GGT 228 is Being Licensed Out as a MOBA, MMO, and Television Series!

Status
Not open for further replies.
She has to play decoy though and draw his attention. Sometimes it is hard for her to do that, especially on higher difficulties where Jill likes to fuck her up. She also likes to go off and do stupid shit on her own.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']She has to play decoy though and draw his attention. Sometimes it is hard for her to do that, especially on higher difficulties where Jill likes to fuck her up. She also likes to go off and do stupid shit on her own.[/QUOTE]

I was referring more to part 2 of the fight... trying to get the AI to do what's needed so you can remove the device without dying is a pain in the ass.

[quote name='ihadFG']I only got to play it for a couple hours so far on Tuesday, but it is a lot of fun to play. The first couple kills in that game are awesome, especially because it takes a bit of play before anything starts going down. That new melee weapon is sick. And I'm also taking it slow. There's just a lot of cool environmental details to explore.[/QUOTE]

Mhm, certainly. I don't know if you've gotten up to Elizabeth yet, but i think it's really nice that
she can defend herself and you don't have to worry about her in combat
. (That's not even really a spoiler, it's a game mechanic.)

Hey Luxuria and Indignate you guys still down for playing some League of Legends games tomorrow evening (around or after 7:00pm PST/10:00pm EST)?

[quote name='j-cart']WOOOO Hitman for $9.99

So by late July/August TR should be that same price![/QUOTE]
I would say TR was a successful game and probably not but as we all know 4 million sells for a video game is lackluckster nowadays

So by late July/August TR should be that same price![/QUOTE]

Where at?

And agreed.

Also RE5 >>> RE6 when it comes to co-op. This is coming from someone that has only played RE5 and 6 co-op, and put 70+ hours on RE5. Still have to finish Jake and Ada's campaigns.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Where at?

And agreed.

Also RE5 >>> RE6 when it comes to co-op. This is coming from someone that has only played RE5 and 6 co-op, and put 70+ hours on RE5. Still have to finish Jake and Ada's campaigns.[/QUOTE]

Steam weekend deal.

And I have no idea about RE5 or RE6 in co-op... I enjoyed both games solo, but I thought RE6 offered more variety and better stages and set pieces overall. Since you liked RE5 in co-op so much, it's no wonder you liked Chris's campaign better than Leon's.

Leon's is sort of a mini RE4.
Chris's is sort of a mini RE5.
Jake's is kind of new but has touches of RE3 mixed with RE5.
Ada's is kind of like a longer Separate Ways.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Steam weekend deal.

And I have no idea about RE5 or RE6 in co-op... I enjoyed both games solo, but I thought RE6 offered more variety and better stages and set pieces overall. Since you liked RE5 in co-op so much, it's no wonder you liked Chris's campaign better than Leon's.

Leon's is sort of a mini RE4.
Chris's is sort of a mini RE5.
Jake's is kind of new but has touches of RE3 mixed with RE5.
Ada's is kind of like a longer Separate Ways.[/QUOTE]
My biggest thing is that co-op in RE5 actually required more planning and teamwork. Item sharing, taking specific roles in the team by bringing certain guns or items, that kind of deal. RE6 just says "fuck it, here are guns, you can't share anything." Plus I MISS being able to pimp out guns like in RE4 and 5. That was addictive, and collecting skills isn't the same.

And yes, pretty much spot on assessment so far. The chapters stretch on too long in both campaigns, and they both are filled with annoying things and cheapshots. I like RE4 more than RE5, but I liked Chris's campaign more than Leon's. But then again, I love killing big ass monsters.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']My biggest thing is that co-op in RE5 actually required more planning and teamwork. Item sharing, taking specific roles in the team by bringing certain guns or items, that kind of deal. RE6 just says "fuck it, here are guns, you can't share anything." Plus I MISS being able to pimp out guns like in RE4 and 5. That was addictive, and collecting skills isn't the same.

And yes, pretty much spot on assessment so far. The chapters stretch on too long in both campaigns, and they both are filled with annoying things and cheapshots. I like RE4 more than RE5, but I liked Chris's campaign more than Leon's. But then again, I love killing big ass monsters.[/QUOTE]

The thing about RE4 that helps keep it in high regard is that it was fresh and new and very well done. Sequels often don't live up to the original... so you take RE4, you add some co-op, you make it bigger, and it's enjoyable, but it's just doesn't have the magic.

And that's the trend with all co-op, the give everyone everything. It's what happens when a game isn't exactly centered on co-op but wants to offer the drop-in, drop-out ability to play with friends. Gears is like this, Dead Space 3 is like this, RE6 is like this... and why? Because playing RE5 as a solo game and trying to depend on an AI partner like you would a real partner just doesn't work so well... so to do the instant anytime co-op? Everyone gets everything and you don't have to share really... (I know you can share in Dead Space 3, but I never had any interest in RE6 co-op other than Mercenaries, so I can't speak to it).

[quote name='j-cart']Nice, midget fantasy simulator the fourth. Seriously though, anyone think the first person camera is too low to the ground?[/QUOTE]

I thought something seemed off about the footage.

[quote name='j-cart']Nice, midget fantasy simulator the fourth. Seriously though, anyone think the first person camera is too low to the ground?[/QUOTE]
If you haven't yet, wait until you play Infinite. You're supposed to be around 6 feet tall, but the camera's maybe around 4 off the ground. Feels super off.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']If you haven't yet, wait until you play Infinite. You're supposed to be around 6 feet tall, but the camera's maybe around 4 off the ground. Feels super off.[/QUOTE]

Have Infinite. Change the FOV slider to max distance, makes is feel a bit better.

I'm excited for final round tomorrow =]
[quote name='CaptainJoel']If you haven't yet, wait until you play Infinite. You're supposed to be around 6 feet tall, but the camera's maybe around 4 off the ground. Feels super off.[/QUOTE]

I'm too busy looking at elizabeth to notice dawg

So many people confused about big boss and solid snake in MGS 5. I don't even know why hes still being called snake on some websites nukka is big boss

Can we talk about it in here?

Exhibition going on now. Abegen is playing random people I'm just watching until dinner is done

[quote name='GUNNM']So many people confused about big boss and solid snake in MGS 5. I don't even know why hes still being called snake on some websites nukka is big boss[/QUOTE]

Big Boss is Naked Snake.

Dawg.

They do this so that they won't end up being wrong.

Doesn't he still call himself Snake in Peace Walker? Regardless of which Snake it is, it's still Snake and they'll find a way to call him such in the game.

And just say yes so that Whoknows will think that we are.

Even if he did use naked snake in PW its still confusing to people who aren't really in the know of the MGS world. I hope kojima reads that petition for bringing back hayter, david hayter really wants to come back.

Omg itz andre on stream I'm gonna go play bioshock
John_%28MGS4DB%29.jpg

[quote name='GUNNM']Even if he did use naked snake in PW its still confusing to people who aren't really in the know of the MGS world. I hope kojima reads that petition for bringing back hayter, david hayter really wants to come back.[/QUOTE]

You mean like those people who only have 360s?

I'm comfortable with Hayter not coming back only if he's doing another Guyver.

[quote name='j-cart']Have Infinite. Change the FOV slider to max distance, makes is feel a bit better.[/QUOTE]
I'll try it out!

[quote name='GUNNM']
I'm too busy looking at elizabeth to notice dawg[/QUOTE]
She is pretty crazy hot.

[quote name='GUNNM']So many people confused about big boss and solid snake in MGS 5. I don't even know why hes still being called snake on some websites nukka is big boss[/QUOTE]
I think it's more people that don't play MGS confusing other people that don't play MGS. I know when I posted the video on Facebook that I got messages from 10 people asking why Snake was young again and every time they were surprised that MGSV isn't a sequel to 4 and that Big Boss also goes by Naked Snake. Also seems that a ridiculously large amount of people don't know that Peacewalker is a thing. Seems most people I knew thought it was like AC!D and outside of continuity.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']You play as a fucked up failed clone of Big Boss, not any of the 3 Snakes.[/QUOTE]
THAT WOULD BE SO COOL! Gahhh, I'm dying for that game now.

---------
Just finished Bioshock Infinite. Maybe took around 6-8 hours and I explored every nook and cranny. Great game and that ending is probably my favorite ending in recent memory. Saw it coming from a mile away, but it didn't take anything away from it. I think I may even pick up the DLC now.

[quote name='Indignate']You mean like those people who only have 360s?

I'm comfortable with Hayter not coming back only if he's doing another Guyver.[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong, but I suspect this is just another one of Kojima's infamous attempts at misdirection. Hayter claims they didn't even ask him to return. I don't see why they wouldn't.

[quote name='icebeast']Hey Luxuria and Indignate you guys still down for playing some League of Legends games tomorrow evening (around or after 7:00pm PST/10:00pm EST)?[/QUOTE]

I might be able to. I'll let you know! Might be an hour or so late if anything.

[quote name='CaptainJoel'] Just finished Bioshock Infinite. Maybe took around 6-8 hours and I explored every nook and cranny. Great game and that ending is probably my favorite ending in recent memory. Saw it coming from a mile away, but it didn't take anything away from it. I think I may even pick up the DLC now.[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hell, for that price, I'm in. I know it's supposed to be disappointing compared to the rest of the series, but I haven't played the rest of the series, so I might as well start with that one. That way I won't be disappointed.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Man, platforming in Lords of Shadows is not its strong suit.[/QUOTE]

Truth.
The good part, sort of, is that it allows you to die in the climbing sections... which is a far cry from something like Uncharted, where it's pretty impossible to die from falling during a climbing section.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Truth.
The good part, sort of, is that it allows you to die in the climbing sections... which is a far cry from something like Uncharted, where it's pretty impossible to die from falling during a climbing section.[/QUOTE]

With uncharted you always know where you can move to. You have a much better judge of how far you can jump.

In castlevania its closer to jump and pray.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Truth.
The good part, sort of, is that it allows you to die in the climbing sections... which is a far cry from something like Uncharted, where it's pretty impossible to die from falling during a climbing section.[/QUOTE]

I like not dying in climbing sections because whenever I die in climbing sections, it's usually stupid control issues. In Lords of Shadow, I kept dying whenever I slid to the bottom of the grappling hook, and he would just fall off. That was pretty annoying.

[quote name='BlueScrote']With uncharted you always know where you can move to. You have a much better judge of how far you can jump.

In castlevania its closer to jump and pray.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking more of the sections with the whip and platforming...
Uncharted games... if you die while platforming, it's either because you tried something that wasn't intended... or you tried something that wasn't intended. :)

I'm not praising the platforming in Castlevania extensively here, just saying that I like the fact that in the climbing sections you can die because you didn't pay attention.

[quote name='ihadFG']I like not dying in climbing sections because whenever I die in climbing sections, it's usually stupid control issues. In Lords of Shadow, I kept dying whenever I slid to the bottom of the grappling hook, and he would just fall off. That was pretty annoying.[/QUOTE]

I swear I've completed sections of climbing in Uncharted by holding up+direction and mashing x. It's boring. It's a HUGE reason I loved the touch climbing on Vita's Golden Abyss... streamlined, interactive more then the console hold direction, mash button... I couldn't die, but it made a slow section go faster and require me to pay attention instead of boring me to death. And I remember the thing about sliding off the chains... trust me I do. When you have to speed run some of those sections to complete the challenges for the platinum? I had more than enough swear words for sliding right off the chains... annoying, yes... but still, I think I'll take it over the Uncharted "you can't die unless you try" mentality. :p

I know it gets a lot of hate, but I liked the way PoP 2008 handled dying during platforming.

Edit: Or even the other PoP trilogy. At least rewinding time would undo any stupid control/camera issues.

[quote name='ihadFG']I know it gets a lot of hate, but I liked the way PoP 2008 handled dying during platforming.

Edit: Or even the other PoP trilogy. At least rewinding time would undo any stupid control/camera issues.[/QUOTE]

I'll agree on PoP 2008...
Part of the hate is that people felt like they weren't dying.
But every time she saved you? Yeah, that was a death. That's why there's a trophy/achievement for being saved less than 100 times or whatever.

And the rewind mechanic doesn't help in some of the PoP games. Sometimes the jumps are just too ridiculous and even if you rewind, you don't have enougn to go back far enough to fix the approach... it's not fool proof, is what I'm getting at... but it will help with tricky/difficult jumps as well as helping with camera issues.

[quote name='whoknows']You people and not wanting to be punished for making bad decisions and dying.[/QUOTE]

:darksiders II screenshot of # of times whoknows died: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back