GGT 235 Something Something Inside Joke

So, anyone... how's the story of Injustice: Gods Among Us? Is it any good?

I'm just curious since the commercial I saw made it look interesting.

leda-o.gif
aw-ledas-cute-o.gif
leda-and-pikachu-kiss-o.gif
leda-doing-le-worm-xd-o.gif
nyan-cat-leda-o.gif
boob-attack-o.gif

[quote name='ID2006']So, anyone... how's the story of Injustice: Gods Among Us? Is it any good?

I'm just curious since the commercial I saw made it look interesting.[/QUOTE]

It's alright, it's a little short and some of the parts and it made me go wtf, but at the same time since it's using it's own world it works out well and they define their versions of the characters pretty well.

[quote name='MoCiWe']This makes me somewhat more interested, but I don't have a Vita and probably won't for quite some time.

But then this makes me think if I'll enjoy it as much since I do love the style/pacing of Monster Hunter and don't know if I'd like that type of game as much with a different pace.
[/QUOTE]

Hard to say.
I will never understand Monster Hunter -- I bought it thinking I would like it, because I watched a couple bigger fights from MHFU. But then I got my Vita and put it on there and tried it out. I didn't get very far before I was bored to tears. I didn't enjoy the combat. It was so slow and annoying and boring to me.
For me, SS kills Monster Hunter though the similarities end with "fight big creatures in an arena type environment" for me... Other people who want it to be Monster Hunter are disappointed (I've seen it called Spell Hunter Tri :lol:).

This guy was playing the JPN demo for his video, but you can see some good stuff here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U28F2-9NFNk

He's not the greatest at the fight and he's using the AI partners instead of multiplayer, but it gives a decent idea of what the game plays like.

why the fuck do people say that?
natalie fucking portman was in star wars
how much vagina do u need walking around?

i fully support hugo weaving as thrawn.
jeff bridges should play cboath
good luck casting for mara jade
actually just thought that scarlet johanson would be a good choice

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='corrosivefrost']Hard to say.
I will never understand Monster Hunter -- I bought it thinking I would like it, because I watched a couple bigger fights from MHFU. But then I got my Vita and put it on there and tried it out. I didn't get very far before I was bored to tears. I didn't enjoy the combat. It was so slow and annoying and boring to me.
For me, SS kills Monster Hunter though the similarities end with "fight big creatures in an arena type environment" for me... Other people who want it to be Monster Hunter are disappointed (I've seen it called Spell Hunter Tri :lol:).

This guy was playing the JPN demo for his video, but you can see some good stuff here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U28F2-9NFNk

He's not the greatest at the fight and he's using the AI partners instead of multiplayer, but it gives a decent idea of what the game plays like.[/QUOTE]

hmmmm, yeah it doesn't look terrible, not as good as Monster Hunter to me but if I ever get a Vita it will be on my list of games to try.

[quote name='j-cart']
310843_598207966856212_1490335337_n.jpg

This would be soo epic if true...[/QUOTE]

Having just finished the Thrawn trilogy, I would love that.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Friend and I play a game on Steam. We look at random indie games and try to guess if you have them on your wishlist. It's not a very difficult game.

Phantom Dust looked sweet, too bad my Xbox died before I could play it. :cry: Is it BC on 360? Too lazy to dig it out to check.

Jake Heart, buy your own shit. :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

We do that sometime yes? aye?

I had phantom dust but got stuck on the first boss... plus its not as fun without the online mode honestly :(

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Well it finally happened. . .I went and checked the mail on my way home, and what do I find in my mailbox?
The box that Jimbo was supposed to end to me like 3 years ago for winning a fighting game trivia challenge in the FGT. ^__^
IMG_1395_zps05f951d3.jpg

Now you may be all Brad Pitt in Seven and ask me "What's in the box?" Well, I shall show you. . .

Tyler Perry's I Can Do Bad All By Myself DVD. Still sealed too. I'll keep it sealed so I can Ebay it later for huge money. :drool:
IMG_1397_zps13d7de43.jpg

A box of School Smart colored pencils. Always handy when I'm drawing dicks on everything. Gotta be racially diverse.
IMG_1398_zps13c817f3.jpg

Stuff On My Cat: The Book. Definitely a page turner. Simply gripping. My cat likes it too. ^__^
IMG_1399_zpsebc84332.jpg

Final Fight Streetwise for Xbox. Hell yes. Love this game. Can't wait to stomp out roaches to surf music in a diner again. Yes, that happens in it.
IMG_1400_zps1fff0c9b.jpg

Apocalypse for PS1, starring Bruce Willis. Game is so amazing. Nothing better than kicking ass as Bruno. It's almost as good as One.
IMG_1401_zps87f07649.jpg

Mobile Light Force for PS1. A reskinned Gunbird, it's actually decent, despite the stupid changes.
IMG_1402_zpse011f3e7.jpg

A sweet ass Power Rangers T shirt. Kick ass. :bouncy:
IMG_1405_zps58b03246.jpg

Lego Akuma. Top tier Lego character.
IMG_1407_zpscf8a307d.jpg

Spider-man. He falls over when I stand him up. Drunk Spider-man.
IMG_1408_zps4c8877a7.jpg

A dollar bill. US currency. Nothing too out of the ordinary, until you turn it over. . .
IMG_1409_zpsb8cd7c0f.jpg

IMG_1410_zpsdc1cb796.jpg

Nidoran Pokeymanz card. Now I have one Pokeymanz card. Fear me.
IMG_1411_zpseaca72e6.jpg

The Mask, from the movie The Mask. Not putting it on. The world would be doomed.
IMG_1412_zps571117d0.jpg

A Gears of War lanyard thing.
IMG_1414_zps6e8af700.jpg

A Class of 2004 lanyard thing. About 5 years too late for me. I should wear it around and confuse people.
IMG_1415_zps5fb0de48.jpg

A knockoff Batman pencil. Straight from the streets of Hong Kong.
IMG_1416_zpscdee4273.jpg

A Sabertooth Pog. At least I think it's a Pog. I'm old.
IMG_1417_zpse2d42407.jpg

And finally, this sweet ass note. :D
IMG_1419_zpscd7426ba.jpg

Thank you, Jimbo, for finally sending it. It was fun lording it over you all of these years. I was honestly surprised when I saw it in my mailbox, laughed so hard. :D Made my day, seriously.[/QUOTE]

Holy butts, it actually showed up finally. :applause:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Just watch the beginning, Josh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxKWTzr-k6s[/QUOTE]

Wish I was working at a Pearl Jam concert. Mikey would disapprove, but I'm a fan.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Yep, he says it's Thursday.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sorry I wasn't around to clear up the confusion myself. Tonight I'll hop on as soon as I get home. It'll be around 7:30-7:45 EST.

[quote name='dothog']You might as well argue over a favorite among the COD series.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='j-cart']
310843_598207966856212_1490335337_n.jpg

This would be soo epic if true...[/QUOTE]

The best thing would be him and Willem Dafoe teaming up as villains.

Aaaaaaaand I'm done with finals! I finished that rather quickly. Now to enjoy these next two weeks. :cool:

[quote name='ActionKazimer']I'm two acts away from Fire Emblem's end game. Need moar gameplay. Marrying people off just to get kids and paralogues. Lux, you try any of the DLC? I might grab the packs with the new classes.[/QUOTE]

I haven't. I was tempted, but I think I rather move on to Etrian Odyssey. Managed to finish the game up between exams this morning (I stayed up a bit later than I should have last night). I clocked in at about 36 hours, which isn't all that bad honestly. I loved the game. The final chapter was a little annoying, but then I remembered to pair up my units and it was k.

To those that have a 3DS (or don't but are thinking of getting one); you NEED to get this game. Totally recommend it.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']
Fat-guy-DDR.gif
[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Been playing Poker Night 2 on the 360, I know I could have gotten it cheaper on PC but I wanted the Borderlands 2 stuff and the necronomicon for my avatar, I got to say, the banter between the characters easily made it worth the asking price to me.

[quote name='MoCiWe']hmmmm, yeah it doesn't look terrible, not as good as Monster Hunter to me but if I ever get a Vita it will be on my list of games to try.[/QUOTE]

I think your sentence is broken. "doesn't look terrible" is not a phrase for Soul Sacrifice. It is a phrase for Monster Hunter. :p

[quote name='Luxuria']Aaaaaaaand I'm done with finals! I finished that rather quickly. Now to enjoy these next two weeks. :cool:[/QUOTE]

What happens in 2 weeks gurl?

[quote name='MoCiWe']the banter between the characters easily made it worth the asking price to me.[/QUOTE]

Does it though?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I think your sentence is broken. Terrible is not an adjective for Soul Sacrifice. Terrible is an adjective for Monster Hunter. :p[/QUOTE]

We can't judge a game based on its demo, Frosty. It may actually turn out to be terrible.

Just ask Frosty.

damn! going through some old online files I had... back in the FGT days when people were people:

jumblefish.jpg

If anyone remembers this I'd be surprised cuz even I forgot about it.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I think your sentence is broken. "doesn't look terrible" is not a phrase for Soul Sacrifice. It is a phrase for Monster Hunter. :p[/QUOTE]

Oh you, I guess I just don't really have any expectations since I haven't really paid attention to it at all before, like I said though, I'll definitely try it out (at least the demo for sure) when I pick up a Vita.

[quote name='Indignate']
Does it though?
[/QUOTE]

Yes? Ash is an amazing character and I love those movies, then hearing Patrick Warburton be hysterical like always (Brock Samson) is a plus, then I have the 2 claptrap figures out so I like that character as well. Sam/Max are probably my least favorite but I still enjoyed their games and what they say in the game, I guess it depends on how much you like the characters.

I guess it depends on if you like Poker or not as well, the banter's probably not worth it if you hate poker since that's all you will be doing.

[quote name='Indignate']What happens in 2 weeks gurl?[/QUOTE]

Intoxicated river rafting ft. Leda. Getting wet, getting wild.

I want to get a game, but not sure which one I want. I rather not get both Soul Sacrifice AND Dragon's Dogma. ._.

[quote name='Luxuria']I haven't. I was tempted, but I think I rather move on to Etrian Odyssey. Managed to finish the game up between exams this morning (I stayed up a bit later than I should have last night). I clocked in at about 36 hours, which isn't all that bad honestly. I loved the game. The final chapter was a little annoying, but then I remembered to pair up my units and it was k.

To those that have a 3DS (or don't but are thinking of getting one); you NEED to get this game. Totally recommend it.[/QUOTE]

I'm basically at the final mission of the game but I've been training a few people up for fun, probably going to finish it tonight with a total play time of around 60 hours (80-90% of which was done exclusively on my 2 hours of train commuting to work a day).

[quote name='ActionKazimer']I'm two acts away from Fire Emblem's end game. Need moar gameplay. Marrying people off just to get kids and paralogues. Lux, you try any of the DLC? I might grab the packs with the new classes.[/QUOTE]

I've tried the DLC, honestly a lot of them are either really break the game (DLC classes are fairly overpowered, the EXP gain mission, the money gain mission, some that give you really good skill books) or ones that are just supposed to be insane hard.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Hard to say.
I will never understand Monster Hunter -- I bought it thinking I would like it, because I watched a couple bigger fights from MHFU. But then I got my Vita and put it on there and tried it out. I didn't get very far before I was bored to tears. I didn't enjoy the combat. It was so slow and annoying and boring to me.[/QUOTE]

You will never really understand the fun of Monster Hunter unless you play with other people, the game is only alright as a single player game, but as a multiplayer game being played with friends especially, or at least other humans, the game is amazing, and fighting some of the really difficult and epic monsters (most of which you will never be able to fight unless you play multiplayer) is certainly not boring when you have 4 dudes running around and trying not to screw each other up. The major issue with the series is that in America finding people to play with has been difficult outside of using ad-hoc party or the MH3 and MH3U which have online play.

[quote name='icebeast']
You will never really understand the fun of Monster Hunter unless you play with other people, the game is only alright as a single player game, but as a multiplayer game being played with friends especially, or at least other humans, the game is amazing, and fighting some of the really difficult and epic monsters (most of which you will never be able to fight unless you play multiplayer) is certainly not boring when you have 4 dudes running around and trying not to screw each other up. The major issue with the series is that in America finding people to play with has been difficult outside of using ad-hoc party or the MH3 and MH3U which have online play.[/QUOTE]

It might be more fun with more people, Soul Sacrifice certainly is, but that doesn't fix the problems I have with the core gameplay. I made sure I tried every single weapon type possible in MHFU and I hated them all. Combined with the lack of a targeting system (lock-on) and the speed of things, I was very disappointed.

[quote name='icebeast']I've tried the DLC, honestly a lot of them are either really break the game (DLC classes are fairly overpowered, the EXP gain mission, the money gain mission, some that give you really good skill books) or ones that are just supposed to be insane hard. [/QUOTE]

I ended up buying the packs with the DLC classes just to see what they're all about. I'm definitely just trying to extend the experience at this point. I imagine I'll give the higher difficulties a shot after this. Thanks for the feedback!

[quote name='ihadFG']Holy butts, it actually showed up finally. :applause:
[/quote]
Yes, I was totally floored. :D

Wish I was working at a Pearl Jam concert. Mikey would disapprove, but I'm a fan.
I'm a fan too, but I didn't care for their last album too much. Haven't seen them since. . .

This show, which was amazing. I also bought the CD of it, so I can remember it anytime. Pretty sweet. :bouncy:
IMG_1422_zps6b20f792.jpg

Found that randomly while cleaning yesterday. :)

Oh by the way Hank, I knew you liked to cook, but I didn't know you made soda as well.

braYkJg.jpg

EYMF8St.jpg

Picked it up at the grocery store.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']It might be more fun with more people, Soul Sacrifice certainly is, but that doesn't fix the problems I have with the core gameplay. I made sure I tried every single weapon type possible in MHFU and I hated them all. Combined with the lack of a targeting system (lock-on) and the speed of things, I was very disappointed.[/QUOTE]

I mean but the speed of it makes sense, since you can actually interrupt other people with your own attacks (me and my friend called the long sword the noob stick because tons of people online used it and would hit all the other melee players because they would just spam their attacks), so it's very much a game of correct positioning, timing, and teamwork, not of just mashing buttons and unloading insane combos. And the weapons take time to master and get a feel of. Also even though the most recent MH game did add lock-on-ish feature, it doesn't really make sense for the game to encourage constantly locking on, because of what I just said, there is friendly fire (although you don't do damage, just stagger your teammates, which usually ends up getting them damaged when the monster hits them because they can't move out of the way) so having the game controlling your facing would mean there would be times where you would be forced to hit your teammates, vs how it is without it where you might actually face in a perpendicular direction and/or towards a specific part of a monster's body (since you can break parts of the monster to get better stuff) in order to do what your weapon is designed for (i.e. some weapons are way better at destroying parts of the monster, and some can only be used, like slicing weapons are the only things that can cut off tails, and hammers are way better at breaking horns and stunning the monster) and to not interfere with other players.

[quote name='icebeast']I mean but the speed of it makes sense, since you can actually interrupt other people with your own attacks (me and my friend called the long sword the noob stick because tons of people online used it and would hit all the other melee players because they would just spam their attacks), so it's very much a game of correct positioning and teamwork, not of just unloading insane combos and mashing buttons. And the weapons take time to master and get a feel of. Also even though the most recent MH game did add lock-on-ish feature, it doesn't really make sense for the game to encourage constantly locking on, because of what I just said, there is friendly fire (although you don't do damage, just stagger your teammates) so having the game controlling your facing would mean there would be times where you would be forced to hit your teammates, vs how it is without it where you might actually face a strange direction in order to not interfere with other players.[/QUOTE]

There's friendly fire in that sense in Soul Sacrifice too. There's absolutely NO EXCUSE for a 3D action-combat type game to not have a lock-on, and a competent one at that. You should not have to try to be managing the camera to figure out where the target went while you're in the middle of healing/attacking/whatever. :p

[quote name='corrosivefrost']There's friendly fire in that sense in Soul Sacrifice too. There's absolutely NO EXCUSE for a 3D action-combat type game to not have a lock-on, and a competent one at that. You should not have to try to be managing the camera to figure out where the target went while you're in the middle of healing/attacking/whatever. :p[/QUOTE]

Sorry I just edited my post to explain why that is, but basically each weapon has a job that requires you to be positioned somewhere specific on the monsters body (i.e. hammers and lances on the head, slicing weapons towards the middle/back or on the tail, bowguns at a range and position where you aren't going to be shooting your teammates) to do what your weapon is intended to do for breaking parts of the monster or causing effects on it and facing in such a way that you don't mess with someone else doing a different job. Again why MH really isn't that interesting as a single player game, since with just one weapon type you don't really have the tools needed to get everything from a monster so you'd have to switch and do missions far more times then if you played online with a team who could fully farm a monster by breaking everything.

--

We'll see I didn't even bother playing the demo for Soul Sacrifice but I included in a birthday list I sent to my mom of stuff she could get me for my birthday (along with a few other games and some comics), I got Dragon's Dogma from her so far so I might give that a try soon. My sister ended up sending me a bunch of awesome shirts, a graphic novel, and this funny looking fat ball shaped spider-man plush, haha.

[quote name='icebeast']Sorry I just edited my post to explain why that is, but basically each weapon has a job that requires you to be positioned somewhere specific on the monsters body (i.e. hammers and lances on the head, slicing weapons towards the middle/back or on the tail, bowguns at a range and position where you aren't going to be shooting your teammates) to do what your weapon is intended to do for breaking parts of the monster or causing effects on it and facing in such a way that you don't mess with someone else doing a different job. Again why MH really isn't that interesting as a single player game, since with just one weapon type you don't really have the tools needed to get everything from a monster so you'd have to switch and do missions far more times then if you played online with a team who could fully farm a monster by breaking everything.

--

We'll see I didn't even bother playing the demo for Soul Sacrifice but I included in a birthday list I sent to my mom of stuff she could get me for my birthday (along with a few other games and some comics), I got Dragon's Dogma from her so far so I might give that a try soon. My sister ended up sending me a bunch of awesome shirts, a graphic novel, and this funny looking fat ball shaped spider-man plush, haha.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you want somebody to sorcer with, I'm your guy. ;)
Let me know if you get it and want to play.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Maaaaan, I'm addicted to Poker now.[/QUOTE]

play texas hold em for real and lose all ur money like in Rounders :)

My nephew is playing Sleeping Dogs. He's dressed up like the Terminator, and keeps saying lines from T2 in an Asian accent while driving around on a chopper.

I taught him well.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']My nephew is playing Sleeping Dogs. He's dressed up like the Terminator, and keeps saying lines from T2 in an Asian accent while driving around on a chopper.

I taught him well.[/QUOTE]

how old? pics?

[quote name='snakemaster2389']how old? pics?[/QUOTE]
Seriously, nobody would ever find your body if you even attempted anything with him.

18, hornball. :nottalking:

bread's done
Back