's man Johnathon Blow.

wow you guys arent gamerz

David Cage is the most important man in the industry
he pours emotions into games
like pouring milk in yo cereal.

Heavy rain was the most emotional game ever

[quote name='hankmecrankme']You rang?[/QUOTE]Got some new images for you.

ud06dRH.jpg

Though you can open this door if you're taking cover beside it...

fgZS4tW.jpg

... you can't interact with it if you're standing in front of it.

av1RgA8.jpg

Here's a better view of someone looking one way and shooting another.

v5RdWIY.jpg

New DLC: Tunneling Floaters
[quote name='mrspicytacoman']Pretty sure Battletanx has the best video game story
David Cage needs to spend some time with battletanx
and use polygons to convey emotions

emotion emotions emotions emotions emotions

david cage is the savior of the video game industry[/QUOTE]
Hey look, taco watched a video of a British guy.

[quote name='Indignate']Someone's trolling isn't as good as other people's.[/QUOTE]

You really are Leda, huh? Trying to infect your way into a bunch of gamers...

[quote name='j-cart']Heavy Rain guy.

BTW whoknows, that is one sexy avatar.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is. He's the only Cage I care about.

[quote name='The Crotch']Got some new images for you.

ud06dRH.jpg

Though you can open this door if you're taking cover beside it...

fgZS4tW.jpg

... you can't interact with it if you're standing in front of it.

av1RgA8.jpg

Here's a better view of someone looking one way and shooting another.

v5RdWIY.jpg

New DLC: Tunneling Floaters

Hey look, taco watched a video of a British guy.[/QUOTE]
Added.

[quote name='Indignate']If you play it you lose, Hank!

It's like Spec Ops.[/QUOTE]
Spec Ops is hilarious though.

"Aww shit, horrors of war!! I gotta BBQ everyone now. . .Whoops!! Totally not my fault." It's just so sudden too. lol These guys would've gone apeshit during Vietnam probably. Napalm for everyone.

not sure what you guys are complaining bout
the game was obviously made for console peasants
pretty sure it said that on the box

actually just checked
theres no quotes on the xcom box

David Cage can spend as much money as he wants adding polygons to the faces of his shitty characters, but I'm not dropping $60 on another 4 hour mystery thriller written by chimps.

Also, if we're talking about terrible excuses to put women into unneeded and sexually vulgar situations, Heavy Rain trumps most other examples. Where was Kotaku then?

they were too busy appreciating the masterwork that is Heavy Rain.
Its cool if you didnt get it bro, most people didn't.
Heavy rain is a work of art, and especially a work of emotion.

[quote name='panzerfaust']David Cage can spend as much money as he wants adding polygons to the faces of his shitty characters, but I'm not dropping $60 on another 4 hour mystery thriller written by chimps.

Also, if we're talking about terrible excuses to put women into unneeded and sexually vulgar situations, Heavy Rain trumps most other examples. Where was Kotaku then?[/QUOTE]

i cant wait for Beyond bro. dat Willlem Dafoe mang. shit i love that man. Heavy Rain was awesome, I love dat game

I feel like this whole "always online thing" was this bet two guys made during their skull and bones college days.

One just happen to land a the job that was in charge of diablo 3 and the other was stuck on SimCity. What determined the winner or loser of this bet I do not know...

[quote name='panzerfaust']What makes Sim City unplayable? Bad servers like D3?[/QUOTE]

More like it's a bad game just like D3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back