GGT 221 Maaaaaaaay Have Felt Up Its Cousin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using the murasama blade and I've done all the way to R03 already. You pretty much need a no dmg rating for the points and if you miss a skippable battle the highest you'll get is an A.
I'm not gonna waste money on the fox blade I'd rather just upgrade everything for now.

Saints Row 3 and Sleeping Dogs are the best GTA style games this gen.

GTAIV was the worst. Not because of quality, but because it was no fun to play.

RDR is pretty good. I quit at the beginning due to boredom, but I'm glad I eventually went back.

[quote name='j-cart']Panzer, I think you need to review D3.
[/QUOTE]

I had that out a few weeks after release (link). Granted, it's a pretty outdated opinion since Blizzard reworked the entire game since then.

[quote name='whoknows']Saints Row 3 and Sleeping Dogs are the best GTA style games this gen.

RDR is pretty good. I quit at the beginning due to boredom, but I'm glad I eventually went back.[/QUOTE]
RDR is an amazing game easily my favorite game on xbox.
GTA IV sucked because it tried to be a serious game and took out all the fun activities . Hanging out with your CUZIN is not fun.

[quote name='GUNNM']RDR is an amazing game easily my favorite game on xbox.
GTA IV sucked because it tried to be a serious game and took out all the fun activities . Hanging out with your CUZIN is not fun.[/QUOTE]

Back when it came out I loved how people were praising the story and saying it was movie quality and blah blah blah.

Sure the story was movie quality...it was the quality of a very bad movie.

EDIT: Here's what IGN said

GTA IV gives us characters and a world with a level of depth previously unseen in gaming and elevates its story from a mere shoot-em-up to an Oscar-caliber drama

I had a seizure when I read that for the first time.

I don't think I played the game again when I beat it. I tried I drove around GTA city looking for shit to do and found none.

[quote name='whoknows']Saints Row 3 and Sleeping Dogs are the best GTA style games this gen.

RDR is pretty good. I quit at the beginning due to boredom, but I'm glad I eventually went back.[/QUOTE]
This. fucking this.

Also who cares if what you do outside of the story isn't canon? It's a videogame. Play the shit, have fun, enjoy it. If you don't, then move on to the next game.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I had that out a few weeks after release (link). Granted, it's a pretty outdated opinion since Blizzard reworked the entire game since then.[/QUOTE]

HAH! I meant "re-review"

Also guys, GTA: Chinatown Wars is the best GTA "story" game and Red Dead Revolver was was better than Red Dead Redemption is ALL aspects!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOyUsYl7sfw

[quote name='hankmecrankme']This. fucking this.

Also who cares if what you do outside of the story isn't canon? It's a videogame. Play the shit, have fun, enjoy it. If you don't, then move on to the next game.[/QUOTE]

I care. Everything needs to make sense. You just don't understand how it takes me out of the game when Lara Croft isn't shivering the right way.

I still don't know how John Marsten can call himself a better man when he just roamed into a town and killed everyone in sight.

[quote name='j-cart']I still don't know how John Marsten can call himself a better man when he just roamed into a town and killed everyone in sight.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe he tied up that woman and put her on the railroad tracks.

[quote name='whoknows']I care. Everything needs to make sense. You just don't understand how it takes me out of the game when Lara Croft isn't shivering the right way.[/QUOTE]

Shit, you're right. It totally takes me out of the story. I believed a single white girl could survive all of this crazy ass shit by hserself, suspended my disbelief just a bit. . .BUT SHE'S NOT fuckING SHIVERING? fuck THIS GAME!!

When I played Uncharted 2, Jeff got shot by Solidus Drake, then Elena and Nate escaped from Liquid Drake. As they were running, I got shot like, 10 times. I then stopped and said "Wait. ..If Jeff got shot once and died, then how did I survive 10 shots while running away, and I didn't even miss a step?"

I shut the game off right there, never went back.

Shit doesn't deserve a re-review. It's a western fantasy themed version of farmville, and it's not worth playing unless you plan on tying your PayPal account to it and using farm bots to sell gold to the chinese.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Shit, you're right. It totally takes me out of the story. I believed a single white girl could survive all of this crazy ass shit by hserself, suspended my disbelief just a bit. . .BUT SHE'S NOT fuckING SHIVERING? fuck THIS GAME!!

When I played Uncharted 2, Jeff got shot by Solidus Drake, then Elena and Nate escaped from Liquid Drake. As they were running, I got shot like, 10 times. I then stopped and said "Wait. ..If Jeff got shot once and died, then how did I survive 10 shots while running away, and I didn't even miss a step?"

I shut the game off right there, never went back.[/QUOTE]

I just don't understand how Lara Croft can act so disgusted when she kills one man, but then she mows down a bunch of others like it's nothing. Don't forget those brutal finishers she does later. It's like she's enjoying it.

She's a murderer!

[quote name='j-cart']I still can't believe John Marsten doesn't know how to walk up a set of steps from the side.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe John Marsten doesn't shiver when he's in the rain.

fully realistic games would be awful, just how hollywood movies would suck if james bond got hit in the face by one of those stray bullets in a car chase. people complain about this sort of shit but don't seem to realize what they're asking for.

[quote name='panzerfaust']fully realistic games would be awful, just how hollywood movies would suck if james bond got hit in the face by one of those stray bullets in a car chase. people complain about this sort of shit but don't seem to realize what they're asking for.[/QUOTE]
This.

For a good movie example, see Last Action Hero. Yes, Last Action Hero. First half is a parody of Arnold movies where he's basically invincible and is a super badass, then he ends up in the real world and he's mortal, he can't just punch a car window out and feel no pain, and he has human limits. I certainly want my video games to be the former and not the latter. If I want everything to be realistic, I'll go outside.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']This.

For a good movie example, see Last Action Hero. Yes, Last Action Hero. First half is a parody of Arnold movies where he's basically invincible and is a super badass, then he ends up in the real world and he's mortal, he can't just punch a car window out and feel no pain, and he has human limits. I certainly want my video games to be the former and not the latter. If I want everything to be realistic, I'll go outside.[/QUOTE]

Last Action Hero was just epic. Someone tell Arnie we need a sequel.

Nah, he will probably go the same route as Steven Seagal and do a bunch of direct-to-video crap.

Seagal and Arnold in Under Seige 3. Coming to a red box near you.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'll take GTA games over the childish and meager attempts at "story" that the SR games piece together. SR3 is honestly the *only* SR game I thought was worthwhile (because they fixed the respect mechanic finally, thank God), but even then, I'm not going to play it because I want to know what happens or care about the story. And I don't really find the humour or mindset of the game appealing in most cases, though occasionally there is something I find amusing.[/QUOTE]

I'm only talking about SR3 since the only other game in the series I've played was SR1 and I wasn't really interested in it at all. And I wouldn't call SR3's story childish, more just enjoyably wacky and over the top. I just loved how from the very first mission where you are basically blowing up a plane then sky diving out of it, you knew that the game was going to be totally over the top, and it never backed down on that. Obviously the gameplay was really awesome too, but the reason I could finish the game when I have so much trouble finishing almost any other sandbox game was that a large majority of the missions were not anything you would see in any other sandbox game, and they were all really varied.

[quote name='whoknows']So that you can watch it no matter what thread you're looking at?[/QUOTE]
Every thread needs constant updates about my pet games constantly.

[quote name='j-cart']One will fail and I will laugh.

I am a terrible person, but it's okay.[/QUOTE]
Shaker and Garriott's MMO are our sacrifices to the gods.

After reading Garriott hype his new game, I have no desire to play it. Unless, of course, it lets me hit dat "share" button.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I hope Shadowrun is good.

Please be good.[/QUOTE]

I'll only buy it if the shivering is completely realistic.

Also I need to understand my characters motivation for killing. Are they traumatized with it at first and then get used to it, or are they just murderers from the beginning?

This bitch was offered free sex and murdered a man because of it I don't think I like this tomb raider person that much.

[quote name='j-cart']SOooooo I haven't really encountered any of The Crotch bugs in XCOM...[/QUOTE]
Not even the Incredible Floating Mans?

Dayumn. I know it's been patched since release, but that's pretty encouraging.

[quote name='The Crotch']Not even the Incredible Floating Mans?

Dayumn. I know it's been patched since release, but that's pretty encouraging.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen bugs you posted. I did have one of my soldiers suspended in the air as they tossed a nade at some aliens.

But so far nothing major.

Hank's slideshow doesn't even have all the bugs I encountered, as I wasn't able to screencap everything. The chrysalid attacking a civilian through a wall was fucking bullshit, man.

[quote name='The Crotch']Hank's slideshow doesn't even have all the bugs I encountered, as I wasn't able to screencap everything. The chrysalid attacking a civilian through a wall was fucking bullshit, man.[/QUOTE]

Dat unreal engine!

[quote name='panzerfaust']fully realistic games would be awful, just how hollywood movies would suck if james bond got hit in the face by one of those stray bullets in a car chase. people complain about this sort of shit but don't seem to realize what they're asking for.[/QUOTE]

Don't want realistic games, just want games that incorporate their story into the mechanics. SR3 knows exactly what it is and it doesn't give a fuck and lets you do whatever the fuck you want. GTIV knew what it wanted to be, but didn't want to change it's fundamentals, and it's kind of stupid because of it.

If we want this medium to continue to be a piece of shit for storytelling, than let's keep it that way. Let's not tell Lara Croft stories and just keep telling Nathan Drake stories. It's the same game anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back